Forums

Pastor Cuffie Openly Defies The Government

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Pastor Cuffie Openly Defies The Government

Postby maj. tom » March 24th, 2020, 10:19 am

Just now yuh go be eating like RedVevo. Sundays on the yacht with fancy meals.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 24th, 2020, 12:37 pm

maj. tom wrote:Just now yuh go be eating like RedVevo. Sundays on the yacht with fancy meals.

Just now ? Boy ask eliteauto how we does do it. He and he son move with us one day when he was UNC , he like heself . And then PNM win the election and he switch .

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 24th, 2020, 1:08 pm

Jahaji Bye > Jahaji Bhai

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 24th, 2020, 2:38 pm

rspann wrote:
maj. tom wrote:Just now yuh go be eating like RedVevo. Sundays on the yacht with fancy meals.

Just now ? Boy ask eliteauto how we does do it. He and he son move with us one day when he was UNC , he like heself . And then PNM win the election and he switch .
Elite was never non PNM, u lie

Tortilla_Man
Street 2NR

Postby Tortilla_Man » March 24th, 2020, 4:11 pm

rspann wrote:A very senior officer told me that they going to deal with Cuffie. He might not have a choice by later today.

He said a church in Freeport and I assumed Cuffie. Now saw another Freeport church make the news so I not sure which it is now.

I think his church is the big purple building around chase village on the maid rd. and i think he own the school on the main rd. too, he have a good few businesses all over. The major freeport one was the one on the news recently but it's not his.

Tortilla_Man
Street 2NR

Postby Tortilla_Man » March 24th, 2020, 4:19 pm

bluefete wrote:On pg. 9 of today's (20/3/2020) Newsday is an ad by Pastor Cuffie.

Part of it states:

"Last Wednesday (18/3/20) HUNDREDS experienced the wonders in God's House. and, very importantly: The Impartation and Activation of the Gift of Faith (the highest level of faith) from Pastor Cuffie himself. So catch this huge one tonight.

The best and safest place to be now is in the House of the Lord ... God's House is not a place where we fear we will get sick - but give, draw healing, wholeness ... not afraid of sickness, but sickness afraid of us.

NOTE: God's House is NOT the same as a bar, entertainment centre or so. The healing, miracle, Holy Ghost dwells in his House.

Be cautious, beware, but don't be dominated by fear.

TONIGHT (20-03-20) @ 7:00 p.m."

So money is more important to this man than the health of his sheep / flock!

Does he not know the line in the Bible that says:

" For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20)

Clearly, he does not practice what he preaches.

God did not command us to be stupid.

If he was really a "man of god" he would be trying to help with donations etc. but he is clearly a businessman using God as a marketing strategy aka pay your way into heaven, more tithes = closer to god. Preying on poor people during a time like this smh.

Faith without works is dead, easier for a beggar to go to heaven or for a camel to pass thru a needle's eye than for a rich man to enter heaven, God don't dwell in temples made of stone, but he wouldn't preach that though.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 24th, 2020, 5:30 pm

Time for the PM to get serious about this nonsense. No more talk. This man's beliefs and love of money will be epicenter for an explosive and unstoppable spread of COVID-19 in TT.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 24th, 2020, 6:48 pm

zoom rader wrote:
rspann wrote:

Elite was never non PNM, u lie

When he was playing UNC to get contract nah ,you know what I mean. Is de same thing , doh sweat the fine details nah.

Ent the 1% does play both sides ?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 24th, 2020, 6:49 pm

Totilla man don't know you suppose to sow ah seed to get the riches ?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 24th, 2020, 7:22 pm

rspann wrote:

Hoss, ah fold up with that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw Spann is the kinda fella who does reach in the second Bocas and then tell you " we have enough diesel to reach Grenada and come back, wha yuh for?"

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 24th, 2020, 7:30 pm

eliteauto wrote:
rspann wrote:

Hoss, ah fold up with that one :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw Spann is the kinda fella who does reach in the second Bocas and then tell you " we have enough diesel to reach Grenada and come back, wha yuh for?"

Next time I making a rev I will ask zoomrader if he want to roll wid we .Out there it ain't have no UNC and PNM.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 24th, 2020, 8:45 pm

rspann wrote:
eliteauto wrote:
rspann wrote:

Hoss, ah fold up with that one

Next time I making a rev I will ask zoomrader if he want to roll wid we .Out there it ain't have no UNC and PNM.
Elite go make me swim with the fishes

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Pastor Cuffie Openly Defies The Government after

Postby eliteauto » March 24th, 2020, 9:17 pm

nah man issa love after the covid-19 we go make a pump

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 24th, 2020, 9:18 pm

Boysie Singh was ah injun dred.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 24th, 2020, 9:19 pm

eliteauto wrote:nah man issa love after the covid-19 we go make a pump

We could carry RedFISH ?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 24th, 2020, 9:25 pm

rspann wrote:Boysie Singh was ah injun dred.
Few men in here know who dat OG is

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 24th, 2020, 9:33 pm

THAT ! Was a bad injun. The original gangster. You ever read the book?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 24th, 2020, 9:34 pm

rspann wrote:
eliteauto wrote:nah man issa love after the covid-19 we go make a pump

We could carry RedFISH ?

yuh anchor stop working?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 24th, 2020, 9:53 pm

Like yuh miss this post. So you ain't fed up of sandwiches and KFC ?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » March 25th, 2020, 11:20 am

I find Pastor Cuffie should be allowed to host his services. What they should do is keep the service quarantined wherever they have it. They could use the time to hold a 21 day prayer vigil to save the country. win/win.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 25th, 2020, 11:38 am

Slartibartfast wrote:I find Pastor Cuffie should be allowed to host his services. What they should do is keep the service quarantined wherever they have it. They could use the time to hold a 21 day prayer vigil to save the country. win/win.

You really think Cuffie want his flock to live by him or in his church compound for 2 weeks?

Rowley done call for a National Day of Prayer.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 25th, 2020, 1:41 pm

Yes let them go and lockdown the compound.
They can fast for 40 days too, just like Jesus did.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 25th, 2020, 2:54 pm

rspann wrote:THAT ! Was a bad injun. The original gangster. You ever read the book?
Yup I have the original book, got it off eBay. It's classed as a rare book, paid $100us as a collector edition.

Boysie so bad he lock the doors to his club just a beat up a foul month American soilder.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 25th, 2020, 3:16 pm

I read it while I was in 6th form , somebody lent me it. The man have 400 bodies credited to his name.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 25th, 2020, 3:26 pm

Yuh know , you does talk about PNM , but it had some dread Indian too yunno. Boysie Singh , Dr dalipsingh , Bombay and Eights, Joey Ramiah and his gang , Naresh , Imran Ali and bros from Maraval .

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 25th, 2020, 4:32 pm

rspann wrote:Yuh know , you does talk about PNM , but it had some dread Indian too yunno. Boysie Singh , Dr dalipsingh , Bombay and Eights, Joey Ramiah and his gang , Naresh , Imran Ali and bros from Maraval .
I try telling PNM ppl long time doh mess with dem old injun, especially dem with rubber slippers on.

Injun doh boast when dey bad

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Postby megadoc1 » April 2nd, 2020, 9:54 pm

bluefete wrote:What is it with these Pastors?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/18/us/l ... index.html

There are 2 videos in the link that I cannot embed.

A Louisiana pastor defies a state order and holds a church service with hundreds of people
Daniel Burke-Profile-Image1
By Daniel Burke, CNN Religion Editor

Updated 0028 GMT (0828 HKT) March 19, 2020

(CNN)On Tuesday night, just before the police arrived, Pastor Tony Spell stood in the pulpit of his Louisiana church and delivered a message to hundreds of worshipers before him and fellow believers around the world.

"I just want to encourage the religious world tonight, Amen!," Spell said in a sing-song voice, building to the crest of his sermon.
"Keep going to church! Keep on worshiping God! ... The church is a hospital for the sick! It's a place of healing for the brokenhearted!"

In holding services for so many followers at his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, Spell defied an emergency order by Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards banning public or private gatherings with more than 50 people to stop the spread of Covid-19.

"I feel the Covid-19 scare is politically motivated," Spell told CNN. He estimated his church hosted about 300 people for Tuesday's service.

As the deadly pandemic spreads, houses of worship around the world -- from the Vatican to storefront mosques -- have closed their doors. But a few like Spell defiantly refuse, arguing that they have a right to worship as they please, and that, with fears of contagion upending our daily lives, we need divine aid and prayer now more than ever.

Pastor Tony Spell: "I feel the Covid-19 scare is politically motivated."

In an essay in the conservative Catholic magazine First Things, editor R.R. Reno chastised the dozens of bishops in the US who have suspended Mass and closed their churches.

"Closing churches is utterly unnecessary," wrote Reno. "People can gather to pray before the reserved sacrament while maintaining the 'social distancing' advised by public health experts. Modest-sized Masses can be conducted in ways that do not irresponsibly risk spreading the virus."

But the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recommended that no gatherings with 50 people or more take place for the next eight weeks. The White House on Monday issued more stringent recommendations, saying that people should not gather in groups of more than 10 and should avoid restaurants.

In Baton Rouge, Spell said a police officer came to Life Tabernacle Church on Tuesday night and told him the next time the church held a service, the National Guard would be sent in to break it up.

The Central Police Department in Baton Rouge did not immediately respond to a request for comment. But in a statement, the department said that it would enforce the Governor's order.

As of Wednesday morning Louisiana had at least 257 confirmed coronavirus cases, with four deaths.

Seeking God's will
Like Spell, Pastor Brian Lowman is reluctant to close the doors of his South Hills Baptist Church in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Lowman said he met with the church's safety committee and deacons on Tuesday to "seek God's will for the church." As always, the independent Baptist church sought guidance from the Bible, particularly these passages:

Hebrews 10:25 -- "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

2 Timothy 1:7 -- "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

"The same God that told us not to stop coming together to worship Him during these times of increased illness and persecution," Lowman said in his letter to the congregation, "is the same One who does not want us to be afraid."

While remaining open for worship, the church is taking some precautions to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the pastor said. The church doors will be propped open and Lowman said he hopes congregants can make it to their pews without touching anything.

The offering plate will not be passed, and fellowship time and Sunday school have been cancelled.

Otherwise, the church plans to hold its Wednesday service as scheduled. Its Facebook page says the service also will be streamed online.

Pastor: 'The Bible tells us to lay hands on the sick'

In East Baton Rouge, Spell is making fewer concessions to the coronavirus.

The pastor accused the government of "over-reach" in mandating no large gatherings. He cast his defiance in the mold of Rosa Parks and the early American Revolutionaries.

"People are still going to work, still going to the mall. I encountered more people in Target today then I did during my service last night," he said. "It's persecution of the faith for me not to have my worship service and yet I am allowed to go out in public and shop. Why is there one standard for commerce and another for religion?"

Spell said his church held a typical service Tuesday evening. There was singing and dancing and slaying of the spirit, even the laying on of hands to heal the sick. Spell said he is not opposed to doctors, but says members of his congregation have been healed of AIDS-HIV and even cancer.

"The Bible tells us to lay hands on the sick and they shall recover and will continue to do that without the fear of the spread of any virus," Spell said.

He told CNN affiliate WAFB that his church hosted more than 1,100 people for services Sunday.

The pastor and his church are part of the Apostolic movement, which takes its doctrines from Jesus' earliest followers. Spell said he believes, as Jesus' apostles did, that we are living near the End Times, and that miracles, signs and wonders abound.

That's why it's so important that his church continues to meet, Spell said. The services, held three times weekly, aren't about the sermon, or even about the fellowship. It's about emotion, according to the pastor, the Holy Spirit that sweeps through a congregation and lifts it off its feet with a joyful noise. You can't get that from a television screen, he said.

"There are miracles and signs and wonders in every one of our services," Spell said, "and that's why we continue."

Fallout from Tuesday's service

A video of Tuesday's church service posted on Snell's Facebook page shows a diverse congregation joining hands to sing and dance. Some of the congregants appear elderly, others hold sleeping children in their arms.

But continuing their services may come at a cost for Life Tabernacle Church.

On Wednesday morning, after the church's service was broadcast on local news, several church members were suspended from work, Spell said, because their employers feared spreading the virus.

And come Sunday, as the church plans to bus in more than 600 children from a 60-mile radius for its free meals and Sunday school, they may also have another visitor: the National Guard.

But there may be sympathy for Spell and his cause among conservative Christians, even as many have closed their own churches. The pastor said Wednesday he's received dozens of messages from supporters.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » April 3rd, 2020, 2:10 am

^ insanity, why risk all of those people congregating in a church to spread the virus even more, it is selfish, irresponsible and dangerous, it is common sense, stay home

A church congregation was responsible for the rapid spread of Covid 19 in South Korea in early March
https://www.france24.com/en/20200303-so ... rus-spread

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 3rd, 2020, 7:40 am

Religion breeds ignorance...
megadoc1 wrote:
bluefete wrote:What is it with these Pastors?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/18/us/l ... index.html

There are 2 videos in the link that I cannot embed.

A Louisiana pastor defies a state order and holds a church service with hundreds of people
Daniel Burke-Profile-Image1
By Daniel Burke, CNN Religion Editor

Updated 0028 GMT (0828 HKT) March 19, 2020

(CNN)On Tuesday night, just before the police arrived, Pastor Tony Spell stood in the pulpit of his Louisiana church and delivered a message to hundreds of worshipers before him and fellow believers around the world.

"I just want to encourage the religious world tonight, Amen!," Spell said in a sing-song voice, building to the crest of his sermon.
"Keep going to church! Keep on worshiping God! ... The church is a hospital for the sick! It's a place of healing for the brokenhearted!"

In holding services for so many followers at his Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, Spell defied an emergency order by Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards banning public or private gatherings with more than 50 people to stop the spread of Covid-19.

"I feel the Covid-19 scare is politically motivated," Spell told CNN. He estimated his church hosted about 300 people for Tuesday's service.

As the deadly pandemic spreads, houses of worship around the world -- from the Vatican to storefront mosques -- have closed their doors. But a few like Spell defiantly refuse, arguing that they have a right to worship as they please, and that, with fears of contagion upending our daily lives, we need divine aid and prayer now more than ever.

Pastor Tony Spell: "I feel the Covid-19 scare is politically motivated."

In an essay in the conservative Catholic magazine First Things, editor R.R. Reno chastised the dozens of bishops in the US who have suspended Mass and closed their churches.

"Closing churches is utterly unnecessary," wrote Reno. "People can gather to pray before the reserved sacrament while maintaining the 'social distancing' advised by public health experts. Modest-sized Masses can be conducted in ways that do not irresponsibly risk spreading the virus."

But the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recommended that no gatherings with 50 people or more take place for the next eight weeks. The White House on Monday issued more stringent recommendations, saying that people should not gather in groups of more than 10 and should avoid restaurants.

In Baton Rouge, Spell said a police officer came to Life Tabernacle Church on Tuesday night and told him the next time the church held a service, the National Guard would be sent in to break it up.

The Central Police Department in Baton Rouge did not immediately respond to a request for comment. But in a statement, the department said that it would enforce the Governor's order.

As of Wednesday morning Louisiana had at least 257 confirmed coronavirus cases, with four deaths.

Seeking God's will
Like Spell, Pastor Brian Lowman is reluctant to close the doors of his South Hills Baptist Church in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Lowman said he met with the church's safety committee and deacons on Tuesday to "seek God's will for the church." As always, the independent Baptist church sought guidance from the Bible, particularly these passages:

Hebrews 10:25 -- "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

2 Timothy 1:7 -- "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

"The same God that told us not to stop coming together to worship Him during these times of increased illness and persecution," Lowman said in his letter to the congregation, "is the same One who does not want us to be afraid."

While remaining open for worship, the church is taking some precautions to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, the pastor said. The church doors will be propped open and Lowman said he hopes congregants can make it to their pews without touching anything.

The offering plate will not be passed, and fellowship time and Sunday school have been cancelled.

Otherwise, the church plans to hold its Wednesday service as scheduled. Its Facebook page says the service also will be streamed online.

Pastor: 'The Bible tells us to lay hands on the sick'

In East Baton Rouge, Spell is making fewer concessions to the coronavirus.

The pastor accused the government of "over-reach" in mandating no large gatherings. He cast his defiance in the mold of Rosa Parks and the early American Revolutionaries.

"People are still going to work, still going to the mall. I encountered more people in Target today then I did during my service last night," he said. "It's persecution of the faith for me not to have my worship service and yet I am allowed to go out in public and shop. Why is there one standard for commerce and another for religion?"

Spell said his church held a typical service Tuesday evening. There was singing and dancing and slaying of the spirit, even the laying on of hands to heal the sick. Spell said he is not opposed to doctors, but says members of his congregation have been healed of AIDS-HIV and even cancer.

"The Bible tells us to lay hands on the sick and they shall recover and will continue to do that without the fear of the spread of any virus," Spell said.

He told CNN affiliate WAFB that his church hosted more than 1,100 people for services Sunday.

The pastor and his church are part of the Apostolic movement, which takes its doctrines from Jesus' earliest followers. Spell said he believes, as Jesus' apostles did, that we are living near the End Times, and that miracles, signs and wonders abound.

That's why it's so important that his church continues to meet, Spell said. The services, held three times weekly, aren't about the sermon, or even about the fellowship. It's about emotion, according to the pastor, the Holy Spirit that sweeps through a congregation and lifts it off its feet with a joyful noise. You can't get that from a television screen, he said.

"There are miracles and signs and wonders in every one of our services," Spell said, "and that's why we continue."

Fallout from Tuesday's service

A video of Tuesday's church service posted on Snell's Facebook page shows a diverse congregation joining hands to sing and dance. Some of the congregants appear elderly, others hold sleeping children in their arms.

But continuing their services may come at a cost for Life Tabernacle Church.

On Wednesday morning, after the church's service was broadcast on local news, several church members were suspended from work, Spell said, because their employers feared spreading the virus.

And come Sunday, as the church plans to bus in more than 600 children from a 60-mile radius for its free meals and Sunday school, they may also have another visitor: the National Guard.

But there may be sympathy for Spell and his cause among conservative Christians, even as many have closed their own churches. The pastor said Wednesday he's received dozens of messages from supporters.

Seeker
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Seeker » April 3rd, 2020, 7:48 am

Yuh know..I still wondering what a PNM person looks like, because I see it always in threads such as these :D

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”