TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1384 cases, 15 deaths, 1177 active, 192 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » August 26th, 2020, 8:36 pm

Maybe if they had worn their masks and practice social distancing they would not be in this position.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/08/26/covid1 ... t-outside/

Several disgusting covid19 patients at the Caura Hospital broke down a double door, after a dispute with health officials, on Wednesday afternoon.

Newsday understands patients on the women’s ward were restricted from going outside. This led to a short argument and the women reportedly kicked the door until it broke into pieces.

A patient told Newsday via WhatsApp that they then took the chance to go outside for a walk in the fresh air.

“The fellas getting to come outside and get breeze. We saw them come outside and get breeze and they get to climb mango tree and they have us lock up in here like prisoners.

"This would have never happened if they were letting us outside every day at least for an hour or half an hour because them girls would have gotten to come outside and get their fresh air. We have teens here and they want fresh air.”

Some patients on the men’s ward were unaware of the commotion happening a block away.

CEO of the North Central Regional Health Authority (NCRHA) Davlin Thomas confirmed to Newsday that there had been an incident.

He said, “The reports are coming in, but it is that we had some covid19-positive patients who tried to escape and leave quarantine.”

He said the army intervened and the situation is under control.

On Tuesday three teenage Venezuelan girls escaped from quarantine facilities at Canada Hall on the UWI St Augutine campus. They have covid19 but are asymptomatic. Police are looking for them.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1384 cases, 15 deaths, 1177 active, 192 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » August 26th, 2020, 8:45 pm

when dey say outside and climbing mango tree- that is outside the entire facility? or still inside under guard?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 26th, 2020, 9:05 pm

Vitamin d is good. Let the people take a lol sun out

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » August 26th, 2020, 9:15 pm

In UWI they walking around the yard all over... they even going to the fence and talking to persons who handing them things over the wire. When the hall was used for quarantine for returning students they were all locked into their rooms and that was just as a precaution in case they had covid. Now all the people staying there are covid positive and they not restricted in movement.... what the hell really going on?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 26th, 2020, 9:20 pm

What ive been saying two weeks now. The system is under strain. Not enough resources to do what we want them to do or expect them to do.

I making my grocery stock up run tomorrow

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 26th, 2020, 9:20 pm

CDC has new guidance for COVID19 testing. If you were in contact with somebody COVID+, you need to be tested if you are symptomatic or were within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes.

asymptomatic persons with very minimal contact do not need testing, according to CDC guidelines (which may be different than MoH guidelines). useful info if your place of work got shut down and you didn't interact with that particular person much.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 26th, 2020, 9:35 pm

Gladiator wrote:In UWI they walking around the yard all over... they even going to the fence and talking to persons who handing them things over the wire. When the hall was used for quarantine for returning students they were all locked into their rooms and that was just as a precaution in case they had covid. Now all the people staying there are covid positive and they not restricted in movement.... what the hell really going on?

lmfao. there is only one solution but the population too unwilling to make the sacrifice.

"moral suasion" cannot drop the murder rate. it is stupid and dotish to expect it to work. the people putting their faith in others to wear masks, sanitize, social distance, and not go to zesser parties are naive idiots that will kill us all.

:drinking:

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 26th, 2020, 9:39 pm

paid_influencer wrote:CDC has new guidance for COVID19 testing. If you were in contact with somebody COVID+, you need to be tested if you are symptomatic or were within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes.

asymptomatic persons with very minimal contact do not need testing, according to CDC guidelines (which may be different than MoH guidelines). useful info if your place of work got shut down and you didn't interact with that particular person much.

They did this to lower the number of positive cases. Anthony Fauci and many medical officials are very upset over this. In fact, this decision was made while Fauci was in surgery.

The US playing politics with Covid as the election approaches.

vtec-ghost
3NE 2NR for life

Postby vtec-ghost » August 26th, 2020, 10:28 pm

Gladiator wrote:In UWI they walking around the yard all over... they even going to the fence and talking to persons who handing them things over the wire. When the hall was used for quarantine for returning students they were all locked into their rooms and that was just as a precaution in case they had covid. Now all the people staying there are covid positive and they not restricted in movement.... what the hell really going on?

truth!!! see this daily occurring at freedom hall.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby The_Honourable » August 26th, 2020, 10:46 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:He suppose to lay pipe weeks ago but elections was more important.

Now here we are...

He had no choice bro, he needed to do all he could to win that election.

Because had he not done what he did, the UNC could have possibly won if this delayed any longer people would have lost confidence in the PM and UNC would be in office which would be double trouble as the drunken leader of the Opposition would be recommending us to drink rum and bleach instead of following the science and passing laws making it mandatory to wear mask in public

Effectic, you need to make a better argument than just saying "drunk" "rum" bleach" etc virtually in ever post. Your posts for the past two months or so has been very tiresome to read with your behavior unacceptable election night.

The part highlighted in bold, you need to read that over a few times to figure out what is wrong with that logic.

Let's be real, if the UNC won and formed the government, they would have been blamed for the covid spike and the deaths following the election. The narrative would have been that PNM was in control and as UNC get into power, numbers spiked and people dying. That's another reason why stats were manipulated. You noticed by not that as elections done, that SAME week, big numbers was released to the public? This is why I am glad Kamla (who is a weak leader) didn't win. Knowing pnmites, they would have brought in race stating that indo want to use covid to kill out afro. Religion would have been in the mix too because pnmites will say that we vote in a hindu govt that praying to idols and look the christian God punishing T&T for voting idol worshippers. I have lived among pnmites a long time, I know their logic VERY well. Now they can't blame kamla and the unc for this pandemic, they are fully blaming the public and using deflection such as "well we have to learn to live with it" etc. The public is partially to blame for not listening, i agree but the government has to take blame also.

It's becoming quite clear that for months, besides low selective testing, the stats were manipulated. Post-lockdown moving from phase 1-4 gave the public a false sense of security. When numbers began to spike in July, we did not roll back because it was quite obvious now that elections was more important than health. Think about that... you put an election over my health? Well here we are.
Last edited by The_Honourable on August 26th, 2020, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 26th, 2020, 10:59 pm

Friends,

I understand the PNM is being blamed for not rolling back because of elections.

But why did Trinis even participate in both PNM and UNC rallies during a pandemic?

PNM or UNC, we were all supposed to stay at home.

Let’s remember that we have our duties as citizens of T&T.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 26th, 2020, 11:02 pm

MaxPower wrote:Friends,

But why did Trinis even participate in both PNM and UNC rallies during a pandemic?

Agreed Max.

The real question is why did political parties held rallies during a pandemic anyway?

Don't get me wrong, it have blame to be shared, but the narrative that the public is 100% at fault is false.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 26th, 2020, 11:30 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Friends,

Agreed Max.

The real question is why did political parties held rallies during a pandemic anyway?

Don't get me wrong, it have blame to be shared, but the narrative that the public is 100% at fault is false.

Hello The_Honourable,

That’s true, the public is not 100% at fault.

I really expected better from both parties.

Rajeevr84
Street 2NR

Postby Rajeevr84 » August 26th, 2020, 11:38 pm

Here's a comparison to see how Trinidad's covid-19 outbreak currently compares with a few other countries. These are new cases per million using a 7-day moving average.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 27th, 2020, 12:44 am

Add in Sweden. If it has to be switched, u can remove either Canada or Spain. Tnx
Rajeevr84 wrote:Here's a comparison to see how Trinidad's covid-19 outbreak currently compares with a few other countries. These are new cases per million using a 7-day moving average.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 27th, 2020, 1:47 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Anyone heard from/saw rspann recently?

He and his goat friend ran away to Tucupita .

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

NEW COVID NIGHTMARE !!!!!

Postby RedVEVO » August 27th, 2020, 2:15 am

This definitely deserves serious discussion among ALL citizens of Trinidad & Tobago .

Your worst COVID nightmare has begun :shock: :shock: :shock:

MORE than 400 Covid-19-positive patients are set to be released from State quarantine and allowed to complete the remainder of their quarantine periods in the comfort of their own homes.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 38390.html

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: NEW COVID NIGHTMARE !!!!!

Postby stev » August 27th, 2020, 2:59 am

what fraction of that ~400 are going to stay home? or can stay home?

ughhh...this is not good in terms of community spread :|

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 27th, 2020, 3:45 am

You make it sound like the government has room and or money to keep housing all these people.

They are bankrupting this country, let them go home and rest themselves.

If you are worried about catching Covid, please be reminded to wash your hands, wear your mask, practice 6 feet social distancing, refuse to go in a Taxi unless everybody has a mask, constantly and ALWAYS use hand sanitizers 70% Alcohol based, thanks to Angostura converting their distillery into production of alcohol for hand sanitizing, manufacturing hand sanitizers etc we have an abundance of alcohol now cheaply on the market.

We are well prepared to take on this if you do the right thing.

Where the government is failing is the delay in passing the mask law and jailing people for not wearing a mask in public.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » August 27th, 2020, 5:21 am

My 2c, friday we getting a two week quarantine, I predict lockdown like in the beginning with proper policing and only people to be moving about in the area for groceries or food. Only essential people to be moving to and from work with their stamped document, i could see it lowering case numbers.

as i said before the economy took a major hit already but sometimes it needs to happen twice, because this only going to get worst and worst, trinidadians not taking this serious at all even with all the hugely alarming numbers.

Ted_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ted_v2 » August 27th, 2020, 5:26 am

WDF

so if a man feeling for a KFC, whats stopping him from jumping in a taxi and pumping up the road to get he box of meat knowing that he already have covid and his days could be numbered?

WDF i understand their point but i believe a lockdown coming friday, back to how the first one was. only essential people to be moving about.

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » August 27th, 2020, 5:31 am

I don't think ppl quite understand that covid is here to stay. After a two week lockdown we cud very well have another wave an the cycle will just continue. What are we going to do then? Lock down again? Time for lockdown has passed. Too many super spreader events in a short period of time. Ppl need to adhere to what the government has been saying from day one.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 27th, 2020, 5:33 am

As of last night

40 COVID patients at the Tacarigua Racquet Centre have been sent home to begin self-quarantine. Transport was not provided for them and as a result public transport had to be used.

2 1/2 weeks ago I harped on the system being overwhelmed. Men say I was talking sheit. Well look it in front yuh eye

jackal
Riding on 18's

Postby jackal » August 27th, 2020, 6:24 am

I would strongly support going into a full lock down.

Essential services only.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » August 27th, 2020, 6:39 am

Shake.... We gone off the deep end now. If the authorities making those type of decisions then there is no way that they restricting this thing.

Madness...
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:As of last night

40 COVID patients at the Tacarigua Racquet Centre have been sent home to begin self-quarantine. Transport was not provided for them and as a result public transport had to be used.

2 1/2 weeks ago I harped on the system being overwhelmed. Men say I was talking sheit. Well look it in front yuh eye

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » August 27th, 2020, 6:41 am

We know it'd here to stay. It's not going to disappear like SARS since the mortality rate is low while the infection rate is high.

The entire point of lockdowns, social distancing, proper hygiene, essential workers only etc is to keep the number of cases low until a viable vaccine is available.

All we can do is keep the curve as flat as possible while the BME and virologists in the pharmaceutical companies and universities around the world work on the vaccine/cure.
ST Auto wrote:I don't think ppl quite understand that covid is here to stay. After a two week lockdown we cud very well have another wave an the cycle will just continue. What are we going to do then? Lock down again? Time for lockdown has passed. Too many super spreader events in a short period of time. Ppl need to adhere to what the government has been saying from day one.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 27th, 2020, 6:59 am

Gladiator wrote:Shake.... We gone off the deep end now. If the authorities making those type of decisions then there is no way that they restricting this thing.

Madness...
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:As of last night

I guess this is how they want us to live with it...shrugs shoulders

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 27th, 2020, 7:09 am

so folks who supposed to be in strict home self quarantine in case they could still be spreaders had to go into the public transport system, the logic of this is mind boggling.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 27th, 2020, 7:29 am

stev wrote:what fraction of that ~400 are going to stay home? or can stay home?

ughhh...this is not good in terms of community spread :|

Community spread will be wide spread :shock: :shock: :shock:

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 27th, 2020, 8:17 am

" Newsday understands patients on the women’s ward were restricted from going outside. This led to a short argument and the women reportedly kicked the door until it broke into pieces "

" ... He said the army intervened and the situation is under control. "

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/08/26/covid1 ... t-outside/

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”