TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7646 cases, 138 deaths, 157 active, 7351 recovered in T&T

Postby j.o.e » February 17th, 2021, 9:23 pm

sMASH wrote:If the vaccines from india was meant for cricomx how come Motley get trusted to distribute and not Rowley, the head od caricom?

It was a gift from India to barbados but she decided to share with Guyana and T&T and OECS.

Barbados shares vaccine grants with T&T http://www.looptt.com/content/mottley-t ... es-quick-4

Rowley also isn’t the ‘head’ of caricom the chairman position is rotated among all states

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7646 cases, 138 deaths, 157 active, 7351 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » February 17th, 2021, 9:26 pm

j.o.e wrote:
sMASH wrote:If the vaccines from india was meant for cricomx how come Motley get trusted to distribute and not Rowley, the head od caricom?

It was a gift from India to barbados but she decided to share with Guyana and T&T and OECS.

Barbados shares vaccine grants with T&T http://www.looptt.com/content/mottley-t ... es-quick-4

Rowley also isn’t the ‘head’ of caricom the chairman position is rotated among all states

deyalsingh say it was a gift to the region and barbados was just the one chosen to distribute :roll:

sMASH
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7646 cases, 138 deaths, 157 active, 7351 recovered in T&T

Postby sMASH » February 17th, 2021, 9:29 pm

redmanjp wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

deyalsingh say it was a gift to the region and barbados was just the one chosen to distribute :roll:

which region, barbados or caribbean?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 17th, 2021, 10:19 pm

sMASH wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

which region, barbados or caribbean?

eastern caribbean i suppose, but apparently he was mistaken :lol:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 17th, 2021, 10:32 pm

Does eat mattress for breskfasss

DMan7
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7663 cases, 138 deaths, 159 active, 7366 recovered in T&T

Postby DMan7 » February 18th, 2021, 8:06 pm

We are beating COVID people only 3 cases today and quite a few days and weeks already with single digit cases.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7663 cases, 138 deaths, 159 active, 7366 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » February 18th, 2021, 8:17 pm

So are we back to cluster phase where all contacts can be traced?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7663 cases, 138 deaths, 159 active, 7366 recovered in T&T

Postby MaxPower » February 18th, 2021, 8:20 pm

DMan7 wrote:We are beating COVID people only 3 cases today and quite a few days and weeks already with single digit cases.

To “beat” COVID, that would mean we had a fighting chance....we never really fought.

Irresponsibility has been rampant since March 2020.

LUCK is saving T&T and the small portion of the population that genuinely cared.
Last edited by MaxPower on February 18th, 2021, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 18th, 2021, 8:30 pm

PNM keeping we safe. The WHO agrees

hopefully that shuts up all the irresponsible people that want to re-open the borders.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 18th, 2021, 8:59 pm

paid_influencer wrote:PNM keeping we safe. The WHO agrees

hopefully that shuts up all the irresponsible people that want to re-open the borders.

Hope that was sarcasm yes.

I and many others have been saying we have the capacity to open borders, especially as mass vaccination is being done everywhere except TT.

Adjust measures so that we require a vaccine at least a month prior and then a negative PCR 72 hours before travel.

It is simple and easy bro.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 18th, 2021, 9:09 pm

not a hint of sarcasm breads. every day I reading about the variants spreading outside. bad, bad things swirling outside there and waiting to come here. the wrong person comes in and we have to re-engage all the restrictions at tremendous personal and societal costs.

children going to school under the PNM leadership. that is an accomplishment.

next, I hope we can finally get alcohol in the drinks at the restaurant. Right now we have to deal with the drinks virgin. I cannot handle that. I want alcohol in the drinks to be the next PNM accomplishment.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 18th, 2021, 9:15 pm

[quote="paid_influencer"]not a hint of sarcasm breads. every day I reading about the variants spreading outside. bad, bad things swirling outside there and waiting to come here. the wrong person comes in and we have to re-engage all the restrictions at tremendous personal and societal costs.

children going to school under the PNM leadership. that is an accomplishment.

next, I hope we can finally get alcohol in the drinks at the restaurant. Right now we have to deal with the drinks virgin. I cannot handle that. I want alcohol in the drinks to be the next PNM accomplishment.[/quote]

fine by me...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 19th, 2021, 7:59 pm

no new cases but 1 death

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 19th, 2021, 9:40 pm

collecting some vaccine experiences for reference

Had my second Pfizer yesterday at 8am, got sick about 24 hours after. I have an autoimmune disease and take immunosuppressants so I have no idea if any of this applies to anyone else, but I've currently got - arm much more sore than after the first shot, chills, exhaustion, diarrhea, severe stomach cramps. Just told all of my clients for today that I was cancelling and am gathering energy to go back to my room and take a shower.

Super happy I got the vaccine and that it seems to be doing something at least.

My second dose of Moderna is seriously hitting me hard. I had a 102F fever within 8 hours of getting the shot, and my head is killing me. Every heartbeat feels like someone is driving a nail through my temple.

I'll be glad for this to subside in the next day or so.

if you getting the vaccine, plan some time off after.

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » February 19th, 2021, 9:59 pm

paid_influencer wrote:collecting some vaccine experiences for reference

Had my second Pfizer yesterday at 8am, got sick about 24 hours after. I have an autoimmune disease and take immunosuppressants so I have no idea if any of this applies to anyone else, but I've currently got - arm much more sore than after the first shot, chills, exhaustion, diarrhea, severe stomach cramps. Just told all of my clients for today that I was cancelling and am gathering energy to go back to my room and take a shower.

My second dose of Moderna is seriously hitting me hard. I had a 102F fever within 8 hours of getting the shot, and my head is killing me. Every heartbeat feels like someone is driving a nail through my temple.

My grandmother's sister just got it in FL and said all she experienced was fatigue for an hour or two after the second Vax, the first she said had effects on her. She's 74 btw.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » February 20th, 2021, 6:51 am

The sky is falling ? Auto immune disease . I don’t think this person counts as an everyday me or you , those symptoms not to far off normal that expected . These people never took the regular vaccine . Sore arm must happen

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 20th, 2021, 10:31 am

Most of the working population (under 60) won't be getting it anytime soon, except the essential workers.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 20th, 2021, 1:38 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2021/02/19/who-to-give-vaccine-distribution-date-next-thursday/

WHO to give vaccine distribution date next Thursday
The World Health Organization (WHO) will decide next Thursday when countries will be receiving vaccines from the Covax facility.

Health minister Terrence Deyalsingh made the statement as he answered urgent questions in the House of Representatives on Friday. He said the WHO informed him of the date by Thursday.

“As previously stated, the window of opportunity for receipt of the vaccines is the end of February to the first to second week in March. As yet, we do not have an airway bill number or anything like that.”

He said the Health Ministry has developed an ICT programme to record and manage the people vaccinated, who would be chosen using WHO guidelines for exposure and risk.

“We started using the programme on Wednesday. To date that has been populated with over 200 healthcare workers.

"We started the vaccination programme on Wednesday, and did 120 people. On Thursday we did 90, and on Friday we started at the Southwest Regional Health Authority, where we’re expecting to do 100.

"So the software, the integrated communications technology software, is already in use.”

He said employment records and NCD clinic records would be used to identify the people to be vaccinated in phase one.

“Group one will be high-risk, high-exposed healthcare workers; group two will be frontline public healthcare workers; group three direct healthcare workers, public and private; group four patients with chronic illnesses; and group five elderly – over 60.

"We are not yet ready to contact people in the CDAP programme for them to be vaccinated.”

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » February 20th, 2021, 3:08 pm

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » February 20th, 2021, 3:31 pm

Lol country open up in full looonggg time.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 20th, 2021, 4:21 pm

Borders still open, or do the Venes drop from the sky?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 20th, 2021, 5:01 pm

do they have to wear masks while playing recreational sports cuz ive noticed most sports taking place without masks

also, as a measure to ease up ppl with mask fatique they could allow ppl who are in an outdoor area all alone more than 10 feet away from the nearest person, similar to laws overseas- this would allow them to priorize it when it's vital i.e. in a crowded area.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 20th, 2021, 5:08 pm

timelapse wrote:Borders still open, or do the Venes drop from the sky?

WHO has proven to be very inept and quite slow to absorb and assimilate new information.

It is becoming quite obvious that in warmer climates covid spreads less and cases are milder.

Given that all of the Caribbean except Martinique has open borders and has had so for over 6 months, our covid performance is not impressive at all.

Sorted on Testing rates, which are some of the worse in the Caribbean.

Sorted on Cases per million, we not doing too bad, but roughy middle of the pack

Sorted on Deaths per million, again we not doing too bad, but roughy middle of the pack

Now this is at this point time......you can easily say Barbados and Jamaica are trending upwards and indeed they are, but you don't know how long T&T will stay consistently low as well.

So at this present time, we doing alright, but definitely not the best in the Caribbean. I'd probably give that award to Grenada who opened borders since August 1st 2020, a whopping 6 and half months ago.
Last edited by Dohplaydat on February 20th, 2021, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7663 cases, 138 deaths, 159 active, 7366 recovered in T&T

Postby MaxPower » February 20th, 2021, 5:10 pm

timelapse wrote:Borders still open, or do the Venes drop from the sky?

Hello timelapse,

The borders remain closed bro.

Don’t Trinis continue to speak low of Venes?

Don’t Trinis continue to say that Venezuelans are worst than them? Then then therefore more Venezuelans mean more crime?

More Venezuelans would mean alot are coming daily through porous borders not so?

Won’t we have seen an increase in crime?

How come its 99% of Trinis committing the crime with supposedly SO much Venes?

I strongly believe that not many Venezuelans are entering here as it is exaggerated to be.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 20th, 2021, 5:23 pm

what portion of other islands populations are living abroad? 30%? cuz we have 300000 abroad with TT passports. also we need to be mindful of our trini culture and whether or not all persons who would be entering the country in an open border situation would be disciplined enough to STAY HOME for 14 days vs the other islands. gps trackers is the only thing that could allow the border to safely open, or flights expanded but exemptions still needed to manage the amt of ppl coming in who need to be tracked.

variants is another thing- we doing well with the old strain- but this new super covid strains would cause another wave as the R0 is higher.
what if variants evolve to spread easily in warm environments?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » February 20th, 2021, 5:56 pm

redmanjp wrote:what portion of other islands populations are living abroad? 30%? cuz we have 300000 abroad with TT passports. also we need to be mindful of our trini culture and whether or not all persons who would be entering the country in an open border situation would be disciplined enough to STAY HOME for 14 days vs the other islands. gps trackers is the only thing that could allow the border to safely open, or flights expanded but exemptions still needed to manage the amt of ppl coming in who need to be tracked.

variants is another thing- we doing well with the old strain- but this new super covid strains would cause another wave as the R0 is higher.
what if variants evolve to spread easily in warm environments?

Firstly, wow that you think we have more persons who want to come here than other Caribbean islands. Barbados easily had twice the amount of international arrivals pre-covid days. Guyana literally has half their country living outside of Guyana as well.

So even now, there are NOT 300k trinis waiting to come home, it's roughly 5-10k persons who desperately need to come home because their life is here.

Secondly, we have so many empty hotels and facilities that can be used as quarantine centers, Barbados has almost 200 hotels enlisted in their state quarantine program.

Variants will ALWAYS be a possibility, don't we have to open up sometime eventually? But by effective use of state quarantine and more testing we can easily open borders to TRINIS with very little risk.

That fact that this isn't done should be shinning example of how incompetent this government is.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 20th, 2021, 8:29 pm

variants are no longer a mere possibility, they already exist and would become the dominant strain in the US in a couple weeks according to the CDC, and perhaps in many other countries. Expanding quarantine should be done yes. As long as there is 24/7 supervision. but with the new variants we would need the full 14 days state quarantine unless we can remotely monitor ppl at home for the 2nd 7 days with trackers.

with the arrival of the vaccines soon the country will open up some more in a few months once the vast majority of those >60 are protected

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » February 20th, 2021, 8:42 pm

I think we reach the point where the critics need to shut up and start trusting the CMO, trusting the PM and understand that the authorities here will make the right decision at the right time. After what the WHO head has said, there is no excuse to keep fighting that fight against the government.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”