TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 5392 cases, 101 deaths, 1459 active, 3832 recovered in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
Rovin
punchin NOS
Posts: 4635
Joined: January 23rd, 2014, 1:14 pm
Location: Heart of Chaguanas ...

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 474 cases, 10 deaths, 325 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby Rovin » August 15th, 2020, 7:35 pm

ppl praising covid restrictions by the authorities but a few days ago during election time nobody was studying precautions ...

Advertisement
User avatar
ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 831
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 10:09 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 474 cases, 10 deaths, 325 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby ST Auto » August 15th, 2020, 7:37 pm

Place pumping tonight oui. Last lap. Everyone outside tonight. Trinis are so stupid. Just got home from work an had so much traffic cz of ppl liming an parked all on the streets

User avatar
ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 831
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 10:09 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 474 cases, 10 deaths, 325 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby ST Auto » August 15th, 2020, 7:41 pm

Tbh I'm glad for the restrictions however my personal opinion is it's a bit too late. The damage has already been done. Too much ppl has been moving about especially all those election rallys. We have had mass spreading already. Hopefully ppl will heed what the prime minister is saying an we can't slow things down a bit. Long road ahead tho.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 20718
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 474 cases, 10 deaths, 325 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby zoom rader » August 15th, 2020, 7:43 pm

ST Auto wrote:Place pumping tonight oui. Last lap. Everyone outside tonight. Trinis are so stupid. Just got home from work an had so much traffic cz of ppl liming an parked all on the streets
Trinis are stupid ?

Dohplaydat
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1208
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 474 cases, 10 deaths, 325 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » August 15th, 2020, 7:45 pm

ST Auto wrote:Place pumping tonight oui. Last lap. Everyone outside tonight. Trinis are so stupid. Just got home from work an had so much traffic cz of ppl liming an parked all on the streets


Which part? Avenue rel dead right now.

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14269
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 474 cases, 10 deaths, 325 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby pugboy » August 15th, 2020, 8:03 pm

it’s the only option left as contact tracing is useless with the wide spread and stingy testing.
last ditch option is a full lockdown but plenty business will buss

ST Auto wrote:Tbh I'm glad for the restrictions however my personal opinion is it's a bit too late. The damage has already been done. Too much ppl has been moving about especially all those election rallys. We have had mass spreading already. Hopefully ppl will heed what the prime minister is saying an we can't slow things down a bit. Long road ahead tho.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8626
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 474 cases, 10 deaths, 325 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » August 15th, 2020, 8:09 pm

ST Auto wrote:Place pumping tonight oui. Last lap. Everyone outside tonight. Trinis are so stupid. Just got home from work an had so much traffic cz of ppl liming an parked all on the streets


South ppl or what?

kavaninho
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 680
Joined: March 29th, 2008, 8:30 pm
Location: Gasparillo
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby kavaninho » August 15th, 2020, 8:56 pm

The bars are currently packed in my area like its the week with Christmas. I guess its last lap for them. Stupidity at best.

User avatar
MaxPower
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5457
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » August 15th, 2020, 8:56 pm

redmanjp wrote:
ST Auto wrote:Place pumping tonight oui. Last lap. Everyone outside tonight. Trinis are so stupid. Just got home from work an had so much traffic cz of ppl liming an parked all on the streets


South ppl or what?


North and East people with their uncomfortable presence and behavior.

User avatar
ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller
Posts: 831
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 10:09 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 474 cases, 10 deaths, 325 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby ST Auto » August 15th, 2020, 8:56 pm

Correct. South ppl. All over full. How things looking elsewhere?
redmanjp wrote:
ST Auto wrote:Place pumping tonight oui. Last lap. Everyone outside tonight. Trinis are so stupid. Just got home from work an had so much traffic cz of ppl liming an parked all on the streets


South ppl or what?

User avatar
maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7454
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:47 am
Location: ᑐᑌᑎᕮ

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby maj. tom » August 15th, 2020, 8:58 pm

Curepe lit, alive and kicking up the place.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8626
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 474 cases, 10 deaths, 325 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » August 15th, 2020, 9:29 pm

ST Auto wrote:Correct. South ppl. All over full. How things looking elsewhere?
redmanjp wrote:
ST Auto wrote:Place pumping tonight oui. Last lap. Everyone outside tonight. Trinis are so stupid. Just got home from work an had so much traffic cz of ppl liming an parked all on the streets


South ppl or what?


i haven't been out today to look- but if it so they could be in breach of the CURRENT regulations of no more than 10 --ttps should be out tonight & tomorrow and arrest everybody in those cases.

User avatar
MaxPower
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa
Posts: 5457
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby MaxPower » August 15th, 2020, 9:36 pm

paid_influencer wrote:I just want to give props to the PM for his actions today.

This will save lives. Yes, it is a sacrifice. I know paying salary relief grant, social support, etc, is expensive, but allowing the virus to spread and wreak havoc on this country would be worse both economically and socially for all stakeholders involved.

And let me praise the PM for evolving the lockdown. That move of allowing bars to operate as defacto liquor stores will save both lives and livelihoods. For the first time in a some weeks, we have hope. Follow through, My Prime Minister. Do what needs to be done to protect the most vulnerable in our society.


Hello paid_influencer,

Yes indeed.

Once again, Keith performed well today, a top lad he is i must say...such a gentlemen and a scholar, that handsome chap.

Just imagine how behind the UNC would have been in handling this pandemic as they depended on the failed TT Met Services to forecast sunshine to kill Covid. This is not Disney Land.

However, i think the PNM is still a bit lenient with the public.

We should not have to wait until Monday to “roll back” because of the “last lap” behavior of Trinis over the weekend. Can you imagine the STINK state that the rivers and beaches will be left in?

We need to lockdown NOW and mandate New Norm procedures.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8626
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » August 15th, 2020, 11:46 pm

Another reason to not go to bars this weekend - ppl should be saving that beer money for the next few weeks

in fact right now ppl should ensure that they have some savings to last a lil while- cuz if things doh improve Govt will have to extend the lockdown to most retail businesses, which cud mean a lot of ppl out of a job. and this rounds Govt doh have d money to give you anything!

Think people!

User avatar
carluva
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1135
Joined: October 3rd, 2005, 2:03 pm
Location: Down in the homeland

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby carluva » August 15th, 2020, 11:56 pm

Agreed that the PM made the right call.

Bars should have closed tho. Too much watlessness.

I especially like the possible implementation of a law to wear face mask in public.

Who cyah hear go feel. Dotish Trinis need a law to make sure they wear mask... I mean, is it so hard to wear a mask without a law?

The next law that should pass is that you can be fined for not washing your hands before entering an establishment... If not that, at least make it so we can clout the people who don't. L
MaxPower wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:I just want to give props to the PM for his actions today.

This will save lives. Yes, it is a sacrifice. I know paying salary relief grant, social support, etc, is expensive, but allowing the virus to spread and wreak havoc on this country would be worse both economically and socially for all stakeholders involved.

And let me praise the PM for evolving the lockdown. That move of allowing bars to operate as defacto liquor stores will save both lives and livelihoods. For the first time in a some weeks, we have hope. Follow through, My Prime Minister. Do what needs to be done to protect the most vulnerable in our society.


Hello paid_influencer,

Yes indeed.

Once again, Keith performed well today, a top lad he is i must say...such a gentlemen and a scholar, that handsome chap.

Just imagine how behind the UNC would have been in handling this pandemic as they depended on the failed TT Met Services to forecast sunshine to kill Covid. This is not Disney Land.

However, i think the PNM is still a bit lenient with the public.

We should not have to wait until Monday to “roll back” because of the “last lap” behavior of Trinis over the weekend. Can you imagine the STINK state that the rivers and beaches will be left in?

We need to lockdown NOW and mandate New Norm procedures.

User avatar
Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin
Posts: 22191
Joined: March 24th, 2003, 10:27 am
Location: T&T
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 16th, 2020, 12:07 am

The law should be specific about wearing the mask properly also.
Too much people wearing masks and not covering their nose

Dohplaydat
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1208
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » August 16th, 2020, 12:23 am

:mrgreen:
redmanjp wrote:Another reason to not go to bars this weekend - ppl should be saving that beer money for the next few weeks

in fact right now ppl should ensure that they have some savings to last a lil while- cuz if things doh improve Govt will have to extend the lockdown to most retail businesses, which cud mean a lot of ppl out of a job. and this rounds Govt doh have d money to give you anything!

Think people!


Well look you very right but trinis never had to deal with reality of a real prolonged economic crash.

This will make the 80s recession look like a joke.

20-40% of the private sector will close down, the rest will have to cut staff and/or salaries.

State enterprise salaries will be reduced, trust me on that. Plus layoffs and privatisation.

More taxes for sure. Probably property tax first.

Devaluation might happen as well though I'm not fully convinced it's needed.

I know I sound all doom and gloom but we've already wasted so much billions on the last lockdown which wasn't fully necessary and now we have to go through it again from now till a vaccine is out so at least 6 more months.

Dohplaydat
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1208
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » August 16th, 2020, 12:24 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:The law should be specific about wearing the mask properly also.
Too much people wearing masks and not covering their nose


Could not agree more Duane, I don't even know why people do that, it feels more uncomfortable to me anyway.

User avatar
stev
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7635
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 11:29 am
Location: Central

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby stev » August 16th, 2020, 12:24 am

a lot of drunk drivers on the road tonight...bars were packed this evening in central

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8626
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » August 16th, 2020, 12:29 am

this is why we now need the mask mandate!



Dohplaydat
Riding on 16's
Posts: 1208
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby Dohplaydat » August 16th, 2020, 12:52 am

Also, stop blaming people for spreading the virus around. Yes there are many irresponsible super spreaders, but guess what? Most of them are following the rules and still got it.

Like I said before, most of our cases are people who got it from co-workers and close friends and family. Not bars, gyms, restaurants or beaches.

Read this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... r-BB17VlsC

User avatar
KM_2NR
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 630
Joined: September 20th, 2009, 4:43 pm
Location: Headbanging in traffic

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby KM_2NR » August 16th, 2020, 1:11 am

Beaches probably gunna be empty 2mrw

User avatar
FrankChag
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 293
Joined: May 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm
Location: typing...

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby FrankChag » August 16th, 2020, 2:01 am

too late? the virus has a 2-week incubation... so by next week, hospitals are going to be maxed... 3,000 active cases by the end of August.

At this rate, 1/2 million by end of September? Is that what we're aiming for? herd immunity? because that is not a good idea, death-wise.

Image

User avatar
stev
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 7635
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 11:29 am
Location: Central

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby stev » August 16th, 2020, 3:02 am

trini ignorance gonna be our downfall...proof in redman videos

RedVEVO
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6259
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby RedVEVO » August 16th, 2020, 3:11 am

Dohplaydat wrote:Also, stop blaming people for spreading the virus around. Yes there are many irresponsible super spreaders, but guess what? Most of them are following the rules and still got it.

Like I said before, most of our cases are people who got it from co-workers and close friends and family. Not bars, gyms, restaurants or beaches.

Read this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... r-BB17VlsC


^^

The above does not apply to T&T :roll: :roll: :roll:

The owners of bars, gyms and restaurants where there is total lack of management with no masks and no social distancing is THE threat to TT society.

It's because TT is an undisciplined negative society where the common man on the street and cama wears no protection .

And Trump does not want you in HIS country .

User avatar
FrankChag
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 293
Joined: May 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm
Location: typing...

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 279 cases, 8 deaths, 135 discharged in T&T

Postby FrankChag » August 16th, 2020, 3:22 am

You should update the phases, and do a proper citation of the model you're using (eg Guidotti et al.).


Rajeevr84 wrote:I made an SIR Modeling tool for Trinidad some months ago. It's meant to be used as a guide for Lockdown removals so that we could manage the outbreak.

https://rajeev-ratan.shinyapps.io/Trinidad_Covid19_SIR/

Image

Image

Image

This is in NO WAY meant to be an accurate prediction. It's best interpreted as a guide as to viral spread using standard Epidemiology models. There are way too many variables to get this right as people's behaviors and government responses contionusly change.

I haven't updated this tool in a while, death rates are definitely over estimated here based on the latest figures it will be maybe 20-30% of what I'm predicting.

User avatar
FrankChag
Sweet on this forum
Posts: 293
Joined: May 9th, 2017, 4:28 pm
Location: typing...

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 279 cases, 8 deaths, 135 discharged in T&T

Postby FrankChag » August 16th, 2020, 3:25 am

FrankChag wrote:You should update the phases, and do a proper citation of the data and model you're using (eg Guidotti et al.).


Rajeevr84 wrote:I made an SIR Modeling tool for Trinidad some months ago. It's meant to be used as a guide for Lockdown removals so that we could manage the outbreak.

https://rajeev-ratan.shinyapps.io/Trinidad_Covid19_SIR/

Image

Image

Image

This is in NO WAY meant to be an accurate prediction. It's best interpreted as a guide as to viral spread using standard Epidemiology models. There are way too many variables to get this right as people's behaviors and government responses contionusly change.

I haven't updated this tool in a while, death rates are definitely over estimated here based on the latest figures it will be maybe 20-30% of what I'm predicting.

RedVEVO
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6259
Joined: March 8th, 2017, 1:05 am

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby RedVEVO » August 16th, 2020, 3:35 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:The law should be specific about wearing the mask properly also.
Too much people wearing masks and not covering their nose


Could not agree more Duane, I don't even know why people do that, it feels more uncomfortable to me anyway.



Most people do not understand that they need a blanket to cover their nose .

Hence the Law will require a majority vote in Parliament .

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8626
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby redmanjp » August 16th, 2020, 4:10 am

RedVEVO wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:The law should be specific about wearing the mask properly also.
Too much people wearing masks and not covering their nose


Could not agree more Duane, I don't even know why people do that, it feels more uncomfortable to me anyway.



Most people do not understand that they need a blanket to cover their nose .

Hence the Law will require a majority vote in Parliament .


then that law eh passing within 48 hrs as the PM suggested. If u can't include it in the normal Public Health Ordinance which does not require Parliament then we have to wait till the new Govt is sworn in.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8104
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm
Location: POS

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 497 cases, 10 deaths, 348 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby bluefete » August 16th, 2020, 7:03 am

FROM 1918:

Image

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], maj. tom, sMASH and 89 guests