TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7450 cases, 133 deaths, 338 active, 6974 recovered in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14846
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3019 cases, 53 deaths, 2194 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 13th, 2020, 9:24 pm

Sunday’s and Monday’s usually real low numbers

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod
Posts: 26251
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 3 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 14th, 2020, 5:08 am

So!!!! Between thur and friday last week, there were two deaths at grande hospital where COD is said to be unknown. The strange thing is the entire ward (doctors and nurses) are now in quarantine

Kenjo
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2620
Joined: March 19th, 2009, 10:31 pm
Location: Home

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby Kenjo » September 14th, 2020, 5:38 am

Those other countries weren’t taking us for a ride when they originally gave their corona death numbers then . I guess we are just getting a delayed experience . Surprised most of the families aren’t jumping on social media by they are probably afraid of being scorned for corona because they probably have it too. Relatives still liming and coming back home to their older ‘ comorbidities ‘ parents , grand parents , aunties and uncles .

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15276
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » September 14th, 2020, 6:14 am

Kenjo wrote:Those other countries weren’t taking us for a ride when they originally gave their corona death numbers then . I guess we are just getting a delayed experience . Surprised most of the families aren’t jumping on social media by they are probably afraid of being scorned for corona because they probably have it too. Relatives still liming and coming back home to their older ‘ comorbidities ‘ parents , grand parents , aunties and uncles .
its in all our interests that the numbers remain low. if for some reason, we manage to get every body tested, that SHOULD get tested, and the numbers go up, nobody wins. all we get is to say, 'yes, rowley dem lie, it worse than we know'.
and them donkeys wills still vote for him out of spite for sharing the truth.

Kenjo
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2620
Joined: March 19th, 2009, 10:31 pm
Location: Home

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby Kenjo » September 14th, 2020, 6:53 am

sMASH wrote:
Kenjo wrote:Those other countries weren’t taking us for a ride when they originally gave their corona death numbers then . I guess we are just getting a delayed experience . Surprised most of the families aren’t jumping on social media by they are probably afraid of being scorned for corona because they probably have it too. Relatives still liming and coming back home to their older ‘ comorbidities ‘ parents , grand parents , aunties and uncles .
its in all our interests that the numbers remain low. if for some reason, we manage to get every body tested, that SHOULD get tested, and the numbers go up, nobody wins. all we get is to say, 'yes, rowley dem lie, it worse than we know'.
and them donkeys wills still vote for him out of spite for sharing the truth.

Precisely, people don’t realise that a lot of lawyers have no real morals/ ethics who would gladly willingly push to find a loophole and put it out in the open . As to why they can’t inform the authorities by the side and be like ‘ aye I not going to make any fan fair but allyuh need to fix this up in your laws’ but they basically hoping lots of people dead which may happen anyway. But let’s encourage people thAt liming is a must . If we had failed for carnival it would have been Trinidad to catch but clearly we weren’t hearing about random people who died on the ward in hospital or ones at home .

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15276
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » September 14th, 2020, 7:17 am

Kenjo wrote:
sMASH wrote:
Kenjo wrote:Those other countries weren’t taking us for a ride when they originally gave their corona death numbers then . I guess we are just getting a delayed experience . Surprised most of the families aren’t jumping on social media by they are probably afraid of being scorned for corona because they probably have it too. Relatives still liming and coming back home to their older ‘ comorbidities ‘ parents , grand parents , aunties and uncles .
its in all our interests that the numbers remain low. if for some reason, we manage to get every body tested, that SHOULD get tested, and the numbers go up, nobody wins. all we get is to say, 'yes, rowley dem lie, it worse than we know'.
and them donkeys wills still vote for him out of spite for sharing the truth.

Precisely, people don’t realise that a lot of lawyers have no real morals/ ethics who would gladly willingly push to find a loophole and put it out in the open . As to why they can’t inform the authorities by the side and be like ‘ aye I not going to make any fan fair but allyuh need to fix this up in your laws’ but they basically hoping lots of people dead which may happen anyway. But let’s encourage people thAt liming is a must . If we had failed for carnival it would have been Trinidad to catch but clearly we weren’t hearing about random people who died on the ward in hospital or ones at home .


if u make good law, the loop holes would be harder to find and only for a minority of situations. blaming lawyers for gaping loopholes is like blaming a doctor for finding cancer.

User avatar
assassin
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2049
Joined: October 1st, 2003, 8:38 pm
Location: Streets Of Gold

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby assassin » September 14th, 2020, 8:16 am

Trinidad has not had a serious disaster or emergency in recent times. The society in general is not conscious of emergency prep and conservation.

It was important to make citizens understand the severity and impact of covid very early on.

Saying mild mild mild early on and now artificial suppression of virus spread through ststistical manipulation serves to confirm to the public that is only weak ppl does get sick bad, is just a flu, yuh can't hide forever and everyone has to get it; rather than serving to change ppl behaviour and habits
sMASH wrote:
Kenjo wrote:Those other countries weren’t taking us for a ride when they originally gave their corona death numbers then . I guess we are just getting a delayed experience . Surprised most of the families aren’t jumping on social media by they are probably afraid of being scorned for corona because they probably have it too. Relatives still liming and coming back home to their older ‘ comorbidities ‘ parents , grand parents , aunties and uncles .
its in all our interests that the numbers remain low. if for some reason, we manage to get every body tested, that SHOULD get tested, and the numbers go up, nobody wins. all we get is to say, 'yes, rowley dem lie, it worse than we know'.
and them donkeys wills still vote for him out of spite for sharing the truth.

User avatar
aaron17
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2279
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby aaron17 » September 14th, 2020, 8:29 am

Remember when they say one who die is too much in the conference saturday? So what is 50+ then? Apocolypse? And they bringing up the ppl who take out the oxygen to blame.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14846
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 14th, 2020, 8:37 am

today should be a slow number day
30-40 total

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 22024
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2993 cases, 51 deaths, 2176 active, 766 discharged in T&T

Postby zoom rader » September 14th, 2020, 8:46 am

pete wrote:The test figures continue to not make sense. This morning completed tests (unique + repeated) added up to total tests submitted to the labs. This afternoon the total test number increased by 83 but 101 new cases.

I get the feeling the people in charge of releasing that info are getting overwhelmed. For the past couple weeks there have been a few strange things showing up in the reports.
Don't you feel cheated and conned by the goverment?

A very selfish government that has your life at risk

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9080
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » September 14th, 2020, 11:20 am

aaron17 wrote:Remember when they say one who die is too much in the conference saturday? So what is 50+ then? Apocolypse? And they bringing up the ppl who take out the oxygen to blame.


they will say daiz no big deal- h1n1 kill 41. but that's without suppressing it. if we didn't try to stop covid from spreading it could easily be in the hundreds, or God forbid, a few thousand!
Last edited by redmanjp on September 14th, 2020, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9080
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » September 14th, 2020, 11:32 am

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/09/13/legal-notice-removes-guideline-stipulation-for-places-of-worship/

Legal notice removes guideline stipulation for places of worship
JULIEN NEAVES 17 HRS AGO

Image
A diagram from legal notice 316 demonstrating the stipulated seating on public transportation vehicles

THE NEW legal notice on the Public Health Ordinance has made changes to regulations regarding places of worship, likely in a response to a recent court ruling.

The ruling was made on Friday by Justice Ronnie Boodoosingh on two constitutional claims which challenged the validity of the coronavirus public health regulations.

Before him were two separate claims – one brought by Pundit Satyanand Maharaj and another by five men – Dominic Suraj, Marlon Hinds, Christopher Wilson, Bruce Bowen and Collin Ramjohn – who were arrested at Alicia’s Guest House in St Ann’s at an alleged covid19 party on April 9. They were later charged with breaching the regulations. These were the first cases to test the covid19 regulations.

In his decision, Boodoosingh held that the regulations made by the minister were permissible under the public health ordinance.

However, Boodoosingh said, “Making the breach of the Ministry of Health guidelines a criminal offence, in my view, is outside of the ambit of the powers given to the minister under the (Public Health) Ordinance.

“This amounts to the minister authorising regulations which criminalise conduct which, in several instances, are uncertain and vague or expressed as non-mandatory practices. Such a provision is not a valid or legitimate exercise of the powers under the ordinance.”

Legal notice 316 Section 4(5) stated a religious or ecclesiastical organisation or any other religious organisation may conduct various religious where the gathering of persons at any place used for that purpose does not exceed ten persons and the organisation comply with the guidelines for places of worship issued by the Ministry of Health. The new legal notice, however, removes the requirement to comply with the guidelines.

The legal notice also included a new Section 15 which states: "The Minister of Health may, for the purpose of the operation of these regulations issue such guidelines as he may deem necessary and breach of such guidelines shall not constitute an offence."

The legal notice also referred to Schedule 3 on the capacity of public transportation vehicles in accordance with the Prime Minister's announcement on Saturday that seating capacity would be increased from 50 per cent to about 65 per cent.

Schedule 3 states: "Public transportation vehicles may be allowed to transport only as many passengers as can be afforded window-seating, in accordance with the size and make of the vehicle. This guideline therefore would preclude the occupation of any middle-seat spaces in any vehicle with seating extending across the width of the passenger cabin.

"In all instances, passengers are to be required to wear face-coverings (preferably masks) for the duration of their journey; and windows are to be kept fully opened, as far as practicable, to allow for optimal circulation of air through the vehicle."

User avatar
Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11901
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: People's Republic of Bananas

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby Dizzy28 » September 14th, 2020, 11:58 am

Didn't see anybody put an update
Capture.JPG

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9733
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby pete » September 14th, 2020, 2:03 pm

The response to the very valid question about the increase in %age of positive cases really didn't sit well with me..

I believe I heard the CMO previously say they're getting 600 samples a day so when all the labs are up to full capacity of 1200+/day they can reduce the backlog. BUT.. some interesting things come out of that. The reports show results including samples taken in a 10 day window, every day it's under 300. What's happening to all the samples over 10 days old? Are they discarding them as an asymptomatic person in isolation would be free to return to the public at that time?

User avatar
The_Honourable
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6018
Joined: June 14th, 2009, 3:45 pm
Location: SaaaannnnnDO!

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby The_Honourable » September 14th, 2020, 2:08 pm

Laboratory Confirmed Covid-19 Cases in T&T's Phase 2 (June - September 13th, does not include repatriation)

Image

Comparison of All-cause and Pneumonia-Related Mortality Registrations. The red line signifies the average Pneumonia Related death rate in years gone by.

Image

Daily Covid-19 Positive cases by date collected (as at Sept 13th) :shock: :?

Image

Age-Sex Distribution of Confirmed Cases and Deaths

Image

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15276
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » September 14th, 2020, 2:20 pm

pete wrote:The response to the very valid question about the increase in %age of positive cases really didn't sit well with me..
what was the response tendered?

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9733
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby pete » September 14th, 2020, 2:29 pm

That it shows the success of the testing strategy.

Even though internationally a successful testing strategy produces fewer than 5% positives.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9080
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » September 14th, 2020, 2:31 pm

hmm. 15% of men who died were under the age of 50. including men in their 30s !

83% are male. allyuh ready to die?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9080
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » September 14th, 2020, 2:39 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Laboratory Confirmed Covid-19 Cases in T&T's Phase 2 (June - September 13th, does not include repatriation)



hey what site do u get these from?

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9733
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby pete » September 14th, 2020, 2:45 pm

redmanjp wrote:hmm. 15% of men who died were under the age of 50. including men in their 30s !

83% are male. allyuh ready to die?


This is probably due to the fact that men weren't wearing masks and/or were going into settings where they were likely to contract it.

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18405
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby K74T » September 14th, 2020, 2:54 pm

redmanjp wrote:hmm. 15% of men who died were under the age of 50. including men in their 30s !

83% are male. allyuh ready to die?
Are you?

User avatar
meccalli
punchin NOS
Posts: 4418
Joined: August 13th, 2009, 10:53 pm
Location: Valsayn
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby meccalli » September 14th, 2020, 3:05 pm

Yep, younger males have been severely affected. Heard of one who developed kidney complications post infection, mid thirties.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14846
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 14th, 2020, 3:08 pm

Guessing younger males tend to lime work and move around more

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod
Posts: 26251
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 14th, 2020, 3:24 pm

K74T wrote:
redmanjp wrote:hmm. 15% of men who died were under the age of 50. including men in their 30s !

83% are male. allyuh ready to die?
Are you?


We all have to at some point in time. You must not fear death

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9080
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » September 14th, 2020, 3:26 pm

pete wrote:
redmanjp wrote:hmm. 15% of men who died were under the age of 50. including men in their 30s !

83% are male. allyuh ready to die?


This is probably due to the fact that men weren't wearing masks and/or were going into settings where they were likely to contract it.


males make up 53% of cases but 83% of deaths. that alone would not explain it. i think it has to do with males having only 1 X chromosome

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18405
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby K74T » September 14th, 2020, 3:29 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
K74T wrote:
redmanjp wrote:hmm. 15% of men who died were under the age of 50. including men in their 30s !

83% are male. allyuh ready to die?
Are you?


We all have to at some point in time. You must not fear death
Who said anything about fearing death?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9080
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » September 14th, 2020, 3:29 pm

meccalli wrote:Yep, younger males have been severely affected. Heard of one who developed kidney complications post infection, mid thirties.


in teh next few months we will see what the long term effects on survivors have on the public health system

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8316
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm
Location: POS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby bluefete » September 14th, 2020, 4:02 pm

Image

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8316
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm
Location: POS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby bluefete » September 14th, 2020, 4:03 pm

We now start to talk about the real thing.

redmanjp wrote:
meccalli wrote:Yep, younger males have been severely affected. Heard of one who developed kidney complications post infection, mid thirties.


in the next few months we will see what the long term effects on survivors have on the public health system

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15276
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 3042 cases, 53 deaths, 2217 active, 772 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » September 14th, 2020, 4:15 pm

pete wrote:That it shows the success of the testing strategy.

Even though internationally a successful testing strategy produces fewer than 5% positives.
That's what trump said.

Would that mean that their testing before was failure?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 152 guests