TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 6570 cases, 116 deaths, 774 active, 5680 recovered in T&T

Postby elec2020 » November 29th, 2020, 6:12 pm

Loves this quote: "According to a report published in the Lockdown Sceptics, Yeadon wrote: “There is absolutely no need for vaccines to extinguish the pandemic. You do not vaccinate people who aren’t at risk from the disease. You also don’t set about planning to vaccinate millions of fit and healthy people with a vaccine that hasn’t been extensively tested on human subjects.”

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 6570 cases, 116 deaths, 774 active, 5680 recovered in T&T

Postby Devourment » November 29th, 2020, 8:27 pm

elec2020 wrote:Loves this quote: "According to a report published in the Lockdown Sceptics, Yeadon wrote: “There is absolutely no need for vaccines to extinguish the pandemic. You do not vaccinate people who aren’t at risk from the disease. You also don’t set about planning to vaccinate millions of fit and healthy people with a vaccine that hasn’t been extensively tested on human subjects.”

There are a lot of things wrong with this quote.

1. We are in a dangerous pandemic. We have seen first hand when covid is left unbound (western world, March) excess deaths doubled in some places, overwhelming hospitals. So can we live with Covid-19? The answer is no, it puts too many people at risk for serious illness or death.

2. Can we live with lockdowns to control it? No, not in the longterm

3. Can we vaccinate those at risk and live with the disease? Mostly yes, BUT by allowing covid-19 to spread amongst the healthy, we are at risk for new mutations that the vaccine does not protect against.

The solution is - Vaccinate everyone for long term benefits.

Virus eradication is always the best option.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 29th, 2020, 8:52 pm

The guy is a fromer VP and scientist at Pfizer. Hence i value highly the opinion of someone in the area who has no benefit from either side of the argument. I am tired of all this talk about pro vaccine and anti vaccine. No matter how u scream for people to vaccinate, unless its law u cannot force people to put something in their bodies against their will. So i will be waiting till 2024/25 to get my covid 19 vaccine when i hear how all ya'll who rushing for it feeling.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 6660 cases, 120 deaths, 795 active, 5745 recovered in T&T

Postby daring dragoon » November 30th, 2020, 5:24 am

a reporter needs to ask the CMO or health minister how much Venezuelan national in the parallel health system with covid 19 or how much was infected since march. i think it hard to believe that 20 ah dem living in a one or two bedroom apt and resources limited that they getting away from covid. we need to know if they not going to get tested and they moving around and spreading this covid unchecked plus nafeeza want more covid come in but i doubt she taking them home by she or in the mozque to live.
trinis mask up and sanitizing and yet is 50 cases a day, it have to be coming from somewhere.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » November 30th, 2020, 5:26 am

Devourment wrote:
elec2020 wrote:Loves this quote: "According to a report published in the Lockdown Sceptics, Yeadon wrote: “There is absolutely no need for vaccines to extinguish the pandemic. You do not vaccinate people who aren’t at risk from the disease. You also don’t set about planning to vaccinate millions of fit and healthy people with a vaccine that hasn’t been extensively tested on human subjects.”

There are a lot of things wrong with this quote.

1. We are in a dangerous pandemic. We have seen first hand when covid is left unbound (western world, March) excess deaths doubled in some places, overwhelming hospitals. So can we live with Covid-19? The answer is no, it puts too many people at risk for serious illness or death.

2. Can we live with lockdowns to control it? No, not in the longterm

3. Can we vaccinate those at risk and live with the disease? Mostly yes, BUT by allowing covid-19 to spread amongst the healthy, we are at risk for new mutations that the vaccine does not protect against.

The solution is - Vaccinate everyone for long term benefits.

Virus eradication is always the best option.

the people done say that giving black americans the vaccine first so they will be the guinea pigs, they say black americans most high risk. lets sit back and see what will happen.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 6660 cases, 120 deaths, 795 active, 5745 recovered in T&T

Postby elec2020 » November 30th, 2020, 8:29 am

^ wow thats nasty. Racism will never stop. I kinda assumed this when I first started hearing that black people were found to be most susceptible to COVID 19. This is just the past repeating itself again (Tuskegee study and the Kano trovafloxacin trial litigation).

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 30th, 2020, 8:33 am

cases on the rise agaiin, looks like we might be on course for a Mid December lockdown! Yippee!!!!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 30th, 2020, 9:01 am

daring dragoon wrote:a reporter needs to ask the CMO or health minister how much Venezuelan national in the parallel health system with covid 19 or how much was infected since march. i think it hard to believe that 20 ah dem living in a one or two bedroom apt and resources limited that they getting away from covid. we need to know if they not going to get tested and they moving around and spreading this covid unchecked plus nafeeza want more covid come in but i doubt she taking them home by she or in the mozque to live.
trinis mask up and sanitizing and yet is 50 cases a day, it have to be coming from somewhere.

Ariapita Ave was pumping Friday night.
Plenty ppl outside bars congregating.
An incredibly large amount of chin diaper wearers.
People are not social distancing and are becoming lax or suffering from pandemic fatigue.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 30th, 2020, 9:31 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
daring dragoon wrote:a reporter needs to ask the CMO or health minister how much Venezuelan national in the parallel health system with covid 19 or how much was infected since march. i think it hard to believe that 20 ah dem living in a one or two bedroom apt and resources limited that they getting away from covid. we need to know if they not going to get tested and they moving around and spreading this covid unchecked plus nafeeza want more covid come in but i doubt she taking them home by she or in the mozque to live.

Ariapita Ave was pumping Friday night.
Plenty ppl outside bars congregating.
An incredibly large amount of chin diaper wearers.
People are not social distancing and are becoming lax or suffering from pandemic fatigue.

Sunday morning had what appreared to be an "Almera meet" at peakes gas station, while they parked to the side properly, they gathered together (not at all 6 feet apart) and many of them did not have on any mask... continue Trinidad... continue..more our our loved ones will die for no reason and we will not be able to celebrate for the holidays... xmas with No beach...allyuh go ahead...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 30th, 2020, 10:03 am

Yeah another lockdown may come just in time for Christmas no beach no christmas church services etc.

Health Minister said Hindus behaved well for Divali by not having the usual gatherings but unlike Divali everyone celebrates Christmas so it's on a much larger scale, would ppl behave well for Christmas?

and particularly, the parents of std. 5, form 5 and upper 6 students who have exams next year- do they care about schools reopening? do they realize due to this virus their child has been out of school for most of the year that they suppose to be preparing for a major exam? or is the lime & drinking and socializing that spreads said virus more important? is not JUST about 'ole ppl dieing' it's much more than that.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 30th, 2020, 1:48 pm

The inefficiency of local testing is amazing
Hear this situation.
A relative of mine is a hro in a government job. 4 weeks ago someone dropped off a document for her at her office. The next day the person who dropped the letter was verified covid positive so I guess they do contract tracing and her boss call and ask her how long the person stay in her office etc. 2 days after they call and tell her to go home and they sent her for a covid test for following day. She was given 21 days leave and mandatory home quarantine until she got results. Every day for the first week the ministry call her and ask her how she feeling etc. After that they stop calling. But she never left home. She cancel prayers that were planned. (Divali time) etc. Her husband blank alot of work etc to avoid mixing with people.

After the 21 days still no results. She went health center to get a fit for work and they give her a week again to wait for the results.

She went again Saturday to follow up..they tell her that her results lost or compromised and they could give her two weeks sick leave again while they do a new test

Now she home with full pay over a month. Her work piling up like hell because no one doing it. No doubt alot of people who depend on her for their documents in problems.

She refuse the 2 weeks and the 2nd test because its christmas month now and she dont want be stuck in the house for a next two weeks atleast

So imagine this situation multiply by thousands.

Lost tests
Full.pay for government workers who home
Work piling up

Imagine the private workers who just gonna not get paid or lose their jobs

A covid test isn't 24 or 36 hours now?

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Postby Devourment » November 30th, 2020, 2:19 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:The inefficiency of local testing is amazing
Hear this situation.
A relative of mine is a hro in a government job. 4 weeks ago someone dropped off a document for her at her office. The next day the person who dropped the letter was verified covid positive so I guess they do contract tracing and her boss call and ask her how long the person stay in her office etc. 2 days after they call and tell her to go home and they sent her for a covid test for following day. She was given 21 days leave and mandatory home quarantine until she got results. Every day for the first week the ministry call her and ask her how she feeling etc. After that they stop calling. But she never left home. She cancel prayers that were planned. (Divali time) etc. Her husband blank alot of work etc to avoid mixing with people.

After the 21 days still no results. She went health center to get a fit for work and they give her a week again to wait for the results.

She went again Saturday to follow up..they tell her that her results lost or compromised and they could give her two weeks sick leave again while they do a new test

Now she home with full pay over a month. Her work piling up like hell because no one doing it. No doubt alot of people who depend on her for their documents in problems.

She refuse the 2 weeks and the 2nd test because its christmas month now and she dont want be stuck in the house for a next two weeks atleast

So imagine this situation multiply by thousands.

Lost tests
Full.pay for government workers who home
Work piling up

Imagine the private workers who just gonna not get paid or lose their jobs

A covid test isn't 24 or 36 hours now?

That is what Deyalsingh would have us believe.

Also, I've heard a very similar story from a friend.

2 days after a site visit with a contracting crew, he was told one of the persons he shared a vehicle with (I doubt they wore masks as it was some site visit behind god's back) was covid positive.

He was told to go in for a test the next day (3 days after exposure) and go home until he got back his results.

Almost two weeks after, he got the results. Turns out it was negative, but Mr. man here was a bit feeling sick, so he told his boss who told him he couldn't keep him home without sick leave and because he tested negative his boss felt it was safe for him to come in.

It was not, around the next day after he got his initial negative results, he and his dad went to a private lab and was confirmed to have covid (got the results the next day).

NOTE his brother and mother were not tested for covid but are 99.9% likely to have covid because they were all ill with similar symptoms. So testing primary contacts (at least if you went private) is no longer required.

My issue here is that he probably did not have a significant viral load after being exposed 3 days after, hence the negative test (or just false negative).

But he is perhaps one of many that are slipping through the cracks, and now we can see that as testing primary contacts is no longer required, numbers are being suppressed and no one is monitoring or advising these persons on what they should be doing.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 30th, 2020, 7:44 pm

The Wuhan files

Leaked documents reveal China's mishandling of the early stages of Covid-19

Exclusive by Nick Paton Walsh, CNN

Updated 2151 GMT (0551 HKT) November 30, 2020

London — A group of frontline medical workers, likely exhausted, stand huddled together on a video-conference call as China's most powerful man raises his hand in greeting. It is February 10 in Beijing and President Xi Jinping, who for weeks has been absent from public view, is addressinghospital staff in the city of Wuhan as they battle to contain the spread of a still officially unnamed novel coronavirus.

From a secure room about 1,200 kilometers (745 miles) from the epicenter, Xi expressed his condolences to those who have died in the outbreak. He urged greater public communication, as around the world concerns mounted about the potential threat posed by the new disease.

That same day, Chinese authorities reported 2,478 new confirmed cases -- raising the total global number to more than 40,000, with fewer than 400 cases occurring outside of mainland China. Yet CNN can now reveal how official documents circulated internally show that this was only part of the picture.

CNN's key findings

Chinese officials gave the world more optimistic data than they had access to internally

China's system took on average 23 days to diagnose confirmed patients, and testing failures meant most received negative results until January 10

A history of underfunding, understaffing, poor morale and bureaucratic models of governance hampered China's early warning system, internal audits found

A large and previously undisclosed outbreak of influenza happened in early December in Hubei province.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/30/asia ... ium=social

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 30th, 2020, 9:00 pm

redmanjp wrote:Yeah another lockdown may come just in time for Christmas no beach no christmas church services etc.

Health Minister said Hindus behaved well for Divali by not having the usual gatherings but unlike Divali everyone celebrates Christmas so it's on a much larger scale, would ppl behave well for Christmas?

and particularly, the parents of std. 5, form 5 and upper 6 students who have exams next year- do they care about schools reopening? do they realize due to this virus their child has been out of school for most of the year that they suppose to be preparing for a major exam? or is the lime [url][/url]& drinking and socializing that spreads said virus more important? is not JUST about 'ole ppl dieing' it's much more than that.

if it was about lime and drinking, the rivers would be open.

Right now is just about the malls and Pricesmart making as much money as possible.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 6669 cases, 120 deaths, 778 active, 5771 recovered in T&T

Postby pete » December 1st, 2020, 8:39 am

Malls and Pricesmart have mandatory mask wearing with people monitoring shoppers to ensure they adhere to it which should be safe enough to avoid transmission.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 6669 cases, 120 deaths, 778 active, 5771 recovered in T&T

Postby elec2020 » December 1st, 2020, 8:42 am

^ not really. I went pricesmart twice in mausica and movietown over the last 2/3 weeks and both times i saw people in the store not wearing their masks properly.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 1st, 2020, 9:01 am

Update...my relative went to work yesterday and she usually has a dry cough(non covid related).her coworkers hear her coughing and they send her home again...she redo a test last night....21 days leave again.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 1st, 2020, 9:07 am

pete wrote:Malls and Pricesmart have mandatory mask wearing with people monitoring shoppers to ensure they adhere to it which should be safe enough to avoid transmission.

Was home for the past two weeks on leave. Hit up some malls with the family and tbh mask wearing was pretty much an issue for staff everywhere. Almost all stores the workers wore their masks on their chin or below their noses.

I mean if I had to wear a mask for 8 or more hours a day I might have the urge to do the same but still.

Been to Pricesmart Mausica as recently as last week and there was no body monitoring mask wearing after entry. Lots of shoppers pulling the masks down below their noses.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 1st, 2020, 5:08 pm

the law requires it where u are with customers unless it's behind a glass or other type of barrier. ttps need to be enforcing indoors too like malls, stores, etc. more so as that's where the risks are, especially with the Christmas shopping season ahead and there may be more crowds.

speaking of crowds, are stores still limited in terms of persons per square feet? because i sure some of dem not abiding by that regulation.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 1st, 2020, 6:06 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Update...my relative went to work yesterday and she usually has a dry cough(non covid related).her coworkers hear her coughing and they send her home again...she redo a test last night....21 days leave again.

with pay?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 1st, 2020, 7:16 pm

Yes she home with pay.

Since March she must be home 6 or 7 months with pay. The other 2 months were on rotation.
She gt

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » December 1st, 2020, 8:07 pm

FB_IMG_1606867408410.jpeg

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 1st, 2020, 8:10 pm

so they were held in close quarters and then deported on a pirogue and camped out for a couple days together

not to mention were welcomed by local media when they arrived second time

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 1st, 2020, 8:13 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:Update...my relative went to work yesterday and she usually has a dry cough(non covid related).her coworkers hear her coughing and they send her home again...she redo a test last night....21 days leave again.

if it negative she STILL on 21 days leave or she coming back out? and why 21? thought it was 10 days to clear the virus

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » December 1st, 2020, 9:42 pm

If it tests negative that the leave instantly ends and she goes back out to work.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » December 2nd, 2020, 11:11 am

Devourment wrote:That is what Deyalsingh would have us believe.

2 days after a site visit with a contracting crew, he was told one of the persons he shared a vehicle with (I doubt they wore masks as it was some site visit behind god's back) was covid positive.

He was told to go in for a test the next day (3 days after exposure) and go home until he got back his results.

Almost two weeks after, he got the results. Turns out it was negative, but Mr. man here was a bit feeling sick, so he told his boss who told him he couldn't keep him home without sick leave and because he tested negative his boss felt it was safe for him to come in.

It was not, around the next day after he got his initial negative results, he and his dad went to a private lab and was confirmed to have covid (got the results the next day).

NOTE his brother and mother were not tested for covid but are 99.9% likely to have covid because they were all ill with similar symptoms. So testing primary contacts (at least if you went private) is no longer required.

My issue here is that he probably did not have a significant viral load after being exposed 3 days after, hence the negative test (or just false negative).

But he is perhaps one of many that are slipping through the cracks, and now we can see that as testing primary contacts is no longer required, numbers are being suppressed and no one is monitoring or advising these persons on what they should be doing.

Yeah, I'm surprised they took a test without symptoms. Definitely should be changed to isolate for 7 days after exposure and if symptoms develop then go to get tested, or wait for 7 days after exposure to get tested.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 2nd, 2020, 2:54 pm

pete wrote:
Devourment wrote:That is what Deyalsingh would have us believe.

Yeah, I'm surprised they took a test without symptoms. Definitely should be changed to isolate for 7 days after exposure and if symptoms develop then go to get tested, or wait for 7 days after exposure to get tested.

as he was a primary contact himself they will test without symptoms- the early test might be so that they can contact trace as early as possible if he tests positive. but MOH should have him tested again 7 days after, i sure he would have test positive- did he go to work before testing again?

did his family go for tests and was refused?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » December 2nd, 2020, 3:27 pm

where this is?

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » December 2nd, 2020, 5:06 pm

Not in T&T

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » December 2nd, 2020, 5:20 pm

redmanjp wrote:where this is?

New York most likely

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”