TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 107 discharged in T&T

Postby adnj » May 20th, 2020, 10:25 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
FrankChag wrote:Thought the main risk was opening boarders to the US.. covid-infected (new) illegal Venezuelans is a risk I honestly didn't consider until now.

Anyone has any hard facts on whether that is being better managed now?
(ie, Venezuelans coming in illegally, icacos border control, etc)

Misspelling border seems to be quite common place here and on social media. A boarder is
1. A person who receives regular meals when staying somewhere, in return for payment or services.
2. A pupil who lives in school during term time
3. A person who forces their way on to a ship in an attack

The boundaries of the country is Border.

It is quite common in all English writing to confuse "boarder" with "border." In fact, it was spelled correctly the second time in your quoted post.

Also, your use of "border" should not be capitalized.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » May 20th, 2020, 10:38 am

adnj wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
FrankChag wrote:Thought the main risk was opening boarders to the US.. covid-infected (new) illegal Venezuelans is a risk I honestly didn't consider until now.

Misspelling border seems to be quite common place here and on social media. A boarder is
1. A person who receives regular meals when staying somewhere, in return for payment or services.

It is quite common in all English writing to confuse "boarder" with "border." In fact, it was spelled correctly the second time in your quoted post.

Also, your use of "border" should not be capitalized.

Touche!!

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 20th, 2020, 11:42 am

Something practical and honest from the :
Head of the Infectious Disease Clinic, University of Maryland,
USA:

1. We may have to live with C19 for months or years. Let's not deny it or panic. Let's not make our lives useless. Let's learn to live with this fact.

2. You can't destroy C19 viruses that have penetrated cell walls, drinking gallons of hot water - you'll just go to the bathroom more often.

3. Washing hands and maintaining a
two-metre physical distance is the best method for your protection.

4. If you don't have a C19 patient at home, there's no need to disinfect the surfaces at your house.

5. Packaged cargo, gas pumps, shopping carts and ATMs do not cause infection.
Wash your hands, live your life as usual.

6. C19 is not a food infection. It is associated with drops of infection like the ‘flu. There is no demonstrated risk that C19 is transmitted by ordering food.

7. You can lose your sense of smell with a lot of allergies and viral infections. This is only a non-specific symptom of C19.

8. Once at home, you don't need to change your clothes urgently and go shower!
Purity is a virtue, paranoia is not!

9. The C19 virus doesn't hang in the air. This is a respiratory droplet infection that requires close contact.

10. The air is clean, you can walk through the gardens (just keeping your physical protection distance), through parks.

11. It is sufficient to use normal soap against C19, not antibacterial soap. This is a virus, not a bacteria.

12. You don't have to worry about your food orders. But you can heat it all up in the microwave, if you wish.

13. The chances of bringing C19 home with your shoes is like being struck by lightning twice in a day. I've been working against viruses for 20 years - drop infections don't spread like that!

14. You can't be protected from the virus by taking vinegar, sugarcane juice and ginger! These are for immunity not a cure.

◦ 15. Wearing a mask for long periods interferes with your breathing and oxygen levels. Wear it only in crowds.

16. Wearing gloves is also a bad idea; the virus can accumulate into the glove and be easily transmitted if you touch your face. Better just to wash your hands regularly.

17. Immunity is greatly weakened by always staying in a sterile environment. Even if you eat immunity boosting foods, please go out of your house regularly to any park/beach.
Immunity is increased by EXPOSURE TO PATHOGENS, not by sitting at home and consuming fried/spicy/sugary food and aerated drinks.

Trinis especially, take note

Not that most of allyuh care because of that stink mentality, but for those like me who care.

Rajeevr84
Street 2NR

Postby Rajeevr84 » May 20th, 2020, 11:54 am

Venezuela's cases appear to be increasing.

This is a bit cluttered but you can see it.

Their testing seems to be on point too, one of the highest rates in the region.

We should note that cases in South America are very high right now and with our porous borders, there is a reasonable risk of having Venezuelans bring Covid into Trinidad.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » May 20th, 2020, 12:11 pm

oui, thx for your service..

{{ftr, i know the difference as you might have seen, i spelt it correctly the 2nd time in the same post.
zills of hrs of css debugging in my young days would certainly have forced me to memorize it, if my cxc English didn't already catch it. The problem is posting in the wee hrs of the morning, multiplied by my brain jus telling my fingers the words, and them doing their own thing.. happens.. }}

Dizzy28 wrote:

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » May 20th, 2020, 12:13 pm

Probably due to more testing.

Well done on the anim charts btw; pretty sweet dash.

Rajeevr84 wrote:Venezuela's cases appear to be increasing.

This is a bit cluttered but you can see it.

Their testing seems to be on point too, one of the highest rates in the region.

We should note that cases in South America are very high right now and with our porous borders, there is a reasonable risk of having Venezuelans bring Covid into Trinidad.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 20th, 2020, 12:15 pm

we provide them with free healthcare so we welcome them with open arms
caura and couva empty

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » May 20th, 2020, 12:15 pm

20200520_121250.jpeg
20200520_121301.jpeg

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 20th, 2020, 12:25 pm

pugboy wrote:we provide them with free healthcare so we welcome them with open arms
caura and couva empty

Hello pugboy,

That’s right.

Empty or full T&T WILL accept and care for them.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 107 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » May 20th, 2020, 12:44 pm

K74T wrote:
20200520_121301.jpeg
20200520_121250.jpeg

Kudos and all hats off to the TTCG for rescuing these poor Venezuelans who are humbly seeking a better life.

In times of economical/pandemic crises, humanity, sympathy and leniency should be extended to these Venezuelans. I am confident that the T&T government, with the help of tax payers money ofcourse, will ensure the safety and comfort of our guests.

More than likely they will be allowed to enter the country AND register. What’s that? They will send them back? Yeh ok, believe everything you read in the papers. It happens quite often actually.

My concern is however, sorry i mean allyuh concern should be the Venezuelans coming here with the virus. Buy HEY, nothing at all to worry about because we have SD and hygienic measures in place that everyone is complying with.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 20th, 2020, 12:53 pm

K74T wrote:
Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 12.52.16 PM.jpg

was wondering if quarantine actions were being taken at Cedros
at least it's done for the ones coming through the port.
the rest... well.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 20th, 2020, 12:54 pm

hope we ready for the real "first wave" now

lewwe see if living waters change up how they deal with accepting these folks now
living waters is mainly run by older retired folks who most at risk from c19

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » May 20th, 2020, 1:02 pm

Prepare yourselves, I expect a 2 week extension now. Not enough money making.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 20th, 2020, 1:04 pm

yes a minimum as those officers need to be cleared and well of course our guests from the mainland

Ted_v2 wrote:Prepare yourselves, I expect a 2 week extension now. Not enough money making.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » May 20th, 2020, 1:27 pm

I an not sure if what the coast guard did was in keeping with protocols and possibly jeopardizing the entire nation. Couldn't they have just tossed them some life jackets and called the Venezuelan authorities to come for their people? Imagine if we enter another lock down and hardworking nationals go back on the breadline because of selfish aliens who couldn't stay in their own infected country. Imagine our own tax paying citizens weren't allowed to come home for so many weeks because the boarders were 'closed' but you have aliens coming in here to infect the entire country and leech off our hospitality and generosity at the expense of our own citizens. Maybe now the coast guard will realize the gravity of the situation and properly patrol our boarders keeping it safe for OUR citizens. From the minute they spot a boatload of immigrants if they offload a volley of warning shots into the water from a 7.62 caliber GPMG you'll see how quickly they'll head back to Venezuela. And if it's found a Trini was piloting the boat leave him there as well, as far as I'm concerned he could never be a freedom loving patriot and do that
Last edited by alfa on May 20th, 2020, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 20th, 2020, 1:40 pm

so delcy and dem really do 600k tests ?

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » May 20th, 2020, 1:56 pm

think venes read tt news?

"los coast-guardos quarentineos por dos semanas! vamonos! Arriba, Arriba! ¡Ándale, Ándale!"

//sorry,,,, 2 in spanish.......[i heart caracas irl mucho mucho]

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 20th, 2020, 2:09 pm

alfa wrote:I an not sure if what the coast guard did was in keeping with protocols and possibly jeopardizing the entire nation. Couldn't they have just tossed them some life jackets and called the Venezuelan authorities to come for their people? Imagine if we enter another lock down and hardworking nationals go back on the breadline because of selfish aliens who couldn't stay in their own infected country

Hardworking who what?

We can’t just throw life jackets in their face bro. Remember these Venezuelans would more than likely be exhausted and require vital supplies and medical attention. T&T has the accommodation for them and will always have....this is what the “land of paradise” does not so? This is what happy countries do. And if they are infected then so what? We have the facilities readily available for them. They are not jeopardizing the nation, Trinis jeopardize themselves.

And I wont say they are selfish bro, they are just looking for a new home due to their situation. It’s like your countrymen boldly planting themselves illegally in America. You would like it if Uncle Same kick them, slap them around and treat them like sheit, and tell Keith to come for his droppings after they cry racism?

As your PM said, “We’re better than that”.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 20th, 2020, 2:27 pm

alfa wrote:I an not sure if what the coast guard did was in keeping with protocols and possibly jeopardizing the entire nation. Couldn't they have just tossed them some life jackets and called the Venezuelan authorities to come for their people?[/b] Imagine if we enter another lock down and hardworking nationals go back on the breadline because of selfish aliens who couldn't stay in their own infected country

That's a breach of international maritime laws.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 20th, 2020, 4:06 pm

MaxPower wrote:
alfa wrote:I an not sure if what the coast guard did was in keeping with protocols and possibly jeopardizing the entire nation. Couldn't they have just tossed them some life jackets and called the Venezuelan authorities to come for their people? Imagine if we enter another lock down and hardworking nationals go back on the breadline because of selfish aliens who couldn't stay in their own infected country

Hardworking who what?

We can’t just throw life jackets in their face bro. Remember these Venezuelans would more than likely be exhausted and require vital supplies and medical attention. T&T has the accommodation for them and will always have....this is what the “land of paradise” does not so? This is what happy countries do. And if they are infected then so what? We have the facilities readily available for them. They are not jeopardizing the nation, Trinis jeopardize themselves.

And I wont say they are selfish bro, they are just looking for a new home due to their situation. It’s like your countrymen boldly planting themselves illegally in America. You would like it if Uncle Same kick them, slap them around and treat them like sheit, and tell Keith to come for his droppings after they cry racism?

Trinis aren't hardworking, but it's always the Venezuelans who are coming here, never the other way around.

It seems maybe the Venezuelans should adopt the Trini mentality and be more lackadaisical since apparently being hardworking turned their country into a place where people eat roadkill and garbage.

Rajeevr84
Street 2NR

Postby Rajeevr84 » May 20th, 2020, 4:11 pm

pugboy wrote:so delcy and dem really do 600k tests ?

Venezuela's stats are quite odd, they've got the second-lowest positive test rate in the world, second to Vietnam.

I'm not saying they're manipulating their stats, but the world average positive test rate is 7.7% and Venezuela's is 0.12%. This is a little odd and a bit disconcerting, but not surprising given that is it Venezuela after all.

Glad you guys appreciate the graphs.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 20th, 2020, 4:25 pm

To do 600k tests would be a monumental effort, requiring govt forced lines of folks to come out.
I calling bs on Delcy and dem.

My sister is a pharmacist in Houston and they pushing to get everybody tested for free with drive up testing Etc.
Even with that, her group could only get 100 or so a day.
Not to mention the time it takes for results.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 116 cases, 8 deaths, 107 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » May 20th, 2020, 4:51 pm

teems1 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hardworking who what?

Trinis aren't hardworking, but it's always the Venezuelans who are coming here, never the other way around.

It seems maybe the Venezuelans should adopt the Trini mentality and be more lackadaisical since apparently being hardworking turned their country into a place where people eat roadkill and garbage.

Hello teems1,

A very valid statement.

You are correct, Venezuelans are lazy even in their own country. But they come here and are working harder than these little Trini boys. We, the business community, are only concerned with their job output, not what happens in Venezuela. Employers always say, do not bring your home to the workplace.

So imagine Venes working hard here, getting the job done WAY better than Trinis and people so jealous they resort to bringing up their homeland customs.

Yuh know broski, is the same for Trinis annoyingly overstaying in America. They have no choice but to work hard, all kinda 2, 3 jobs..and they HAVE to perform or else you know what. But back home....LAZY AF.

It rel simple to understand isnt it? People just dont like to hear reality when someone tells them as is.

You have any comments/questions?

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » May 20th, 2020, 5:13 pm

MaxPower wrote:
teems1 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hardworking who what?

Hello teems1,

A very valid statement.

You are correct, Venezuelans are lazy even in their own country. But they come here and are working harder than these little Trini boys. We, the business community, are only concerned with their job output, not what happens in Venezuela. Employers always say, do not bring your home to the workplace.

So imagine Venes working hard here, getting the job done WAY better than Trinis and people so jealous they resort to bringing up their homeland customs.

Yuh know broski, is the same for Trinis annoyingly overstaying in America. They have no choice but to work hard, all kinda 2, 3 jobs..and they HAVE to perform or else you know what. But back home....LAZY AF.

It rel simple to understand isnt it? People just dont like to hear reality when someone tells them as is.

The whole "hard working" is for those fresh off the boat, or until their papers are sorted. The 2nd and 3rd generations will be just as lazy as the regular Trinis.

Right now Trinis (the business community) are taking advantage of Venezuelan workers, paying them below minimum wage while working them long hours in the hot sun with no breaks.

We all knew thought that massa day done, but now look who has become the massa.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 20th, 2020, 5:31 pm

teems1 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
teems1 wrote:
MaxPower wrote:

Hardworking who what?

Hello teems1,

A very valid statement.

The whole "hard working" is for those fresh off the boat, or until their papers are sorted. The 2nd and 3rd generations will be just as lazy as the regular Trinis.

Right now Trinis (the business community) are taking advantage of Venezuelan workers, paying them below minimum wage while working them long hours in the hot sun with no breaks.

We all knew thought that massa day done, but now look who has become the massa.

Hmmm what you say is true, very true.

I’ve noticed that Venezuelans do start working very hard initially and then after they build and start getting comfortable, the output is reduced.

But i must say, many businesses prefer a lazy Vene over a lazy Trini any day and are even willing to pay the Vene more.

I dont agree with the Exploitation and i encourage all Venezuelans to speak out and stand up to the employer scum out there.

FordeG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FordeG » May 20th, 2020, 5:36 pm

Venezuelans are unpatriotic scum who are seeking to steal our God given resources after they squandered theirs away.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 20th, 2020, 5:56 pm

FordeG wrote:Venezuelans are unpatriotic scum who are seeking to steal our God given resources after they squandered theirs away.

Actually no eh uncle,

If things get better in Venezuela, they will go back home.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 20th, 2020, 8:18 pm

FordeG wrote:Venezuelans are unpatriotic scum who are seeking to steal our God given resources after they squandered theirs away.

our greatest resource is human capital. People that are ambitious and work hard are good for the country.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 20th, 2020, 9:40 pm

Gladiator wrote:
alfa wrote:I an not sure if what the coast guard did was in keeping with protocols and possibly jeopardizing the entire nation. Couldn't they have just tossed them some life jackets and called the Venezuelan authorities to come for their people?[/b] Imagine if we enter another lock down and hardworking nationals go back on the breadline because of selfish aliens who couldn't stay in their own infected country

even in a locally & WHO declared health emergency?

did the officers, being close to a port of entry not have PPE (N95s, not cloth masks) ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 20th, 2020, 9:44 pm

Good question, but the news report kinda downplayed everything saying all is well
But “some officers will be self isolating”

I guarantee no officer jumping on no vene boat just so again or pulling them onto their boat.

redmanjp wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

even in a locally & WHO declared health emergency?

did the officers, being close to a port of entry not have PPE (N95s, not cloth masks) ?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”