TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Credit Card options for shopping on websites you don't trust?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Credit Card options for shopping on websites you don't trust?

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 2nd, 2020, 10:51 pm

So there are some sites I would like to get stuff on some in different languages, but don't trust putting in my $1000 USD credit card number on those sites, normally I just use paypal but unfortunately not all websites support paypal and some actually require your number which I am not comfortable with.

Does republic bank have like any options for this? what about something like a pre loaded visa card? or better yet a card where you can load in an exact amount transferred from your online banking then use it and not worry if someone might have the number because the card wouldn't have money since you would only deposit money when you want to use it?

Does the pre paid visa cards require things like job letter, salary requirement? etc?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Credit Card options for shopping on websites you don't trust?

Postby MaxPower » February 3rd, 2020, 2:26 am

Hello ED, the republic pre-loaded card is the VTM card which they are discontinuing.

If u really want the items, then email them and set up a wire transfer.

If they cant do that AND u say they have no PayPal well do away with that site. Yuh see all these sites that dont have PayPal and wire transfer etc, it may also be an issue if you need a refund.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 3rd, 2020, 6:46 am

MaxPower wrote:Hello ED, the republic pre-loaded card is the VTM card which they are discontinuing.

If they cant do that AND u say they have no PayPal well do away with that site. Yuh see all these sites that dont have PayPal and wire transfer etc, it may also be an issue if you need a refund.

Thanks man

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 3rd, 2020, 8:10 am

no paypal no care. i not deep into all that, to know reall tricks and options.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 3rd, 2020, 9:12 am

If you don't trust the site's security - just don't shop there.

I'd use my CC tbh, because you have some form of protection if compromised.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 3rd, 2020, 9:53 am

MaxPower wrote:Hello ED, the republic pre-loaded card is the VTM card which they are discontinuing.

It may be difficult to get a refund or any recourse with a wire transfer.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » February 4th, 2020, 12:38 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:So there are some sites I would like to get stuff on some in different languages, but don't trust putting in my $1000 USD credit card number on those sites, normally I just use paypal but unfortunately not all websites support paypal and some actually require your number which I am not comfortable with.

Does republic bank have like any options for this? what about something like a pre loaded visa card? or better yet a card where you can load in an exact amount transferred from your online banking then use it and not worry if someone might have the number because the card wouldn't have money since you would only deposit money when you want to use it?

Does the pre paid visa cards require things like job letter, salary requirement? etc?

Go in an talk to republic bank . i also have a credit card with them and they gave me a free international card to use to pay in suspected countries but with a lower limit as my main card. i also use this card for my paypal account as in the beginning i did not trust paypal when it just launched.

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » February 4th, 2020, 7:00 am

If a site rel sketchy then i look to see if they accept paypal. if not i not using them at alllll.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”