TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

DMan7
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 8806 cases, 150 deaths, 748 active, 7908 recovered in T&T

Postby DMan7 » April 18th, 2021, 9:04 pm

goalpost wrote:
elec2020 wrote:full lockdowns are a coming

Somehow i doubt this will happen
They will keep implementing restrictions.

That is correct! There will be no more lockdowns as our economy cannot support it. The Government will not be able to provide checks to everyone this rounds.

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 8806 cases, 150 deaths, 748 active, 7908 recovered in T&T

Postby pugboy » April 18th, 2021, 9:05 pm

I hope Hindus locally are being extra careful with the current period of Navratri prayers and congregating etc.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » April 18th, 2021, 9:11 pm

pugboy wrote:I hope Hindus locally are being extra careful with the current period of Navratri prayers and congregating etc.

plenty old people does be in them thing.

old people doh business with masks these days

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 18th, 2021, 9:14 pm

Talk is Harry persad passed due to covid
I know he runs a popular temple In st Helena

Of course we can say about current Ramadan

paid_influencer wrote:
pugboy wrote:I hope Hindus locally are being extra careful with the current period of Navratri prayers and congregating etc.

plenty old people does be in them thing.

old people doh business with masks these days

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 18th, 2021, 9:15 pm

goalpost wrote:

i hope so but given the rapid increase in cases. yhhhhh. i feel the lockdowns coming. even more so if Khan died due to covid exposure

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » April 18th, 2021, 9:15 pm

paid_influencer wrote:Nah he's right. I have no evidence the numbers are being manipulated.
I can't believe that you gave up that easily.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 18th, 2021, 9:20 pm

DMan7 wrote:
goalpost wrote:

That is correct! There will be no more lockdowns as our economy cannot support it. The Government will not be able to provide checks to everyone this rounds.

um no eh. a population reliant on the government for everything is a politicians wet dream. yh the economy may not handle another lockdown. so if GDP contracted by almost 6 per cent in 2020. another lockdown may take the contraction to 10 per cent. so a contraction of like 16 per cent is detrimental. but it would put more people reliant on government intervention which would make an elections an easy win. an elections when u already know the only reason why u still in power was because there was no credible opposition choice for the voting populace. and u also losing your strongest and most identifiable politician and PM. so yh. i would place a bet that lockdown coming again. they can also blame the lockdowns on the populace actions during easter. absolving them from all blame

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 18th, 2021, 9:29 pm

DMan7 wrote:
goalpost wrote:

Allyuh didn't see the PMs message a couple weeks ago, followed up by a clip of the same message posted on the OPM's FB page entitled 'You have been warned' where he is making mention of a FULL lockdown? Please give check it out now if u haven't. He not talking about a lil roll back, he is talking about a lockdown 'like in March and April'!! He said if we have to revert to that it have no money or cheque this time!

I think I already posted it in this thread. If cases continue to be in the hundreds I promise there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when ppl lose their jobs all over in a few weeks time.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 18th, 2021, 9:53 pm

redmanjp wrote:
DMan7 wrote:
goalpost wrote:

Allyuh didn't see the PMs message a couple weeks ago, followed up by a clip of the same message posted on the OPM's FB page entitled 'You have been warned' where he is making mention of a FULL lockdown? Please give check it out now if u haven't. He not talking about a lil roll back, he is talking about a lockdown 'like in March and April'!! He said if we have to revert to that it have no money or cheque this time!

I think I already posted it in this thread. If cases continue to be in the hundreds I promise there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when ppl lose their jobs all over in a few weeks time.

Aye I don't want a lockdown more than most. I was now enjoying life again, liming, beach, gym.

But we were fooled into comfort by authorities and nothing was done. Also, far more testing could have shown us the rise earlier.

If we locked down 3 weeks ago we'd not be in this mess.

Look at how fast Barbados squashed their outbreaks.

These phased restrictions just prolong it. Shut down hard and early is the best strategy.
Screenshot_20210418_215155.jpg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 18th, 2021, 10:01 pm

Hence the situation we in again

Dohplaydat wrote:
Aye I don't want a lockdown more than most. I was now enjoying life again, liming, beach, gym.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 18th, 2021, 10:02 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
DMan7 wrote:
goalpost wrote:

But we were fooled into comfort by authorities and nothing was done. Also, far more testing could have shown us the rise earlier.

These phased restrictions just prolong it. Shut down hard and early is the best strategy.
Screenshot_20210418_215155.jpg
Illegal Venezuelans not entering Barbados like they entering Trinidad.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 18th, 2021, 10:06 pm

too early to start talking about lockdown. Restrictions take 2-3 weeks to have an effect. Give it a week again to work and then see.

anecdotally, place get real dead after they introduced the measures. This very close to a lockdown without actually shutting down everything. The only real thing they could do further is shutting down the religious services, but that is a political powder keg.
Attachments
ElRD_74UYAIHQSM.jpg

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 18th, 2021, 10:07 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
DMan7 wrote:
goalpost wrote:

These phased restrictions just prolong it. Shut down hard and early is the best strategy.Screenshot_20210418_215155.jpg

Tunts7 say we killing de ekonamy with that :roll:
CMO said spike coming since MARCH, but the head jackarse JUHN Scarfy said "Tobago is de place tuh be" in response. All the sheit talk about the medical team, blah blah facking blah, but the Tobago moron is the one calling the shots, and even he get it for his sheer incompetence and stupidity.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 18th, 2021, 10:15 pm

pugboy wrote:Hence the situation we in again

Dohplaydat wrote:

And how you know I wasn't safe? I wear my mask everywhere, all limes were outdoor, beach is literally the safest place from Covid, gym I go off peak and still wear my mask.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 18th, 2021, 10:25 pm

paid_influencer wrote:too early to start talking about lockdown. Restrictions take 2-3 weeks to have an effect. Give it a week again to work and then see.

anecdotally, place get real dead after they introduced the measures. This very close to a lockdown without actually shutting down everything. The only real thing they could do further is shutting down the religious services, but that is a political powder keg.

This is true, but this assumes covid was being spread this way.

Anecdotally, almost everyone I know who got Covid got it from a coworker or close friend. Not the beach.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 18th, 2021, 10:49 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
DMan7 wrote:
goalpost wrote:

These phased restrictions just prolong it. Shut down hard and early is the best strategy.Screenshot_20210418_215155.jpg

CMO said spike coming since MARCH, but the head jackarse JUHN Scarfy said "Tobago is de place tuh be" in response. All the sheit talk about the medical team, blah blah facking blah, but the Tobago moron is the one calling the shots, and even he get it for his sheer incompetence and stupidity.
CMO = Chief Misleading Officer.
I don't feel he's telling the truth.

BUG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUG » April 18th, 2021, 11:18 pm

wtf wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
DMan7 wrote:
goalpost wrote:

CMO = Chief Misleading Officer.
I don't feel he's telling the truth.

Go on then, what's the truth?

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 8940 cases, 153 deaths, 847 active, 7940 recovered in T&T

Postby Devourment » April 19th, 2021, 7:13 am

The truth is they wanted cases to be low and were probably embarrassed that we're having such a bad outbreak. After all, they wanted to sell the narrative that opening borders keeps us safe.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 19th, 2021, 8:15 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
pugboy wrote:Hence the situation we in again

Dohplaydat wrote:

And how you know I wasn't safe? I wear my mask everywhere, all limes were outdoor, beach is literally the safest place from Covid, gym I go off peak and still wear my mask.

Safe? No. Low to moderate risk is the most likely scenario for those activities.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 19th, 2021, 10:01 am

De Dragon wrote:Tunts7 say we killing de ekonamy with that :roll:

Let me silence you or just have you run your stink mouth without saying anything substantial.

If in March the CMO was pointing to spikes in Central and EW Corridor as cause for concern, what does ppl going to Tobago in April have anything to do with the spike we are currently experiencing?

How does the PM endorsing Tobago tourism 2wks before Easter, cause ppl to go Tobago when hotels and flights were booked out more than a month before?

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » April 19th, 2021, 10:21 am

Habit7 wrote:

Let me silence you or just have you run your stink mouth without saying anything substantial.

If in March the CMO was pointing to spikes in Central and EW Corridor as cause for concern, what does ppl going to Tobago in April have anything to do with the spike we are currently experiencing?

How does the PM endorsing Tobago tourism 2wks before Easter, cause ppl to go Tobago when hotels and flights were booked out more than a month before?

If there are spikes in Central and EW Corridor in March and those people travel to Tobago with a lot of others from Trinidad, it will increase the spread, The PM said 2wks before Easter that there was already a high number of bookings in Tobago for Easter,

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 19th, 2021, 10:32 am

paid_influencer wrote:too early to start talking about lockdown. Restrictions take 2-3 weeks to have an effect. Give it a week again to work and then see.

yeah but the restrictions are based on risks due to places where masks can't be worn (eating places)- but that assumes they are being worn everywhere else- it worked in september/october because the mask law came into effect and ppl complied. they not doing that for d past several weeks. masks is d only thing preventing a full lockdown.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 19th, 2021, 10:43 am

abducted wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

If there are spikes in Central and EW Corridor in March and those people travel to Tobago with a lot of others from Trinidad, it will increase the spread, The PM said 2wks before Easter that there was already a high number of bookings in Tobago for Easter,

You are still not answering the question. Before March Tobago vacays already booked. How does Rowley commenting on what ppl are free to do, influencing what already happened?

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 8940 cases, 153 deaths, 847 active, 7940 recovered in T&T

Postby KM_2NR » April 19th, 2021, 10:45 am

Anyone wanna guess what today's figures will be? 100 + again , any bets ?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 19th, 2021, 10:47 am

KM_2NR wrote:Anyone wanna guess what today's figures will be? 100 + again , any bets ?

it will be lower as mondays and tuesdays are always low due to weekend closure of public health centres. and ppl here would say yay! it going down.

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » April 19th, 2021, 10:53 am

redmanjp wrote:
KM_2NR wrote:Anyone wanna guess what today's figures will be? 100 + again , any bets ?

it will be lower as mondays and tuesdays are always low due to weekend closure of public health centres. and ppl here would say yay! it going down.

And again someone will have to explain this to them.

My guess is 50-80 cases today and tomorrow with 100+ Wednesday to Sunday.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 19th, 2021, 10:53 am

Habit7 wrote:You are still not answering the question. Before March Tobago vacays already booked. How does Rowley commenting on what ppl are free to do, influencing what already happened?

the way he said it could have been interpreted as 'u cud go and free up, it have no covid there' which could influence some ppl's behavior, not that i letting them off d hook either. he did say behave afterwards, but to some ppl it may sound like mixed messaging. and probably related to the THA elections. he should have said 'I am aware of the number of ppl booked to go Tobago. if you are going there u need to be very careful'.

btw i hope it have no more elections anywhere till we reach herd immunity. it seems there is always a surge right before.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 19th, 2021, 11:01 am

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 19th, 2021, 11:23 am

redmanjp wrote:
Habit7 wrote:You are still not answering the question. Before March Tobago vacays already booked. How does Rowley commenting on what ppl are free to do, influencing what already happened?

the way he said it could have been interpreted as 'u cud go and free up, it have no covid there' which could influence some ppl's behavior, not that i letting them off d hook either. he did say behave afterwards, but to some ppl it may sound like mixed messaging. and probably related to the THA elections. he should have said 'I am aware of the number of ppl booked to go Tobago. if you are going there u need to be very careful'.

btw i hope it have no more elections anywhere till we reach herd immunity. it seems there is always a surge right before.

Mixed messaging? https://youtu.be/nCYp4PerWKo?t=2929
you know what's happening now
Tobago is almost full and overflowing
the place to be is in Tobago
and I tell you the best vacation you can
have at home in Trinidad and Tobago is
in Tobago
go to Tobago if you want but when you go
to behave yourself
behave yourself we are in a pandemic
wear your mask stay away from crows no
partying
and so on and so on and you can have a
wonderful easter in Tobago
nobody asks you to go and see I'm
building a mask on your face
but when you come out of the water
before you go to anybody
put on your mask and everybody gonna be
all right
and that for me is a success of the
people
of Trinidad and Tobago
[Applause]

Nevertheless, even if the PM said this on 18th March, trust me you either had bookings for Tobago a month before to arrive there 29th March and onwards or you went on standby.

After THA elections there was no spike.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 19th, 2021, 12:26 pm

they doh close when this happens. 2nd time in a few weeks in that same branch. they might send home primary contacts but what about secondary which means the rest of the staff. and are they wearing their masks properly?

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/04/18/supermarket-association-awaits-clearance-for-vaccines-another-worker-tests-postive/

AS another supermarket employee tested positive for covid19, the Supermarket Association (SATT) said it is still awaiting clearance from the Ministry of Health to secure vaccines for its members.

The association made a case for its employees to be given priority as they have been in the frontline since the pandemic was declared and the country went into lockdown in March 2020.

SATT had said it was exploring avenues to procure vaccines privately.

After some controversy about the private sector accessing vaccines for their workers, Health Minister Terrence Deyalsingh announced a partnership with ANSA McAL and SATT to work together to procure safe WHO-approved vaccines.

Although Government has accessed vaccines and has started the vaccination process on April 6, these vaccines are mainly for frontline workers and people 60 and over who may have underlying health issues.

SATT’s president Rajiv Diptee told the Newsday on Sunday, the private sector still has a zeal to purchase vaccines as his members are not immune.

He referred to a social media post from Tru Valu Supermarket on Saturday, that one of its workers at the Trincity branch tested positive for covid19.

Tru Valu said this was not related to a prior incident at the same location in March.

The company said upon learning of the case, pandemic protocols were immediately activated and health officials contacted.

Contact tracing of those identified as being in contact with the employee was also done and those persons were asked to self-quarantine at their respective homes.

Diptee said he was satisfied with the measures adopted by Tru Valu.

He said since last year, the association met with the principal medical officer and public health inspectors who laid out the protocols for them to observe in the event of someone tested positive.

“We understand what needs to be done and when a case happens, as it inevitably will, we just follow the protocols and inform the authorities.”

He said it has become a way of life to constantly sanitise and fog the premises as supermarkets have not been spared.

He said many of their workers have tested positive.

“It just does not make the news,” he said.

In terms of their application for vaccinations, Diptee said, “Our case is before the Ministry of Health and it is pending review.

“We have been told it is with the office of the Attorney General as there are certain legal issues surrounding that."

He also said the association has not heard anything new from ANSA McAL, "So right now we are in a bit of limbo, waiting on the Ministry of Health.”

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”