TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 686 cases, 12 deaths, 534 active, 140 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » August 19th, 2020, 8:20 pm

I say 850 by Friday and possibly 1000 over weekend.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 686 cases, 12 deaths, 534 active, 140 discharged in T&T

Postby elec2020 » August 19th, 2020, 8:20 pm

zoom rader wrote:
elec2020 wrote:^ you must admit that the similatities are striking. Both hate pnm and strongly verbalise it. Both berate anyone who question unc. Both question the validity of the elections. Both resort to name calling. Both find a way to work their hate for pnm into any ongoing discussion. Both appear racial. I thought it was obvious that the 2 are one in the same. If i am wrong i apologise for slandering your good name ZR.
Leave the Covid Chead free from your unc crap.

Go in the UNC chead and play your lil boy games there

Sorry my bad i guess is coincidence. Have a good day de dragon sorry ZR.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 552 cases, 11 deaths, 401 active, 140 discharged in T&T

Postby The_Honourable » August 19th, 2020, 8:21 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Figures reaching that 800 mark by friday

Remember this figure eh

Couva and caura going and be full soon. How recoveries/discharges looking?
Last edited by The_Honourable on August 19th, 2020, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » August 19th, 2020, 8:21 pm

goalpost wrote:Allyuh mashing up d ched boi

Sorry that was my last post to zr and/or de dragon

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 19th, 2020, 8:23 pm

pugboy wrote:that’s for contact tracing in case they had a + case there
it’s for your benefit

the rc churches were doing this when they opened back.

altec wrote:Anyone have a link to the responsibilities of business owners to examine customers when they enter businesses? Today I had temperature checked which was normal; then the business wanted phone number, name, address, answer a symptoms questionnaire and to state if i ever had contact with anyone who was self quarantined. All this was done in the middle of customers who in the waiting room. I have no problems being checked, but collecting personal data is required now?

my barber has a book to fill out with name, phone, address, etc. really a good idea.

daring dragoon
18 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » August 19th, 2020, 8:34 pm

so if flu like symptoms clear up in a day after 2 advil cold and sinus should one still go get tested ?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 19th, 2020, 8:36 pm

daring dragoon wrote:so if flu like symptoms clear up in a day after 2 advil cold and sinus should one still go get tested ?

Yes, you want to be sure and to keep those around you safe.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 19th, 2020, 8:45 pm

daring dragoon wrote:so if flu like symptoms clear up in a day after 2 advil cold and sinus should one still go get tested ?

Why you want to waste the people test?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 19th, 2020, 9:07 pm

the MoH has repeatedly said it is their policy not to test asymptomatic persons in the absence of a positive contact or travel history. There is also the 8-day wait for results and you'd have to isolate for that 8 days (which you should be doing anyway for safety). The test wouldn't really change much - assume you have it and isolate as far as possible.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 552 cases, 11 deaths, 401 active, 140 discharged in T&T

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 19th, 2020, 9:12 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Figures reaching that 800 mark by friday

Remember this figure eh

Couva and caura going and be full soon. How recoveries/discharges looking?

Step down facility in Grande only have like 20 something people. Discharges are seemingly very slow

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 19th, 2020, 9:35 pm

They gonna start packing them step down facilities soon with the increased cases.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 19th, 2020, 9:37 pm

In the first half of 2020, Sweden has recorded its highest death total in 150 years. "In total, 51,405 Swedes died in the six-month period, a higher number than in any year since 1869, when 55,431 people died, partly as a result of a famine," reports The Guardian. In what may be a reaction to this failure, which makes Sweden the worst coronavirus country in Scandinavia, Sweden has announced a change to their new contact-tracing policy. The Local explains: "If you test positive for the coronavirus you may now be given instructions to call people with whom you have been in contact and may have infected, instead of healthcare staff doing the job for you, or it not being done at all."

In early June, Sweden switched from its failed "herd immunity" strategy to a contact-tracing strategy and has since seen a strong fall in new infections, though with a recent slight increase. The new contact-tracing strategy will be critical for the return of the Swedish economy with Sweden currently facing travel restrictions from Scandinavian neighbors such as Finland, whilst other Scandinavian and Baltic countries are already open for trade and tourism. Swedes will be hoping that the adjustment of their new coronavirus strategy will be a signpost for other countries rather than the warning of their old strategy.

Not so long ago, in June, we discussed how Sweden's old strategy had made Sweden a Pariah state and in May we had discussed how Sweden's old strategy caused many deaths whilst failing to deliver immunity.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200720/sweden ... e-strategy

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » August 19th, 2020, 9:43 pm

My office started that last week they basically doing it for contact tracing purposes incase anything happens
altec wrote:Anyone have a link to the responsibilities of business owners to examine customers when they enter businesses? Today I had temperature checked which was normal; then the business wanted phone number, name, address, answer a symptoms questionnaire and to state if i ever had contact with anyone who was self quarantined. All this was done in the middle of customers who in the waiting room. I have no problems being checked, but collecting personal data is required now?

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » August 19th, 2020, 9:49 pm

Yes you should, I didn't have flu like symptoms at first when I got tested yesterday but as of 3pm today my body pains have increased and i actually have an active cold. It's kinda scary tbh but when my results come back I will know what's really going on.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 19th, 2020, 9:51 pm

tropi_flakes wrote:Yes you should, I didn't have flu like symptoms at first when I got tested yesterday but as of 3pm today my body pains have increased and i actually have an active cold. It's kinda scary tbh but when my results come back I will know what's really going on.

Please get tested

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » August 19th, 2020, 9:58 pm

Well that policy out the window cuz the health center I went even if you show no symptoms and the screening test shows good body temp etc they are still allowing you to get tested if you want to, they didn't even ask me if I was around a positive person. I went in, told them I wasn't feeling to well over the weekend and my office required me to get a fit for work before I come back out and that was about it, did the initial screening and then the actual test 2 hours after. Signed and received copies of the 14 day sick leave and the quarantine letter along with some other documents on how to self quarantine headed home and that's where I plan on being until they call with the results. One thing tho on the quarantine doc it stated a nurse suppose to contact me daily to ask questions about how I'm feeling etc, that has not been done so far.
paid_influencer wrote:the MoH has repeatedly said it is their policy not to test asymptomatic persons in the absence of a positive contact or travel history. There is also the 8-day wait for results and you'd have to isolate for that 8 days (which you should be doing anyway for safety). The test wouldn't really change much - assume you have it and isolate as far as possible.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 19th, 2020, 10:01 pm

That’s very odd, they going against the normal stupid policy.
But at least you got tested, just stay home and out of touch with ppl.

tropi_flakes wrote:Well that policy out the window cuz the health center I went even if you show no symptoms and the screening test shows good body temp etc they are still allowing you to get tested if you want to, they didn't even ask me if I was around a positive person. I went in, told them I wasn't feeling to well over the weekend and my office required me to get a fit for work before I come back out and that was about it, did the initial screening and then the actual test 2 hours after. Signed and received copies of the 14 day sick leave and the quarantine letter along with some other documents on how to self quarantine headed home and that's where I plan on being until they call with the results. One thing tho on the quarantine doc it stated a nurse suppose to contact me daily to ask questions about how I'm feeling etc, that has not been done so far.
paid_influencer wrote:the MoH has repeatedly said it is their policy not to test asymptomatic persons in the absence of a positive contact or travel history. There is also the 8-day wait for results and you'd have to isolate for that 8 days (which you should be doing anyway for safety). The test wouldn't really change much - assume you have it and isolate as far as possible.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » August 19th, 2020, 10:44 pm

I know someone who was in contact with a covid positive person and was tested two weeks ago, still awaiting results

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 19th, 2020, 11:10 pm

pugboy wrote:That’s very odd, they going against the normal stupid policy.

tropi_flakes wrote:Well that policy out the window cuz the health center I went even if you show no symptoms and the screening test shows good body temp etc they are still allowing you to get tested if you want to, they didn't even ask me if I was around a positive person. I went in, told them I wasn't feeling to well over the weekend and my office required me to get a fit for work before I come back out and that was about it, did the initial screening and then the actual test 2 hours after. Signed and received copies of the 14 day sick leave and the quarantine letter along with some other documents on how to self quarantine headed home and that's where I plan on being until they call with the results. One thing tho on the quarantine doc it stated a nurse suppose to contact me daily to ask questions about how I'm feeling etc, that has not been done so far.

so which health center is this?

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » August 19th, 2020, 11:11 pm

redmanjp wrote:
pugboy wrote:That’s very odd, they going against the normal stupid policy.

so which health center is this?
Tacarigua health center

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » August 19th, 2020, 11:16 pm

A moving average would smooth out these curves, but my brain needs to see that little good-news dip down today... even though we still going up.

I wish we were at 100 again...... and next week when we're 2000,,, i'll wish we were at 500 again...

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 19th, 2020, 11:25 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

Why you want to waste the people test?

a positive test would mean he is taken to hospital and not left at home where u can infect your family, which in turn would go out and spread the virus- tho i my opinion persons in quarantine should really be in a state facility- when u infect your whole family then all of them now take up space in the hospital/step down system

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 20th, 2020, 6:11 am

[quote="redmanjp"][quote="Dohplaydat"][quote="daring dragoon"]so if flu like symptoms clear up in a day after 2 advil cold and sinus should one still go get tested ?[/quote]

Why you want to waste the people test?[/quote]

a positive test would mean he is taken to hospital and not left at home where u can infect your family, which in turn would go out and spread the virus- tho i my opinion persons in quarantine should really be in a state facility- when u infect your whole family then all of them now take up space in the hospital/step down system[/quote]

They dont have the capacity to quarantine so much people. My info suggests that there are more than 2k people under self quarantine (how much of them actually staying home is another question).

My padna for example, he still waiting on his results and his quarantine time finished :| . Five of his family members were primary contacts and are all at home. Moh said that they are trying to "police" people but trust me it not happening. They dont have the resources or man power. I dont even listen those press conferences as they need to be taken with a pinch of salt!!

Stay safe my fellow tuners

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 20th, 2020, 7:09 am

^ but being at home and infecting your family means more positive cases they will have to cater for so they will need capacity for those. At least the primary contacts of cases should be state quarantined. The rest could probably stay at home.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » August 20th, 2020, 7:47 am

If a child like 8 years old have corona, what is the pricedure? Are they going to quarantine the person in isolation? The mindset of a child is different.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 20th, 2020, 8:05 am

redmanjp wrote:^ but being at home and infecting your family means more positive cases they will have to cater for so they will need capacity for those. At least the primary contacts of cases should be state quarantined. The rest could probably stay at home.

We seeing it so....but its not happening

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 20th, 2020, 8:15 am

Quarantine of parent and child with written guardian consent i suppose.
Consent must be documented.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 20th, 2020, 9:48 am

pugboy wrote:They gonna start packing them step down facilities soon with the increased cases.

they already doing that- they said so- i think all the mild cases going there

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 20th, 2020, 10:04 am

fokhan_96 wrote:What is annoying and confusing is the calm and laid back impression you get from the minister of health, the cmo and the rest of the clan. It's like these numbers don't faze them. They believe they still have everything under control, and that's the scary thing.
88sins wrote:ah hearing talk of the real probability of a huge spike coming, about the number of cases increasing by the triple digits within the 14 days or so.

ah waiting to see if it happens, if it does we screwed

always remember, yuh dealing with politicians, & people get the government they deserve.
To them, as far as they concerned, it's not how how it actually is that matters, but how they say you should see it.

lemme put it this way for example.
If there's a spike that creates upwards of 10K confirmed infections in less than 30 dayswith say 1% of those needing respirators, the first thing they will do is blame the people that are infected of being careless.
Immediately after, they will say the infection rate is still below 1% so we still doing good, and that they have enough beds & meds & ppe &staff & respirators (which would be at best an untruth) thanks to them, with the usual publicly aired celebratory pats on their own backs.
& the 'pnm till ah ded" idiots will praise them.

EDIT
one more note by the way fellas, when you watching those broadcasts, keep an eye on the cmo & his chair.
All I go say is there's a lot to be learned from the subtle physical actions & reactions of others while they doing something else.
Last edited by 88sins on August 20th, 2020, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 20th, 2020, 10:06 am

So the problem I initially had with the video is that none of the alleged 1%-ers had on masks. I also was not sure if it was a party before Covid hit - ddi.

But the next shots with the Zessers also showed no one wearing any masks. Take it anyhow you want.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”