TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 8964 cases, 154 deaths, 834 active, 7696 recovered in T&T

Postby widdyphuck » April 20th, 2021, 6:00 pm

paid_influencer wrote:allyuh calm down. The numbers today is just today and yesterday figures in one. Add up both, divide by two and the average is still less than 100. We in good shape. Measures working, give it some more time.
Did you pass cxc maths?

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 8964 cases, 154 deaths, 834 active, 7696 recovered in T&T

Postby pugboy » April 20th, 2021, 6:02 pm

what does it take to overload our hospital icu beds etc ?
a couple weeks of high daily cases ?
or is it a wait until 3/4 full or some number like that then call lockdown ?

if we gonna learn to live with it then we need to ask these questions because god forbid the day reach with hospitals full then we still living with it but in a bad way

goalpost wrote:The hospitals are not overloaded so there should be no reason for a lockdown. Plus a lockdown will solve nothing. We have to live with it.
Even with this drastic increase, there appears to be no major fear in the public like last March/April

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 20th, 2021, 6:11 pm

pugboy wrote:what does it take to overload our hospital icu beds etc ?
a couple weeks of high daily cases ?
or is it a wait until 3/4 full or some number like that then call lockdown ?

if we gonna learn to live with it then we need to ask these questions because god forbid the day reach with hospitals full then we still living with it but in a bad way

goalpost wrote:The hospitals are not overloaded so there should be no reason for a lockdown. Plus a lockdown will solve nothing. We have to live with it.
Even with this drastic increase, there appears to be no major fear in the public like last March/April

I can almost guarantee that ICUs are overloaded.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » April 20th, 2021, 6:12 pm

wtf wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:allyuh calm down. The numbers today is just today and yesterday figures in one. Add up both, divide by two and the average is still less than 100. We in good shape. Measures working, give it some more time.
Did you pass cxc maths?

top 1% in the country yo

:drinking:

edit: 24 + 171 = 200
200/2 = 100

my bad
Last edited by paid_influencer on April 20th, 2021, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » April 20th, 2021, 6:13 pm

Not even so far as cxc....sea even?
wtf wrote:
Did you pass cxc maths?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 20th, 2021, 6:15 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
wtf wrote:
Did you pass cxc maths?

top 1% in the country yo

200/2 = 100

my bad

lol

Anyway, FYI our 7-day average is 88.6

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 20th, 2021, 6:27 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:I can almost guarantee that ICUs are overloaded.

this does be on the second page nobody does post.

second page more important than first page right now

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 20th, 2021, 6:50 pm

So my pops got back his private covid test since Friday and it was positive as we expected as he was sick. He's not doing badly, getting better right now.

But he still hasn't gotten his state results after 2 friggin weeks! WDA......no one answering phones, no call back saying he's positive. WTF.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 20th, 2021, 7:11 pm

something fishy there with his test
a padna got tested middle last week and got positive result on saturday

hope pops gets better without lasting effects

aren’t private places supposed to send his positive report to the govt who will contact and decide if to hospitalize him ?

Dohplaydat wrote:So my pops got back his private covid test since Friday and it was positive as we expected as he was sick. He's not doing badly, getting better right now.

But he still hasn't gotten his state results after 2 friggin weeks! WDA......no one answering phones, no call back saying he's positive. WTF.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 20th, 2021, 7:18 pm

pugboy wrote:something fishy there with his test

aren’t private places supposed to send his positive report to the govt who will contact and decide if to hospitalize him ?

Dohplaydat wrote:So my pops got back his private covid test since Friday and it was positive as we expected as he was sick. He's not doing badly, getting better right now.

Where did your friend go?

All protocols seem to be forgotten right now. No one called him from the MoH, he just got two quarantine orders and was told to called an ambulance if he needs hospitalization.

Also, again no testing of primary contacts, no quarantine order or tests for myself or my mom.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 20th, 2021, 7:27 pm

he still home like yours
seems all the “protocols and procedures” out the door this rounds

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 20th, 2021, 7:44 pm

pugboy wrote:he still home like yours
seems all the “protocols and procedures” out the door this rounds

meant for testing, and did they call and give him the results or did he have to call?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 20th, 2021, 7:52 pm

the dmo called him

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 20th, 2021, 8:28 pm

pugboy wrote:the dmo called him

Hmm like my dad results slipped through the cracks

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 20th, 2021, 8:35 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
wtf wrote:
Did you pass cxc maths?

top 1% in the country yo

200/2 = 100

my bad

Even the edit is wrong. Another MoE failure.

24 + 171 = 195
Half of 195 is less than 100.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 20th, 2021, 9:01 pm

yea dais true

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 20th, 2021, 10:43 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

All protocols seem to be forgotten right now. No one called him from the MoH, he just got two quarantine orders and was told to called an ambulance if he needs hospitalization.

Also, again no testing of primary contacts, no quarantine order or tests for myself or my mom.

if any family member is positive all family members must quarantine- and they need to send u the quarantine order as your boss may ask for it

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 20th, 2021, 11:07 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

if any family member is positive all family members must quarantine- and they need to send u the quarantine order as your boss may ask for it

He got the quarantine order 2 weeks ago when he went for testing. But only him.

My problems here are:
1. He never got back the results, tomorrow will be 15 days
2. All phone calls to the numbers they gave us on the form go unanswered, well over 200 times they've called
3. Not a single person called him to check up on him despite them saying they would daily
4. No questions asked about who he lives with, and no testing done on my mom nor me, despite me actually bringing him in for testing.
5. He got his private results on Saturday (+ve) and they issued another quarantine order. He's positive as we assumed, my mom might very well be positive too but she has no symptoms, just one day she was a little tired and had bad headaches. However, no instructions or requests for primary contacts to be quarantined or should go in for testing.

We're lucky, he's a very healthy 70 year old, goes walking daily, no comorbidities either, same with my mom. My brother is the one who brought it home.

What really irks me is that if we had quicker testing (rapid testing would be amazing), my brother could have gotten his results the day he felt sick and all this avoided.

My brother is freaking lucky he didn't spread it to anyone else, though I suspect his gf might have it or had it. They're both staying by me. And her parents have tested negative, fortunately.

I also suspect I have some immunity to it as I almost certainly had it in September and thus should still be somewhat immune.

This could be an anomaly in covid management, but this thing is being so poorly mismanaged from my experience. here What's especially bad is the lack of information and no one answering the phone numbers they gave us.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » April 21st, 2021, 4:48 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

My problems here are:
2. All phone calls to the numbers they gave us on the form go unanswered, well over 200 times they've called
3. Not a single person called him to check up on him despite them saying they would daily
4. No questions asked about who he lives with, and no testing done on my mom nor me, despite me actually bringing him in for testing.
5. He got his private results on Saturday (+ve) and they issued another quarantine order. He's positive as we assumed, my mom might very well be positive too but she has no symptoms, just one day she was a little tired and had bad headaches. However, no instructions or requests for primary contacts to be quarantined or should go in for testing.

We're lucky, he's a very healthy 70 year old, goes walking daily, no comorbidities either, same with my mom. My brother is the one who brought it home.

What really irks me is that if we had quicker testing (rapid testing would be amazing), my brother could have gotten his results the day he felt sick and all this avoided.

My brother is freaking lucky he didn't spread it to anyone else, though I suspect his gf might have it or had it. They're both staying by me. And her parents have tested negative, fortunately.

I also suspect I have some immunity to it as I almost certainly had it in September and thus should still be somewhat immune.

This could be an anomaly in covid management, but this thing is being so poorly mismanaged from my experience. here What's especially bad is the lack of information and no one answering the phone numbers they gave us.

quick question? anyone of them who positive or negative in the same household drink alcohol ? i trying to figure out if i use this as an excuse to drink rum everyday if the covid wont survive in my alcohol system

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 9135 cases, 157 deaths, 982 active, 7996 recovered in T&T

Postby Kenjo » April 21st, 2021, 5:17 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

My problems here are:

Which facility was he tested at ?

K74T
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 9135 cases, 157 deaths, 982 active, 7996 recovered in T&T

Postby K74T » April 21st, 2021, 8:19 am

20210421_081820.jpeg

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 21st, 2021, 8:22 am

any bets that we going into lockdown?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 21st, 2021, 8:34 am

the obvious guess would be bars lol
tbh all them bars esp in places like arima have folks liming and drinking outside without masks

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 21st, 2021, 8:42 am

i think we going into full lockdown as we have the new variant here as well as back to back rapid increases in cases

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 21st, 2021, 8:45 am

I wont say full lockdown...but further restrictions, work from home, 50-50 staff etc

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 21st, 2021, 8:50 am

^ fair enough. I think thats just delaying the inevitable though.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » April 21st, 2021, 8:55 am

pugboy wrote:the obvious guess would be bars lol
tbh all them bars esp in places like arima have folks liming and drinking outside without masks

Same here in central Freeport and Couva. The venes is the worst tho. There's a swarm in Freeport with seemingly more weekly. Absolutely no masks when going anywhere, walking around, going to shops. They only put it on when going into a taxi.
They started off doing the correct thing but abandoned it soon after when nobody telling them anything.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 21st, 2021, 9:31 am

ttps not doing they wuk anymore

Strugglerzinc wrote:
pugboy wrote:the obvious guess would be bars lol

Same here in central Freeport and Couva. The venes is the worst tho. There's a swarm in Freeport with seemingly more weekly. Absolutely no masks when going anywhere, walking around, going to shops. They only put it on when going into a taxi.
They started off doing the correct thing but abandoned it soon after when nobody telling them anything.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 21st, 2021, 10:30 am

^ when has ttps ever done there wuk

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 21st, 2021, 10:40 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I wont say full lockdown...but further restrictions, work from home, 50-50 staff etc

that should have been done already when we hit 100 cases in a day

but with the new variant, we need to lockdown hard & early for 2 weeks, similar to new zealand to eradicate this variant b4 it's too late, which by next week will probably be too late. otherwise playing the wait & see game is going to have us at a high rate till most ppl vaccinated, which means restrictions on for months/years.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”