TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

How many tuners drink enough water daily?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

meccalli
punchin NOS

Re: How many tuners drink enough water daily?

Postby meccalli » February 11th, 2020, 8:41 am

Just drink when you're thirsty....on an office day. 2 gulps of water during working hours is usually fine for me, due to factors like temperature and obvious vasoconstriction/dilation as a result. It's not rocket science, your body will tell you what it needs.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 11th, 2020, 9:19 am

Plenty people don't rehydrate properly upon waking in the mornings and their entire day does be bad with headaches and bad feeling. 1 liter gradually in the mornings after you pee is enough to replenish the lost water during the night's sleep.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 11th, 2020, 10:47 am

i actually drink a glass b4 bedtime & i dont get up from sleep to p

in d morning when i wake up i drink a glass b4 i even brush my teeth

2 routines i been doing for yrs ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 11th, 2020, 10:54 am

besides ourselves make sure u leave ur pets sufficient water to last them throughout d day when nobody home to see about them .... jes like us they feeling d heat & thirst too

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 11th, 2020, 10:58 am

maj. tom wrote:Plenty people don't rehydrate properly upon waking in the mornings and their entire day does be bad with headaches and bad feeling. 1 liter gradually in the mornings after you pee is enough to replenish the lost water during the night's sleep.

Don't believe the hype bruh . that "lost water during the night's sleep" crap
while you sleeping, unless your bedroom is an oven and you constantly sweating all night long to the extent you need to change sheets during the night, the body is at rest & all processes slow down. including kidney function to an extent. so, you feel the need to have to urinate less frequently during sleeping than waking hours., minimizing fluid loss as a result.
So, outside of getting up to pee once or twice in the night (& you eh pissing out a whole liter of water in all those eliminations combined no night unless you have a medical condition), so then exactly what "water loss" you talking about?

As an aside, it have some ppl that literally cannot drink water first thing in the morning because they will feel nauseated and faint, some will even vomit. these ppl tolerate other liquids fine in the morning, like coffee, tea, juices etc., but not water. Some must eat first to avoid this, & with others even if they eat first it still happens. Nobody knows why for certain this is the case wit some ppl, no doctor or scientists to date as far as I know has figured out why this happens yet, though there are some theories but none proven.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 11th, 2020, 9:50 pm

After waking up
30 minutes before breakfast
1 hour after breakfast
30 minutes before lunch
1 hour after lunch
Mid-afternoon
30 minutes before dinner
Just before going to bed.
Try it for 30 days and see. NOTE, it does not specify an amount to drink, nor does it restrict you to these times.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 11th, 2020, 10:27 pm

maj. tom wrote:Plenty people don't rehydrate properly upon waking in the mornings and their entire day does be bad with headaches and bad feeling. 1 liter gradually in the mornings after you pee is enough to replenish the lost water during the night's sleep.

If I drink 1 liter before I leave the house and then end up in NB traffic.... :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!: :shocked!:

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » February 11th, 2020, 10:41 pm

88sins

is not so much that u losing water when u sleep

is that you not drinking water when you sleep to pee out excess salts. So the salts accumulate in your urine over the 8 hours.

Drinking water first thing in the morning helps to flush out those salts (which could lead to problems),,, water loss is minimal really.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 12th, 2020, 12:18 am

Exactly, but...
Since water loss is minimal, the salts that are supposedly accumulating in the urine contained in the bladder are still effectively diluted and cannot reach the levels necessary for them to crystallize and cause gallstones.
Besides, most normal humans would feel the urge to pee during sleep and just get out of their bed and go evacuate their bladder. Not to mention that even if you drink that water as soon as you get out of bed, it doesn't go from mouth directly to kidneys and bladder. Takes at the very least 45 minutes to an hour and on average about an hour and a half, so unless you plan on minding that urine in your bladder for that long after you wake up drinking that much water really doesn't do anything for you as far as diluting urine salts in any event.
Either way, there's no need to drink a set of water when you wake up.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » February 12th, 2020, 8:22 am

Green tea with no sugar and milk....besss

RBphoto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RBphoto » February 12th, 2020, 8:35 am

meccalli wrote:Just drink when you're thirsty....on an office day. 2 gulps of water during working hours is usually fine for me, due to factors like temperature and obvious vasoconstriction/dilation as a result. It's not rocket science, your body will tell you what it needs.

I don't get these people forcing themselves to drink a whole Liter of water a day. I work in AC, at a desk and I drink about a half liter a day at work, and half of that is in coffee. Thirst is the best indicator you need to drink water. also... probably loosening up your bladder, who have time to pee so much water out?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 12th, 2020, 9:14 am

so you don't drink water if you don't "feel" thirsty?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 12th, 2020, 9:35 am

maj. tom wrote:so you don't drink water if you don't "feel" thirsty?

many ppl don't, & they eh dead & their kidneys haven't failed thus far.

A hydration study was done some years ago with three test groups over a 24hr period.
Group A was on a strict fluid intake regimen, sumn like 8 oz every hour iirc, allowed water only
Group B could drink whatever they wanted whenever they wanted and were allowed water, fruit juices & sodas
Group C were not allowed fluids.
All groups were fed the same meals, in the same amounts, at the same time.
I was actually surprised at the results, which showed that group C was no less hydrated than group B, while group A had the beginnings of over-hydration

I go hadda look for it

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 12th, 2020, 10:03 am

Use to work in AC so never felt thirsty

Bought into the idea of one should not eat and drink

Go a kidney stone

Worst pain ever

Even though it passed I have never felt as good as I used to

Pressure was always 110/70

It went up to 140/90 after and i was never able to get it back down to where it was before

Drinking Lots of water prevents kidney stones

I wish I had know that earlier

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » February 12th, 2020, 11:01 am

I think I do a little under 2 litres/day during the work week.

Used to work in a really wonderful location and building some years back. VBasically had the men's room all to myself so the frequent pee trips was no problem. My skin was its clearest at that point.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 12th, 2020, 12:09 pm

I know a woman who lost a kidney because if kidney stone

I think we should look at drinking water as a way of reducing the chance of kidney stone as opposed to just hydration
Les Bain wrote:I think I do a little under 2 litres/day during the work week.

Used to work in a really wonderful location and building some years back. VBasically had the men's room all to myself so the frequent pee trips was no problem. My skin was its clearest at that point.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » February 12th, 2020, 12:13 pm

PariaMan wrote:I know a woman who lost a kidney because if kidney stone

I think we should look at drinking water as a way of reducing the chance of kidney stone as opposed to just hydration

you do know that the formation of kidney stones is attributable to diet as well as genetics & that it's never been proven that water or the lack there of has anything to do with it right?
EDIT

want to avoid kidney stones & renal failure
Avoid diabetes & lower that bp & all will be well

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 12th, 2020, 12:47 pm

Preventing kidney stones means preventing the conditions that support their formation. I asked Dr. Melanie Hoenig, an assistant professor of medicine at Harvard-affiliated Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, for the top ways to prevent kidney stones. Here are her recommendations:

Drink plenty of water: Drinking extra water dilutes the substances in urine that lead to stones. Strive to drink enough fluids to pass 2 liters of urine a day, which is roughly eight standard 8-ounce cups. It may help to include some citrus beverages, like lemonade and orange juice. The citrate in these beverages helps block stone formation.

Get the calcium you need: Getting too little calcium in your diet can cause oxalate levels to rise and cause kidney stones. To prevent this, make sure to take in an amount of calcium appropriate to your age. Ideally, obtain calcium from foods, since some studies have linked taking calcium supplements to kidney stones. Men 50 and older should get 1,000 milligrams (mg) of calcium per day, along with 800 to 1,000 international units (IU) of vitamin D to help the body absorb the calcium.

Reduce sodium: A high-sodium diet can trigger kidney stones because it increases the amount of calcium in your urine. So a low-sodium diet is recommended for the stone prone. Current guidelines suggest limiting total daily sodium intake to 2,300 mg. If sodium has contributed to kidney stones in the past, try to reduce your daily intake to 1,500 mg. This will also be good for your blood pressure and heart.

Limit animal protein: Eating too much animal protein, such as red meat, poultry, eggs, and seafood, boosts the level of uric acid and could lead to kidney stones. A high-protein diet also reduces levels of citrate, the chemical in urine that helps prevent stones from forming. If you’re prone to stones, limit your daily meat intake to a quantity that is no bigger than a pack of playing cards. This is also a heart-healthy portion.

Avoid stone-forming foods: Beets, chocolate, spinach, rhubarb, tea, and most nuts are rich in oxalate, and colas are rich in phosphate, both of which can contribute to kidney stones. If you suffer from stones, your doctor may advise you to avoid these foods or to consume them in smaller amounts.

For everyone else, particular foods and drinks are unlikely to trigger kidney stones unless consumed in extremely high amounts. Some studies have shown that men who take high doses of vitamin C in the form of supplements are at slightly higher risk of kidney stones. That may be because the body converts vitamin C into oxalate.

88sins wrote:
PariaMan wrote:I know a woman who lost a kidney because if kidney stone

you do know that the formation of kidney stones is attributable to diet as well as genetics & that it's never been proven that water or the lack there of has anything to do with it right?
EDIT

want to avoid kidney stones & renal failure
Avoid diabetes & lower that bp & all will be well

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 12th, 2020, 12:48 pm

First on the list is drinking plenty water

Not sure where you getting your information from

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 12th, 2020, 1:02 pm

From the university of Chicago

https://kidneystones.uchicago.edu/how-t ... ugh-water/

Once you make up your mind that you do not want to suffer with the severe consequences that kidney stones bring to your life, you will find a way to incorporate more water into your daily routine. It is your choice, your commitment to your health that creates a one day at a time habit of drinking more water.

How Much?

Under the usual conditions of life, 3 – 4 liters of fluids a day will provide 2.5 to 3 liters of urine volume, and this is enough. The average healthy adult bladder holds about 1/2 liter, so this means 7 – 9 bathroom trips in 24 hours.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 12th, 2020, 1:07 pm

meh eh know why you even arguing with these people for nah.
I dunno where they getting all this wrong info from.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » February 12th, 2020, 1:08 pm

Yes, you have to intake sufficient water to prevent dehydration, but you don't need to be chugging water all day which is the idea most people have. If you really need a guide, make sure your urine stays within the range of a nice pale yellow or if you're really meticulous- Monitor your urine output and go for at least 2 litres per day.

PariaMan
punchin NOS

Postby PariaMan » February 12th, 2020, 1:17 pm

Yep that seems to be about right from all the info I read since my kidney stones episode

I now have a bottle of water on my desk

Praise the lord it's been about 5 years and no recurrence

I would not wish kidney stones on my worst enemy
meccalli wrote:Yes, you have to intake sufficient water to prevent dehydration, but you don't need to be chugging water all day which is the idea most people have. If you really need a guide, make sure your urine stays within the range of a nice pale yellow or if you're really meticulous- Monitor your urine output and go for at least 2 litres per day.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » February 12th, 2020, 2:10 pm

Right now I home for the day due to dehydration. Got bad headaches etc. (even though I not in the sun / doing strenuous work) and all simply due to not drinking enough water. Drinking that quote of water (or close to it anyway) is more important than we think.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 12th, 2020, 3:27 pm

Depends but if I am in the sun and doing work outside I will drink an average 6 liters of water a day sometimes 8, don't play with this, you need enough water you don't want constipation and dehydration to kick in, it can literally kill you

My UNC neighbor died from constipation, wasn't pretty. You want to eat healthy and drink enough water so that your p!ss is light yellow almost clear but NOT clear. Clear means over hydrated and you don't want that, it can result in a loss of sodium

The general rule of thumb tho is drink water whenever you are thirsty.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » February 12th, 2020, 4:58 pm

^^

8 bottles a day ..

With a lime wedge y some salt

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”