TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 5511 cases, 105 deaths, 1321 active, 4085 recovered in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

adnj
punchin NOS
Posts: 2717
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1773 cases, 25 deaths, 1063 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby adnj » September 1st, 2020, 9:39 pm

Numb3r4 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:are they at least using steroids or something in that ICU? i mean yes there isn't any approved treatment for the virus itself but can't they not treat symptoms?


Have a read:

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... osteroids/

Recommendations for Patients with COVID-19
On the basis of the preliminary report from the RECOVERY trial, the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) recommends using dexamethasone 6 mg per day for up to 10 days or until hospital discharge, whichever comes first, for the treatment of COVID-19 in hospitalized patients who are mechanically ventilated (AI) and in hospitalized patients who require supplemental oxygen but who are not mechanically ventilated (BI).
The Panel recommends against using dexamethasone for the treatment of COVID-19 in patients who do not require supplemental oxygen (AI).
If dexamethasone is not available, the Panel recommends using alternative glucocorticoids such as prednisone, methylprednisolone, or hydrocortisone (see Additional Considerations below for dosing recommendations) (AIII).

However in some cases steroids can harm the patient which is why they need to test to see if the patient will respond to it.

As with this article:
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/cor ... -treatment

A blood test may show which COVID-19 patients steroids will help — or harm
Treatment timing can dramatically lower risk of death or needing a ventilator, or raise it

A cheap and easy blood test for inflammation may help determine which COVID-19 patients will benefit from getting steroids.

It is clear that steroids doesn't help everyone and to determine who it helps requires testing? It begs the question are we or can we test?

From the Article:

Among 1,806 patients in the study admitted to Montefiore’s four hospitals from March 11 to April 13, 140 were prescribed steroids. In 198 patients with levels of C-reactive protein of 20 milligrams per deciliter of blood or higher, steroid use reduced the chance of going a ventilator or dying by 77 percent, compared with those not taking the drugs. But in people whose C-reactive protein levels were 10mg/dL or lower, steroids increased the chance of death or ventilation by 2.64 to 3.14 times compared with those not taking the drug.

“Steroids are not appropriate for all. It’s just as important to avoid giving steroids to the people who may be harmed as it is to give steroids that may benefit,” Southern says.



when asked about treatment the CMO said it's just supportive care- what dat mean? just ventilator alone? as i said before, they said NO TREATMENTS WERE APPROVED!


Maybe different Doctors and countries have different treatment options, depends on what is available.
Maybe there are no approved treatments because they don't have the supplies, or as the article said they can't determine who said drugs would work best for.
There are no approved treatments because there have been only limited successes but no widespread successes with any drugs currently available and used for treatment, including remdesivir, hydroxychloroquine and blood plasma.

Advertisement
Numb3r4
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1596
Joined: May 22nd, 2013, 8:48 am
Location: Fyzabad

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby Numb3r4 » September 1st, 2020, 9:41 pm

Well there you go.

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod
Posts: 25807
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 1st, 2020, 9:43 pm

Let's see if this rumour would make it to the media. Last week a covid+ pregnant person went into the hospital in Grande to deliver. She was made to wait for at least an hour because no1 wanted to tend to her.

A veteran doctor took it upon himself to do the delivery in isolation. Btw the lady had no symptoms etc eh. Family is now contemplating a lawsuit against the hospital


Redress10
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1122
Joined: July 15th, 2014, 1:04 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby Redress10 » September 2nd, 2020, 12:44 am

The numbers for testing looks high for other countries because alot of their testing is done via rapid tests. Our tests as I am aware are all lab based. Lab based tests are always more reliable.

I'm sure when we get rapid tests the numbers for testing would skyrocket.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14293
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 2nd, 2020, 4:48 am

We only test if you have obvious symptoms or were primary contact

Redress10 wrote:The numbers for testing looks high for other countries because alot of their testing is done via rapid tests. Our tests as I am aware are all lab based. Lab based tests are always more reliable.

I'm sure when we get rapid tests the numbers for testing would skyrocket.

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod
Posts: 25807
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 2nd, 2020, 5:30 am

Proof of how moh MOH testing date is GOBAR. My same partner, whose father is in ICU, his entire immediate family of 5 waiting for results 3 weeks now and he was told to self quarantine. He has done his part and stayed at home. He is waiting for a "fit to work" paper and can't get it yet. For the 3 weeks, only 3 calls were received to ensure he "staying home".

Thankfully he and his family is ok

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14293
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 2nd, 2020, 5:36 am

hope he gets out of icu soon

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Proof of how moh MOH testing date is GOBAR. My same partner, whose father is in ICU, his entire immediate family of 5 waiting for results 3 weeks now and he was told to self quarantine. He has done his part and stayed at home. He is waiting for a "fit to work" paper and can't get it yet. For the 3 weeks, only 3 calls were received to ensure he "staying home".

Thankfully he and his family is ok

User avatar
Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 15611
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 8:07 am
Location: playing with above and below
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby Dave » September 2nd, 2020, 6:24 am

The testing numbers may be skewed.
A family member has some heart issues and needed medical treatment but a hospital nor private institution won't admit unless he had a covid test done.
So ppl like him not exhibiting any symptoms need testing and may be counted and disclosed as a test done and public interpret as ppl are being tested due to possible exposure.
Something to think about.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20759
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby zoom rader » September 2nd, 2020, 8:02 am

All these problems cause of a selfish government and citizens have died and are in danger .

Carry on

elec2020
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 902
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby elec2020 » September 2nd, 2020, 9:55 am

It late today. MoH have a special teleconference today or sumn?

User avatar
ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 831
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 10:09 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby ST Auto » September 2nd, 2020, 9:57 am

Updates are usually at 10am and 6pm
elec2020 wrote:It late today. MoH have a special teleconference today or sumn?

elec2020
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 902
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby elec2020 » September 2nd, 2020, 10:04 am

I always thought it was between 9 and 10. My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

User avatar
ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 831
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 10:09 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby ST Auto » September 2nd, 2020, 10:20 am

42+, 1death
118775981_3666609646702150_8359503495630200781_o.jpeg
118763113_3666609513368830_4782741864342883356_o.jpeg

User avatar
Picasso
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5001
Joined: April 28th, 2005, 8:24 am
Location: In a Big Body old car

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby Picasso » September 2nd, 2020, 10:22 am




goalpost
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2408
Joined: June 24th, 2010, 8:18 am
Location: South by night, North by day

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby goalpost » September 2nd, 2020, 10:49 am

Awaits MoH conference to somehow spin these spike in deaths as something positive.

Getting ridiculous now. Even with the so-called addition in the so-called lockdown (essential services alone in the public sector), there seems to be more and more people outside. Traffic is even worse.

adnj
punchin NOS
Posts: 2717
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby adnj » September 2nd, 2020, 10:54 am

Study suggests people who believe COVID-19 conspiracy theories get the misinformation from social media


Here are a few key highlights of findings from the survey:

3 in 10 think coronavirus was probably created in a lab, up from a quarter at the beginning of April.

3 in 10 think most people in the U.K. have already had coronavirus without realizing it.

3 in 10 believe the COVID-19 death toll is being deliberately reduced or hidden by the authorities.

1 in 7 believe the death toll is being deliberately exaggerated by the authorities.

1 in 8 believe that the current pandemic is part of a global effort to force everyone to be vaccinated.

More than 1 in 20 believe that the symptoms that most people blame on Covid-19 appear to be connected to 5G network radiation.

More than 1 in 20 believe there is no hard evidence that COVID-19 really exists.


https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/study ... cial-media

elec2020
I LUV THIS PLACE
Posts: 902
Joined: February 23rd, 2019, 7:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby elec2020 » September 2nd, 2020, 10:54 am

^ Dr. Jeanine St Bernard made it appear that the rise in deaths is because those who have been released on self quarantine are not coming forward and admitting to doctors that there symptoms have worsened.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/trinidadex ... f.amp.html

User avatar
tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 773
Joined: November 22nd, 2004, 8:35 pm
Location: in de ppl dem warehouse
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1759 cases, 22 deaths, 1061 active, 676 discharged in T&T

Postby tropi_flakes » September 2nd, 2020, 11:15 am

Well I went back in this morning, didn't do a swab tho just vitals, and got an additional 7 day sick leave until my results hopefully come. If not I gotta go back in next week for an additional 7 day sick leave.
Ted_v2 wrote:
tropi_flakes wrote:Morning fellas, anyone here still waiting on results after 14 days? My 14 up and when i contacted the center they stated they don't have my results at yet.


saw a similar post from someone on facebook.

went in for a other issue not covid, doctor decided to do the test and play safe even tho some symptoms was hit and miss
wrote 14 day sick leave, at the end of the sick leave, the results was lost or the test itself IDK but had to retake one and wait another 14 days. I still following this and would update once i get some info.

madness.

could imagine the workplace tho? people prob freaking out

User avatar
pete
3NE 2NR Moderator
Posts: 9641
Joined: April 18th, 2003, 1:19 pm
Location: Cruisin around in da GTi
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby pete » September 2nd, 2020, 11:27 am

They need to say why they aren't completing more tests. 263 yesterday, 220 for the two days before that.

Something is definitely going wrong there. And with positivity rates over 20% since that day with the miraculous 1600 completed tests we definitely have a big problem.

Ben_spanna
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2282
Joined: October 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby Ben_spanna » September 2nd, 2020, 12:26 pm

Yeah, this covid is a hoax, its not real, why d hell i have to wear a mask for!
More will die, and yet stupid idiots in Trinidad still having house parties and liming and refusing to wear masks.

Redress10
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1122
Joined: July 15th, 2014, 1:04 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1797 cases, 27 deaths, 1085 active, 685 discharged in T&T

Postby Redress10 » September 2nd, 2020, 12:47 pm

pete wrote:They need to say why they aren't completing more tests. 263 yesterday, 220 for the two days before that.

Something is definitely going wrong there. And with positivity rates over 20% since that day with the miraculous 1600 completed tests we definitely have a big problem.


Lab based tests take alot of time and involve a lot of protocols.

User avatar
The_Honourable
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5833
Joined: June 14th, 2009, 3:45 pm
Location: SaaaannnnnDO!

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1839 cases, 28 deaths, 1120 active, 691 discharged in T&T

Postby The_Honourable » September 2nd, 2020, 1:14 pm

PAHO: TT needs to increase testing

Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) director of the Department of Communicable Diseases Dr Marcos Espinal said TT is still not testing as much as it should.

He was speaking during TTT’s NOW morning show on Tuesday.

Espinal said Mauritius in East Africa, which has a population comparable to TT, has done over 200,000 tests, as compared to TT’s almost 24,000. “It is important to increase the testing because otherwise we will not know what the magnitude of the problem is. Another example is Costa Rica which has created mobile teams to ensure people who are isolated are followed properly to make sure they received their medicines, food and they are taken care of by family or relatives.

This is because you don’t have to hospitalise everyone, it is important as there are best practices and PAHO is willing to assist.”

The testing rate in TT is currently at five per cent. Up to July 20, before the current spike in covid19 cases began, 4,557 unique samples had been tested in the public health system, from which 137 people had tested positive. This totalled three per cent of tests done. As of Tuesday morning, 20,729 tests had been carried out, of which 1,063 samples had tested positive. This totalled 5.13 per cent of tests done. In March, the WHO said between three and 12 per cent of tests have been positive in countries where extensive testing has taken place.

World Health Organization (WHO)/PAHO Rep for TT and the Dutch Kingdom Islands Dr Erica Wheeler, also speaking on the NOW morning show, said the antigen tests announced by the health minster on Monday would assist in the ramping up of testing. PAHO is assisting the government in purchasing the testing kits.

“What PAHO is assisting the country to do is to decentralise the testing, to make it easier for people to go to the primary care level, meaning to their clinics, and be tested there, so this is going to make a great difference. We call it a “game-changer,” these antigen tests, because the turn-around time is going to be very quick. Between 15 and 30 minutes you can have a test done, and this will make a really big difference in being able to ramp up the testing, not just in district hospitals and in Couva and Caura, but also in the clinics, so that’s really important.”

The new rapid antigen test kits cost US$6 each and will be an investment of US$960,000 for TT. The new technology gives the capacity to do antigen testing that has an all-round accuracy of 95 per cent.

Source: https://newsday.co.tt/2020/09/02/paho-t ... e-testing/

User avatar
FrankChag
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 293
Joined: May 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm
Location: typing...

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1839 cases, 28 deaths, 1120 active, 691 discharged in T&T

Postby FrankChag » September 2nd, 2020, 2:18 pm

Face shields (alone) and Masks with exhale values might be helping community spread.
I know who i'll be avoiding in the grocery.


https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0022968 Published Online: 01 September 2020; Accepted: July 2020

Visualizing droplet dispersal for face shields and masks with exhalation valves

Several places across the world are experiencing a steep surge in COVID-19 infections. Face masks have become increasingly accepted as one of the most effective means for combating the spread of the disease when used in combination with social-distancing and frequent hand-washing. However, there is an increasing trend of people substituting regular cloth or surgical masks with clear plastic face shields and with masks equipped with exhalation valves. One of the factors driving this increased adoption is improved comfort compared to regular masks. However, there is a possibility that widespread public use of these alternatives to regular masks could have an adverse effect on mitigation efforts. To help increase public awareness regarding the effectiveness of these alternative options, we use qualitative visualizations to examine the performance of face shields and exhalation valves in impeding the spread of aerosol-sized droplets. The visualizations indicate that although face shields block the initial forward motion of the jet, the expelled droplets can move around the visor with relative ease and spread out over a large area depending on light ambient disturbances. Visualizations for a mask equipped with an exhalation port indicate that a large number of droplets pass through the exhale valve unfiltered, which significantly reduces its effectiveness as a means of source control. Our observations suggest that to minimize the community spread of COVID-19, it may be preferable to use high-quality cloth or surgical masks that are of a plain design, instead of face shields and masks equipped with exhale valves.

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14599
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1839 cases, 28 deaths, 1120 active, 691 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » September 2nd, 2020, 2:27 pm

Paho hymc,
Sincerely Terrance.
The_Honourable wrote:PAHO: TT needs to increase testing

Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) director of the Department of Communicable Diseases Dr Marcos Espinal said TT is still not testing as much as it should.

He was speaking during TTT’s NOW morning show on Tuesday.

Espinal said Mauritius in East Africa, which has a population comparable to TT, has done over 200,000 tests, as compared to TT’s almost 24,000. “It is important to increase the testing because otherwise we will not know what the magnitude of the problem is. Another example is Costa Rica which has created mobile teams to ensure people who are isolated are followed properly to make sure they received their medicines, food and they are taken care of by family or relatives.

This is because you don’t have to hospitalise everyone, it is important as there are best practices and PAHO is willing to assist.”

The testing rate in TT is currently at five per cent. Up to July 20, before the current spike in covid19 cases began, 4,557 unique samples had been tested in the public health system, from which 137 people had tested positive. This totalled three per cent of tests done. As of Tuesday morning, 20,729 tests had been carried out, of which 1,063 samples had tested positive. This totalled 5.13 per cent of tests done. In March, the WHO said between three and 12 per cent of tests have been positive in countries where extensive testing has taken place.

World Health Organization (WHO)/PAHO Rep for TT and the Dutch Kingdom Islands Dr Erica Wheeler, also speaking on the NOW morning show, said the antigen tests announced by the health minster on Monday would assist in the ramping up of testing. PAHO is assisting the government in purchasing the testing kits.

“What PAHO is assisting the country to do is to decentralise the testing, to make it easier for people to go to the primary care level, meaning to their clinics, and be tested there, so this is going to make a great difference. We call it a “game-changer,” these antigen tests, because the turn-around time is going to be very quick. Between 15 and 30 minutes you can have a test done, and this will make a really big difference in being able to ramp up the testing, not just in district hospitals and in Couva and Caura, but also in the clinics, so that’s really important.”

The new rapid antigen test kits cost US$6 each and will be an investment of US$960,000 for TT. The new technology gives the capacity to do antigen testing that has an all-round accuracy of 95 per cent.

Source: https://newsday.co.tt/2020/09/02/paho-t ... e-testing/



The rapid tests, is two tests more expensive than the regular tests?

If it's cheaper, then use two successive rapid tests to Screen for the normal Tests. As long as u get a positive, then that will forward u to get a regular test.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8671
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1839 cases, 28 deaths, 1120 active, 691 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » September 2nd, 2020, 3:00 pm

I think the regular PCR test is much more expensive but more accurate.

But the antigen test are very cheap so they should expand testing with these tests. Test all asymptomatic persons who are contacts of positive cases.
Also test anyone requiring a test for medical reasons like surgery dental procedures etc.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14293
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1839 cases, 28 deaths, 1120 active, 691 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 2nd, 2020, 3:15 pm

terrance doh care bout paho
he using some WHO metric for testing instead

adnj
punchin NOS
Posts: 2717
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1839 cases, 28 deaths, 1120 active, 691 discharged in T&T

Postby adnj » September 2nd, 2020, 3:17 pm

redmanjp wrote:I think the regular PCR test is much more expensive but more accurate.

But the antigen test are very cheap so they should expand testing with these tests. Test all asymptomatic persons who are contacts of positive cases.
Also test anyone requiring a test for medical reasons like surgery dental procedures etc.
A PCR swab test costs US$100 to US$200. The newest Abbott antigen test costs US$5 and processes in 15 minutes.

viewtopic.php?p=10082381#p10082381

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18122
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1839 cases, 28 deaths, 1120 active, 691 discharged in T&T

Postby K74T » September 2nd, 2020, 6:15 pm

81 more positive
FB_IMG_1599084906315.jpeg

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14293
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1839 cases, 28 deaths, 1120 active, 691 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » September 2nd, 2020, 6:16 pm

lockdown huh
they stop saying how many non nationals

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: antlind, Dohplaydat, Duane 3NE 2NR, jsali, Redman and 126 guests