TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 5798 cases, 111 deaths, 603 active, 5084 recovered in T&T

Postby bluefete » November 7th, 2020, 2:51 pm

Stuartie facking serious?????

They now introducing Covid Testing for people who want to come in to T&T?

You mean to say, all the time people were coming here infected with Covid and pre-testing was not mandatory?

What kind of backward, stupid, dotish thinking these people have?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 5798 cases, 111 deaths, 603 active, 5084 recovered in T&T

Postby zoom rader » November 7th, 2020, 2:54 pm

bluefete wrote:Stuartie facking serious?????

You mean to say, all the time people were coming here infected with Covid and pre-testing was not mandatory?

320000 voted for this bro

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 7th, 2020, 3:07 pm

^ the reasoning was that u can test negative within 5 days of being infected so u still need to quarantine even with that negative test.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 7th, 2020, 3:14 pm

zoom rader wrote:

It a cost $$$$ saving measure . Tax again :lol:

People who arrive in Trinidad use to be quarantine for 2 weeks @ Red's expense .
Or rather tax payers expense :D

Now it has been reduced to 1 week quarantined but still @ Red's expense .

Now it's take your temperature and wash your hands and .. a test maybe @ your expense - Tax again.. and

Welcome to Scarlet Bird Country !

Yes kinda backwards thinking .

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 7th, 2020, 3:22 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

People who arrive in Trinidad use to be quarantine for 2 weeks @ Red's expense .

Now it's take your temperature and wash your hands and .. a test maybe @ your expense - Tax again.. and

Did they say u doh have to quarantine again if u have a test? Because he was talking about adding another hotel for state supervised quarantine. And also that u have to come in 7 days before Christmas to spend Christmas Day with your family.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 7th, 2020, 3:30 pm

redmanjp wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Did they say u doh have to quarantine again if u have a test? Because he was talking about adding another hotel for state supervised quarantine. And also that u have to come in 7 days before Christmas to spend Christmas Day with your family.

Last week I spoke to a senior immigration officer on this very above topic .

He said it use to be 2 weeks quarantine but now reduced to 1 week quarantine .

Again he was unsure because his information changes EVERYDAY :fadein:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 7th, 2020, 3:36 pm

redmanjp wrote:Restaurants open for dining at 50 %. No alcohol
Eating allowed in cinemas

sooo, only soap and water?

i disagree with dining inside. i would allow open air consumption, so long as people dont bunch up. u buy ur doubles, hotdog, box ah dead and u nyam it where u want, jess dont crowd up.

i disagree with cinemas at this point. should wait a week or two again to see how the work place spread will proceed. if its a mild bump, then u could do the cinemas. if its a steady climb like before elections, then u hold off. let that settle, then trend downwards then u introduce another activity, such as the cinemas.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 7th, 2020, 3:45 pm

sMASH wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Restaurants open for dining at 50 %. No alcohol
Eating allowed in cinemas

sooo, only soap and water?

i disagree with dining inside. i would allow open air consumption, so long as people dont bunch up. u buy ur doubles, hotdog, box ah dead and u nyam it where u want, jess dont crowd up.

i disagree with cinemas at this point. should wait a week or two again to see how the work place spread will proceed. if its a mild bump, then u could do the cinemas. if its a steady climb like before elections, then u hold off. let that settle, then trend downwards then u introduce another activity, such as the cinemas.

Chin made many statements that ALL cinemas will remain closed unless Gov't allow food sales . :D

Chin won .

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 7th, 2020, 3:46 pm

He say put the mask back on when u finish eat but if u have hotdogs, wedges, a drink and then taking your time to eat popcorn u might be eating and therefore have the mask off d whole time. They should at least do registration of all patrons so that proper contact tracing takes place and maybe reduce capacity to 25%.

If doh have no big movies now so turnout would be low anyway but will allow for alternate rows only to be used in addition to spacing in between ppl in the same row.

But what about bars which serve food as well? So they can have dining but not allow consumption of alcohol but alcohol can be served as takeaway? How this going to be enforced to ensure ppl doh drink inside?
Last edited by redmanjp on November 8th, 2020, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » November 7th, 2020, 3:48 pm

So covid-19 only spreads in a restaurant if u drinking alcohol?? Don't understand the logic behind the prohibition of alcohol at restaurants. Most Chinese restaurants going to ignore this anyway.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 7th, 2020, 4:10 pm

redmanjp wrote:He say put the mask back on when u finish eat but if u have hotdogs, wedges, a drink and then taking your time to eatpopcorn u might be eating and therefore have the mask off d while time. They should at least do registration of all patrons so that proper contact tracing takes place and maybe reduce capacity to 25%.

If doh have no big movies now so turnout would be low anyway but will allow for alternate rows only to be used in addition to spacing in between ppl in the same row.

But what about bars which serve food as well? So they can have dining but not allow consumption of alcohol but alcohol can be served as takeaway? How this going to be enforced to ensure ppl doh drink inside?

i would allow eating in cinemas cause people not moving as much as restaurants, and u not really shouting so that trajectory not gonna be that far in front. but, in line with the govt... take a bite, mask up, take a next bite, mask up.
in restaurants and bars, people moving around a way lot more than in a cinema, so the air gonna get swished around a lot more, comparatively.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 7th, 2020, 4:38 pm

Country_Bookie wrote:So covid-19 only spreads in a restaurant if u drinking alcohol?? Don't understand the logic behind the prohibition of alcohol at restaurants. Most Chinese restaurants going to ignore this anyway.

It seems a bar owner horned one of these decision makers.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 7th, 2020, 4:44 pm

sMASH wrote:
redmanjp wrote:He say put the mask back on when u finish eat but if u have hotdogs, wedges, a drink and then taking your time to eatpopcorn u might be eating and therefore have the mask off d while time. They should at least do registration of all patrons so that proper contact tracing takes place and maybe reduce capacity to 25%.

i would allow eating in cinemas cause people not moving as much as restaurants, and u not really shouting so that trajectory not gonna be that far in front. but, in line with the govt... take a bite, mask up, take a next bite, mask up.
in restaurants and bars, people moving around a way lot more than in a cinema, so the air gonna get swished around a lot more, comparatively.

:D

Trini ? Who checking this in the dark ?

Police ? Movie Police ? Telecom Security ?

Nobody going to follow up with this :lol: And you paying $50

And if you cough and cough etc., the A/C going to circle back to YOU ..

It's Netflick and Amazon and Direct TV and HBO etc.

Cinema business dead dead now .

Dead :|

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 7th, 2020, 5:11 pm

RedVEVO wrote:
sMASH wrote:

Trini ? Who checking this in the dark ?

Police ? Movie Police ? Telecom Security ?

Nobody going to follow up with this :lol: And you paying $50

And if you cough and cough etc., the A/C going to circle back to YOU ..

It's Netflick and Amazon and Direct TV and HBO etc.

Cinema business dead dead now .

Dead :|

And more dead

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 7th, 2020, 5:14 pm

God can be funny. People going to church, praying, singing with the choir, while also spreading death and disease among the congregation.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 7th, 2020, 5:19 pm

I not setting foot in a mall food court from now until after Christmas. None of the mall food courts I've seen have set up proper barriers between the dining area and the food service area - everybody free to breathe in the expelled aerosols of those that eating. Maybe put up a plexi or even a wall separator nah - something so the people buying take away not exposed to the direct blast of the maskless spit spewing finger licking dine-in patrons.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » November 7th, 2020, 5:51 pm

What is the difference between a Church and eating in a cinema, I would argue that you are quieter and better able to distance oneself in the cinema.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 7th, 2020, 5:56 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:What is the difference between a Church and eating in a cinema, I would argue that you are quieter and better able to distance oneself in the cinema.

Cinemas are typically more enclosed.... possibly more risky, but at the same time who talks during a movie? Ultimately I think it's safer.

Either way, I'm not unhappy about these changes....sucks for bar owners but with Christmas approaching, I dono nah.... allowing bars to open before Xmas might not be a good idea.

Overall, I'm glad at least restaurants can reopen.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 7th, 2020, 6:17 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:What is the difference between a Church and eating in a cinema, I would argue that you are quieter and better able to distance oneself in the cinema.

Cinemas are typically more enclosed.... possibly more risky, but at the same time who talks during a movie? Ultimately I think it's safer.

Either way, I'm not unhappy about these changes....sucks for bar owners but with Christmas approaching, I dono nah.... allowing bars to open before Xmas might not be a good idea.

I was wondering about congregations singing in church.

It’s important to keep wearing masks and ensure the mask fits properly over the mouth AND nose and is sealed off well

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 7th, 2020, 6:19 pm

Key Points From Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley’s Media Conference on COVID-19 – Saturday November 7th 2020:

Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley announced the following adjustments:
- In-house dining at restaurants to begin, but at 50% capacity and in groups of no more than ten people. NO ALCOHOL IS TO BE SERVED AT THESE ESTABLISHMENTS.

- Food will now be served at cinemas but with strict guidelines for mask wearing. Patrons will ONLY take their masks off to consume food and must replace them after eating/drinking.

- National Team sporting activities to resume, with support staff of no more than 10 people.

- Caribbean Airlines to add more flights to the sea bridge but must maintain health protocols including mask wearing and social distancing.

- Times for religious services extended to 90 minutes.

- The Hunting Season is CLOSED. However, permission has been granted for hunters to exercise their dogs.

- The current restrictions remain in place for bars. However, PM Rowley clarified that entertainment at bars has not been shut down but there is to be NO congregating.

- Schools remain CLOSED at this time. Prime Minister Rowley stated: "It is not my intention, or the intention of the Government, or the health department, to risk the gains that we have made. In fact, I am looking at it differently. If we continue to progress in this way to have more and more activities, to have more and more people out with activities, I am hoping that we will be in a situation in January where we can get our children back to school. That is my next big hurdle."

Prime Minister Rowley noted that citizens have been responsible, especially when it comes to visiting to the beaches since they were reopened two weeks ago. Rivers and ponds remain CLOSED at this time.

As at Friday November 6th 2020, 13,042 individuals have applied to enter T&T, and 7,204 persons have been granted exemptions to enter.

National Security Minister Stuart Young said Government is doing all it can to bring all Nationals home over the next few weeks. In addition to those who are stuck outside our borders, Government will be bringing home those citizens who recently left our country but want to return home, as well as students and TT Nationals who are accustomed to coming home for Christmas.

National Security Minister Stuart Young announced new repatriation guidelines from November 15th:
- Persons entering T&T must have a Negative PCR Test 72 hour before arrival into T&T.
- Upon entry, persons will go into State/State-supervised quarantine for seven days and will be released to their homes on the 6th day if they get a Negative Test.

Minister Young warned that some people may spend Christmas in quarantine if they arrive in T&T during the Christmas week. He urged them to work out their days to include seven days in quarantine. PM Rowley added that it is not possible for everyone to come home for Christmas. He explained, "We do not have the health cover."

Kapok Hotel has been added to the list of quarantine facilities.

The weekly flights from Barbados will continue.

Epidemiologist Dr. Avery Hinds said there continues to be a plateau in COVID-19 cases with a slow decline noted over the last two weeks. Today marks the end of the two-week period since the lifting of some restrictions and officials will now be looking closely to see if the numbers increase .

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 7th, 2020, 7:13 pm

my question: when they inevitably find clusters associated with Churches, as has happened in every other country where they re-opened churches, will the government have the political will to re-impose the restrictions?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 7th, 2020, 7:25 pm

it’s all part of the second wave.....

paid_influencer wrote:my question: when they inevitably find clusters associated with Churches, as has happened in every other country where they re-opened churches, will the government have the political will to re-impose the restrictions?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 7th, 2020, 8:34 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

Now this is a hilarious comment :lol:

Who keeps QUIET in a cinema ? Who goes to cinema ALONE !!!

Cinema people ALWAYS talking and laughing ..

And eating .. and touching .. and

Especially in a horror or action movie :lol:

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 7th, 2020, 9:19 pm

paid_influencer wrote:my question: when they inevitably find clusters associated with Churches, as has happened in every other country where they re-opened churches, will the government have the political will to re-impose the restrictions?

Church persons would have a higher element of older high risk patients so they would fight up if restrictions are restarted . When they get sick they down for the count

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 7th, 2020, 10:09 pm

at least u are wearing masks in a church- now with restaurants resuming dining and food allowed in cinema that means NO MASKS! that is going to be a higher risk than churches.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 7th, 2020, 10:17 pm

The capacity is reduced and people are spaced out. Each party would be within their own circle. As for the virus being airborne indoors in such a closed space, well i not sure who holding the gun to these people's heads and forcing them to go to a restaurant for indoor dining, or go to a cinema with airborne virus circulating just to shovel 5 cents worth of popcorn in their gullet. Responsible people will continue safe habits, stupid people will continue being reckless. Religious people will always be afraid to question anything for themselves.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 8th, 2020, 12:55 am

RedVEVO wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

u go to the cinema with people u already know and already associate with, same principle of easing restrictions in the work place. less risk than the work place as u dont need to talk AS MUCH and move around AS MUCH and interact AS MUCH.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » November 8th, 2020, 1:10 am

sMASH wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

u go to the cinema with people u already know and already associate with, same principle of easing restrictions in the work place. less risk than the work place as u dont need to talk AS MUCH and move around AS MUCH and interact AS MUCH.

Some people just join up and go out and hang and lime .

You meet new people, make new friends etc. - Well it depends on your circle of associates .

Guessing you do NOT go out AS MUCH ?

Guessing you do NOT do as many "tings" AS MUCH ?

Just saying AS MUCH :lol:
Last edited by RedVEVO on November 8th, 2020, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 8th, 2020, 1:14 am

welllll, think of the cinema like a beach, at night, with seats, and a big screen tv. thats how much fun they will have.

and u travel to it ram cram in a ph taxi.. with people u dont kno.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”