TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7305 cases, 129 deaths, 285 active, 6891 recovered in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
FrankChag
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 299
Joined: May 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm
Location: typing...

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby FrankChag » August 26th, 2020, 1:41 am

When your neighbor's house is on fire...

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/?locati ... =Venezuela

Image

User avatar
EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9651
Joined: April 1st, 2010, 3:17 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 26th, 2020, 1:43 am

^ That spike is only temporarily.

It will spike for 10 more days then start to go down, what is the status regarding the Mask Law? we need that law to jail people who refuse to wear a mask in public and also ALL TAXIS need to REFUSE people who do not have a mask.

Trinis on facebook showing their nasty racism and xenophobia blaming Venes for covid need to realize their own nasty behavior is the problem, it eh matter if you black, brown or white, Vene or Trini or Russian, wear your mask and wash your hands, observe social distancing.

One of the key factors in the spread of this were those UNC candidates going around the place, hugging everybody and shaking their hands while wearing NO masks and giving people the impression that Covid is a Hoax. I hope they will be held accountable for this

User avatar
FrankChag
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 299
Joined: May 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm
Location: typing...

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby FrankChag » August 26th, 2020, 1:53 am

It's never just one thing.
In 10 days (5th september) we'll be at 5000 active cases.

User avatar
EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9651
Joined: April 1st, 2010, 3:17 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 26th, 2020, 2:03 am

FrankChag wrote:It's never just one thing.
In 10 days (5th september) we'll be at 5000 active cases.


Another thing these business places with sinks but you have to touch the same infected Tap to lock of the water when you finished washing your hands, these people spreading covid by not spending the money for the foot tap.

Even when you travel at the airports they have signs on HOW to wash your hands, never touch the tap after washing they show you how to use paper towel to lock off the tap. How can this country be so lacking in basic hygiene education?

User avatar
shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod
Posts: 26201
Joined: July 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm
Location: all over

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 26th, 2020, 5:07 am

So ERHA in Grande is going to close until further notice as an employee tested +. This person was in contact with one of the nurses that tested +

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14810
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » August 26th, 2020, 6:00 am

All you have to do is wash the handle and rinse it also.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
FrankChag wrote:It's never just one thing.
In 10 days (5th september) we'll be at 5000 active cases.


Another thing these business places with sinks but you have to touch the same infected Tap to lock of the water when you finished washing your hands, these people spreading covid by not spending the money for the foot tap.

Even when you travel at the airports they have signs on HOW to wash your hands, never touch the tap after washing they show you how to use paper towel to lock off the tap. How can this country be so lacking in basic hygiene education?

User avatar
88sins
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7299
Joined: July 22nd, 2007, 3:03 pm
Location: Corner of Everywhere Avenue & Nowhere Drive

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby 88sins » August 26th, 2020, 6:14 am

killercow wrote:
88sins wrote:Just a fun fact for allyuh
Over roughly 24.2% (approx. 294k) trinbagonians are the age of 55 years and older. It just so happens that this is the demographic that the most at risk of serious health complications if they contract this disease.
If it turns out that 25% of them contract the virus, that's 73K high risk people infected. And if we say 3% require critical care, that'd be roughly 2200 corpses. This is only the elderly, not considering the other high risk groups (immuno-compromised or very young people)

Be careful people.
Ent Trinidad is extremely high on the list for heart disease and obesity? (for starters). And one of the recent deaths was a 41 year old male with other medical complications? Your analysis alone is scary but understated imo. Many people aged 40 and above already have plenty additional health issues. What % of the population is aged 40 and above?

And on another note, I've also heard rumours of this additional looming lockdown. But at the rate things are progressing, when (not if eh, when) the bed spaces run out, hospital staff shortages become worse and the rate of the death toll resembles that of Italy months ago, will we still not lockdown to at least temporarily curb the spread?

I kno it's understated, best to review the trends and use lowest global average when looking at potential for mortality. If we keep all the same and adjust the at risk age group down to 45 years, it increases by roughly 125K. Mortality would increase to 3200. That's just a q&d roundup, it have the potential to be a lot worse considering how many people we have here with diabetes, heart issues and pulmonary problems.

People need to understand, we will have to learn to live with the virus, at least in the short term. But it's how we choose to live with it (individuals make a personal choice to either keep everyone safe or get everyone sick) that matters.

adnj
punchin NOS
Posts: 2949
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby adnj » August 26th, 2020, 6:52 am

FrankChag wrote:It's never just one thing.
In 10 days (5th september) we'll be at 5000 active cases.
Perhaps on or about September 10th for the 5000th case.
Last edited by adnj on August 26th, 2020, 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14810
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » August 26th, 2020, 6:55 am

let’s hope you guys are wrong because with those numbers the health system would long collapsed

User avatar
cornfused
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2411
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 9:09 am
Location: utilizing FIFA rules in small goal

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby cornfused » August 26th, 2020, 7:18 am

It is alleged that three Venezuelan Teens escaped UWI quarantine facility over night.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14810
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » August 26th, 2020, 7:20 am

fact, not alleged

would be interesting to know how many other venes are housed

cornfused wrote:It is alleged that three Venezuelan Teens escaped UWI quarantine facility over night.

User avatar
meccalli
punchin NOS
Posts: 4418
Joined: August 13th, 2009, 10:53 pm
Location: Valsayn
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby meccalli » August 26th, 2020, 7:44 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
According to the Distinguished Dr Richard Dawkins an Evolutionary Biologist, life is in competition with itself constantly and always evolving seeking it's own interest at the expense of any and everything, the selfish gene as he calls it in his brilliant 1976 book.
So even tho evolution, natural selection is ALL about being selfish, programmed hardwired into us the majority of Venes were never selfish which says a lot.

This is because of their faith, 88% Roman Catholic and 17% Protestant according to some sources. It's a tradition that prioritises the wellbeing of the other at the expense of self. In other words, anti self preservation. That's the difference between true practitioners vs lip service, either way-
The same point stands in this instance because if persons thought about others and sacrificed their own entertainment/comfort by keeping themselves home/ doing the proper precautions, we would be in a far better place today with respect to the pandemic.
Last edited by meccalli on August 26th, 2020, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
meccalli
punchin NOS
Posts: 4418
Joined: August 13th, 2009, 10:53 pm
Location: Valsayn
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby meccalli » August 26th, 2020, 7:53 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
According to the Distinguished Dr Richard Dawkins an Evolutionary Biologist, life is in competition with itself constantly and always evolving seeking it's own interest at the expense of any and everything, the selfish gene as he calls it in his brilliant 1976 book.
So even tho evolution, natural selection is ALL about being selfish, programmed hardwired into us the majority of Venes were never selfish which says a lot.

This is because of their faith, 71% Roman Catholic and 17% Protestant according to some sources. It's a tradition that prioritises the wellbeing of the other at the expense of self. In other worse, anti self preservation. That's the difference between true practitioners vs lip service, either way-
The same point stands in this instance because if persons thought about others and sacrificed their own entertainment/comfort by keeping themselves home/ doing the proper precautions, we would be in a far better place today with respect to the pandemic.
Last edited by meccalli on August 26th, 2020, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aaron17
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2279
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby aaron17 » August 26th, 2020, 7:53 am

pugboy wrote:All you have to do is wash the handle and rinse it also.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
FrankChag wrote:It's never just one thing.
In 10 days (5th september) we'll be at 5000 active cases.


Another thing these business places with sinks but you have to touch the same infected Tap to lock of the water when you finished washing your hands, these people spreading covid by not spending the money for the foot tap.

Even when you travel at the airports they have signs on HOW to wash your hands, never touch the tap after washing they show you how to use paper towel to lock off the tap. How can this country be so lacking in basic hygiene education?
This^^

rexsmith
Street 2NR
Posts: 89
Joined: November 26th, 2017, 10:53 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby rexsmith » August 26th, 2020, 8:45 am

Any one knows if we are going into a complete lock down ( no businesses to be open ) after parliament opens on Friday.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15218
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » August 26th, 2020, 8:49 am

Watching breaking dawn this morning, some persons had their test results 18 days delayed. If that was backlog, that means many tests were kept bskc a significant time.
But that also puts it way before elections too.

If it was a week delayed, I can understand because of the batch testing system, and a small clerical delay.
But 18 days is ludicrous.

Thatnmeans that they had a lot of samples that were taken before the elections, but only getting the results now.


So look u big spike in numbers showing up conveniently after elections.




PNM intentionally rigging the system to suit their needs at the time.

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18392
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby K74T » August 26th, 2020, 8:49 am

rexsmith wrote:Any one knows if we are going into a complete lock down ( no businesses to be open ) after parliament opens on Friday.
August 25th, 2020
MEDIA RELEASE

Debunking False News-
Complete Lockdown and Quarantine at Home

The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) is reminding members of the public to be cautious of false information sent via social media, which can cause unnecessary panic and anxiety.

The information in the accompanying image is false.

Members of the public are advised to check and stay updated with TTPS Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages for accurate information on matters relating to crime and policing and the Ministry of Health and other Government sources for COVID-19 related matters.

Corporate Communications Unit
August 25th, 2020
END

FB_IMG_1598446171512.jpeg

User avatar
aaron17
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2279
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby aaron17 » August 26th, 2020, 8:52 am

sMASH wrote:Watching breaking dawn this morning, some persons had their test results 18 days delayed. If that was backlog, that means many tests were kept bskc a significant time.
But that also puts it way before elections too.

If it was a week delayed, I can understand because of the batch testing system, and a small clerical delay.
But 18 days is ludicrous.

Thatnmeans that they had a lot of samples that were taken before the elections, but only getting the results now.


So look u big spike in numbers showing up conveniently after elections.




PNM intentionally rigging the system to suit their needs at the time.
Remember the time they had an error in a list related to ian alleyne staying extra time?

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14810
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » August 26th, 2020, 8:54 am

it’s pretty obvious that they weren’t sending the test swabs to carpha for whatever devious reasons.

what rocket science could have been holding up sending a box of swabs over to carpha ?

sMASH wrote:Watching breaking dawn this morning, some persons had their test results 18 days delayed. If that was backlog, that means many tests were kept bskc a significant time.
But that also puts it way before elections too.

If it was a week delayed, I can understand because of the batch testing system, and a small clerical delay.
But 18 days is ludicrous.

Thatnmeans that they had a lot of samples that were taken before the elections, but only getting the results now.


So look u big spike in numbers showing up conveniently after elections.




PNM intentionally rigging the system to suit their needs at the time.

User avatar
ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 832
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 10:09 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby ST Auto » August 26th, 2020, 9:03 am

Someone I know still awaiting his results after 3 weeks.

User avatar
MaxPower
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6191
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » August 26th, 2020, 9:21 am

ST Auto wrote:Someone I know still awaiting his results after 3 weeks.


Hello ST Auto,

Some of my mates got tested at the Arima hospital over the weekend.

They were advised that if the results are positive, they would be contacted within 48 hours. If the test is negative the results to show this “would take some time”.

But i also know of people that got results saying they were positive 17 days after!

I hope the person is in good health and all goes well.

Keep faith.

ron_28
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 236
Joined: June 12th, 2009, 10:31 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby ron_28 » August 26th, 2020, 9:23 am

Some one where I work was tested on Monday the 10th, an only got their results on Monday the 24th, an it came back positive

User avatar
ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 832
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 10:09 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby ST Auto » August 26th, 2020, 9:27 am

Good day

The person is currently still sick, as they was in contact with a covid positive person. However they are not sick to a point that they need medical care. They have self isolated but just waiting on this results can put a strain on you mentally.
MaxPower wrote:
ST Auto wrote:Someone I know still awaiting his results after 3 weeks.


Hello ST Auto,

Some of my mates got tested at the Arima hospital over the weekend.

They were advised that if the results are positive, they would be contacted within 48 hours. If the test is negative the results to show this “would take some time”.

But i also know of people that got results saying they were positive 17 days after!

I hope the person is in good health and all goes well.

Keep faith.

adnj
punchin NOS
Posts: 2949
Joined: February 24th, 2014, 2:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby adnj » August 26th, 2020, 9:38 am

aaron17 wrote:
pugboy wrote:All you have to do is wash the handle and rinse it also.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
FrankChag wrote:It's never just one thing.
In 10 days (5th september) we'll be at 5000 active cases.


Another thing these business places with sinks but you have to touch the same infected Tap to lock of the water when you finished washing your hands, these people spreading covid by not spending the money for the foot tap.

Even when you travel at the airports they have signs on HOW to wash your hands, never touch the tap after washing they show you how to use paper towel to lock off the tap. How can this country be so lacking in basic hygiene education?
This^^
I spray the faucet handle, the soap dispenser, the shopping cart, my credit card, the credit card reader, my alcohol sprayer, and my hands.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15218
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » August 26th, 2020, 9:42 am

ron_28 wrote:Some one where I work was tested on Monday the 10th, an only got their results on Monday the 24th, an it came back positive
So from the 10th to the results, they were moving normel?

I not vex with the individual, but cause u hadda do what u hadda do.

If was one person, you u can say they not taking thinhs serious and is a threat.
But the govt systems in place not restricting the spread... That is not proper management.

Management is not only coming up with rules and systems, but also ensuring the rules are rational, and are adhered to and they systems function.

If u just dictate, you can then leave the implementation up to the citizen, then ur not managing it.

People don't follow rules, but that shy u have police and courts. They people make mistakes, that's why u have hospitals.
As an authority u need to account for that and mitigate them.





If u go by a tire shop and they always forget to pull on the wheel nuts, will u keep going back? If u keep going back will u not tighten it ur self?
Or will u go back knowing the nuts will be lose, you will not take appropriate action, or when u get in accident you will just blame the tire shop, blame the tire shop, blame the tire shop?




I see sumting about making masks law.
I can remember saying that they needed to reconvene parliament to get the laws passed to give the police some real tools to work with.
These people just late with any proper idea.

They only ting they manage good was how to borrow the money under covid reasons.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14810
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » August 26th, 2020, 9:42 am

when allyuh think the crap gonna hit the fan and terry have to admit they run out of beds ?

i figure by weekend

ron_28
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 236
Joined: June 12th, 2009, 10:31 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby ron_28 » August 26th, 2020, 9:47 am

sMASH wrote:
ron_28 wrote:Some one where I work was tested on Monday the 10th, an only got their results on Monday the 24th, an it came back positive
So from the 10th to the results, they were moving normel?

.


when tested he was told to self quarantine. but who knows if he was moving normal. he wasn't showing any symptoms, he was a primary contact to a positive patient.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14810
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » August 26th, 2020, 9:48 am

these are the folks who cause problems for the rest of us.
hope you and the rest kept distance from him and giving him a good reprimand now

ron_28 wrote:
sMASH wrote:
ron_28 wrote:Some one where I work was tested on Monday the 10th, an only got their results on Monday the 24th, an it came back positive
So from the 10th to the results, they were moving normel?

.


when tested he was told to self quarantine. but who knows if he was moving normal. he wasn't showing any symptoms, he was a primary contact to a positive patient.

ron_28
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 236
Joined: June 12th, 2009, 10:31 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby ron_28 » August 26th, 2020, 9:56 am

pugboy wrote:these are the folks who cause problems for the rest of us.
hope you and the rest kept distance from him and giving him a good reprimand now

ron_28 wrote:
sMASH wrote:
ron_28 wrote:Some one where I work was tested on Monday the 10th, an only got their results on Monday the 24th, an it came back positive
So from the 10th to the results, they were moving normel?

.


when tested he was told to self quarantine. but who knows if he was moving normal. he wasn't showing any symptoms, he was a primary contact to a positive patient.


Yes these are the ones who spreading it more an more. He wasn't in work from the time he found out an got tested. But who knows if they actually stays home or go about life normal, because they were not showing any symptoms.

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15218
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 1252 cases, 15 deaths, 1059 active, 178 discharged in T&T

Postby sMASH » August 26th, 2020, 9:56 am

ron_28 wrote:
sMASH wrote:
ron_28 wrote:Some one where I work was tested on Monday the 10th, an only got their results on Monday the 24th, an it came back positive
So from the 10th to the results, they were moving normel?

.


when tested he was told to self quarantine. but who knows if he was moving normal. he wasn't showing any symptoms, he was a primary contact to a positive patient.
To sit down home for 2 weeks and not know nutten... Who supporting u, food income bills etc.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ted_v2 and 127 guests