TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1384 cases, 15 deaths, 1177 active, 192 discharged in T&T

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 27th, 2020, 11:32 am

ST Auto wrote:I don't think ppl quite understand that covid is here to stay. After a two week lockdown we cud very well have another wave an the cycle will just continue. What are we going to do then? Lock down again? Time for lockdown has passed. Too many super spreader events in a short period of time. Ppl need to adhere to what the government has been saying from day one.

What a surprise, I never believed you would post a non partisan talking point and actually agree with the science of Dr Keith, just last night I was listening to Sadro talk show on the radio and UNC people were calling in and saying how glad they were that Covid is spreading how their heart is filled with joy because it is happening under PNM I just had to smh

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1384 cases, 15 deaths, 1177 active, 192 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » August 27th, 2020, 11:50 am

ST Auto wrote:Active cases should still include all the ppl that is currently positive an who are in state/home quarantine

well it appears the active cases figure does include the 600+ ppl in home quarantine

is now they need to update the maps of their locations as they no longer in the state facilities

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 27th, 2020, 11:56 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
ST Auto wrote:I don't think ppl quite understand that covid is here to stay. After a two week lockdown we cud very well have another wave an the cycle will just continue. What are we going to do then? Lock down again? Time for lockdown has passed. Too many super spreader events in a short period of time. Ppl need to adhere to what the government has been saying from day one.

What a surprise, I never believed you would post a non partisan talking point and actually agree with the science of Dr Keith, just last night I was listening to Sadro talk show on the radio and UNC people were calling in and saying how glad they were that Covid is spreading how their heart is filled with joy because it is happening under PNM I just had to smh

Lying/massaging/manipulating Covid-19 stats to "look good", pre and post election is abhorrent and sickening. Defending that sheit is likewise abhorrent and sickening. Support of a party does not mean being an unquestioning sheep like you and Max Cax and almost ALL of the Left Foot, Right Foot Dotish PNM crew here on 2NR.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » August 27th, 2020, 11:57 am

So...402 people get better overnight?

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » August 27th, 2020, 12:00 pm

Our ability to control covid19 would require societies to demonstrate behavior that is indicative of 'the best of us' attributes.
A purely clinical approach without values and cultural adjustments would allow this infectious monster critical windows of opportunity.
Already this pandemic has turned everything upside down and where we have been conditioned to look for solutions is buckling under the pressure.
Even if a vaccine is developed, can one realLy expect deployment in T&T in less than 2 years.
We need to take seriously the need for introspection and redefinition of what we stand for and this applies to all of us.
Covid 19 has made nonsense of such things as territorial boundaries, class, ethnicity, gender, age etc. which we hold dear.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 27th, 2020, 12:08 pm

pete wrote:The justification for being able to home quarantine is that as we already have community spread it's already out in public so doesn't really matter.

I dunno why they can't give people quarantining a fete band to keep on for the duration of their quarantine period. That way if you're in public people will know. (How did they know the policeman in Tobago was supposed to be quarantined?)

If at the end of your quarantine period your band is damaged or removed you get fined. If it's damaged ya need to call and someone will give you a new one etc.

i like this idea

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » August 27th, 2020, 12:16 pm

Ed hush yuh BUGWAAANAAA. All they doing right now is manipulation of numbers.
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 27th, 2020, 12:48 pm

goalpost wrote:So...402 people get better overnight?

perhaps they were asymptomatic and awaiting test results but now discharged under the new criteria?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 27th, 2020, 12:50 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:
pete wrote:The justification for being able to home quarantine is that as we already have community spread it's already out in public so doesn't really matter.

I dunno why they can't give people quarantining a fete band to keep on for the duration of their quarantine period. That way if you're in public people will know. (How did they know the policeman in Tobago was supposed to be quarantined?)

If at the end of your quarantine period your band is damaged or removed you get fined. If it's damaged ya need to call and someone will give you a new one etc.

i like this idea

nah it should be a gps braclet with anti tampering alert. how would anyone know u are +ve if u took it off?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 27th, 2020, 1:01 pm

There is nothing much anybody can do anymore besides follow the mask, social distancing and hygiene guidelines. It's up to individuals. We all going to get it, if not this year, the next year, or the next year. The virus isn't going to disappear like others we've had in the recent past. It's here with humans forever. People are just not coming to terms with this at all, or maybe they're using it as an excuse to be nasty.

I observed today everybody queued to wash hands at the grocery, this man come and wet his hands under the pipe, no soap at all and went in. He seemed so pleased with himself, like if he escaped the system somehow. And yes, his nose was uncovered because his nose was connected to his anus, not his lungs. Observed a lot of Venezuelan women too with the nose uncovered. Plenty people seem to have nose-to-asshole physiology that medicine eh know about.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 27th, 2020, 1:22 pm

^ maj their excuse is thy can't get oxygen if they mask covering their nose

The famous local ganja activist on facebook actually had a post the other day on her FB page trying to prove that you can't get oxygen when wearing a mask and you can't breathe even worse she went onto say well not her but she get some rasta herb padner on a video claiming he has the cure for Covid and she agreeing with him and thing making people feel smoking weed and eating some weird fruit going to cure covid and make you immune to covid that is why you see people doing this kind of dunce stuff

We need the mask law ASAP, government sticking bad on this. Should have passed this law before election jail them who wearing masks improperly also

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 27th, 2020, 1:28 pm

The oxygen/CO2 excuse is completely bogus. There are numerous experiments with a Pulse Oximeter to show that the oxygen levels in the red blood cells do not change even with 8 hours of straight mask wearing. Plenty of them to see on YouTube. Or just buy one and check it yourself. And scientific evidence from thousands of doctors and nurses who have to wear the masks all day everyday.

So those nose-to-asshole people on sheit... well actually that may explain it... sheit particles passed through their blood-brain barrier.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 27th, 2020, 1:50 pm

FDA authorizes Abbott’s fast $5 COVID-19 test

Abbott’s BinaxNOW uses the same technology as a pregnancy test

By Nicole Wetsman

on August 26, 2020 8:18 pm

The test returns results in 15 minutes.

Abbott Laboratories

A COVID-19 test that takes 15 minutes and can be run without lab equipment was just granted emergency use authorization by the Food and Drug Administration. It will cost $5, and runs on a simple card that uses the same technology as a pregnancy test.

The test, called BinaxNOW, is produced by the health care company Abbott. The company is also launching an app that syncs up with the tests, and gives people who test negative for the virus a “digital health pass” that they can display on their phone. CEO Robert Ford said in a statement that the combination of the test and the app offer a “comprehensive testing solution.”

The company said in a press release that it plans to produce 50 million tests per month by October.

“Due to its simpler design and the large number of tests the company anticipates making in the coming months, this new antigen test is an important advancement in our fight against the pandemic,” said Jeff Shuren, director of the FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health, in a statement.

The test can be used in doctors’ offices, emergency rooms, and even schools, according to the FDA statement. It runs off a nasal swab. Then, the patient nasal sample gets inserted directly into the BinaxNOW card, and a colored line appears if the test is positive for coronavirus.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2 ... cheap-fast

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 27th, 2020, 1:57 pm

maj. tom wrote:The oxygen/CO2 excuse is completely bogus. There are numerous experiments with a Pulse Oximeter to show that the oxygen levels in the red blood cells do not change even with 8 hours of straight mask wearing. Plenty of them to see on YouTube. Or just buy one and check it yourself. And scientific evidence from thousands of doctors and nurses who have to wear the masks all day everyday.

So those nose-to-asshole people on sheit... well actually that may explain it... sheit particles passed through their blood-brain barrier.
Perhaps so -- but if there has been very recent physical exertion and/or because of moisture buildup in the filtration media blood oxygen levels may not change but breathing effort and frequency does.

For people that have trouble breathing wearing a surgical mask with no exertion, they likely are on the borderline for prescription oxygen.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 27th, 2020, 2:18 pm

Right it would be a valid complaint, but for the people actually affected like you said there, they have more problems and worries than just the virus. And they should not be out there making mischief for the authorities and the public.

I'm sure you've seen the Karen and Kyle videos in USA, in Walmart, Costco, etc. about how they "can't wear a mask" but have enough energy and oxygen to start a scene cussing and raving about "muh rights!"

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 27th, 2020, 2:28 pm

^ exercise does cause you to need to inhale & exhale more, something that masks may limit. it does make u use more effort to breathe, so sometimes i take it off to get a ease but only when i am alone or socially distanced. but ppl need to know covid will cause worse breathing problems.

Rajeevr84
Street 2NR

Postby Rajeevr84 » August 27th, 2020, 2:29 pm

sMASH wrote:Add in Sweden. If it has to be switched, u can remove either Canada or Spain. Tnx
Rajeevr84 wrote:Here's a comparison to see how Trinidad's covid-19 outbreak currently compares with a few other countries. These are new cases per million using a 7-day moving average.

Included Sweden now.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 27th, 2020, 2:43 pm

They kicked down the door at Caura.

LANGUAGE:

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 27th, 2020, 2:49 pm

Hospital quarantine has failed; failure by both patients and the authorities.

Don't see why they couldn't let the people go out in that big field and sit down outside for some sun and fresh air, socially distanced. So they could sit down together squeeze up like rat in a small ward, but you can't let them go outside in that big field? And the police tell them they can't use their phone? What kind of dotish Trinidad Public Healthcare thinking is that?
Last edited by maj. tom on August 27th, 2020, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby Redman » August 27th, 2020, 2:49 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
Redman wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
Effectic, you need to make a better argument than just saying "drunk" "rum" bleach" etc virtually in ever post. Your posts for the past two months or so has been very tiresome to read with your behavior unacceptable election night.

The part highlighted in bold, you need to read that over a few times to figure out what is wrong with that logic.

Let's be real, if the UNC won and formed the government, they would have been blamed for the covid spike and the deaths following the election. The narrative would have been that PNM was in control and as UNC get into power, numbers spiked and people dying. That's another reason why stats were manipulated. You noticed by not that as elections done, that SAME week, big numbers was released to the public? This is why I am glad Kamla (who is a weak leader) didn't win. Knowing pnmites, they would have brought in race stating that indo want to use covid to kill out afro. Religion would have been in the mix too because pnmites will say that we vote in a hindu govt that praying to idols and look the christian God punishing T&T for voting idol worshippers. I have lived among pnmites a long time, I know their logic VERY well. Now they can't blame kamla and the unc for this pandemic, they are fully blaming the public and using deflection such as "well we have to learn to live with it" etc. The public is partially to blame for not listening, i agree but the government has to take blame also.

It's becoming quite clear that for months, besides low selective testing, the stats were manipulated. Post-lockdown moving from phase 1-4 gave the public a false sense of security. When numbers began to spike in July, we did not roll back because it was quite obvious now that elections was more important than health. Think about that... you put an election over my health? Well here we are.

Lets be real-all in bold is just subjective bile that should be left exactly where you pulled it out from.

Well for you to jump out, I touched that ole pnm nerve eh Redman? because you know is true :lol:

pnm in full control of covid doh frighten 8-)

No I responded because I eh expect you to be in that noise-

You sound like Skippy Barrington

Same divisive 'them and us' BS that has zero value-but significant destructive power.

But hey if that is your thing-

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1384 cases, 15 deaths, 1177 active, 192 discharged in T&T

Postby 2WNBoost » August 27th, 2020, 2:53 pm

The world is in an episode of a nature documentary.
Natural selection
Survival of the fittest

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 27th, 2020, 3:01 pm

and death to the stupid along with their leaders

2WNBoost wrote:The world is in an episode of a nature documentary.
Natural selection
Survival of the fittest

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 27th, 2020, 3:15 pm

Rajeevr84 wrote:
sMASH wrote:Add in Sweden. If it has to be switched, u can remove either Canada or Spain. Tnx
Rajeevr84 wrote:Here's a comparison to see how Trinidad's covid-19 outbreak currently compares with a few other countries. These are new cases per million using a 7-day moving average.

Included Sweden now.

why is the months of april, june and august repeated at the bottom?

Rajeevr84
Street 2NR

Postby Rajeevr84 » August 27th, 2020, 3:41 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Rajeevr84 wrote:

Included Sweden now.

why is the months of april, june and august repeated at the bottom?

The month labels were abbreviated badly, these labels are clearer:

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1429 cases, 15 deaths, 820 active, 594 discharged in T&T

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 27th, 2020, 4:07 pm

Like they got fedup
Attachments
IMG-20200827-WA0114.jpg
IMG-20200827-WA0115.jpg

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby Gladiator » August 27th, 2020, 4:13 pm

Well Redman...please so offer us an alternative explanation as to why these Covid 19 numbers rose just after the election...something that makes sense eh...
Redman wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
Redman wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
Effectic, you need to make a better argument than just saying "drunk" "rum" bleach" etc virtually in ever post. Your posts for the past two months or so has been very tiresome to read with your behavior unacceptable election night.

The part highlighted in bold, you need to read that over a few times to figure out what is wrong with that logic.

Let's be real, if the UNC won and formed the government, they would have been blamed for the covid spike and the deaths following the election. The narrative would have been that PNM was in control and as UNC get into power, numbers spiked and people dying. That's another reason why stats were manipulated. You noticed by not that as elections done, that SAME week, big numbers was released to the public? This is why I am glad Kamla (who is a weak leader) didn't win. Knowing pnmites, they would have brought in race stating that indo want to use covid to kill out afro. Religion would have been in the mix too because pnmites will say that we vote in a hindu govt that praying to idols and look the christian God punishing T&T for voting idol worshippers. I have lived among pnmites a long time, I know their logic VERY well. Now they can't blame kamla and the unc for this pandemic, they are fully blaming the public and using deflection such as "well we have to learn to live with it" etc. The public is partially to blame for not listening, i agree but the government has to take blame also.

It's becoming quite clear that for months, besides low selective testing, the stats were manipulated. Post-lockdown moving from phase 1-4 gave the public a false sense of security. When numbers began to spike in July, we did not roll back because it was quite obvious now that elections was more important than health. Think about that... you put an election over my health? Well here we are.

Lets be real-all in bold is just subjective bile that should be left exactly where you pulled it out from.

Well for you to jump out, I touched that ole pnm nerve eh Redman? because you know is true

Same divisive 'them and us' BS that has zero value-but significant destructive power.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 27th, 2020, 4:16 pm

Redman wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
Redman wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:

Well for you to jump out, I touched that ole pnm nerve eh Redman? because you know is true :lol:

I love how when the sheit starts hitting the ole Lasko, it's suddenly "we" when just not to long ago, it was "vote for Covid" and "PNM beat Covid" :roll:
People can't be so easily assuaged by hollow unity calls, when they're hungry, unemployed, and scared. Think of how people must be feeling when in just a couple of short weeks, we've gone from "we(PNM) beat Covid" to hundreds of daily cases. Trust easily eroded through lies and manipulation is not as easily restored, especially when people already feel marginalized.
Elections have consequences.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 27th, 2020, 4:19 pm

Gladiator wrote:Well Redman...please so offer us an alternative explanation as to why these Covid 19 numbers rose just after the election...something that makes sense eh...
Redman wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
Redman wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:

Well for you to jump out, I touched that ole pnm nerve eh Redman? because you know is true

He can't

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » August 27th, 2020, 5:56 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Gladiator wrote:Well Redman...please so offer us an alternative explanation as to why these Covid 19 numbers rose just after the election...something that makes sense eh...
Redman wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
Redman wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:

You are right in what you say. If some years ago a female calypsonian could have accused Indo doctors of performing forced sterilizations against Afro females in order to decimate the Afro population how far fetched is it to blame Covid on the UNC? The fact is both parties campaigned in the public which would have caused to spread of the virus but only one party is being blamed. I can't however recall seeing masks and social distancing in the mega hit video for left foot right foot baliser :roll:

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » August 27th, 2020, 6:12 pm

sMASH wrote:I was saying they could use the stadiums and feidls and set 6p tent cities for. Those not critical, as a means of quarantine.
Basic amenities, catered food, wifi, nutting too costly. Just a way to keep them out of circulation in a Cost effective way.

All That police and regiment parade when this thing had started was highly unnecessary.

They went from managing it well with facilities like Hilton or what ever, to putting the people on public transport. So fast the money done?

Waste it in the early and suffering in the late.

I asked this a long time ago why not convert all of our stadia into field hospitals constructed by the Defence Force and bring out some of the unemployed doctors to help out.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”