Forums

Doctor's attitude

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Doctor's attitude

Postby MaxPower » March 11th, 2020, 8:10 am

I can just imagine the attendance record for these Trini doctors, interns, nurses, janitors, security etc if the virus get rampant.

Its a mentality thing.

Can you imagine the chaos at these general hospitals and clinics?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Doctor's attitude

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 11th, 2020, 9:01 am

These idiots are saying the hospitals etc are well capable of dealing with this corona virus, mind you on a good day with a normal issue sun shining and birds chirping you does have to wait 9 hours to see a doctor and no beds anywhere.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 11th, 2020, 9:18 am

In my experience doctors maybe have attitude but its limited to a few. Nurses in general are the real bad ones. Straight from the hog pen to the hospital.

But I must big up the nurses in Oncology. St James, they are pretty good, respectful, no attitude and Caura Palliative is the best. Those nurses have everything from empathy come down. Maybe its b/c of their field but they should be used as the template for the rest of nurses in the system.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 11th, 2020, 9:23 am

fokhan_96 wrote:The way how some people talk about doctors. Why don't these same people go study medicine and be the best doctor in the world, be the change you want to see. If you have to wait 8 hours to see a doctor is not because the doctors are all gathered in a room watching an indian movie and waiting for it to finish, is because they are attending to other patients like yourself. The best way to avoid bad treatment by a doctor is to avoid having to go to any doctor in the first place. Prevention is better than cure. You tell people to exercise, they say they ain't have time for that. You tell them soft drink and kfc is poison, they laugh. You tell them they need to loose some weight, they say you discriminating against them. You tell them eat healthy, they say the food have no taste. You tell a man smoking cigarettes will kill you, he say his grandfather smoke everyday and live to 100 years. People need to start taking responsibility for their own health and stop blaming everyone but themselves.

care to offer an excuse for those a$$holes as to why a stroke victim that was totally paralyzed & in severe pain was left on a gurney in A&E for two days?

Miktay wrote:Ahh...the T&T medical cartel raises its ugly head...

boi, if I tell u some of the things I've personally seen that were covered up by that "medical cartel" ,in both the public AND private sectors, you would be very wary of doctors in general, even the more experienced ones.
lewwe just say if ever you have a surgical procedure done on your torso anywhere between the pelvis & thorax, it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to have an x-ray of the incision site/cavity & as soon as you physically able to WITHOUT said dr being present.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » March 11th, 2020, 9:23 am

I gather different people have different experiences with the medical system under different conditions.I had some of the worse experiences of my life with SFGH. A relative suffered a massive stroke many years ago and EMS was alerted. At that time the only experience I had with emergency services was from watching it on TV, so stupid me thought that once you get picked up in an ambulance you're going to get treated immediately and once the ambulance touches down you'll have doctors and nurses running behind the gurney taking vitals and such as they cart you off to theater like you see in Grey's anatomy. Boy was I in for a rude awakening. Ambulance arrives and patient is slowly wheeled out and placed in a room with other people who have been brought in throughout the night. Nothing done for hours, doctors and nurses pass patients straight, kid doctors sit playing with phones giggling by themselves. One kid doctor sit playing with a phone while this old dude suddenly starts coughing uncontrollably and throwing up into a bag and she gives him the look of utmost disgust as if meaning to ask why is he doing that in here ,and then return to her phone. I wanted to slap her across the face and tell her it's a hospital and that sometimes people in there might just be sick :roll:
All the while relative is unable to speak but attempting to move so is restrained by nurses. I get attitude from a muscle bound kid doctor when I try to slacken the restraints so that patient can at least sit up. Mind you my relative did suffer a massive stroke and precious time is now ticking away to administer an emergency clot buster. Many hours later a CT is done and I being the next of kin was not informed of the result. The security detail from Amalgamated is another story with verbally abusing and chasing patients relatives from A&E waiting room in another hospital incident I had. I still remember the scum's face and my only consolidation is that when he gets old and sick he will end up in the same hospital with the same treatment because no ambition low lives like him will never make it to private hospitals. Anyway back to the story, the following day relative is still in a gurney approaching 24 hours and no info still. The patient's file is on a desk and I try to find out the results of the CT scan so I can consult our family doctor because obvious nothing is taking place here.
I attempted to ask a doctor on the ward if she can just look at the results and tell me what's going on and as I started to tell her that I have a relative in the ward and that I would like to know if..... she immediately blurts out that she cannot do anything to get a bed :? Not that I was asking that anyway, and after explaining the situation she says she cannot read the results as that's for the doctor assigned to do. I couldn't see how difficult that was to do but most doctors here seem to be running on mechanical mode and while they may be good at the medicine aspect are void of any human compassion
Long story short after 4 or so days I am finally met by a doctor who explained that the ct scan was lost but that the written results were still there. She tries to explain and that my relative had suffered a clot in the brain while pointing to her own head probably thinking I'm stupid because she sees me in work coveralls thinking all coveralls people have to be CEPEP or something. It's only when I proceeded to ask her if it was hemorrhagic or ischemic that her eyes got big as dinner plates and actually asked what job I do in that company.
For those four days no medicines were given and I got a prescription for 75mg of Xarelto which I found to be strange as it comes in 20mg max. Later the family doctor explained that would have killed the person if administered and it was a typo or deadly error on the hospital's part. I don't know if local doctors know about the emergency clot buster or if it is even available locally, it was never given which if it was I believed it could have saved my relative. I was also given an appointment card to bring the person in for physical therapy, bearing in mind that up to that point the person could not even talk and had no cognitive function, much less attend therapy.
Those who claimed to have had good experiences with hospitals then consider yourself lucky, you'll have to forgive me for harboring a special 'feeling' in my heart for those doctors and by extension staff. I believe that doctors behave the way do because the hospitals are part of the public service where you can get away with anything. Those same doctors and nurses will show a world of a different attitude when they eventually own or work in private clinics because it is now a business where money can be made or lost depending on customer service. Ever wonder why there is a memo throughout the hospitals saying abuse of staff will not be tolerated? Why is that not stated in banks or private businesses? Because the hospital administration knows the kinds of nasty attitude their employees put forth so they know what to expect and decided to take in front.
I will not totally bash the medical system as in 2009 my mom went in for a scheduled surgery and everything was fine. What I can gather is if you go in for scheduled appointments or life and death emergencies then you are given prompt treatment and good aftercare. Anything outside of that and you might be better off dead as you might soon be anyway

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 11th, 2020, 9:25 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:These idiots are saying the hospitals etc are well capable of dealing with this corona virus, mind you on a good day with a normal issue sun shining and birds chirping you does have to wait 9 hours to see a doctor and no beds anywhere.
The few times I had to visit the hospitals for family members I never experienced long waiting times. The treatment was good from the doctors. The admin nurses displayed typical public servant attitude which was basically a hog. I would take my chances at the public hospitals cause I know it anything goes wrong at the private hospitals they send you right back to the public hospitals.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 11th, 2020, 9:43 am

zoom rader wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:These idiots are saying the hospitals etc are well capable of dealing with this corona virus, mind you on a good day with a normal issue sun shining and birds chirping you does have to wait 9 hours to see a doctor and no beds anywhere.
The few times I had to visit the hospitals for family members I never experienced long waiting times. The treatment was good from the doctors. The admin nurses displayed typical public servant attitude which was basically a hog. I would take my chances at the public hospitals cause I know it anything goes wrong at the private hospitals they send you right back to the public hospitals.

true, if $$$ running out, or if you going & dead, straight out & into the closest public facility you go with the bill in tow. Unless your $$$ & name real big thats what happens. & when yuh $$$ real tall, you could be dying or even dead, yuh staying right there.

but while you're there, big $$$ or average $$$ or depending on insurance to help you out, you get treated how you should be treated, not just by drs & nurses, but everyone you may encounter. You're treated like a human being that may be in pain or fearful, and neither the patient's well being nor their immediate relatives concerns and questions are ignored.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 11th, 2020, 10:34 am

Just advoid the hospitals

Cut the Sugar , limit carbs and excisise daily

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 11th, 2020, 10:48 am

88sins wrote:if $$$ running out, or if you going & dead, straight out & into the closest public facility you go with the bill in tow. Unless your $$$ & name real big thats what happens. & when yuh $$$ real tall, you could be dying or even dead, yuh staying right there.

but while you're there, big $$$ or average $$$ or depending on insurance to help you out, you get treated how you should be treated, not just by drs & nurses, but everyone you may encounter. You're treated like a human being that may be in pain or fearful, and neither the patient's well being nor their immediate relatives concerns and questions are ignored.

Hello Reek,

I agree with this.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 11th, 2020, 11:09 am

MaxPower wrote:
88sins wrote:if $$$ running out, or if you going & dead, straight out & into the closest public facility you go with the bill in tow. Unless your $$$ & name real big thats what happens. & when yuh $$$ real tall, you could be dying or even dead, yuh staying right there.

Hello Reek,

I agree with this.

MaxPantyman
Nobody cares what you agree with

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 11th, 2020, 12:10 pm

88sins wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hello Reek,

I agree with this.

MaxPantyman
Nobody cares what you agree with

Reek,

All this time u invest on tuner for our discussions shows that you care.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 11th, 2020, 12:15 pm

I went through some dred sufferation with dengue at mt hope several years go. Started when the initial doctor insisted on giving me a ibuprofen shot for the pain and me refusing because my brother and father had dengue within 2 weeks before in the same household.

After that was hoggish ness from almost everyone. They ask me if I feel I is a doctor to refuse what a doctor giving me

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 11th, 2020, 12:17 pm

zoom rader wrote:

I never had an issue but I witnessed people with serious having to wait until they died, when I was at Mt Hope last month, I got through in 3 hours and left in 5 hours tops, pretty good service. But had a guy who had an angle grinder kick back on him in work and broke half his face, he had to wait hours to see a doctor and nearly 8 hours with bandage wrapped around his whole face to be told his situation is critical cause the damage broke something more serious in his forehead and nasal passage. Even worse none of the machines were working to do any scan etc

The thing about these hospitals is it DEPENDS on the issue you have. Luckily every time I went it was a uncommon problem not associated with accidental injury or lifestyle disease.

But I agree, our health care service is pretty good when you compare it to other countries even first world countries. I had an issue once where I needed surgery took me 1 year waiting list I read a guy on a forum from scotland waited 5 years over there.

But the government saying they prepared for Corona is full of sh!t

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 11th, 2020, 12:33 pm

MaxPower wrote:
All this time u invest on tuner for our discussions shows that you care.

I care about Trini's, good thing for me that you don't qualify as one.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » March 11th, 2020, 3:17 pm

There are some health centers where the Nigerian doctors are very mannerly.

just fyi, One way of looking at the national health service is that if there wasn't a need for it (ie demand) then the govt could close it down. But there is a dire need for it, which is why its over subscribed, and which is also why we have this burgeoning private health care / insurance market happening.

long story short, it could be better, but say thank God for free public health, because look at the horror story that is the US... TT$20,000 ambulance rides. You don't ever want to end up there.

john5231
Street 2NR

Postby john5231 » March 11th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:I went through some dred sufferation with dengue at mt hope several years go. Started when the initial doctor insisted on giving me a ibuprofen shot for the pain and me refusing because my brother and father had dengue within 2 weeks before in the same household.

After that was hoggish ness from almost everyone. They ask me if I feel I is a doctor to refuse what a doctor giving me

Sometimes the patient does know more than the doctor.....the patient is the one that knows his/her symptoms and the doctor might give a diagnosis that makes no sense at all....one such case is if u have a brain fluid leak.....they will give u all kinda meds and not try to find out what u actually have when u keep going back

john5231
Street 2NR

Doctor's attitude

Postby john5231 » March 11th, 2020, 5:34 pm

fokhan_96 wrote:The way how some people talk about doctors. Why don't these same people go study medicine and be the best doctor in the world, be the change you want to see. If you have to wait 8 hours to see a doctor is not because the doctors are all gathered in a room watching an indian movie and waiting for it to finish, is because they are attending to other patients like yourself. The best way to avoid bad treatment by a doctor is to avoid having to go to any doctor in the first place. Prevention is better than cure. You tell people to exercise, they say they ain't have time for that. You tell them soft drink and kfc is poison, they laugh. You tell them they need to loose some weight, they say you discriminating against them. You tell them eat healthy, they say the food have no taste. You tell a man smoking cigarettes will kill you, he say his grandfather smoke everyday and live to 100 years. People need to start taking responsibility for their own health and stop blaming everyone but themselves.

This same high, mighty and know it all attitude is y doctors so......u just assuming what I have is something that could have been avoided by healthy lifestyle changes......I am into fitness btw......doctors ant the only ones that keep a hospital running....the cleaner, technicians and engineers that designed the hospital or systems in the hospital so they won't get sick in the first place.......but is really the doctors that on sheit from my experience....some people talk about the nurses here but I didn't really interact with them much in my time there........how does health problems related to unhealthy lifestyle justify the idiotic behavior of doctors.......this is the field they wanted to get into.........but they did it cause they wanted to feel high and mighty not to help people (not all doctors)......they seeing about other people u say......my attending doctors went home after 4 hours from what I was told.....i had to run down doctors just to know what was going on with my results cause no one was coming and informing me of anything.......we the patients were helping other patients cause the doctors won't come when they bawling for help and when we telling them what going on......the nurses take a long time to come (this was in the early hours of morning).......but u like a big donkey tryna justify that

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 11th, 2020, 5:57 pm

i eh feelin to type a long cool story bro essay , but telling allyuh of my experience : i nearly dead dey in mt hopeless nearly 4yrs ago waiting for urgent medical attention

i hear a few ppl say they got decent treatment in sando maybe they lucky

my advice : always keep some cash at home for emergencies when u go to a private hospital cause they eh want to hear bout bank close late in d night & u go pay tomorrow - they want cash upfront or if ur card can access thousands without a daily limit they will take it , candle cud literally cause more than ur own funeral ....

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » March 11th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Bro, as i said, stop complaining and do something to improve YOUR situation. You missed the point of my post. Many disease are lifestyles diseases. So when a person like yourself need medical attention the other people that are attended to are overburdening the system thus denying YOU better health care. Is for EVERYONE to do their part. The more people do to take care of themselves the less burden on health care thus benefiting everyone.
john5231 wrote:

This same high, mighty and know it all attitude is y doctors so......u just assuming what I have is something that could have been avoided by healthy lifestyle changes......I am into fitness btw......doctors ant the only ones that keep a hospital running....the cleaner, technicians and engineers that designed the hospital or systems in the hospital so they won't get sick in the first place.......but is really the doctors that on sheit from my experience....some people talk about the nurses here but I didn't really interact with them much in my time there........how does health problems related to unhealthy lifestyle justify the idiotic behavior of doctors.......this is the field they wanted to get into.........but they did it cause they wanted to feel high and mighty not to help people (not all doctors)......they seeing about other people u say......my attending doctors went home after 4 hours from what I was told.....i had to run down doctors just to know what was going on with my results cause no one was coming and informing me of anything.......we the patients were helping other patients cause the doctors won't come when they bawling for help and when we telling them what going on......the nurses take a long time to come (this was in the early hours of morning).......but u like a big donkey tryna justify that

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 11th, 2020, 6:09 pm

My father got sick a few years ago...went health center...a senior doctor there tell him he have gastroenteritis and prescribe some tablets and send him home. Pain didnt subside. He decide to go do xrays and and xray technician saw a big dark mass. Apparently his liver or kidneys were swelling and he needed urgent help.

I've realized over the years never ever ever to trust one doctor. Go to 2 or 3 and get different opinions. My father die in july last year from a heart attack, and up to the week before he attended his usual clinic in sando and they said all his tests were good and nothing to worry about. He had a stent done years before, at the autopsy they ask us if we sure he had a stent because they weren't seeing any.

Then another doctor mention that the stent does degrade or fall out after a while.

I have some stories about well known private doctors insisting on 40k and 50k surgeries that made no sense when other public system doctors look at the case and say the private doctor just looking to make money

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 11th, 2020, 6:46 pm

Continue to work hard guys.

Hadda be somebody to live, sad to say.

Mark!
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Mark! » March 11th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Geez alot of you losers feel you or your family
important to hospital staff?

Just another name on a list.

john5231
Street 2NR

Postby john5231 » March 11th, 2020, 11:01 pm

Mark! wrote:Geez alot of you losers feel you or your family

They choose to do med......they took an oath......they getting paid by tax payers.........we expect to at least be treated like a human

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 12th, 2020, 8:40 am

john5231 wrote:
Mark! wrote:Geez alot of you losers feel you or your family

They choose to do med......they took an oath......they getting paid by tax payers.........we expect to at least be treated like a human

apparently some of us would prefer to be handled as livestock, having grown accustomed to such treatment.

The problem is that far too often ppl here get into the medical profession looking at the $$$ potential, & not giving a care or consideration as to exactly what the responsibilities of the job are & what it entails.
Now, I am not saying that hospital personnel responsible for patient care should become emotionally or psychologically over involved with their patients. But they don't have too be emotionally or psychologically involved with a patient or their relatives to understand that a little consideration & caring goes a very long way in those professions.

no matter what your job is in life, a having lil compassion and consideration for others (especially those that are suffering) ain't gonna instantly or eventually put you in the poor-house, the hospital, or the cemetery

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » March 12th, 2020, 9:47 am

Yeah guys lets shift focus to doctors' attitudes while the current state of the MoH is being covered up.

john5231
Street 2NR

Doctor's attitude

Postby john5231 » March 12th, 2020, 10:29 am

zorced wrote:Yeah guys lets shift focus to doctors' attitudes while the current state of the MoH is being covered up.

If u just wana talk MoH then start ur own discussion and doh be on people here.........next up u gona start talking about politics smh

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » March 13th, 2020, 7:12 am

^^^

When you study 10 years and they paying you small $$$

And the nurses are Boss .. and they doe listen .. and they in a union

You will have attitude ..

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » March 13th, 2020, 7:42 am

you do know that the salary can be known before they decide on becoming a doctor right?

what we think of as doctors at these place are actually OJT's, most times the senior experienced doctor at home or private office, and will only make an appearance in an emergency...these OJT's have the attitude as they come out med school....oh im a doctor, but yet googling to verify what you just told them about your illness...some nurses believe they are the doctors, cant blame them at times, cause they try to fill in for the crackhead OJT's and the MIA senior doctors..

this is fact as i experienced it first hand....my dad died at SFGH from total negligence and several misdiagnoses.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 13th, 2020, 7:44 am

How much these OJTs making so?

Small money?

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » March 13th, 2020, 7:47 am

Have to agree with you there. Them hungry arse senior nurse them does just siddong on dey fat crak... Most of them anyway. Younger ones and the imported ones do majority of work.
RedVEVO wrote:^^^

When you study 10 years and they paying you small $$$

And the nurses are Boss .. and they doe listen .. and they in a union

You will have attitude ..

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”