TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 5930 cases, 111 deaths, 502 active, 5317 recovered in T&T

Postby redmanjp » November 14th, 2020, 2:29 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
pugboy wrote:big function in one woodbrook place tonight
ain’t see any social distancing
but the ppl colour right so no ttps

yo i just pass through too, divali cultural market dude, not that big.....but if they had that then I don't see why they couldn't have the Nagar.

Meanwhile in the US

Hope they were wearing masks at owp

Devourment
Trinituner Peong

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 5930 cases, 111 deaths, 502 active, 5317 recovered in T&T

Postby Devourment » November 14th, 2020, 2:54 pm

Legally they would not be required too as it's a private residence? I don't know, I haven't really been to OWP recently to remember. But I do recall there being restaurants there so perhaps that area is public and does necessitate mask wearing as it constitutes a public area.

It also depends where the event was held too. Was it in a residents only area?

For that matter, I saw a huge wedding at a church last weekend, definitely over 100 people and almost no one wearing masks.

How is that being allowed?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » November 14th, 2020, 4:14 pm

97 cases today. 46 more in the prison, 51 local cases.

Things are not going well..

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 14th, 2020, 4:25 pm

You forgot 1 death
pete wrote:97 cases today. 46 more in the prison, 51 local cases.

Things are not going well..

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 14th, 2020, 4:58 pm

Ease of restrictions are not working.

Many Trinis are still not taking this seriously.

Still too many comfortable relaxed happy asses.

What other solutions are there?

The most effective so far was the “lockdown.”

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 14th, 2020, 5:00 pm

Hello Max,

If they bring another lockdown that can have catastrophic effects on our already damaged economy, certainly there must be another way to combat this?
MaxPower wrote:Ease of restrictions are not working.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 14th, 2020, 5:27 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
pugboy wrote:big function in one woodbrook place tonight
ain’t see any social distancing
but the ppl colour right so no ttps

yo i just pass through too, divali cultural market dude, not that big.....but if they had that then I don't see why they couldn't have the Nagar.

Meanwhile in the US

Hope they were wearing masks at owp

Yea mostly everyone was except those who were eating (usually they went off somewhere uncrowded to eat). It was a very safe event and btw this had nothing to do with the residents of OWP, in fact it was a free public event.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 14th, 2020, 5:32 pm

hover11 wrote:Hello Max,

If they bring another lockdown that can have catastrophic effects on our already damaged economy, certainly there must be another way to combat this?
MaxPower wrote:Ease of restrictions are not working.

Hello hover11,

Hope all is well in this pandemic.

Hmmmm you’re right, it will be catastrophic and worse than it already is.

We must find ways to manage the commuting public.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 14th, 2020, 5:40 pm

Goebbels Young continues to show that he is the most uncaring and heartless Minister that we've had the misfortune to have in T&T ever.
Trinidad Guardian 14th November 2020

The daugh­ter of a 74-year-old woman found mur­dered at her Di­a­mond Vil­lage, San Fer­nan­do home on Wednes­day is ap­peal­ing with au­thor­i­ties to al­low her to re­turn to Trinidad to be with her griev­ing fa­ther and to say her fi­nal good­bye to her moth­er.

Grace Sankar has been liv­ing in New Jer­sey for some 32 years.

Her broth­er Ro­han Mon­groo lives in New York and was giv­en an ex­emp­tion to re­turn.

How­ev­er, Sankar and her hus­band said they are get­ting run-around and con­flict­ing in­for­ma­tion by the Min­istry of Na­tion­al Se­cu­ri­ty.

“I’m beg­ging these peo­ple. I just want to be there. I know my mom can­not come back. But please, I just want to be there. This is so hard for me,” Sankar told Guardian Me­dia.

Her hus­band, Kisraj, said of­fi­cials in the Min­istry of Na­tion­al Se­cu­ri­ty told them there were nu­mer­ous oth­er na­tion­als try­ing to re­turn to T&T and had ap­plied months be­fore them.

“She start­ed car­ry­ing on oh you not un­der­stand­ing. I said I’m un­der­stand­ing every­thing you’re say­ing. Even­tu­al­ly, I had to tell her, if I knew that this la­dy would have been mur­dered on Wednes­day, maybe I would’ve made the ap­pli­ca­tion six months ago. That’s when she hung up the phone on me,” he said.

“I tried my best to plead with them be­fore I start­ed get­ting back wise to them with the an­swers they keep giv­ing me.”

He ap­pealed for at least his wife to be al­lowed to re­turn to her fam­i­ly.

They said they are will­ing to un­der­take any health pro­to­cols and quar­an­ti­ning set out by of­fi­cials.

Min­is­ter of Na­tion­al Se­cu­ri­ty Stu­art Young told Guardian Me­dia he was not aware of their sit­u­a­tion and would look in­to it.

How­ev­er, he cau­tious­ly not­ed that of­ten times, the full sto­ry isn’t di­vulged by those who wish to re­turn to the coun­try. :? :? :?

On Wednes­day, De­ok­ie Mon­groo was found dead by her hus­band Rame­jwan at their home af­ter re­turn­ing from run­ning an er­rand.

In­ves­ti­ga­tions are on­go­ing.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 14th, 2020, 7:42 pm

I'm surprised nobody has legally challenged the ban on returning nationals. I would have assumed returning to your home country is a human right that supersedes any normal legislation.

The urgent circumstances argument can work for a few weeks, but is going on a year now this ban would be in place. The implication being there is no objective criteria for imposing or lifting the ban, which is what any legal action would be seeking to define.

I think the issue is anyone who would be wealthy enough to bring legal challenge in a serious way would be fast tracked and exempted by the Ministry. So is only the regular, ordinary people to suffer.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 14th, 2020, 8:35 pm

paid_influencer wrote:I'm surprised nobody has legally challenged the ban on returning nationals. I would have assumed returning to your home country is a human right that supersedes any normal legislation.

The urgent circumstances argument can work for a few weeks, but is going on a year now this ban would be in place. The implication being there is no objective criteria for imposing or lifting the ban, which is what any legal action would be seeking to define.

I think the issue is anyone who would be wealthy enough to bring legal challenge in a serious way would be fast tracked and exempted by the Ministry. So is only the regular, ordinary people to suffer.
every time a foreing based national sends a lawyer letter, they gt. MoNS only playing with the people that dont call their bluff.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 14th, 2020, 8:43 pm

bodow, 97 new cases.

124913761_10158614867415610_1948038366490432229_o.jpg

46 more to add to the prison cluster. 51 community spread cases. Happy Divali, please stay home. :drinking:

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 14th, 2020, 10:19 pm

Prisioners could dead for all I care.. don’t risk taking any of them to hospitals or medical institutions, leave them right there.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 14th, 2020, 10:25 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:Prisioners could dead for all I care.. don’t risk taking any of them to hospitals or medical institutions, leave them right there.

what about prison occifers and their families though? This could get very bad

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 14th, 2020, 10:31 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
Ben_spanna wrote:Prisioners could dead for all I care.. don’t risk taking any of them to hospitals or medical institutions, leave them right there.

Hello paid_influencer,

Ben is correct, leave the prisoners there.

The prison officers and their families we can help.

For those on duty, give them full PPE to deal with these pests.

All the prisoners need is food. It can be put on a tray from a distance and kicked violently towards them.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 14th, 2020, 11:14 pm

Hello Max,

Most of these prisoners have alot of underlying illnesses such as HIV , the lawyers and human rights activists are gonna have a field day with this one. They need to isolate the infected and sanitize the cells as another tuner said this can escalate very quickly , remember prisoners still have visitors as well, I don't understand why that hasn't been stopped given the circumstances
MaxPower wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

Hello paid_influencer,

All the prisoners need is food. It can be put on a tray from a distance and kicked violently towards them.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 6077 cases, 112 deaths, 592 active, 5373 recovered in T&T

Postby MaxPower » November 14th, 2020, 11:19 pm

Most of these prisoners have alot of underlying illnesses such as HIV , the lawyers and human rights activists are gonna have a field day with this one. They need to isolate the infected and sanitize the cells as another tuner said this can escalate very quickly , remember prisoners still have visitors as well, I don't understand why that hasn't been stopped given the circumstances
MaxPower wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

Hello paid_influencer,

Hello hover11,

Please forgive my inhumane comments but i just have zero tolerance towards prisoners so i really cannot help but think the worst about them.

But i agree with isolating them and sanitizing areas for the safety of the prison officers.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 6077 cases, 112 deaths, 592 active, 5373 recovered in T&T

Postby hover11 » November 14th, 2020, 11:24 pm

Understandable however let's bear in mind that not everyone in jail committed a crime some have been framed and due to the system found themselves in some unfortunate situations, not defending any criminals just tryna let u see from a different perspective
MaxPower wrote:

MaxPower wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

Hello paid_influencer,

Hello hover11,

Please forgive my inhumane comments but i just have zero tolerance towards prisoners so i really cannot help but think the worst about them.

But i agree with isolating them and sanitizing areas for the safety of the prison officers.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 15th, 2020, 2:25 am

Even if we take out the prison cluster cases are going up again in the community. I'm afraid this is the beginning of the 3rd wave which might see restrictions by Christmas

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » November 15th, 2020, 6:54 am

Wait so are you saying the mandatory mask wearing law isn't working, since we are getting cases regardless...as we open up more the cases will rise, more people interacting
redmanjp wrote:Even if we take out the prison cluster cases are going up again in the community. I'm afraid this is the beginning of the 3rd wave which might see restrictions by Christmas

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 15th, 2020, 7:07 am

hover11 wrote:Wait so are you saying the mandatory mask wearing law isn't working, since we are getting cases regardless...as we open up more the cases will rise, more people interacting
redmanjp wrote:Even if we take out the prison cluster cases are going up again in the community. I'm afraid this is the beginning of the 3rd wave which might see restrictions by Christmas

Masks aren’t black and white that you will get corona or not . It’s multi factorial and every little recommendation helps . They still have to bring in people on flights but this needs to ramp up still . Hopefully at least businesses make a lil money and we escape an all out extreme rise of cases. We might be lucky and escape compared to some parts of North America and Europe

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 15th, 2020, 7:08 am

In the US:

438,941COVID-19 deaths based on Current projection scenario by March 1, 2021.

370,000 with universal masks.

1 in 7 deaths attributable to not wearing a mask.Image

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 15th, 2020, 8:03 am

MaxPower wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:

Hello paid_influencer,

Actually, some of them POs jackarsing the scene. Tell them stay home...but nahhhhh

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 15th, 2020, 10:07 am

hover11 wrote:Wait so are you saying the mandatory mask wearing law isn't working, since we are getting cases regardless...as we open up more the cases will rise, more people interacting

Mask mandates help greatly, BUT they have to be worn properly EVERY TIME. Take a casual look at any group, and count how many you see with none, under their chin, below their nose etc.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 15th, 2020, 5:34 pm

pandemic fatigue plus less enforcement by ttps is why. gary need to ask them for a weekly report on how many tickets they give out every week- otherwise 3rd wave peaking around christmas- actually 2 weeks later BECAUSE of christmas/old year gatherings

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 6080 cases, 112 deaths, 566 active, 5402 recovered in T&T

Postby pete » November 16th, 2020, 11:58 am

This whole outbreak resulted from a search I believe I read?

If any of the prisoners die, the person coordinating the search and not ensuring the safety of the prisoners should be charged with manslaughter.

paid_influencer

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 6080 cases, 112 deaths, 566 active, 5402 recovered in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » November 16th, 2020, 7:57 pm

pete wrote:This whole outbreak resulted from a search I believe I read?

If any of the prisoners die, the person coordinating the search and not ensuring the safety of the prisoners should be charged with manslaughter.

boss, I was watching Ian Alleyne program today and the first segment was about COVID in the prison system. At no time did he mention any search causing this. And you have to feel for the prison occifers, who have to make the devil's choice between conducting a search or letting it go (and possibly resulting in the murder of other prisoners or even prison occifers).

The bigger issues as pointed out by Gerald Ramdeen on the Crime Watch today:

- Prisoners are given one mask to wear for a month, which they have to wash and reuse. There is currently no water in the prison.

-The prison population is very large, about 2000 prisoners, many of whom are awaiting trial for more than 10 years in some cases (guilty until proven innocent under current legislation). There are also persons still in prison for minor offenses like obscene language and traffic violations.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 17th, 2020, 6:06 am

De Dragon wrote:

Mask mandates help greatly, BUT they have to be worn properly EVERY TIME. Take a casual look at any group, and count how many you see with none, under their chin, below their nose etc.

Before we ever check how its worn...we need to check the type!!!!! 80% of masks out there are cloth which does nothing. Only a handful of people using surgical or n95

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 17th, 2020, 6:51 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Before we ever check how its worn...we need to check the type!!!!! 80% of masks out there are cloth which does nothing. Only a handful of people using surgical or n95

Quoted:

"Cloth masks have limited inward protection in healthcare settings where viral exposure is high but may be beneficial for outward protection in low-risk settings and use by the general public where no other alternatives to medical masks are available."

https://www.cureus.com/articles/38957-e ... ing-review

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 17th, 2020, 7:38 am

adnj wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Quoted:

"Cloth masks have limited inward protection in healthcare settings where viral exposure is high but may be beneficial for outward protection in low-risk settings and use by the general public where no other alternatives to medical masks are available."

https://www.cureus.com/articles/38957-e ... ing-review

I still not risking it

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”