TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7717 cases, 139 deaths, 97 active, 7481 recovered in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods


User avatar
MaxPower
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6746
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby MaxPower » January 24th, 2021, 10:17 am

IMG_6295.JPG

User avatar
aaron17
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2416
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby aaron17 » January 24th, 2021, 11:41 am

Is it better to double up on masks for new variants? Those new n96 and kf94 expensive and not washable.

User avatar
paid_influencer
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1843
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » January 24th, 2021, 1:24 pm

i didn't know Larry King, famed CNN anchor, died of the covid

Numb3r4
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1743
Joined: May 22nd, 2013, 8:48 am
Location: Fyzabad

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby Numb3r4 » January 24th, 2021, 5:38 pm

How did the person who contracted the new strain get to travel with a positive test?

Wasn't she negative when she left and positive when she arrived or was there a period where the tests didn't pick up on it?

Are there direct flights to Trinidad and Tobago from the UK? Did she stop over anywhere and contracted it there?

User avatar
Dohplaydat
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1767
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » January 24th, 2021, 6:18 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:How did the person who contracted the new strain get to travel with a positive test?

Wasn't she negative when she left and positive when she arrived or was there a period where the tests didn't pick up on it?

Are there direct flights to Trinidad and Tobago from the UK? Did she stop over anywhere and contracted it there?


To travel you need to have a negative PCR test 72 hours prior to travel.

That means you can contract the virus in that 72 hours before you travel, you also could have contracted it a couple days before but still test negative as the viral load might be low.

That is the reason persons are quarantined and isolated for 7 days upon arrival and tested again before being released.

Once this is done properly there is 99% chance a positive case won't spread within the country as it will be caught. A person contracting the virus say on the plane or bus ride to quarantine (i.e. the last time they're with people before entering the quarantine rooms) will very likely test positive on the 6th if they have the virus.

To be 99.99% sure, the 7 days need to be changed to 14 days. I guess they decided 7 days supervised and 7 days at home would have been effective enough.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 24th, 2021, 8:09 pm

116 Tickets Issued for Not Wearing Face Masks in POS
Officers of the Port-of-Spain Division issued 116 fixed penalty notices for failure to wear a face mask, in accordance with the Public Health Ordinance Regulations.
Between 10am and 4pm yesterday, members of the Port-of-Spain Task Force conducted a roving road check exercise during which 50 Public Health Fixed Penalty Notices were issued. Additionally, between 6pm and 10pm, members of the Port-of-Spain Task Force also conducted a roving road check exercise, where 38 Public Health Fixed Penalty Notices were issued.
A roving stop and search exercise was also carried out at several locations in the Woodbrook Police district during the period 7.30 pm and 11 pm, where attention was paid to businesses, restaurants and bars with regard to COVID-19 protocols. Officers issued 28 Fixed Penalty Notices for Failure to Wear A Face Mask and several persons were cautioned about the COVID-19 regulations and guidelines.
The exercises were coordinated by W/ACP Beverly Rodriguez, spearheaded by Snr/ Supt Terrence Nobbee, Asp Cumberbatch, supervised by Sgt Alexander, Cpl Modeste, Cpl Thomas, Cpl Duncan, WPC Waterman.

User avatar
paid_influencer
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1843
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » January 24th, 2021, 8:31 pm

yea DPD right. There's a blind spot of about a week or two where travelers can contract the virus and board the plane with all paperwork in order.

Did some searching on the incubation period and found this, which is helpful.

From the four systematic reviews and meta-analyses, the pooled estimates for the 50th to 97.5th percentile of the median incubation period are as follows:

50th percentile: 5.1 days (95% CI: 4.5–5.8 ) to 5.4 days (95% CI: 5.0–5.7)
75th percentile: 6.7 days (95% CI: 5.7–7.9)to 8.5 days (95% CI: 7.9–9.1)
90th percentile: 9.7 days (95% CI: 8.1–11.6)
95th percentile:11.2 days (95% CI: 10.7–11.8 ) to 11.7 days (95% CI: 9.7–14.2)
97.5th percentile: 11.5 days (95% CI: 8.2–15.6) to 16.5 days (95% CI: 14.8–18.3)

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/me ... .pdf?la=en

User avatar
Dohplaydat
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1767
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » January 24th, 2021, 9:53 pm

paid_influencer wrote:yea DPD right. There's a blind spot of about a week or two where travelers can contract the virus and board the plane with all paperwork in order.

Did some searching on the incubation period and found this, which is helpful.

From the four systematic reviews and meta-analyses, the pooled estimates for the 50th to 97.5th percentile of the median incubation period are as follows:

50th percentile: 5.1 days (95% CI: 4.5–5.8 ) to 5.4 days (95% CI: 5.0–5.7)
75th percentile: 6.7 days (95% CI: 5.7–7.9)to 8.5 days (95% CI: 7.9–9.1)
90th percentile: 9.7 days (95% CI: 8.1–11.6)
95th percentile:11.2 days (95% CI: 10.7–11.8 ) to 11.7 days (95% CI: 9.7–14.2)
97.5th percentile: 11.5 days (95% CI: 8.2–15.6) to 16.5 days (95% CI: 14.8–18.3)

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/me ... .pdf?la=en


Good stuff, well my 99% figure is definitely an overestimate and if they really wanted to be strict with the border they'd move back to the 14 day supervised state quarantine.

User avatar
carluva
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1244
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby carluva » January 24th, 2021, 9:57 pm

Does anyone have any updates on the (potential) reopening of schools on February 8th?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 25th, 2021, 12:52 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:yea DPD right. There's a blind spot of about a week or two where travelers can contract the virus and board the plane with all paperwork in order.

Did some searching on the incubation period and found this, which is helpful.

From the four systematic reviews and meta-analyses, the pooled estimates for the 50th to 97.5th percentile of the median incubation period are as follows:

50th percentile: 5.1 days (95% CI: 4.5–5.8 ) to 5.4 days (95% CI: 5.0–5.7)
75th percentile: 6.7 days (95% CI: 5.7–7.9)to 8.5 days (95% CI: 7.9–9.1)
90th percentile: 9.7 days (95% CI: 8.1–11.6)
95th percentile:11.2 days (95% CI: 10.7–11.8 ) to 11.7 days (95% CI: 9.7–14.2)
97.5th percentile: 11.5 days (95% CI: 8.2–15.6) to 16.5 days (95% CI: 14.8–18.3)

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/me ... .pdf?la=en


Good stuff, well my 99% figure is definitely an overestimate and if they really wanted to be strict with the border they'd move back to the 14 day supervised state quarantine.


yes they should do this for all countries which have reported the variant- not just UK- doh know what their logic behind this is :roll: perhaps because some may only have 1 or 2 cases but some including the US already said its likely they have community spread going on, even though the actual confirmed cases are low (they are only testing an appallingly low number of test for the variant -0.3% ! )

User avatar
Dohplaydat
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1767
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » January 25th, 2021, 1:30 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:yea DPD right. There's a blind spot of about a week or two where travelers can contract the virus and board the plane with all paperwork in order.

Did some searching on the incubation period and found this, which is helpful.

From the four systematic reviews and meta-analyses, the pooled estimates for the 50th to 97.5th percentile of the median incubation period are as follows:

50th percentile: 5.1 days (95% CI: 4.5–5.8 ) to 5.4 days (95% CI: 5.0–5.7)
75th percentile: 6.7 days (95% CI: 5.7–7.9)to 8.5 days (95% CI: 7.9–9.1)
90th percentile: 9.7 days (95% CI: 8.1–11.6)
95th percentile:11.2 days (95% CI: 10.7–11.8 ) to 11.7 days (95% CI: 9.7–14.2)
97.5th percentile: 11.5 days (95% CI: 8.2–15.6) to 16.5 days (95% CI: 14.8–18.3)

https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-/me ... .pdf?la=en


Good stuff, well my 99% figure is definitely an overestimate and if they really wanted to be strict with the border they'd move back to the 14 day supervised state quarantine.


yes they should do this for all countries which have reported the variant- not just UK- doh know what their logic behind this is :roll: perhaps because some may only have 1 or 2 cases but some including the US already said its likely they have community spread going on, even though the actual confirmed cases are low (they are only testing an appallingly low number of test for the variant -0.3% ! )


The UK variant will possibly become the dominant Covid strain over the next couple months.

Added to that the Brazilian strain infecting people who already had Covid proving to nullify any herd immunity.

Just move back to a 14 day quarantine until vaccination rates reach 50% or something.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 25th, 2021, 1:54 pm

^ i'm hoping that even though u get infected with a different strain after already being infected or vaccinated against the original virus that at least u retain some small amount of immunity to protect against severe outcomes like hospitalization or death - in other words u get reinfected but it's like a cold, nothing serious.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 25th, 2021, 2:00 pm

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/california-covid-variant-discovered_n_600e5312c5b6d64153ad2495?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACoz74BlWt0A274Da9iWc1e3cZIH8dFI8sSPYo8c_T3cPCOi5KxpXWCvpqze259DM5kAhsqEm1Suek1-fI1lpHSTviy1iwL5hnVN7qaYz-zuYUIPTxxHxM8BVI8uOJANmICFgk7zkRuo7_7TDr0O46I4c5qyTpQDtuCHgUFo9qOJ


California Has Its Own Coronavirus Variant, Researchers Reveal
Scientists suspect the homegrown strain is likely linked to the case surge in Los Angeles County.
headshot
By Mary Papenfuss
The U.S. now has its very own COVID-19 variant and scientists believe the burgeoning strain is likely linked to the surge in cases in Los Angeles County.

Two independent research groups discovered the strain in California while seeking the more contagious, possible more deadly, British variant in the state. Although the researchers found the UK strain ― B.1.1.7 ― in scattered cases in Los Angeles, San Diego and San Bernardino counties, they weren’t expecting to discover a homegrown variant.

The California variant ― CAL.20C - was barely detectable in early October, researchers from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles said. But by late December, it accounted for 24% of virus samples taken from southern California patients and about 36% of tested Los Angeles samples.

The strain, scientists warned in their research report, “may be partially responsible for the magnitude of the surge in COVID-19 on the West Coast.”

Los Angeles County has emerged as one of the nation’s coronavirus hotspots. By mid-January, the county reported more than 1 million COVID-19 cases and nearly 14,000 deaths. More than two-thirds of the cases have occurred since the beginning of November, which is about the time or shortly after that scientists said the California variant took off.

The variant has also been detected in northern California, New York, Washington, D.C., and outside the country in Oceania.

While scientists suspect the strain is more contagious, they don’t yet know if it’s more dangerous or lethal, or if vaccines will be as effective against it.

User avatar
Dohplaydat
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1767
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » January 25th, 2021, 2:09 pm

redmanjp wrote:^ i'm hoping that even though u get infected with a different strain after already being infected or vaccinated against the original virus that at least u retain some small amount of immunity to protect against severe outcomes like hospitalization or death - in other words u get reinfected but it's like a cold, nothing serious.


Depends on the strain... You'd be immune to 99% of strains but remember the prevailing popular strains are popular for a reason....that people were not immune.

adnj
punchin NOS
Posts: 3131
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby adnj » January 27th, 2021, 9:03 am

China rolls out anal swab coronavirus tests, saying it’s more accurate than throat method

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... utType=amp

User avatar
Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS
Posts: 3688
Joined: July 1st, 2005, 11:11 am
Location: Second star to the right.

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby Strugglerzinc » January 27th, 2021, 10:54 am

adnj wrote:China rolls out anal swab coronavirus tests, saying it’s more accurate than throat method

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... utType=amp


Well look how it will have a surge of cases of that reach here.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15747
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby sMASH » January 27th, 2021, 11:48 am

if we reopen schools, we should get rid of that mask in open air and mask in private car parts of the law. what those measures would be able to prevent will be far insignificant compared to the spread u will get in schools.

u will be taking individuals, with little self control, from all over the place, then force them to be in the same enclosed space for a significant period of time, then dispatch them to their separate abodes.

any spread u would get from no face masks in open air, will pale in comparison to what this school thing will induce.

reopening schools is absolute sheit. govt could do it if they want, but dont come on tv and buffing me up for u forcing mixing of significant proportion of the population, that GOING to mix with other significant portions of the population.



if any thing, they should make it optional to send children to school or keep them home.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 27th, 2021, 2:13 pm

sMASH wrote:if we reopen schools, we should get rid of that mask in open air and mask in private car parts of the law. what those measures would be able to prevent will be far insignificant compared to the spread u will get in schools.

u will be taking individuals, with little self control, from all over the place, then force them to be in the same enclosed space for a significant period of time, then dispatch them to their separate abodes.

any spread u would get from no face masks in open air, will pale in comparison to what this school thing will induce.

reopening schools is absolute sheit. govt could do it if they want, but dont come on tv and buffing me up for u forcing mixing of significant proportion of the population, that GOING to mix with other significant portions of the population.


if any thing, they should make it optional to send children to school or keep them home.


it's not all forms, and even for those forms it's only for SBAs and classes that need to be in person so social distancing should be possible, all other classes should still be online. in addition to wearing masks. i also hope that ventilation is taking place as well.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15747
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7462 cases, 134 deaths, 327 active, 7002 recovered in T&T

Postby sMASH » January 27th, 2021, 2:49 pm

phased reopening, so eventually the others will go onstream.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7509 cases, 134 deaths, 298 active, 7077 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 29th, 2021, 2:34 pm

new york undercounted nursing home deaths by thousands

https://news.yahoo.com/ny-nursing-home-virus-deaths-155409236.html

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7533 cases, 134 deaths, 272 active, 7127 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 30th, 2021, 3:08 pm

Key Points from the Ministry of Health’s Media Conference on COVID-19 – Saturday January 30th 2021

- Employers are being urged to ensure work spaces are sanitised, proper distance is maintained between workers, and employees wear their masks. People with flu-like symptoms are being urged to stay home and get tested.

- Roshan Seeramsingh, GIS Manager at the Ministry of Health, reported an increase in Cluster cases in T&T. During his presentation, he noted that there were eight clusters recorded in the last week of December 2020 and first week on January 2021, but in the second and third weeks in January, this figure rose to 14. Seven of the clusters were recorded in St. George East, with two bounding that County. Females in the age brackets 10 to 14, 35 to 39, and 55 to 59 ranked among the highest infections.

- County Medical Officer of Health for St. George's East, Dr. Osafo Fraser, noted that people continue to pick up infections in the work environment. In two separate cases, they arose due to the failure to wear masks and social distance while on the job. These workers later spread the virus to their family members at home.

- Dr. Fraser said COVID-19 clusters are also occurring because of family gatherings. One cluster came about following a birthday party. Eight persons were infected from this gathering.

- In another instance in St. George East, 10 people in an extended family household became COVID-19 Positive after one or two people within this home exhibited flu-like symptoms but didn't get tested or isolate themselves. They then spread the virus to other members of their household.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7533 cases, 134 deaths, 272 active, 7127 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 30th, 2021, 3:16 pm

vaccinated but still infected (no symptoms), could be that immunity hasn't fully kicked in yet as they didn't say when he got the shots

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics/stephen-lynch-tests-positive-covid/index.html

User avatar
Dohplaydat
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1767
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7533 cases, 134 deaths, 272 active, 7127 recovered in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » January 30th, 2021, 3:33 pm

redmanjp wrote:vaccinated but still infected (no symptoms), could be that immunity hasn't fully kicked in yet as they didn't say when he got the shots

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics/stephen-lynch-tests-positive-covid/index.html


Vaccines at best are achieving 90% efficacy, so some can test positive still even after a month after the last dose.

The good news at least is that for the 10% the severity of the virus is greatly reduced.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7533 cases, 134 deaths, 272 active, 7127 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 30th, 2021, 3:37 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:vaccinated but still infected (no symptoms), could be that immunity hasn't fully kicked in yet as they didn't say when he got the shots

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/30/politics/stephen-lynch-tests-positive-covid/index.html


Vaccines at best are achieving 90% efficacy, so some can test positive still even after a month after the last dose.

The good news at least is that for the 10% the severity of the virus is greatly reduced.


the important takeaway is that u can't stop wearing masks after u get the shots as u may still transmit it although less than symptomatic ppl, and u are not protected overnight either- it takes a few weeks so u can still end up hospitalized if infected the day after and u are high risk

User avatar
paid_influencer
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1843
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7533 cases, 134 deaths, 272 active, 7127 recovered in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » January 30th, 2021, 8:49 pm

some experience about the vaccine process I found online:

Got my second dose of Moderna yesterday, and had a rough night. Muscles were sore (not just at the injection site, which hurts a lot), woke up freezing and shivering, nauseous, then woke up super hot. Tossed and turned all night trying to get comfortable and woke up every 5 minutes. Feeling a bit better this morning but very tired, hopefully this is the last of it. Totally worth it though if it means that it's working.


someone else:

Got my first shot today - turned out to be Moderna. Didn't notice anything as a result for like 4 or 5 hours, then my arm started to feel a bit sore, and now it's a mild ache like I've had with other vaccinations. Way too wrung out from the week to know if I'm feeling anything else from it - I'm thinking I'll know tomorrow if I'm feeling any side-effects. So far so good, though.


also apparently the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is 66% effective, but can be delivered in a single dose (one injection). All the current vaccines seem to be losing effectiveness (but not completely) against mutated strains.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15747
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7533 cases, 134 deaths, 272 active, 7127 recovered in T&T

Postby sMASH » January 30th, 2021, 10:03 pm

asha javeed post that we get permission to get 100k vaccines. so that would really be 50k,
should go to school children, front line then first come first serve people

User avatar
paid_influencer
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1843
Joined: November 18th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7533 cases, 134 deaths, 272 active, 7127 recovered in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » January 30th, 2021, 10:17 pm

sMASH wrote:asha javeed post that we get permission to get 100k vaccines. so that would really be 50k,
should go to school children, front line then first come first serve people


yup. just saw the press release. 50,000 vaccinations of the oxford vaccine (100,000 doses = 50,000 vaccinations, since each vaccination requires two doses to be effective), hopefully will be here by March 2021.

https://www.facebook.com/PNMTT/posts/10164986583205472

hospital workers need it first. doctor, nurse, security, receptionist, cleaner, ambulance driver, everybody that working SFGH, POSGH, etc, should get it before everyone else.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7533 cases, 134 deaths, 272 active, 7127 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 30th, 2021, 10:22 pm

ppl might be hesitant for a vaccine which is only 66% effective if there are others available with 90% effectiveness. is the 66% for ALL strains or just the new variants?

MOH just released some info on our Covax allocation:

COVID-19 VACCINE UPDATE - COVAX Facility Allocates Trinidad and Tobago an Initial 100,000 doses of the COVID-19 Vaccine.
The COVAX facility is only one of the strategies currently implemented to source COVID-19 vaccines for Trinidad and Tobago.
Image
Image


redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9359
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7533 cases, 134 deaths, 272 active, 7127 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 30th, 2021, 10:26 pm

there is light at the end of the tunnel - but we still in the tunnel, so keep wearing your masks and social distancing.

hope they roll out this on an emergency basis. open up vaccination sites at stadiums, parks and get as much doses into arms as possible. distribute it to every drug store, private doctor as well. let's end this nightmare.

Last edited by redmanjp on January 30th, 2021, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: De Dragon and 119 guests