TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2030 cases, 30 deaths, 1293 active, 707 discharged in T&T

Postby ST Auto » September 4th, 2020, 6:14 pm

Numbers game

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2030 cases, 30 deaths, 1293 active, 707 discharged in T&T

Postby Country_Bookie » September 4th, 2020, 6:33 pm

K74T wrote:Community spread in Jamaica confirmed by PM

FB_IMG_1599256878158.jpeg
Seemed like community spread started a while ago in Jamaica, yet still they went ahead with an election that could've been postponed. Sad that they couldn't learn from our mistakes.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2040 cases, 31 deaths, 1302 active, 707 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » September 4th, 2020, 6:56 pm

Friends,

Does Jamaica have any issues with illegal immigrants?

But yeh, im sure they are not blaming Venezuelans for community spread.

Get your act together Trinis, make a difference.
Last edited by MaxPower on September 4th, 2020, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1984 cases, 29 deaths, 1255 active, 700 discharged in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » September 4th, 2020, 7:10 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:I don't understand how so many people are dying yet HDU and ICU numbers barely changing.

An ICU capacity of 6 is right in line with a hospital the size of Couva. I would be genuinely surprised if they had substantially more than that.

Perhaps instead of saying "6 in ICU", they should print "NO ICU BEDS AVAILABLE" for the sake of clarity.

:drinking:

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2040 cases, 31 deaths, 1302 active, 707 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 4th, 2020, 7:17 pm

Tv6 just showed survey of your venes
They basically come here to suck our resources, medical etc.

Hope nobody in your family is displaced in a hospital due to migrants using resources,

MaxPower wrote:Friends,

Does Venezuela have any issues with illegal immigrants?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1984 cases, 29 deaths, 1255 active, 700 discharged in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » September 4th, 2020, 7:41 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:I don't understand how so many people are dying yet HDU and ICU numbers barely changing.

An ICU capacity of 6 is right in line with a hospital the size of Couva. I would be genuinely surprised if they had substantially more than that.

Perhaps instead of saying "6 in ICU", they should print "NO ICU BEDS AVAILABLE" for the sake of clarity.

:drinking:

They actually had 7 in ICU yesterday I believe, but if capacity is maxed out then many more will die.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 2040 cases, 31 deaths, 1302 active, 707 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » September 4th, 2020, 7:54 pm

pugboy wrote:Tv6 just showed survey of your venes
They basically come here to suck our resources, medical etc.

Hope nobody in your family is displaced in a hospital due to migrants using resources,

Does Venezuela have any issues with illegal immigrants?

Hello pugboy,

Oh gosh my good man im sorry,

I meant to ask about Jamaica.

Edited*

But as you mentioned,

I wont say suck our resources, more like share.

What ever resources a Vene can get, a Trini should be more than capable to do the same. The problem is that Trinis have a difficult time working for resources.....what you expect bro? You want them get it free? Hadda get out there and work pa.

Btw,

So many cases of Covid, ANY word at all on no beds available to Trinis due to overcrowding from Venes?

Remember the beat up bro? When people crying about oh what about if it have one more bed and there is a trini and a vene, who will get the bed bla bla bla?

Not happening broski.

Resources are here to share.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 4th, 2020, 7:57 pm

Thier election was not due til next year.
Country_Bookie wrote:
K74T wrote:Community spread in Jamaica confirmed by PM

FB_IMG_1599256878158.jpeg
Seemed like community spread started a while ago in Jamaica, yet still they went ahead with an election that could've been postponed. Sad that they couldn't learn from our mistakes.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » September 4th, 2020, 9:26 pm

Jamaica’s borders are open and have been for awhile. I have several business interests there. Stop grasping at a completely different situation for comparison

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 4th, 2020, 9:53 pm

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/09/04/griffith-keep-a-doctors-note-close-if-not-wearing-mask/
Griffith: Keep a doctor's note close if not wearing mask
RYAN HAMILTON-DAVIS 3 HRS AGO

Police Commissioner Gary Griffith puts on his mask during Wednesday's media briefing at the Police Administration Building in Port of Spain. - Angelo Marcelle
Police have advised people to keep in their possession notes and doctors' orders which hinder them from wearing masks.

On Wednesday at the weekly police press briefing at the Police Administration building in Port of Spain, Commissioner Gary Griffith gave the advice while speaking to reporters.

He was responding to questions about the new regulations making masks mandatory.

The regulation says that people could be fined $1,000 if they are found without masks, except for a few instances, including having a mental or medical condition which hinders them from wearing one.

The regulation includes children older than eight.

He warned, “This is not a situation where everyone with asthma can say, 'Well, I have asthma so I am not wearing a mask.' We are asking you that you keep that paperwork in your possession, because if you are stopped by a police officer, obviously the officer will have to give you a ticket (if you don’t wear your mask). And for mental illness...well...unless you have a certificate that says you are mad...”

The commissioner said since the law was passed, police have used the power of persuasion on people seen without masks. He said for the most part people have been responsible and have been complying with the laws, whether through an abundance of common sense or fear of being ticketed.

“This is a matter of national security and concern. We are trying to use persuasion and remind people as much as possible, rather than being high-handed.

"Of course if we see a nine-year-old child picking mangoes at the side of the road we are not going to rush in there to give tickets. In these times a $1,000 ticket could be a lot for a family.

"If, however, two 16-year-olds are being obnoxious and refuse to listen, then yes, tickets flying left, right and centre.”

In an earlier report, Attorney General Faris Al-Rawi said the clause about an underlying medical, physical or mental condition was not specifically defined. He said if you have a reasonable cause for not wearing a mask, you would first have to justify it to a police officer. Barring that, you can justify yourself in court, if you choose to challenge the ticket.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 4th, 2020, 10:13 pm

j.o.e wrote:

Jamaica’s borders are open and have been for awhile. I have several business interests there. Stop grasping at a completely different situation for comparison

Hello j.o.e,

Are you aware of Jamaica’s quarantine orders for anyone entering?

It’s the exact situation for direct comparison.

Don’t be fooled with T&T’s “closed borders”......MANY citizens were allowed in so its exactly as if the borders were open.

Trinis are breaching the quarantine orders and are the main reason for community spread.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » September 4th, 2020, 10:18 pm

MaxPower wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Hello j.o.e,

Don’t be fooled with T&T’s “closed borders”......MANY citizens were allowed in so its exactly as if the borders were open.

Trinis are breaching the quarantine orders and are the main reason for community spread.

It is NOT the same. They stopped state quarantining a long time ago. We only recently stopped because of the spike. When you close your borders and have illegal immigrants you cannot deny that they are a source of infection. Give up on trying to pretend they are not a problem.
Venezuela is a failed society, there is a reason they are risking coming here. The Venezuelans coming are not the upstanding citizens you would like to pretend they are.
The worst parts of Trinidad are a dream compared to their slums.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 4th, 2020, 10:31 pm

MaxPower wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Hello j.o.e,

Max I usually agree with you, but you're spinning here.

14 day quarentines are and have been the normal during this pandemic for most of the world.

There are still 3000+ stranded citizens, many who have been left in the dark. Join some of the stranded Trini Facebook groups and see for yourself.

The reason for the spread is that trinis got complacent, and yes the government boasting about beating Covid contributed to this complacency.

Also trinis have never had to face real hardship, discipline is never one of our strong points so the rampant community spread will continue.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 4th, 2020, 10:35 pm

j.o.e wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Hello j.o.e,

It is NOT the same. They stopped state quarantining a long time ago. We only recently stopped because of the spike. When you close your borders and have illegal immigrants you cannot deny that they are a source of infection. Give up on trying to pretend they are not a problem.
Venezuela is a failed society, there is a reason they are risking coming here. The Venezuelans coming are not the upstanding citizens you would like to pretend they are.

Where is the proof/evidence of illegals entering?

As far as i know there were only a few boats that were intercepted.

How many are coming here daily?

Where are the “he say she say” getting their info from? If they claim to “know”, then why isnt it being stopped?

How do you know that the Venezuelans coming here are not upstanding citizens?

It is quite obvious that the majority of Venezuelans are outright outperforming locals.

We can discuss this in my Venezuelan thread if you like, so as to not clutter this one.

If not, it was a pleasure chatting as always, j.o.e.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 4th, 2020, 10:40 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Hello j.o.e,

Max I usually agree with you, but you're spinning here.

14 day quarentines are and have been the normal during this pandemic for most of the world.

There are still 3000+ stranded citizens, many who have been left in the dark. Join some of the stranded Trini Facebook groups and see for yourself.

The reason for the spread is that trinis got complacent, and yes the government boasting about beating Covid contributed to this complacency.

Also trinis have never had to face real hardship, discipline is never one of our strong points so the rampant community spread will continue.

Hello DPD,

Hmmm i guess you’re right, i may be spinning a bit, i will try to unwind.

But i agree with you,

All i am saying is that Trinis returning from abroad did not self quarantine which contributed to the majority of community spread also taking into consideration the one or two Venezuelans who were able to infiltrate the borders.

Totally agree with the topic of complacency.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 4th, 2020, 10:46 pm

lol
them trinis coming from abroad came via pirogues in cedros and moruga?
go pee and go in yuh bed

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » September 4th, 2020, 11:16 pm

trinis returning from abroad since the borders closed had to go into mandatory STATE quarantine Max, guarded by security- what self quarantine are u talking about?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 5th, 2020, 1:05 am

Screenshot_20200905_010305.jpg

Yesterday just had the most Covid cases ever, 300k.

Expect these numbers to increase as India continues to rise and second waves hit a number of countries.

Anyone know how many ICU and HDU units are available for Covid-19? Is it 6 ICU in Couva and 2 ICU in Caura?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 5th, 2020, 5:40 am

Seeing that allyuh guessing and MOH not telling allyuh nothing. ICU is now filled to capacity. There are patients who supposed to be in ICU and they are in regular rooms on ventilators.

My persons have said f$%÷ that gag order. Who vex vex. Population needs to know how serious this thing is because people playing the arse

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 5th, 2020, 6:04 am

lefff foot, rigggght foot!

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » September 5th, 2020, 6:13 am

Shakes what's the total capacity of ICU?

Seeing as it hasn't changed number in days. It amazing how this govt pulled a trump and controlled the flow of information and people actually believe it
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Seeing that allyuh guessing and MOH not telling allyuh nothing. ICU is now filled to capacity. There are patients who supposed to be in ICU and they are in regular rooms on ventilators.

My persons have said f$%÷ that gag order. Who vex vex. Population needs to know how serious this thing is because people playing the arse

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » September 5th, 2020, 6:19 am

Country in shambles but we functioning as normal because everybody fraid a 2 weeks home, money hadda make ent?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 5th, 2020, 6:35 am

jhonnieblue wrote:Shakes what's the total capacity of ICU?

Seeing as it hasn't changed number in days. It amazing how this govt pulled a trump and controlled the flow of information and people actually believe it
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Seeing that allyuh guessing and MOH not telling allyuh nothing. ICU is now filled to capacity. There are patients who supposed to be in ICU and they are in regular rooms on ventilators.

remember, u will get the numbers of who IN there, not who SUPPOSED to be in there.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » September 5th, 2020, 6:53 am

if someone stays home, works remotely,only leave home to go grocrey, market or important business an when they do leave home is mask, sanitizer, social distancing etc, would this be effective to not getting the C19 virus ?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » September 5th, 2020, 7:01 am

so what is next step ?
more ventilators and expand icu ?
it can’t go on like that for longer if there is demand

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 5th, 2020, 7:10 am

pugboy wrote:so what is next step ?

the next step is to expand guides and belgroves. the problem with severe covid, is not ventilation. they can move thier lungs just fine. the problem is gas exchange. they can move thier lungs, but the lung tissue cant exchange the o2 and co2. the increased co2 levels stimuates the lungs to work harder breathing, to try to exchange more gasses, but it doesnt work, so u get 'tiring out'. breathing muscles and heart muscles get tired and give up.

some places are trying ECMO. ECMO stands for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. like what dialysis is to kidneys, this is to gas exchange in the lungs. not sure about the success rate. and it looks quite intensive in machinery, set up, monitoring. it just buys time for the body to repair itself and get back to breathing normal.

the article that duane posted, is the best news thus far, to help prevent it from reaching that extent in the first place.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 5th, 2020, 8:14 am

pugboy wrote:so what is next step ?

Daz just it...doctors dont even know the next step...terrence is the man with answers

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 5th, 2020, 8:17 am

MaxPower wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
j.o.e wrote:

Hello j.o.e,

Where is the proof/evidence of illegals entering?

As far as i know there were only a few boats that were intercepted.

How many are coming here daily?

Where are the “he say she say” getting their info from? If they claim to “know”, then why isnt it being stopped?

How do you know that the Venezuelans coming here are not upstanding citizens?

It is quite obvious that the majority of Venezuelans are outright outperforming locals.

We can discuss this in my Venezuelan thread if you like, so as to not clutter this one.

If not, it was a pleasure chatting as always, j.o.e.

YOUR venezuelan thread :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
anyway , look the answer to your question. I kno reading isn't sumn you good at, so follow the link, watch the short video, & listen.

https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/no- ... ccd2e.html

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 5th, 2020, 10:18 am

jhonnieblue wrote:Shakes what's the total capacity of ICU?

ICU capacity usage is projected to begin relaxing.Image

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”