TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 864 cases, 12 deaths, 690 active, 162 discharged in T&T

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 22nd, 2020, 5:50 am

Lou Screuz wrote:
agent007 wrote:Guys, I just got some info that is worrying me. I’ll let shakes do the talking but it not looking good based on the spill that was subsequently removed from a WhatsApp group chat. T&T is in for some more tough times ahead and we need to rally this one out together.

what you mean ? :shock:

isn't it obvious?

Take a good long hard look at what Covid has done to America, the world's only remaining super power and this is just the beginning. Imagine what it has done to Trinidad? come budget day and we will be in for a big surprise.

This is why I built my 20 year future proof Gaming PC last week while the US dollar is still 6.8TT to 1

Going and dump as much US money in my Amazon account while I at it for emergency use incase I need to buy a replacement for something in future.

All them people who want to palance and spread covid, thinking this is a joke, watch and see what going and happen just now. And for the ones who thinks Covid is a Hoax, allyuh in for a big surprise eh

scotty_buttons
Riding on 18's

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 864 cases, 12 deaths, 690 active, 162 discharged in T&T

Postby scotty_buttons » August 22nd, 2020, 5:54 am

agent007 wrote:Guys, I just got some info that is worrying me. I’ll let shakes do the talking but it not looking good based on the spill that was subsequently removed from a WhatsApp group chat. T&T is in for some more tough times ahead and we need to rally this one out together.

Please elaborate agent

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » August 22nd, 2020, 7:08 am

America a super power???????
Dan you're not very well travelled are you.

Anyway. Mandated Covid testing once a week in work now.
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Lou Screuz wrote:

what you mean ? :shock:

isn't it obvious?

Take a good long hard look at what Covid has done to America, the world's only remaining super power and this is just the beginning. Imagine what it has done to Trinidad? come budget day and we will be in for a big surprise.

This is why I built my 20 year future proof Gaming PC last week while the US dollar is still 6.8TT to 1

Going and dump as much US money in my Amazon account while I at it for emergency use incase I need to buy a replacement for something in future.

All them people who want to palance and spread covid, thinking this is a joke, watch and see what going and happen just now. And for the ones who thinks Covid is a Hoax, allyuh in for a big surprise eh

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 22nd, 2020, 7:10 am

scotty_buttons wrote:

Please elaborate agent

Agent being nice. I would ask : can you rectum take a baigan?

Numbers presented to me this morning making my folks want to go and buy out pricesmart :| they already bought a second fridge. My folks contemplating buying a 3 month supply of food. Yeah its that real. Your govt has been lying from DAY DAM 1.

Flattening the curve meh mc. Parellel health care meh mc. My sources are doctors and they are contemplating resigning. Yes its that bad.

I know a couple people in CBTT and that budget and the one next year would make people feel sick. Just wait and remember I told you so

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » August 22nd, 2020, 8:30 am

:shocked!: :shocked!:

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 22nd, 2020, 8:34 am

‘Instant Coffee’ COVID-19 Tests Could Be the Answer to Reopening the U.S.

Daily or near-daily testing could be the key to opening our society, and that comes down to making the tests widely available and affordable. If you had the option to test yourself in the morning by spitting into a tube (or swabbing your nose) and waiting 15 minutes for the results, and if it cost you no more than a couple of dollars, wouldn’t you jump at that chance?

Mina breaks down the existing tests into two camps. “Espresso coffee” tests are reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) tests or deluxe antigen tests, and several manufacturers, like Mesa Biotech, Quidel and Becton, Dickinson, have already been granted Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These tests are highly sensitive, require a machine to churn out the results, and are expensive—anywhere from $30 to $150 per test. They also may have longer turnaround times; even Yale University’s SalivaDirect, which just received EUA on August 15 and costs only about $10, must be submitted to and processed by a central laboratory.

In sharp contrast lie the “instant coffee” rapid paper antigen tests, including those made by E25Bio and Sherlock Biosciences, and one under development by 3M and MIT. These are fast, simple to use, at-home tests, and some are really inexpensive: about $1 to $5 per test. They are called lateral flow assays, but manifestly they are paper-strip tests that have an antibody embedded on filter paper. If a saliva sample has coronavirus present, the antibody will bind that viral antigen, turning the test positive, much like a pregnancy test works. Though the tests have much lower sensitivity than PCR tests overall, one advantage they have is that they do not detect leftover, inactive viral RNA particles, which may be present days to weeks after a person is infectious.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... g-the-u-s/

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » August 22nd, 2020, 8:43 am

What we looking at today

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 22nd, 2020, 8:45 am

Shakes, check your PM.
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
scotty_buttons wrote:

Please elaborate agent

Numbers presented to me this morning making my folks want to go and buy out pricesmart :| they already bought a second fridge. My folks contemplating buying a 3 month supply of food. Yeah its that real. Your govt has been lying from DAY DAM 1.

Flattening the curve meh mc. Parellel health care meh mc. My sources are doctors and they are contemplating resigning. Yes its that bad.

I know a couple people in CBTT and that budget and the one next year would make people feel sick. Just wait and remember I told you so

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 806 cases, 12 deaths, 632 active, 140 discharged in T&T

Postby elec2020 » August 22nd, 2020, 8:53 am

De Dragon wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
pugboy wrote:so one week into lockdown cases accelerating wildly

if there is gonna be a slowdown due to lockdown it ain’t gonna be next week(2nd of lockdown)

Presumably it needs a bigger lockdown than this but it will slow within a couple weeks.

The idea is to buy 4 months time for the vaccine and acquire 1.4 million doses.

I wonder where the government plans on getting their vaccine tho, the one Russia has is a working vaccine but it isn't as thoroughly tested as western ones. I wonder what the long term effects could be? however America might buy up everything and we have not started to talk about the billions of people in powerful countries like India and China.

I also wonder what the cost would be to the government to vaccinate all of us? I suspect we will have to settle for the Russian vaccine.

Vaccine who? My arse not taking no trial vaccine for me to develop cancer or some sheit 2 years later. All this talk about vaccine but people does forget for the vaccine to work plenty people have to take it and i am sure there will be alot of people who will refuse to take the vaccine when it becomes available.

K bro enjoy your covid and enjoy giving your ignorant family and friends covid too.

Maybe read about the safety of the type of vaccine Oxford Zeneca is making and also understand what the phase 3 trials are as well.

Did it really surprise you that OJT Red Plastic Bag elec2020 turned out to be an ignorant anti-vaxxer?

Ok ZR

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 22nd, 2020, 8:56 am

scotty_buttons wrote:

Please elaborate agent

shakes boi, yuh is a good fella yunno, looking out for yuh fellow trinis. but ah warn dem aready. ppl feel is a joke, but after the grins & giggles is bawling & tears.
you did your due, leave them be, they will figure it out for themselves.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 806 cases, 12 deaths, 632 active, 140 discharged in T&T

Postby elec2020 » August 22nd, 2020, 9:07 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

if there is gonna be a slowdown due to lockdown it ain’t gonna be next week(2nd of lockdown)

Presumably it needs a bigger lockdown than this but it will slow within a couple weeks.

I wonder where the government plans on getting their vaccine tho, the one Russia has is a working vaccine but it isn't as thoroughly tested as western ones. I wonder what the long term effects could be? however America might buy up everything and we have not started to talk about the billions of people in powerful countries like India and China.

I also wonder what the cost would be to the government to vaccinate all of us? I suspect we will have to settle for the Russian vaccine.

Vaccine who? My arse not taking no trial vaccine for me to develop cancer or some sheit 2 years later. All this talk about vaccine but people does forget for the vaccine to work plenty people have to take it and i am sure there will be alot of people who will refuse to take the vaccine when it becomes available.

K bro enjoy your covid and enjoy giving your ignorant family and friends covid too.

Maybe read about the safety of the type of vaccine Oxford Zeneca is making and also understand what the phase 3 trials are as well.

The trial for that vaccine took place in july. U expecting the adverse side effects to occur in one months time? Come on. If u want to go inject yourself with a rushed product be my guest. In economics i will be called a 'free rider' taking the benefits from those who vaccinate without the possible adversities. A typical vaccine takes 10 years on average to be approved. You want to take one completed in way under a third of that time. Good luck in the future when your kidneys/liver suddenly fails or u get cancer.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... 9-vaccine/

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 22nd, 2020, 9:09 am

elec2020 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
elec2020 wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

Did it really surprise you that OJT Red Plastic Bag elec2020 turned out to be an ignorant anti-vaxxer?

Ok ZR
Keep your lil boy fvcking games to yourself and stop derailing the chead.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » August 22nd, 2020, 9:12 am

^ or else what? U going and type me a stongly worded sentence. Shock!

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 22nd, 2020, 10:20 am

scotty_buttons wrote:

Please elaborate agent

Shakes on top of this, i'm getting similar info on my end. Some docs on my end at SWRHA are very frustrated as they know numbers are being held back plus testing was selective and low for the past 2-3 months. The scary part is that there are many doctors who don't know what going on.

The narrative will be that the public was fully at fault for not listening to the government. That's partially true, public didn't do their part but the government are highly complicit.

Planning to get a second fridge or freezer myself. Stock up as the going gets good with supermarkets and the pharmacy. It done start behind the scenes but sheet hitting the fan full diarrhea. When deaths start to increase, we'll be in a mess.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 22nd, 2020, 10:29 am

MOH late this morning or what?

Like somebody dead :roll:
Last edited by redmanjp on August 22nd, 2020, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 22nd, 2020, 10:34 am

elec2020 wrote:^ or else what? U going and type me a stongly worded sentence. Shock!
I believe it was called "type harder" somewhere earlier.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 22nd, 2020, 10:40 am

35 more cases and sadly 1 death

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 22nd, 2020, 10:47 am

Redman put someone dead and a smiley face there? Allyuh fellas different yes

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 22nd, 2020, 10:48 am

K74T wrote:35 more cases and sadly 1 death

Ah i was right. And 5 in ICU. Which means 3 were added to ICU

K74T
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 899 cases, 13 deaths, 721 active, 165 discharged in T&T

Postby K74T » August 22nd, 2020, 10:51 am

FB_IMG_1598107543047.jpeg
FB_IMG_1598107549025.jpeg

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 899 cases, 13 deaths, 721 active, 165 discharged in T&T

Postby Dizzy28 » August 22nd, 2020, 10:51 am

Nah it's a gltich. Happen to me a few times too. The app changes a sad face to smiley face or when you post on your computer and then watch it on the app it's different.
Phone Surgeon wrote:Redman put someone dead and a smiley face there? Allyuh fellas different yes

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 22nd, 2020, 10:55 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Redman put someone dead and a smiley face there? Allyuh fellas different yes

The TriniTuner app converts all smiley emoticons to that smiley face.
The app doesn't seem to be fully compatible to the outdated forum board interface. The app also won't display full url links properly either.

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » August 22nd, 2020, 11:00 am

Is Duane fault. Me aint know what he does be doing whole day nah.
maj. tom wrote:

The TriniTuner app converts all smiley emoticons to that smiley face.
The app doesn't seem to be fully compatible to the outdated forum board interface. The app also won't display full url links properly either.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 22nd, 2020, 11:05 am

He busy counting money all day

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » August 22nd, 2020, 11:12 am

App also doesn't show embedded Facebook vids for me, in addition to the problem with links.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 22nd, 2020, 11:20 am

The Ministry of Health regrets to inform the public that there is an additional COVID-19 related death. The person is an adult male. This brings the total number of COVID-19 related deaths to 13

 Thirty-five (35) additional persons have tested positive for COVID -19.

 Three (3) persons have been discharged from the Caura Hospital

They didn't say if the adult male had underlying conditions?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 22nd, 2020, 11:22 am

Country_Bookie wrote:App also doesn't show embedded Facebook vids for me, in addition to the problem with links.

In the app, tap the specific post and tap "Web view" to view embedded facebook videos

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » August 22nd, 2020, 11:32 am

FB_IMG_1598110288332.jpeg

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » August 22nd, 2020, 11:34 am

edit: already covered

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 22nd, 2020, 11:42 am

Dohplaydat wrote:I live alone most of the time, self isolation isn't a problem for me. More concerned about my neighbor if she has it. She lives with her elderly mom, brother his wife and their daughter.

whats the latest with your symptoms ? it getting worst ? what about your neighbour ?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”