TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 66 cases, 2 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby boxy » March 28th, 2020, 3:39 am

Or he could just have the flu. Which is why people are told to stay home if you are sick. Most likely if your coworker is young the trigger for the hotline to activate would be for him to answer if he has any underlying medical problems or have shortness of breath which is when the virus has started damaging your lungs and the dead cells left in its wake starts blocking up the layer of the lungs that absorbs air to send to the red blood cells. If the answer to those questions are no then they won't take him in and just tell him self isolate and take panadol which is basically the only thing that can be done without a vaccine in people who have mild symptoms.

Keep us posted on his progress though should be interesting ro hear how he turns out
Dohplaydat wrote:Just to add to this discussion.

I'm 99% sure my co-worker has it right now, however, he lives alone, no recent travel history and his symptoms are mild. He has called the hotline twice and been refused a test both times. He is being extremely responsible and has not left his apartment in over 15 days.

He was in meetings with some clients who came from the US on March 5th and 6th. On the 13th he woke up sick and we haven't seen him since the 12th March.

Yet he is still coughing, occasional fever, headaches, and sore throat. He says all of this has been mild and he could have come to work right through and feel fine.

If he has it, I guarantee hundreds of other Trinis have as that same group of US clients went out quite a bit on the 6th and 7th.

The spike is coming soon.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 28th, 2020, 3:40 am

Redress10 wrote:
abbow wrote:Heard from a DMO today that the reason the Gov only wants Carpha to do testing is to keep control on the real numbers who have been infected since carnival. :? :?

Well no. Every "positive" test done in private would have to be retested by CARPHA anyway resulting in duplication of services and all that.

Most epidemics are tightly coordinated by the state. Any major health issue is state coordinated. Same goes for hiv etc. You get an hiv+ test then the state needs to confirm diagnosis in order to determine treatment. There is also a quality issue in terms of machines and testing protocols that need to be audited and monitored by state before allowing private labs to test. You always try to avoid false negatives in testing. So in the case of a viral infection such as HIV where a person usually don't test yearly or even 2 years betweem tests then you can understand why a false negative is dangerous.

It's different in other countries such as USA as their healthcare system is different. The results may have to be reported to gov't officials but the treatment/isolation of individuals is left to private individuals.
Yes, and...

The tests for COVID-19 are not perfect: sometimes, people who have the disease will be wrongly told that they do not.

Some people require more than one test because of false-negative outcomes.

The number of COVID-19 tests carried out will be similar to the number of people tested, but they won’t be quite the same, because some people may need to be tested multiple times. The reason for this is that there are “false-negative” test outcomes.

A “false-negative” outcome is when someone is tested and found to be clear of the disease, but when tested again, are found to have it. The WHO’s guidelines for laboratory testing of COVID-19 say that negative results “do not rule out the possibility of COVID-19 virus infection.”

This means that even in countries that have done lots of tests, the true number of COVID-19 cases is still uncertain, although of course more testing still means more certainty.

There haven’t been many studies into how common false negatives are, so it’s hard to know how big an impact they have on our understanding – but research is going on.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 28th, 2020, 3:51 am

triniterribletim wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Should a ban all international flights 2 weeks before those 20000 ppl came in.

Oh well it was a good run folks the coronapocalypse is here. 1 in 5 of our infected families will be hospitalized and a few will die.
Thanks to the CCP virus.

China must be made to suffer for this. They should bleed as the world has bled.

Go to the Curepe interchange and beat on a few of the laborers from the China Railroad Company that work there.

Be sure to post a video of what happens. I want to see how long you last.

[IMG]https://i.redd.it/n4in81if9bq01.jpg
[/IMG]

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 28th, 2020, 4:05 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:I saw on the news a group of scientists developed a formula to address how many people are likely to have corona virus, the numbers are within millions. This is supposedly a good thing because it means while it is extremely contagious it isn't as deadly as we believe it to be even tho it is pretty deadly when compared to most diseases.

The fact that it is very likely that millions of people have this virus and don't even know or their symptoms are soo mild that they can't even be bothered is actually pretty promising. We may be able to live with this virus being the norm which is what we will have to do like it or not it isn't going anywhere

The calculated mortality rate, tested CFR and R0 all indicated that this virus is:

More deadly than the flu
More contagious than the flu
Not likely to disappear because it doesn't kill fast enough
Likely to be widely mitigated by vaccine

This has been published over and over since early February 2020. It was even discussed in this thread.

Measles, chicken pox, H1N1, polio, small pox, hepatitis, tetanus. A few years from now, when a vaccine is available, add SARS-CoV-2 to the list of preventable diseases that many people won't bother to be immunized against.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » March 28th, 2020, 4:30 am

MaxPower wrote:Screws doh study the chinee dem na mamoo.

You do your part in society and thats all that is required.

Stay safe

boy we hadda study them and do as they do. it look like they know something that we dont know or we taking slight. anyone pass arawak yesterday and see the lines outside and police dey but no social distancing.only see about 3 people wearing mask. if it is a respiratory disease yuh need to wear yuh mask not so mush a glove. dat like like yuh going to bull ah hoe but yuh wash yuh piggy clean and put on no rubber so yuh feel yuh aint go get hiv (which they now have a cure for)

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 28th, 2020, 7:02 am

Redman wrote:New Orleans seeing their carnival bump already.
Why aren't we?

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/new-or ... -epicenter
Maybe still not enough testing done.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » March 28th, 2020, 7:05 am

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/50000-f ... bab1bb992e

50000 fine or 6 months jail...and u have to give a good explaination /proof that u are going to grocery or esssential worker. I am not a good persuader but I printed documents though to show for work.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 28th, 2020, 7:06 am

boxy wrote:Or he could just have the flu. Which is why people are told to stay home if you are sick. Most likely if your coworker is young the trigger for the hotline to activate would be for him to answer if he has any underlying medical problems or have shortness of breath which is when the virus has started damaging your lungs and the dead cells left in its wake starts blocking up the layer of the lungs that absorbs air to send to the red blood cells. If the answer to those questions are no then they won't take him in and just tell him self isolate and take panadol which is basically the only thing that can be done without a vaccine in people who have mild symptoms.

Keep us posted on his progress though should be interesting ro hear how he turns out
Dohplaydat wrote:Just to add to this discussion.

I'm 99% sure my co-worker has it right now, however, he lives alone, no recent travel history and his symptoms are mild. He has called the hotline twice and been refused a test both times. He is being extremely responsible and has not left his apartment in over 15 days.

He was in meetings with some clients who came from the US on March 5th and 6th. On the 13th he woke up sick and we haven't seen him since the 12th March.

Yet he is still coughing, occasional fever, headaches, and sore throat. He says all of this has been mild and he could have come to work right through and feel fine.

If he has it, I guarantee hundreds of other Trinis have as that same group of US clients went out quite a bit on the 6th and 7th.

The spike is coming soon.

trini - "nah man, is the flu, i goin grocery"
officer- "where u goin sir?"
trini - " goin grocery, food run out"
*cough*
officer - " what is dat?"
trini - "jess a dry cough"
officer - "recent travel history?"
trini - "before carnival, since i come back for carnival, i stay here"
officer - " oh ok, u dont meet the specs to get tested, carry on. dont rub up on the snacks"
trini - "ok, tanks," *f u, gonna rub up and sneeze up alll on the snacks*

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » March 28th, 2020, 7:07 am

Yeah kamla start the fight.... But its becoming more an more stupid.... Both pnm and unc

The politicians needs to settle an stop trying to score political points. Save that for later

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 28th, 2020, 7:46 am

Morning friends,

I noticed yesterday quite a few Trinis washing their hands for 3 seconds and then wiping dry on their pants...

Stop this.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 7:56 am

MaxPower wrote:Morning friends,

I noticed yesterday quite a few Trinis washing their hands for 3 seconds and then wiping dry on their pants...

Stop this.

A few you say? I does be all over the country from Toco to Point Fortin and Trini Men does every one of them does wash their hands for 3 seconds only women wash it for longer

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 9:08 am

Watch how disturbing this video is, this covid has healthy people in their 30's in ICU and thing. The gay fella say how he husband in serious condition and he husband has 0 health issues and is very fit.

I studying if to abandon my job and stay home until this goes away, I have some money saved up it ain't much but it can carry me 5 months. Highly unlikely this is going anywhere even after 5 months.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 28th, 2020, 9:17 am

we got this, y'all

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 9:22 am

Guys I have a question do you know if hospitals have postponed minor surgery and infection related diseases in people with diabetes etc until further notice? because this is what I heard from someone, looking to clarify.

Also if you have an ongoing abscess infection does this make you more susceptible to serious problems regarding Covid 19? assuming white blood cell report is perfect.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 9:33 am

distant family member now told me her husband who is a medical doctor at a hospital in the US has died from Covid :(
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on March 28th, 2020, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 28th, 2020, 9:33 am

aaron17 wrote:
Why aren't we?

Testing or lack there of will not stop from cases presenting.
People infected during Carnival would be sick and need hospitalization by now..yes some might be outliers...but the majority would show symptoms by now.
We not seeing that yet.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 9:35 am

Redman wrote:
aaron17 wrote:
Why aren't we?

People infected during Carnival would be sick and need hospitalization by now..yes some might be outliers...but the majority would show symptoms by now.
We not seeing that yet.

Experts have said that a LOT of people currently have this Virus but do not know they have it because the symptoms are so mild they can't even detect something is wrong with them

So this alone shows that we could have had hundreds of cases due to Carnival but nobody never knew

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » March 28th, 2020, 9:40 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Redman wrote:
aaron17 wrote:
Why aren't we?

We not seeing that yet.

Experts have said that a LOT of people currently have this Virus but do not know they have it because the symptoms are so mild they can't even detect something is wrong with them

So this alone shows that we could have had hundreds of cases due to Carnival but nobody never knew
I assume everyone has it already.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 28th, 2020, 9:43 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Morning friends,

Stop this.

A few you say? I does be all over the country from Toco to Point Fortin and Trini Men does every one of them does wash their hands for 3 seconds only women wash it for longer

It's an unfortunate side effect of our "ah want it fast now" culture. Everyone is always in a rush for everything and looking to cut a corner, so the corner they cut is the one they not used to doing so much or find is an inconvenience.
I tell my people, if after you wash your hands properly you don't have a paper towel or whatever to dry them, shake off as much water as you can and let them air dry. Yuh hands eh go melt and fall off if water remain on them for 2 minutes. Personally I prefer to let them air dry. Reduces the incidence of skin cracking, one of the negative effects of your skin drying out with frequent washing with soap and drying with paper towels. I also use a little alcohol based sanitizer on them while they drying, to catch anything the soap might have missed.

Fellas, be careful out dey, dis ting mashin ppl up from a side go across, and don't care how young or fit or healthy you feel you are. It may not kill YOU, but it WILL make you feel like you going and dead, and it could kill someone you know if you are unknowingly ill and you infect them. And always keep in mind, that this virus is HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS, much more contagious that the usual cold and flu.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 9:52 am

@88sins and the other thing to note some business places doesn't have any sink to wash your hands before you enter.

One mini mart up by me is like that but guess what they did they provided a bottle of hand sanitizer for you to use before you enter, I used it then I realized not only did it look wrong but it felt wrong when I smell my hands there was almost 0 alcohol in it, what they did was they put water in the bottle to stretch it and cost them less

What this is doing is making everybody touch that nasty infected bottle and spread it even more. I know they watered it down because I have the same brand and I know how powerful the alcohol smell is.

ANother thing most places that do put up a sink require you to touch the same knob to turn off the pipe and doesn't provide tissue paper, I NOT touching any fcking pipe after I wash my hands that defeats the blasted purpose of washing your hands

Is it so hard for people to use a little bit of commonsense and just install a foot activated pipe?

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 28th, 2020, 9:52 am

Meh doubles man closing off after tomorrow. He eh taking no chances with the ambiguity as to whether they fall under the "food as essentials" category. And if yuh see line by some of those groceries...:|
Last edited by hydroep on March 28th, 2020, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 28th, 2020, 9:57 am

^ good write up,

But we will never know how many of us have it unless we ramp up the testings.

It appears the Govt is only concerned with severe cases and not how rapid this is probably spreading.

We do not want to be in a relaxed state just because the numbers are low.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 28th, 2020, 10:01 am

Copper self-sterilizes against bacteria and viruses. But it takes 6 hours to kill 99.999% of microbes on its surfaces. Brass taps and door handles are best for these reasons in hospital settings.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 28th, 2020, 10:03 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Redman wrote:
aaron17 wrote:
Why aren't we?

We not seeing that yet.

Highly unlikely since you guys insist that there is no mild Corona-Some body have to get it bad.

Based on the numbers we have so far , (net of the covidiots that went cruisin(mudderkantidiots) and came back) our numbers of positives arent showing a basis for a mass infection during Carnival-Some of those would have already present as severe and dead.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 28th, 2020, 10:05 am

You think its possible that people can have corona cases so mild that they would just chalk it up to sahara dust and they would be back to normal?

People really have immune system so good out here?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 28th, 2020, 10:09 am

Guys how long again for the predicted “spike” ?

2 days ago we said a week....so we down to 5 days or we resetting to another week?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » March 28th, 2020, 10:21 am

MaxPower wrote:Guys how long again for the predicted “spike” ?

2 days ago we said a week....so we down to 5 days or we resetting to another week?
Or every 15 days?

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » March 28th, 2020, 10:29 am

I can't remember if I say this:

If you look up Dominican Republic, they have the highest spread of the virus ( I think)in the Caribbean and they confirmed that it is community spread.

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » March 28th, 2020, 10:43 am

We need for more testing to be done to determine community spread

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 28th, 2020, 10:47 am

Allyuh ever take in the suspected origins of the virus?
huanan seafood wholesale market aka wet market

Check out some vlogs and forums on that..

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”