TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 8596 cases, 148 deaths, 630 active, 7818 recovered in T&T

Postby pugboy » April 15th, 2021, 6:36 pm

second waves proving to be very difficult to manage around the world and likewise will be here

simply because ppl getting lax, spread is widespread and no longer geographically limited
and more so a false sense of security with the few vaccines being handed out

and lets not forget those who above the law and going to arm wrestling limes and being wrong and strong about it

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 8596 cases, 148 deaths, 630 active, 7818 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » April 15th, 2021, 6:59 pm

Ian: PM is d superspreader by sending 50000 ppl tobago.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 15th, 2021, 7:14 pm

The PM send ppl Tobago? I book my trip since January. The PM send ppl to Mayaro for them to drown too?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 15th, 2021, 7:15 pm

DMan7 wrote:Only 5 people in ICU at the moment though.

Thanks for this, i was wrong. I assumed it was higher given that it was at 5 almost a week ago. And given that hospitalisations have basically doubled in a week,i thought it would have been higher.

That said, the 4 recent deaths probably lessened that too.

Either way, there are 6 ICU units at Couva and 2 at Caura. We're very close to our max capacity.
Last edited by Dohplaydat on April 15th, 2021, 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 15th, 2021, 7:21 pm

It's very possible we can be worst than Jamaica and Barbados by summer.
Screenshot_20210415_192149.jpg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 15th, 2021, 7:29 pm

didn't they take off arima hospital a month ago? they need to reverse that now

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » April 15th, 2021, 8:11 pm

5 in ICU and 5 in HDU is ... not good.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 15th, 2021, 8:26 pm

paid_influencer wrote:5 in ICU and 5 in HDU is ... not good.
Habit7 say we good

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 15th, 2021, 8:41 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 say we good

He must sell that lie because PNM insists on keeping the borders closed as if that is what saving us.

Meanwhile, Barbados and Jamaica cases going doing and we're projected to be in a far worse off position.

Meanwhile, tiny Barbados with 5X less people are vaccinating close to 3000 persons a day, while we struggling to break 2500 a day.

No urgency, no efficiency, just PNM wastage and incompetance

CleanShot 2021-04-15 at 8.36.24@2x.png

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 15th, 2021, 8:56 pm

From April 6th to April 15th 486 persons have tested positive. It seems like this is the start of another wave.
Wondering if the PM will accept responsibility since he told everyone to go to Tobago.
Unfortunately more lives will be lost.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 15th, 2021, 9:09 pm

wtf wrote:From April 6th to April 15th 486 persons have tested positive. It seems like this is the start of another wave.
Wondering if the PM will accept responsibility since he told everyone to go to Tobago.

The outbreak is due to:

1. No widespread testing to make any meaningful insight into whether covid-19 was increasing.

2. When the data arrived CMO literally said on March 22nd (3 and half weeks ago) we are on the verge of a serious outbreak. The time to lockdown was then. The CMO wouldn't even have said it unless he was sure, so he probably even knew days before.
https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/tt-on-v ... 2e322c2b67

3. We learned nothing from Barbados. They had an out-of-control outbreak and they clamped down hard and stopped it. We needed to do that 3 weeks ago.

We dropped the ball again on covid and Habit7 and the likes will praise this incompetence.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 15th, 2021, 9:12 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
wtf wrote:From April 6th to April 15th 486 persons have tested positive. It seems like this is the start of another wave.

The outbreak is due to:

1. No widespread testing to make any meaningful insight into whether covid-19 was increasing.

2. When the data arrived CMO literally said on March 22nd (3 and half weeks ago) we are on the verge of a serious outbreak. The time to lockdown was then. The CMO wouldn't even have said it unless he was sure, so he probably even knew days before.

3. We learned nothing from Barbados. They had an out-of-control outbreak and they clamped down hard and stopped it. We needed to do that 3 weeks ago.

We dropped the ball again on covid and Habit7 and the likes will praise this incompetence.
The PM is responsible for this upsurge.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » April 15th, 2021, 9:56 pm

back on topic, here's a nice trip report

I'm on day 7 with covid, and it's been hell. This virus is no joke. Since my symptoms were many and everchanging I thought I'd write them down here divided by days. My symptoms first appeared Tuesday, April 6th. For context, I'm a 33 year old man in decent shape and fairly active. I don't get badly sick often, I'm a pretty healthy dude who eats fruits and veggies and likes to work outside in my lawn. I have a wife and two children aged 2 and 4.

April 5th: Symptons: none
I felt fine and had no idea I was a carrier. I attended work for 11 hours and basically exposed tons of people to covid. I was intimate with my wife. I feel really bad about this but I had no way of knowing I was sick.

April 6th: Symptoms: fever, headache, aches, chills, fatigue
At 4am I woke up with a fever, headache, and aches. I felt horrible. At 9am I drove down to an UrgentCare and took a rapid test to see if I had covid. Then I went home an laid in bed while my wife watched the kids. At 330pm the UrgentCare called me and told me the test was a negative but I should take a PCR test (the 2 day lab test) because rapid tests don't work that well. For the entire day I felt very feverish and fatigued, with deep muscle aches that went throughout my entire body. Sometimes my fingers and toes would ache, and my eyes always ached. My wife has an appointment to get her vaccine this day and she goes and gets shot #1, possibly exposing people at the vaccine center to covid.

April 7th: Symptoms: fever, headache, aches, chills, fatigue
Same symptoms as Tuesday but more so. This day I drove to my doctor and she took a PCR test. She also prescribed antibiotics, in case I didn't have covid but had a sinus infection (I get sinus infections in spring). I'm basically unable to move or accomplish anything at this point. I feel terrible. The aches are total body and completely debilitating. The fever is up to 102 degrees and I'm alternating between sweating and freezing every 30 minutes. If this is a sinus infection, it's the worst one I've ever had. The wife feels poorly, but she's assuming it's from the vaccine shot.

April 8th: Symptoms: fever, headache, aches, chills, fatigue
Same as the 7th. My wife now feel VERY ill, the same as I felt on the 6th. This is a bad sign. I made an effort to "burn it out" by mowing the lawn in the sun. It took me about 2 hours to do a 30 minute section of lawn and I was completely spent afterwards. Walking up and down the stairs is exhausting. I finished the Chernobyl show on HBO, that's a pretty good show.

April 9th: Symptoms: fever, headache, aches, chills, fatigue
My doctor calls me at 830am to tell me I am covid positive, to my shock. I didn't think it was going to happen to me. Me and my wife both feel insane fatigue, which makes watching the children really difficult. We start buckling down for a long haul trapped at home. I basically haven't eaten since the 6th.

April 10-12: Symptoms: extreme back pain and aches, fatigue, diarrhea, light fever
The back aches are so bad. I didn't expect them. I'm laying on the floor writhing around because I can't find a position that makes me feel better. I'm still feverish and miserable. The kids are so loud. We let them watch so much Paw Patrol. These days are a blur they were so terrible. Without the kids I think I would have just slept the entire 3 days, but with kids that luxury is gone. The wife feels roughly the same as me, but a day behind.

April 13: Symptoms: extreme fatigue, aches, diarrhea
I'm starting to feel the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't feel better but I feel a lot less worse, which is encouraging. I'm really hungry but I can't eat for some reason. It's weird how covid makes you want to do something but then you don't actually DO it. I think about watching movies or playing video games but I don't ever actually do it. It's like the virus sucks the motivation right out of you.

April 14: Symptoms: bad smells, fatigue, diarrhea
There's a terrible puke smell that's coming from inside my nose (??!). It's really gross. I'm feeling a lot better, but still pretty fatigued.

I have 3 more days of quarantine. I'd love to put more details in here, but I have to go to the bathroom again and crap water. This virus SUCKS.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 16th, 2021, 8:28 am

wtf wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

The outbreak is due to:

The increase in infections is more likely due to a continuing bidirectional flow of Venezuelan immigrants.

The projected infection curves between Trinidad and Venezuela have been in synch for some time.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 16th, 2021, 8:32 am

adnj wrote:
wtf wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

The outbreak is due to:

The increase in infections is more likely due to a continuing bidirectional flow of Venezuelan immigrants.

The projected infection curves between Trinidad and Venezuela have been in synch for some time.

But pastor Habit7 and the red dummies say we good

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 16th, 2021, 9:24 am

adnj wrote:
wtf wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

The outbreak is due to:

Very interesting find...but I'd think there would have to be a large regular flow of Venezuelans for that to be so insync?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 16th, 2021, 9:39 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
adnj wrote:
wtf wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

The outbreak is due to:

Very interesting find...but I'd think there would have to be a large regular flow of Venezuelans for that to be so insync?

Are you asking or making a statement?

The number of people leaving (and returning to) Venezuela is not decreasing. It is expected to in crease. This particular issue disproportionately affects TTO when compared to most other Caribbean islands.

New Report Warns Number of Venezuelan Refugees and Migrants could Rise to 7 million in 2021

December 30, 2020

A new report prepared by the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (OAS) warns that the number of Venezuelan refugees and migrants could rise to 7 million in 2021 if the countries of the region reopen their borders and the regime in Venezuela remains in place.

The Situation Report , prepared by the Office of the OAS General Secretariat for this crisis, headed by David Smolansky, presents a balance of the year 2020 for Venezuelan refugees and migrants. Among the report's findings, it highlights that:

• The Covid-19 pandemic worsened the Venezuelan migration crisis in 2020. Although the outflow slowed down due to border closures and mandatory confinement, these measures increased the difficulties faced by Venezuelan migrants and refugees and, therefore, the challenges of care, protection and integration.
• The conditions of vulnerability in which Venezuelan migrants arrive in host countries are increasingly critical after the deepening crisis in Venezuela.
• The remains of 33 Venezuelan migrants who fled their country by sea, including minors, have been found on the maritime border between Venezuela and Trinidad and Tobago.
• If borders reopen in the first quarter of 2021 and the illegitimate regime in Venezuela continues in power, the number of migrants and refugees could rise to 7 million.

https://www.oas.org/en/media_center/pre ... o=E-128/20

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 8678 cases, 150 deaths, 685 active, 7843 recovered in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » April 16th, 2021, 10:10 am

I was asking but fair enough it makes some sense as well. I was thinking there'd be some lag, but actually, the graph does show it.

This is a very dangerous situation especially if it's the more deadly and infectious UK/Brazilian variants.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 8678 cases, 150 deaths, 685 active, 7843 recovered in T&T

Postby adnj » April 16th, 2021, 11:43 am

Dohplaydat wrote:I was asking but fair enough it makes some sense as well. I was thinking there'd be some lag, but actually, the graph does show it.

This is a very dangerous situation especially if it's the more deadly and infectious UK/Brazilian variants.
As the number of immigrants increases, the number of human interfaces for remittances of cash and goods, along with the immigrants themselves increases. The relationship between trade and disease during pandemics is very widely studied.

There is no reason to assume that the virus mutations have not already landed.

"The creation of trade networks involved roads between points, and these roads many times became well-traveled. Not only were goods transported over these roads, but people also shared knowledge, ideas, religious practices, and even illness in some cases."

https://www.transplace.com/knowledge-ba ... ent-times/

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 16th, 2021, 12:38 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 say we good

He must sell that lie because PNM insists on keeping the borders closed as if that is what saving us.

What the hell?

You are the one who I had to challenge your lie that "hospitalizations and ICU utilization are at an all-time high." I never said that we are good.

ZR lying is nothing new, he is a troll. But accusing me of lying even when you are constantly using generic projections of TT covid-19 which you say are not definitive yet you are using it definitively.

You are like a meteorologist who instead of studying the multiple projected tracks for a hurricane, you are using one and believe everybody should only look at where that track says the hurricane should land.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 16th, 2021, 12:49 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 say we good

What the hell?

You are the one who I had to challenge your lie that "hospitalizations and ICU utilization are at an all-time high." I never said that we are good.

ZR lying is nothing new, he is a troll. But accusing me of lying even when you are constantly using generic projections of TT covid-19 which you say are not definitive yet you are using it definitively.

You are like a meteorologist who instead of studying the multiple projected tracks for a hurricane, you are using one and believe everybody should only look at where that track says the hurricane should land.

Are you really in the face of this colossal fack up, actively aided and abetted by JUHN Scarfy (Tobago iz de place tuh be"!) and the LFD RFD PNM, saying that we're in any way ok? End of march CMO stated clearly we were on the VERGE of a huge spike. What did dotish JUHn Scarfy and Salt War do? Nothing! Now that the spike is fully upon us, it's lockdown, when the virus spread is not only increasing, but spreading out geographically. Easter, like Carnival, GE should have been closed! No Tobago, No Maracas, No Mayaro nothing!

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 16th, 2021, 1:04 pm

De Dragon wrote:Are you really in the face of this colossal fack up, actively aided and abetted by JUHN Scarfy (Tobago iz de place tuh be"!) and the LFD RFD PNM, saying that we're in any way ok? End of march CMO stated clearly we were on the VERGE of a huge spike. What did dotish JUHn Scarfy and Salt War do? Nothing! Now that the spike is fully upon us, it's lockdown, when the virus spread is not only increasing, but spreading out geographically. Easter, like Carnival, GE should have been closed! No Tobago, No Maracas, No Mayaro nothing!

Apparently, the ignorant and uninformed only heard the one offhand comment that Tobago is a great place for a vacation, and not the several appeals to act carefully and violate the covid-19 protocols.

This ignoramus is lamenting that the economy should have been lockdown, rendering more financial hardship and social distress to ppl whose least concern is a virus with a 97% survival rate.
While the business associations and Opposition are demanding justification for why there have been restrictions after what is clearly a spike in our infections.

One person is saying rather than ppl exercise freedom while following proper protocols, we should have just curtailed freedoms.
Another person is saying the increasing threat to our healthcare is not as important as our livelihood.

Moral: you can't please everybody

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 16th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 say we good

What the hell?

You are a god damm liar and a red government suck balls.

Everyone on tuner knows you always changing your fables. Dumbass

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 16th, 2021, 1:24 pm

Habit7 wrote:
What the hell?

Habit7, I admitted I was wrong about the ICUs, but we are dangerously close to having them maxed out if they aren't already.

We are not in a good situation, whether you want to admit it or not.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 16th, 2021, 1:30 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
What the hell?

Habit7, I admitted I was wrong about the ICUs, but we are dangerously close to having them maxed out if they aren't already.

You need to admit that you lied. I never said we were good.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 16th, 2021, 1:36 pm

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Are you really in the face of this colossal fack up, actively aided and abetted by JUHN Scarfy (Tobago iz de place tuh be"!) and the LFD RFD PNM, saying that we're in any way ok? End of march CMO stated clearly we were on the VERGE of a huge spike. What did dotish JUHn Scarfy and Salt War do? Nothing! Now that the spike is fully upon us, it's lockdown, when the virus spread is not only increasing, but spreading out geographically. Easter, like Carnival, GE should have been closed! No Tobago, No Maracas, No Mayaro nothing!

Apparently, the ignorant and uninformed only heard the one offhand comment that Tobago is a great place for a vacation, and not the several appeals to act carefully and violate the covid-19 protocols.

This ignoramus is lamenting that the economy should have been lockdown, rendering more financial hardship and social distress to ppl whose least concern is a virus with a 97% survival rate.
While the business associations and Opposition are demanding justification for why there have been restrictions after what is clearly a spike in our infections.

One person is saying rather than ppl exercise freedom while following proper protocols, we should have just curtailed freedoms.
Another person is saying the increasing threat to our healthcare is not as important as our livelihood.

Moral: you can't please everybody

Ignorant and uninformed??
You're an ass if you really believe that because thousands of sheep, just like you ironically, hang on every word out of JUHn SCarfy's stink and now Covid infected mouth. From the time JUHN Scarfy said Tobago iz de place tuuh be" you really feel any of them heard, or paid heed to any thing else?
Also Fack Stick, if there is a total lockdown due to JUHN Scarfy'sarseness, how will the financial situation look then? Even your God JUHN Scarfy is saying there is no relief money

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 16th, 2021, 2:10 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Habit7 wrote:
What the hell?

You need to admit that you lied. I never said we were good.

You effectively did.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=761149&p=10149312#p10149312
Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 2.09.15 pm.png

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » April 16th, 2021, 2:13 pm

De Dragon wrote:Ignorant and uninformed??
You're an ass if you really believe that because thousands of sheep, just like you ironically, hang on every word out of JUHn SCarfy's stink and now Covid infected mouth. From the time JUHN Scarfy said Tobago iz de place tuuh be" you really feel any of them heard, or paid heed to any thing else?
Also Fack Stick, if there is a total lockdown due to JUHN Scarfy'sarseness, how will the financial situation look then? Even your God JUHN Scarfy is saying there is no relief money

You see why I call you ignorant and uninformed?

A blind man could see that with closed borders, Tobago would be the #1 for vacationers over the Easter wkend.
Big Easter weekend for Tobago hoteliers
KINNESHA GEORGE WEDNESDAY 10 MARCH 2021
https://newsday.co.tt/2021/03/10/big-ea ... hoteliers/

The PM made that comment at a conversations with the PM on 18th March.

I went to Tobago for Easter but since February hotels, ferry and flights were booked up.

To say that ppl were home scratching and when the PM said 2wks before Easter Tobago nice, that cause them to go to Tobago is sheer idiocy.

Which you are aptly demonstrating right now.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 16th, 2021, 2:17 pm

Tuner Friends,

Let's all stay united in this fight against the invisible virus.

United we stand, divided we fall.

So let's stay United!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 16th, 2021, 2:18 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:Tuner Friends,

Let's all stay united in this fight against the invisible virus.

United we stand, divided we fall.

So let's stay United!
We fighting two viruses at the moment

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”