TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7393 cases, 132 deaths, 331 active, 6930 recovered in T&T

Postby Kenjo » January 19th, 2021, 6:30 am

pugboy wrote:nobody come up with a n95 ac filter yet ?

adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:given this data that aerosols are much more likely than fomites (infected surfaces) too infect you shouldn't the Govt be mandating some type of ventilation for business under the 'new normal' protocols? the data shows zero cases linked to surfaces but some cases linked to aerosols.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html

I agree, all this nonsense of sanitizing places and wiping down sh*t have to stop. I fed up tell people for the get go that a virus like covid spreads in close quarters with poor ventilation.

My gym owner actually realized this and leaves to doors open, added a couple fans and leaves the AC one as well.

the AC is using fresh or recycled air?
You choose AC or fresh air in a building. You don't get both unless you leave some windows open.

Ac has filters but the infected person has to breathe out then between the air reaching from them to the ac you will breathe in between as another person . Everything is to minimize the risks not totally eliminate them

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7393 cases, 132 deaths, 331 active, 6930 recovered in T&T

Postby adnj » January 19th, 2021, 9:34 pm

Kenjo wrote:
pugboy wrote:nobody come up with a n95 ac filter yet ?

adnj wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
redmanjp wrote:given this data that aerosols are much more likely than fomites (infected surfaces) too infect you shouldn't the Govt be mandating some type of ventilation for business under the 'new normal' protocols? the data shows zero cases linked to surfaces but some cases linked to aerosols.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-10-28/a-room-a-bar-and-a-class-how-the-coronavirus-is-spread-through-the-air.html

I agree, all this nonsense of sanitizing places and wiping down sh*t have to stop. I fed up tell people for the get go that a virus like covid spreads in close quarters with poor ventilation.

My gym owner actually realized this and leaves to doors open, added a couple fans and leaves the AC one as well.

the AC is using fresh or recycled air?
You choose AC or fresh air in a building. You don't get both unless you leave some windows open.

Ac has filters but the infected person has to breathe out then between the air reaching from them to the ac you will breathe in between as another person . Everything is to minimize the risks not totally eliminate them
There are chemical/biological/nuclear air filtratration systems; if your office chooses to install them. Central AC can have HEPA and MERV filters with high filtration numbers; if the blower motor was designed for them. But there is no air conditioning system that ports fresh air into a room. HVAC systems can but you don't generally install HVAC in anything but a vehicle that is sold in the tropics.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7415 cases, 132 deaths, 338 active, 6945 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 21st, 2021, 1:32 pm

^those filters should be mandatory at least in restaurants and bars- otherwise limit dining to outdoors only especially as cases going up- plenty of evidence for much lower risk outdoors vs indoors provided social distancing is observed

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7415 cases, 132 deaths, 338 active, 6945 recovered in T&T

Postby Dizzy28 » January 21st, 2021, 1:53 pm

We really doh business with the local updates anymore??
Yesterday's update included one more death and 15 new cases.

rYBMJid1pTEzfZRc2t50lQZRMtxkCPtp8i5w1m4xltbciBqf8C.jpg

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7415 cases, 132 deaths, 338 active, 6945 recovered in T&T

Postby Dizzy28 » January 21st, 2021, 3:14 pm

This is interesting

T&T gets first case of UK Covid variant

141020408_4914703208571832_6468010199002945628_o.jpg

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » January 21st, 2021, 3:22 pm

this is where the sheit will hit the fan

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 21st, 2021, 3:39 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:this is where the sheit will hit the fan

Looking at the global stats this week to be reminded T&T are in the bottom quarter of countries for testing with even those highly developed countries of Equatorial Guinea and Rwanda above us.

How would we know if the shiet hit the fan?

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » January 21st, 2021, 3:40 pm

Na .. numbers low still .. ppl palancing. We good. Lol. #sarcasm

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 21st, 2021, 3:45 pm

I would say yes probably........I spoke to a couple of persons who returned recently and realized our quarantine procedures are a joke.

Firstly, I shall not say how I came across this information, but I can confirm that there were persons who tested positive in the 72 hours prior to travel, who then EDITED their PDF results to negative so that they could travel.

Secondly, persons are not tested after leaving the 7-day quarantine. One would have to assume this person actually was symptomatic and that's why he/she was tested while in quarantine.

In Barbados, all persons are tested after 3 days in quarantine and those from high-risk countries are asked to wait till their results are negative before leaving their quarantines.

This kind of slackness both on the state facilities and trinis is why we can't have nice things.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 21st, 2021, 3:48 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:

Looking at the global stats this week to be reminded T&T are in the bottom quarter of countries for testing with even those highly developed countries of Equatorial Guinea and Rwanda above us.

How would we know if the shiet hit the fan?

People would say when hospitals become overcrowded, however, speaking to my doctor friend in the UK, lockdowns have the effect of dramatically reducing other types of hospital visits...at least in the UK.

Only when covid reaches a lot of vulnerable ppl at the same time then hospital capacity becomes an issue. Right now, given our restrictions and fear, most people are relatively safe.

However, it takes just a few weeks to reach exponential growth......so interesting times ahead. Stay safe.

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » January 21st, 2021, 3:50 pm

With the sub par testing our numbers will stay low.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 21st, 2021, 4:04 pm

the test these folks walking with is a pdf ?

Dohplaydat wrote:

I would say yes probably........I spoke to a couple of persons who returned recently and realized our quarantine procedures are a joke.

Firstly, I shall not say how I came across this information, but I can confirm that there were persons who tested positive in the 72 hours prior to travel, who then EDITED their PDF results to negative so that they could travel.

Secondly, persons are not tested after leaving the 7-day quarantine. One would have to assume this person actually was symptomatic and that's why he/she was tested while in quarantine.

In Barbados, all persons are tested after 3 days in quarantine and those from high-risk countries are asked to wait till their results are negative before leaving their quarantines.

This kind of slackness both on the state facilities and trinis is why we can't have nice things.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 21st, 2021, 4:34 pm

pugboy wrote:the test these folks walking with is a pdf ?

Dohplaydat wrote:

even so. the lab doing it should have implemented security measures so u can't edit it-

i knew this would have happened sooner or later- what im worried about is why the hell they leaving the 7 days quarantine fo rall other high risk countries when this variant has been confirmed in what 50 or 60 countries by now? :shock:

i hope it eh reach vene but that's probably wishful thinking as it is in other suoth american countries- imagine venes coming in with this variant who not in any quarantine? :shock:

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 21st, 2021, 4:43 pm

as i said before - is march and april 2020 again - lockdown coming!

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7415 cases, 132 deaths, 338 active, 6945 recovered in T&T

Postby MaxPower » January 21st, 2021, 4:56 pm

Trinis asses are still too happy as their irresponsibility and refusal to comply with all safety measures puts them in a comfort zone.

Time to crack the whip for T&T to get serious.

Unfortunately those Trinis who genuinely care and meticulously comply will also suffer the same consequences as those not cooperating.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » January 21st, 2021, 10:21 pm

All this is a controlled release of information... the MoH know that we could get any strain from anywhere. This 7-day quarantine is a fig leaf in the same way the man with a thermal gun in the airport was a fig leaf. It not going to work and people paying attention know that, but the authorities want to keep up the lie we can stop these strains from coming on the island.

Remember that fig leaf when they told us the lockdown was for two weeks? They put out a notice telling bars they closed until July and when people took notice they say that was a typo and was really suppose to be two weeks. People paying attention by now should know the authorities telling us what they want us to hear and not the truth of the situation.

This pandemic not getting over anytime soon. We were told we getting enough vaccines 1/4 the population in December. We even get one vaccine right now? And take this from me and I will say it - months from now ordinary Trinidadians will be waiting at the back of the line for old vaccines while the new strains have taken over.

Even with the vaccine, nobody saying we can get back to normal. The MoH advise to to take the vaccine and keep wearing your mask. 4 years from now we will still be wearing masks and these pricks refusing to tell people the reality.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 21st, 2021, 10:32 pm

^ correct

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7450 cases, 133 deaths, 338 active, 6974 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 22nd, 2021, 10:26 am

it's a race between rollout of vaccines fast enough to dramatically reduce spread and the chance of more mutant strains, and the development of the strains themselves- the more ppl it spreads to the more likely it will mutate

i hope when it reaches we pull out all the stops - have not just every public hospital & health centre vaccinating ppl but every private one as well, pharmacies- setup additional vaccination centres in every stadium.

treat this like the emergency it is - the US and other places are doing these things

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7450 cases, 133 deaths, 338 active, 6974 recovered in T&T

Postby MaxPower » January 22nd, 2021, 11:10 am

IMG_6284.JPG

Happy Friday Trinis,

Friyay? TGIF?

Where the ZESS at? Beach? Bar? Backyard?

Where the mask at? Home? Below chin? on the ground? in the pocket? On when police around?

Enjoy allyuh self man, things nice.

Damn jackasses.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7450 cases, 133 deaths, 338 active, 6974 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » January 22nd, 2021, 5:27 pm

damn

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55768627

Coronavirus: UK variant 'may be more deadly'
Early evidence suggests the variant of coronavirus that emerged in the UK may be more deadly, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said.

However, there remains huge uncertainty around the numbers - and vaccines are still expected to work.

The data comes from mathematicians comparing death rates in people infected with either the new or the old versions of the virus.

The new more infectious variant has already spread widely across the UK.

Mr Johnson told a Downing Street briefing: "In addition to spreading more quickly, it also now appears that there is some evidence that the new variant - the variant that was first identified in London and the south east - may be associated with a higher degree of mortality.

"It's largely the impact of this new variant that means the NHS is under such intense pressure."

UK R number 'between 0.8 and 1'
Public Health England, Imperial College London, the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the University of Exeter have each been trying to assess how deadly the new variant is.

Their evidence has been assessed by scientists on the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group (Nervtag).

The group concluded there was a "realistic possibility" that the virus had become more deadly, but this is far from certain.

Sir Patrick Vallance, the government's chief scientific adviser, described the data so far as "not yet strong".

He said: "I want to stress that there's a lot of uncertainty around these numbers and we need more work to get a precise handle on it, but it obviously is a concern that this has an increase in mortality as well as an increase in transmissibility."

Previous work suggests the new variant spreads between 30% and 70% faster than others, and there are hints it is about 30% more deadly.

For example, with 1,000 60-year-olds infected with the old variant, 10 of them might be expected to die. But this rises to about 13 with the new variant.

This difference is found when looking at everyone testing positive for Covid, but analysing only hospital data has found no increase in the death rate. Hospital care has improved over the course of the pandemic as doctors get better at treating the disease.

The new variant was first detected in Kent in September. It is now the most common form of the virus in England and Northern Ireland, and has spread to more than 50 other countries.

The Pfizer and Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine are both expected to work against the variant that emerged in the UK.

However, Sir Patrick said there was more concern about two other variants that had emerged in South Africa and Brazil.

He said: "They have certain features which means they might be less susceptible to vaccines.

"They are definitely of more concern than the one in the UK at the moment and we need to keep looking at it and studying this very carefully."

The prime minister said the government was prepared to take further action to protect the country's borders to prevent new variants from entering.

"I really don't rule it out, we may need to take further measures still," he said.

Last week the government extended a travel ban to South America, Portugal and many African countries amid concerns about new variants, while all international travellers must now test negative ahead of departure to the UK and go into quarantine on arrival.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 22nd, 2021, 6:31 pm

2 repatriated nationals positive
like the tests they taking abroad before flying in bogus or wha

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 22nd, 2021, 6:47 pm

pugboy wrote:2 repatriated nationals positive
like the tests they taking abroad before flying in bogus or wha

2 tests required. the viral load may be too low in some ppl during the first test to be detected but the person could still be infected so a test on day 5 or later is needed

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7450 cases, 133 deaths, 338 active, 6974 recovered in T&T

Postby MaxPower » January 22nd, 2021, 6:52 pm

Team,

Covid19 remains ahead of us.

It continues to outsmart us in understanding its behavior.

The most we can do at this stage is to strictly comply with all guidelines.

Easier said than done and we are failing.

I beg you all to keep yourselves sanitized, wear your PPE, keep your distances and stay home whenever you can.

Come on Trinis you need to do better.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 22nd, 2021, 6:54 pm

did she break quarantine? was seen at a rally, the flight came back on the 11th. 11+14=25th January.

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/shamfa-sister-get-exemption-to-travel-and-return/article_7fe1d7be-5101-11eb-bf95-5fc3905a1fef.html

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 22nd, 2021, 7:07 pm

redmanjp wrote:did she break quarantine? was seen at a rally, the flight came back on the 11th. 11+14=25th January.

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/shamfa-sister-get-exemption-to-travel-and-return/article_7fe1d7be-5101-11eb-bf95-5fc3905a1fef.html

If true yes that's a breach of her quarantine

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 22nd, 2021, 7:15 pm

all animals equal, some are more equal than others

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 22nd, 2021, 8:35 pm

Trinis are breeching quarantine orders.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » January 22nd, 2021, 9:05 pm

redmanjp wrote:damn

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55768627

Coronavirus: UK variant 'may be more deadly'
Early evidence suggests the variant of coronavirus that emerged in the UK may be more deadly, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said.

this is a classic controlled release of information.

First deny, deny, deny.
Wait a few weeks,
Admit to some of it but strongly deny the rest
wait a few more weeks,
Admit a little bit more later on, maybe even admit everything.
But by that time, people would already lost interest.

So we gone from no variants, to a variant being more infectious but not more deadly, to now yes it is more deadly but vaccines should still work.

These are the next steps in my analysis. I have a good history of predicting these things. Keith can tell you.

#1 -for the vaccine to be declared less effective, but still workable.
#2 -for us to get a whole mess of different variants everywhere across the world with varying degrees of infectiousness, lethality, vaccine resistance and response to current treatments.

The sky will not fall down tho. That part I am sure about.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”