Forums

Express article: The education of children of African origin

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Re: The education of children of African origin

Postby Dohplaydat » January 25th, 2020, 11:00 am

They want more blacks in Naps, Hillview, Pres, Saghs, Lakshmi and Convent. That is all.

But if they don't make the mark how prey tell do they get it?

Why haven't our sociologist (maybe they have) looked at the reasons the above schools are 80%+ Indo? Aside from the town prestige schools (which aside from convent) don't do as well as the others above. You'd swear these schools are racially segregated.

But it's all based on grades and it's alarmingly different.

They made a similar issue about Mt Hope Med under Manning too.

I guess once in awhile black 'scholors' will try to make headlines figuring out why.

But the truth is obvious, black culture in TT does not prioritize education, black ghettos alone are not the issue. I know men from the heart of laventille who have top degrees. What was different about them is that their mother/father/grandmother pushed them to get educated.

In trini indo culture, if you don't have a degree you're a second class citizen (unless you're a pretty fair girl or a rich business owner). Toxic attitudes to be honest, but it's not all bad.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 25th, 2020, 11:27 am

despite who u are [race, religion, culture] or what environment u growing in aka bad neighborhood , its been proven many times some excellence can come from d ghetto\poor areas where they dont even have water or electricity

ur parents have to do their job to provide all d tools & attention a child needs to be brought up properly & to see that u go on d right path & stay on it

u as a individual have to decide from very young, by age 10, that u either want to be somebody or something productive when u grow up into an adult or u just want to become a nobody who always ketching ur ass bouncing around oh why i hadda be fighting up to even eat while u watching what others have by them working for it & feeling d world owes u something

try to find ur calling early, only u can get up & make something of urself by working for it ...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 25th, 2020, 11:35 am

Anyone mentioned the presence and role of fathers in the black community yet? Why are they most absent and the grandmother is the one taking care of the children, while the young black woman is out on the street making more with more bad, weak men who will not stick around. A strong, stable community and society is built on the strength of its men, the fathers and then grandfathers to pass on wisdom and help the young ones more.

Because that's the cause and the answer btw, from many studies in USA. And it's the real question and issue that needs to be discussed and face this reality. This is the root of the problems faced, and it's a cultural norm. This is why these young men turn to gangs and kill each other, kill other innocent people because they have no fathers to give them values and discipline.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » January 25th, 2020, 11:40 am

Yah ^^^
It's about the home... chk my boy floyd here.. brite brite brite fellow..

https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... 71114298bd

From Beetham poverty to manager, Floyd Solomon overcomes

It was the new age au­thor Ralph Blum who said noth­ing is pre­des­tined: The ob­sta­cles of your past can be­come the gate­ways that lead to new be­gin­nings. In Floyd Solomon's case, this was true to form. At first glance, the bright-eyed, 36-year-old looks quite pol­ished and when he speaks he does so with au­thor­i­ty. His words are well-pro­nounced, clean and clear-cut, com­ing through a boom­ing dis­tinct voice he has used in voic­ing ads. He is now a man­ag­er at a telecom­mu­ni­ca­tions com­pa­ny.But life was not al­ways peach­es and cream for Solomon. There were many hun­gry days, many sac­ri­fices and count­less lessons learned that sculpt­ed this for­mer Beetham Gar­dens res­i­dent in­to the gra­cious, com­pas­sion­ate man he is to­day.

When Solomon's fa­ther, Clyde Solomon Sr, died at 37 in a car ac­ci­dent while on his way to work, it im­me­di­ate­ly took a toll on the fam­i­ly as dad­dy, a steve­dore, was the sole bread­win­ner.Solomon's moth­er Jacque­line, a home­mak­er who had on­ly at­tained pri­ma­ry school lev­el ed­u­ca­tion, was left to put food on the ta­ble for Solomon and his old­er broth­ers Ri­car­do and Clyde Jr. She sur­vived most­ly on so­cial wel­fare, which bare­ly helped the fam­i­ly get by.Solomon said he on­ly re­al­ly be­came aware of their sit­u­a­tion when he was around eight."As a child grow­ing up be­fore the age of eight I did not re­alise that we were poor be­cause I had no oth­er lifestyle to com­pare ours to," Solomon said.He re­mem­bers hav­ing noth­ing but sug­ar wa­ter to drink many times. His eyes search­ing the cor­ners of his mind, he said, "It was like a sta­ple in our house."

They did not have three meals a day. There were no such "treats" like thriv­ing house­holds would nor­mal­ly have, such as peanut but­ter, jam, sausages or eggs."If we got any of that it was like a huge deal. It was Christ­mas come ear­ly," he joked.But through all their strug­gles, Solomon said his moth­er re­mained a pil­lar of strength with an un­wa­ver­ing faith."I re­mem­ber this one Christ­mas when there was so lit­tle on the ta­ble and I wished there was so much more, giv­en what I saw on the ta­bles of my friends' homes in the neigh­bour­hood. That is when my moth­er said to me it did not mat­ter what was on the ta­ble, rather who is at the ta­ble. In her ex­act words, 'We might not have what they have but we have a lot more in that we are at our ta­ble to­geth­er pray­ing; we are healthy and we love each oth­er...we have love'."

At that time his moth­er's re­solve did not make much sense to Solomon, but when he be­came a man he re­alised the seed his moth­er had plant­ed."She was teach­ing me that re­al wealth was not in hav­ing a lot of mon­ey, or a nice house, or even stocked cup­boards, rather it was about fam­i­ly, hu­mil­i­ty and grat­i­tude."The fa­ther of two said he was able to re­live that ex­pe­ri­ence through his eight-year-old son, Jaden, at a 2013 Christ­mas din­ner. Jaden had pre­vi­ous­ly been told the sto­ry and asked his fa­ther if he could get sug­ar wa­ter for din­ner in­stead of all the Christ­mas food fuss."He came to me and asked, 'Dad­dy, can we have sug­ar wa­ter tonight and pray to­geth­er, the way you and grand­ma used to?'" The mo­ment was a touch­ing one for Solomon and he knew there and then the seed his moth­er plant­ed years ago had in­deed man­i­fest­ed in the fullest of fruit.

Man­ag­ing an ed­u­ca­tion

Worn-out school clothes, emp­ty lunch kits and no school­books were Solomon's ex­pe­ri­ence at pri­ma­ry and sec­ondary school. He re­mem­bers be­ing on the school feed­ing pro­gramme and tak­ing a bread and but­ter sand­wich to school. But no mat­ter the sit­u­a­tion, his moth­er al­ways en­sured he at­tend­ed school."From ear­ly my moth­er would al­ways in­still in us the val­ue of ed­u­ca­tion. 'Do your home­work and study be­fore you play,' she used to say. I sup­pose she saw ed­u­ca­tion be­ing the way to rise above the cir­cum­stances we were in."De­spite his sit­u­a­tion, Solomon ex­celled in his stud­ies and even leapfrogged from stan­dard three to five at Nel­son Street Boys' RC, Port-of-Spain.

He cred­it­ed his teach­ers� like Mr Mo­hammed, Sek­ou Ajene and Mr Beau­mont, who, once they had knowl­edge of his sit­u­a­tion at home, be­came in­volved and would bring him lunch to en­sure he had a sol­id meal to eat. Ajene was al­so in­stru­men­tal in help­ing Solomon de­vel­op his spir­i­tu­al­i­ty.With their sup­port, his moth­er's and that of some com­mu­ni­ty mem­bers, Solomon wrote the then Com­mon En­trance ex­am and passed for his first choice Queen's Roy­al Col­lege.The achieve­ment was his­toric for his com­mu­ni­ty, as for 15 years no boy from Beetham Gar­dens had passed for a col­lege. He shared the mo­ment with an­oth­er res­i­dent Dami­an Weekes, who al­so passed for QRC."When the com­mu­ni­ty heard I passed for QRC, it was an in­stant cel­e­bra­tion be­cause many res­i­dents who knew of my aca­d­e­m­ic po­ten­tial thought I would have been zoned and sent to neigh­bour­ing schools like Suc­cess Laven­tille or Bel­mont Boys' Sec­ondary. Every­one was gen­uine­ly hap­py for me and many of them gave my moth­er and even me mon­ey and pledged to con­tribute to my books and sta­tion­ary for the new school term," Solomon re­lat­ed.

His teach­ers sub­se­quent­ly got to­geth­er and pur­chased all his books and uni­forms for his new school. Form one was one of on­ly two oc­ca­sions Solomon had all his books and uni­forms–the oth­er time be­ing form six.

His bat­tle with pover­ty con­tin­ued when his moth­er had an­oth­er child and his el­der broth­ers be­came in­el­i­gi­ble for so­cial wel­fare. Not want­i­ng to be­come a sta­tis­tic, Solomon de­ter­mined in his heart he would make it.He be­gan col­lect­ing beer bot­tles in the com­mu­ni­ty, which he sold at 25 cents a case to ven­dors. Af­ter school he worked at Kay Don­na Dri­ve In cin­e­ma in Curepe as a park­ing at­ten­dant. He al­so worked as a bar­tender when­ev­er spe­cial events were held there. He got home af­ter 10 pm most nights but still mus­tered the strength to do home­work and at least one hour study­ing.But try­ing to bal­ance his life as a school­boy by day and em­ploy­ee by night in­evitably took a toll on the then 16-year-old. Too tired to get up, he be­gan miss­ing school reg­u­lar­ly.

Solomon's teach­ers re­alised some­thing was go­ing on and the dean of dis­ci­pline, Lennard Hink­son, al­so his Span­ish teacher, in­ter­vened. "He picked up on my high ab­sen­teeism and called me to his of­fice to find out what was the prob­lem. I had nev­er told any­one about my fi­nan­cial sit­u­a­tion at home be­cause I did not want any­one to pity me. But that day I de­cid­ed to open up to Mr Hink­son about it. I dis­tinct­ly re­mem­ber his words,"Floyd, why didn't you say some­thing, we would have stepped in and helped you?"My ini­tial re­sponse was to ask him how. That is when I was in­formed of the school's fund which was set up for stu­dents who were fini­cal­ly chal­lenged. He al­so knew I was good at ac­count­ing so he asked me to do a bud­get that would cov­er all my ex­pens­es."

To his sur­prise, af­ter the talk he be­gan re­ceiv­ing free lunch­es from the school's cafe­te­ria and Hink­son pre­sent­ed two cheques to Solomon with the amount based on the bud­get he had done. The cheques cov­ered all Solomon's ex­pens­es and took him through both low­er and up­per form six.Elat­ed, he took the cheques home to his moth­er but she placed them back in his hands and told him to man­age it him­self. "I trust you. You did not come this far to mess up," she told Solomon.He sub­se­quent­ly at­tained sev­en pass­es at CXC and at GCE lev­el se­cured high grades in man­age­ment of busi­ness, ac­count­ing, Span­ish and gen­er­al pa­per.

En­ter­ing the­world of work

While still at­tend­ing QRC, Solomon got the op­por­tu­ni­ty to in­tern at the Unit Trust Cor­po­ra­tion (UTC) on the in­vi­ta­tion of its for­mer man­ag­er of ac­count­ing and fi­nance and ex­ec­u­tive di­rec­tor, Michael Alexan­der. Alexan­der had met Solomon at a bas­ket­ball game."We played a game against Fa­ti­ma Col­lege and won. Af­ter the game Michael ap­proached me and spoke of him be­ing im­pressed with my lead­er­ship as the cap­tain. He then in­vit­ed the team to Har­vard's Sports Club to play an ex­hi­bi­tion game against their bas­ket­ball team."It was af­ter this game that he asked me if I would be in­ter­est­ed in join­ing the com­pa­ny's in­tern­ship pro­gramme. My im­me­di­ate re­sponse was yes."

Solomon be­gan work­ing part-time while com­plet­ing A lev­el stud­ies. It be­came a full-time job once he grad­u­at­ed. He was the lone provider in his home while al­so pay­ing his way through uni­ver­si­ty. He says that too was a huge ac­com­plish­ment for him, as some in his com­mu­ni­ty doubt­ed he would have got the job be­cause of the stig­ma as­so­ci­at­ed with peo­ple who came from mar­gin­alised com­mu­ni­ties like the Beetham Es­tate."They said that I was wast­ing my time and no one will hire some­body from the Beetham in a 'big of­fice'." They said I would just end up do­ing URP, re­main in the Beetham, and set­tle for a life and a fam­i­ly there.

"I can tell them now they were all wrong, be­cause where I grew up nev­er even mat­tered to my teach­ers or my job. All they saw was a young man who want­ed to be dif­fer­ent."Af­ter ex­it­ing UTC, he be­came a busi­ness de­vel­op­ment of­fi­cer at the Na­tion­al En­tre­pre­neur­ship De­vel­op­ment Com­pa­ny Lim­it­ed (NED­CO), then on to Al­ston's Mar­ket­ing as a se­nior brand man­ag­er.When his broth­er Clyde Jr passed away in 2002 af­ter a car ac­ci­dent, it was a high­ly emo­tion­al time for Solomon. Strick­en with grief and the need to make his life more mean­ing­ful, Solomon drew clos­er to his spir­i­tu­al­i­ty and to God.This re­nais­sance made him re­alise his true pur­pose was to lead a fam­i­ly in the same way his moth­er had lead theirs; with the key in­gre­di­ents of in­tegri­ty, hu­mil­i­ty and spir­i­tu­al­i­ty. It was on this new jour­ney he met his wife Gayle, whom he says epit­o­mis­es all that his now de­ceased moth­er stood for."I could not be mar­ried to any­one else," he says with a smile.Ac­cept­ing Chris­tian­i­ty and liv­ing a life af­ter God has made Solomon ap­pre­ci­ate all the bless­ings he re­ceived and why his jour­ney be­gan the way it did.With his past be­hind, Solomon says: "My hum­ble be­gin­ning taught me how to have courage and faith. And I thank God that my suc­cess to­day was not by my own do­ing, but with the help of the many peo­ple God used to in­flu­ence my life, es­pe­cial­ly my dear moth­er."

Solomon now gives back to his beloved com­mu­ni­ty through the Massy Group's Boys to Men Men­tor­ship Pro­gramme and he al­so men­tors young men at his al­ma mater.

He left these words of ad­vice to young men in his for­mer cir­cum­stance: "Noth­ing that you are go­ing through is by chance or left to waste; every­thing has mean­ing and pur­pose and will even­tu­al­ly shape the men you will be­come one day. But it will all count for noth­ing if you don't take what you have learned and im­part it to oth­ers to en­rich their lives."

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 25th, 2020, 12:20 pm

maj. tom wrote:Anyone mentioned the presence and role of fathers in the black community yet? Why are they most absent and the grandmother is the one taking care of the children, while the young black woman is out on the street making more with more bad, weak men who will not stick around. A strong, stable community and society is built on the strength of its men, the fathers and then grandfathers to pass on wisdom and help the young ones more.

Because that's the cause and the answer btw, from many studies in USA. And it's the real question and issue that needs to be discussed and face this reality. This is the root of the problems faced, and it's a cultural norm. This is why these young men turn to gangs and kill each other, kill other innocent people because they have no fathers to give them values and discipline.
Read my pass post, said all this before about black child mudda and fadda sysdrome.

Living with a black oman is not an easy task and that's why the bros run

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » January 25th, 2020, 1:30 pm

zoom rader wrote:
maj. tom wrote:Anyone mentioned the presence and role of fathers in the black community yet? Why are they most absent and the grandmother is the one taking care of the children, while the young black woman is out on the street making more with more bad, weak men who will not stick around. A strong, stable community and society is built on the strength of its men, the fathers and then grandfathers to pass on wisdom and help the young ones more.

Read my pass post, said all this before about black child mudda and fadda sysdrome.

Living with a black oman is not an easy task and that's why the bros run

Because black women need to understand their damn place and stfu when they are supposed to, not wanna turn round and beat up man and then threaten him with leaving or horn, just humble yuh a55 and learn yuh place... then they wanna know why so much black man happy to replace dem with ah whitey. or baytee

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 3rd, 2021, 10:56 am

The man charged with chairing a committee to review the primary school curriculum comes under fire for saying SEA is a racial racket and a scam which left black children excluded from the best schools. He calls the 20% system a racket and Presbyterian schools, overwhelmingly indian schools.

Controversial Article: https://newsday.co.tt/2021/05/31/consti ... -children/

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » June 3rd, 2021, 12:06 pm

The_Honourable wrote:The man charged with chairing a committee to review the primary school curriculum comes under fire for saying SEA is a racial racket and a scam which left black children excluded from the best schools. He calls the 20% system a racket and Presbyterian schools, overwhelmingly indian schools.

Oh yes because Maths is racist

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » June 3rd, 2021, 12:20 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:The man charged with chairing a committee to review the primary school curriculum comes under fire for saying SEA is a racial racket and a scam which left black children excluded from the best schools. He calls the 20% system a racket and Presbyterian schools, overwhelmingly indian schools.

Oh yes because Maths is racist

These are the same idiots in the US trying to insinuate that requiring an ID to vote is racist

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 3rd, 2021, 12:35 pm

Wat?

I guess Tobago has a large Indian population.

What's holding back Tobago kids? Goat racing?

Tobago racist to blood clat

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » June 3rd, 2021, 12:41 pm

sooo this man is in charge of reviewing sea
wonder if anybody gonna pull him up

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 3rd, 2021, 12:50 pm

So black kids want to go to injun schools?

How come injuns doh complain wanting to go African schools?

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » June 3rd, 2021, 1:11 pm

While SEA is not prefect because of 20% list and zoning, SEA and Privy Council are the only two things that PNM cannot corrupt, that is why they fight against it.

Anytime SEA or the Privy Council (the only two places of get justice in Trinidad and Tobago) goes I will pack up and leave for good.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 3rd, 2021, 1:34 pm

zoom rader wrote:So black kids want to go to injun schools?

Zoom,

What would you say is the main reason why many black kids are denied entry into the injun/prestige schools?

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » June 3rd, 2021, 1:34 pm

Does anyone believe in Darwin's theory of evolution?
Where did life begin?
Do successive iterations tend to improve upon the previous versions?

How come the Japanese don't have as much land space or resources, yet they bounce back from Tsunamis, earthquakes, and nuclear bombs?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 3rd, 2021, 1:38 pm

should be 4 kin 100%

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » June 3rd, 2021, 1:40 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Zoom,

What would you say is the main reason why many black kids are denied entry into the injun/prestige schools?

sea results.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 3rd, 2021, 1:48 pm

This arse has been pushing this agenda for years now as an excuse for Afro non performance. Imagine a majority Afro supported party with an Afro PM, Afro MoEd, and which has been in power for the greater part of our independent existence, but you opening line is "blame Kamla" ?
His inane reasoning is because some schools perform better, we shouldn't pull the "failing" schools up, but push the successful schools down? His racist attacks on Presbyterian, who are majority Indo is barely concealed, but nary a mention of Eric Williams and the others who signed and made the Concordat part of the Constitution, or the subsequent years and years to rectify it not done but successive GORTT's PNM NAR, UNC and otherwise.
Next we'll hear about pre-K and K schools racism, because the pupils who pass through and end up in the consistently better performing primary schools rigged the system :roll: . This overtly racist fool should be removed from that committee forthwith, although we know in LFD RFD PNM land that will never happen.
This moron is also either a liar, or misinformed because a Baptist Secondary school has been operating in T&T for what will be 60 years next year.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » June 3rd, 2021, 2:22 pm

Imagine if Sat was alive, theodore would have gotten minced :lol:

ruffneck_12 wrote:How come the Japanese don't have as much land space or resources, yet they bounce back from Tsunamis, earthquakes, and nuclear bombs?

Mentality as a country different, they pick up the pieces, rebuild and prosper.

They don't complain and while they will acknowledge what happened to them in the past, they don't study it to the point of portraying themselves as victims. Japanese don't walk around talking about what the United States did to them in 1945, that actually humbled them as Japan was colonizers in the past.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Re: Express article: The education of children of African origin

Postby Wraith King » June 3rd, 2021, 3:36 pm

The majority of Africans not interested or willing to put in the effort in excelling in education while it's opposite in the Indian community. The issue is one of culture as far as I see.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » June 3rd, 2021, 3:46 pm

Interesting that he focuses solely on hindu and Presbyterian schools. What about all the catholic and other Christian prestige schools , like QRC, CIC, Fatima, St Anthony's, St Joseph's Convent, Holy Name, Bishops etc.

Do these schools also discriminate against black children?

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 3rd, 2021, 3:58 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Interesting that he focuses solely on hindu and Presbyterian schools. What about all the catholic and other Christian prestige schools , like QRC, CIC, Fatima, St Anthony's, St Joseph's Convent, Holy Name, Bishops etc.

These schools wouldn't suit his agenda so he'll just completely ignore it.

Why is it the majority of Africans intellectually inferior and I don't meant obtaining higher levels of education. Look at these educated persons yet they're stupid.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 3rd, 2021, 4:04 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:Interesting that he focuses solely on hindu and Presbyterian schools. What about all the catholic and other Christian prestige schools , like QRC, CIC, Fatima, St Anthony's, St Joseph's Convent, Holy Name, Bishops etc.

Glad you spotted it.

This is how the red government pushes race .

You won't see Habit7 defending this

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » June 3rd, 2021, 4:05 pm

Wraith King wrote:The majority of Africans not interested or willing to put in the effort in excelling in education while it's opposite in the Indian community. The issue is one of culture as far as I see.

You are painting with a wide brush there, a very wide racist brush, you are confusing culture with historical activity, the Presbyterian schools that Theodore is complaining about came about because the Canadian Presbyterian missions here targeted the indentured communities, Hindu and Muslim, to convert them to Christianity, Christianity is not an Indian religion, the Presbyterians, Catholics and Anglicans set up their schools and put in the work over the years to ensure their schools and colleges are well maintained, held a high level and ensured better teaching, that is how they became the "prestige" schools, long before wealthy people started buying air condition units to ensure their child was in the 20% list, why is Couva East so much better than Couva West, what kind of students at Barrackpore East? Please get facts before being racist

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » June 3rd, 2021, 4:09 pm

zoom rader wrote:

Glad you spotted it.

You are contradicting yourself again, you bad talk red government and black people and then you agree with a post pointing out how the majority of prestige schools have predominantly black students, make up your mind

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 3rd, 2021, 4:10 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Zoom,

Who Said they were denied ?

When an injun attends any school his entire family also attends that school .

You think red government child fadda & mudda will show interest in the school or make sure the kids home work is done.

Red government parents main concern is wine and jam with freeness.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 3rd, 2021, 4:14 pm

abducted wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Glad you spotted it.

You are contradicting yourself again, you bad talk red government and black people and then you agree with a post pointing out how the majority of prestige schools have predominantly black students, make up your mind
Wat?

majority of prestige schools have predominantly black students?

These so-called black students are from where?

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 3rd, 2021, 4:26 pm

abducted wrote:
Wraith King wrote:The majority of Africans not interested or willing to put in the effort in excelling in education while it's opposite in the Indian community. The issue is one of culture as far as I see.

You are painting with a wide brush there, a very wide racist brush, you are confusing culture with historical activity, the Presbyterian schools that Theodore is complaining about came about because the Canadian Presbyterian missions here targeted the indentured communities, Hindu and Muslim, to convert them to Christianity, Christianity is not an Indian religion, the Presbyterians, Catholics and Anglicans set up their schools and put in the work over the years to ensure their schools and colleges are well maintained, held a high level and ensured better teaching, that is how they became the "prestige" schools, long before wealthy people started buying air condition units to ensure their child was in the 20% list, why is Couva East so much better than Couva West, what kind of students at Barrackpore East? Please get facts before being racist

Firstly, you being offended by something doesn't make it racist. Secondly, racism shouldn't be a convenient issue because I don't see you speaking about racism by the African community but somehow you're offended by something so you claim racism. You completely ignored all the actual racist things this Theodore twat said and still trying to defend his position.

Africans think that anyone that is a non African and speaks about their issues and the issues they cause are racist. If someone who was non African had described Africans as hyenas in the African jungle, they would have rioted.

Give me a break and get lost.

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » June 3rd, 2021, 4:31 pm

zoom rader wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Zoom,

Who Said they were denied ?

When an injun attends any school his entire family also attends that school .

You think red government child fadda & mudda will show interest in the school or make sure the kids home work is done.

Red government parents main concern is wine and jam with freeness.

Some guy was saying that's not their culture and that I was racist for saying the majority of Africans not interested in or willing to put the effort to excel academically.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 3rd, 2021, 5:20 pm

Not enough Indos, and the risk of sounding like he's attacking French Creole, local white, expat children, Syrian, Chinese and upper crust black children, which wouldn't sound good for the targeted audience he's seeking to rile up in one of the most overt racist ways I've seen in quite a while.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”