TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 426 cases, 10 deaths, 277 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby paid_influencer » August 14th, 2020, 9:09 pm

redmanjp wrote:i feel we should have a national boycott- everybody stay home except for groceries & essentials

should we boycott schools too? because I have a booklist here and have to get books, stationary, bookbag, uniforms, etc. I rather stay home and drink.

$25 for mask btw :drinking:

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 426 cases, 10 deaths, 277 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby carluva » August 14th, 2020, 9:30 pm

A bit harsh to the end but I generally agree with you.

Trinis really showing their true unhygienic qualities.

And tom, the country is waiting for the PM to say lockdown. Trinidadians only respond to big stick... COVID raging away but real ppl liming in Woodford cafe in price plaza and first and last bar in Endeavour, Flirts bar in Jernigham all now. Is alcohol and liming really necessary??? And when bars close, everyone boo hooing.

Well done to our disgusting society.
maj. tom wrote:Allyuh doh wait for Rowley to say lockdown and stay home eh. Don't play like we eh know how to stop this. We did it in April. Only essential people should be out now. No more liming, only grocery... come on we did this before!!!
People who have to go to work, wear masks, social distance and wash your hands.

but.... it's not like allyuh didn't know all this and yet here we are. And fcuk all the selfish shits who had brought back Covid through our borders and broke quarantine. And we are aware of the illegal immigrant coming from South America where the disease is like wildfire. We were going good until you showed up with your nastiness. All these dead souls will weigh on you. :fist:

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 14th, 2020, 9:31 pm

Btw. Anyone knows where I can get the face shields on a glasses frame? Need to get some for adults and kids. It not those, then a link for any others would be appreciated.

jsali
3NE 2NR for life

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 426 cases, 10 deaths, 277 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby jsali » August 14th, 2020, 9:49 pm

carluva wrote:Btw. Anyone knows where I can get the face shields on a glasses frame? Need to get some for adults and kids. It not those, then a link for any others would be appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/10233600115251 ... 597429451/

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 14th, 2020, 9:49 pm

carluva wrote:Btw. Anyone knows where I can get the face shields on a glasses frame? Need to get some for adults and kids. It not those, then a link for any others would be appreciated.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=755840

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 14th, 2020, 9:49 pm

I hope you're wearing masks under those to because they don't prevent you from getting Covid

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 14th, 2020, 9:50 pm

carluva wrote:And tom, the country is waiting for the PM to say lockdown. Trinidadians only respond to big stick... COVID raging away but real ppl liming in Woodford cafe in price plaza and first and last bar in Endeavour, Flirts bar in Jernigham all now. Is alcohol and liming really necessary??? And when bars close, everyone boo hooing.

yuh see the problem is them is not the ones to feel the consequences. is the people in old age homes, public hospitals, and health care workers that will feel the brunt of the pandemic.

drink up bar drinkers. is not allyuh tuh dead fuh this :drinking:

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » August 14th, 2020, 9:54 pm

I still doh feel any lockdown coming. He already said they can't afford it

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 14th, 2020, 9:54 pm

Im guessing the last spreader would be the Trini panic rush if Keith shuts down tomorrow?

Sigh.

Alllll you Trinis had to do.....alllll allyuh had to do was just adhere to the New Norm measures.

Look what you all have done to this country now.

Doh blame Vene eh, Doh blame Trini quarantine breachers eh....only these people and these people alone should be tested positive.

ANY other Trini outside this that gets tested positive is due to their own negligence.

I will say it again.

Wear your f.ucking masks
Wash your hands and sanitize
Social Distance
Stay at Home.

Jeezus Crice T&T, allyuh really embarrassing yes.

We had it yunno......we had it

Smfh

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » August 14th, 2020, 9:54 pm

A coworker asked HR on Wednesday about the status on the PM's 2 week restriction period. They said they would know when they get briefed on it. As of quitting time today there's been no staff update email but quitting time was also before news of the 2 deaths.

Waiting like everyone else to hear what's said tomorrow (besides is Kamla MC fault), but i sure antsy at the likelihood of everyone returning to work Monday.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 14th, 2020, 9:56 pm

paid_influencer wrote:
carluva wrote:And tom, the country is waiting for the PM to say lockdown. Trinidadians only respond to big stick... COVID raging away but real ppl liming in Woodford cafe in price plaza and first and last bar in Endeavour, Flirts bar in Jernigham all now. Is alcohol and liming really necessary??? And when bars close, everyone boo hooing.

yuh see the problem is them is not the ones to feel the consequences. is the people in old age homes, public hospitals, and health care workers that will feel the brunt of the pandemic.

drink up bar drinkers. is not allyuh tuh dead fuh this :drinking:

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » August 14th, 2020, 9:57 pm

The economic outfall with be devasting if there is another lockdown. Ppl just had to listen an follow the guideline

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 14th, 2020, 10:05 pm

MaxPower wrote:Im guessing the last spreader would be the Trini panic rush if Keith shuts down tomorrow?

Sigh.

Alllll you Trinis had to do.....alllll allyuh had to do was just adhere to the New Norm measures.

Doh blame Vene eh, Doh blame Trini quarantine breachers eh....only these people and these people alone should be tested positive.

ANY other Trini outside this that gets tested positive is due to their own negligence.

I will say it again.

Wear your f.ucking masks
Social Distance
Stay at Home.

Smfh

I agree but my cousin who works at a private company said their office is cramped with 40 people in a building no larger than 2500 sqft. It is unbearably hot (too hot to wear masks) they have no pandemic leave, only 7 sick days per year. They have to work. What choice they have, even if they wear masks it's likely that whole office will get it soon.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 14th, 2020, 10:17 pm

ST Auto wrote:The economic outfall with be devasting if there is another lockdown. Ppl just had to listen an follow the guideline

people say this, but what is the economic fallout of this virus spreading in the population?

NZ is a good example. They had a lockdown and essentially removed the virus from their population for several months. They don't wear masks, they have school as normal, everything running 100% economic capacity. NZ is under lockdown again - likely a few weeks - but after they are back to full economic strength as before.

'living with the virus' as described by the PM is not free. People going on quarantine or pandemic leave is not free. Treating potentially thousands of sick people is not free. Ventilators are not free. ICU units and HDU units are not free. Doctors and nurses getting sick and dying, is not free. Students and teachers operating on shift and potentially bringing the virus home to parents and grandparents - is not free. Depression, suicide and PTSD are not free.

The economic outfall for not doing a lockdown will be even more devasting. I hope Keith makes the choice that will save lives tomorrow.

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » August 14th, 2020, 10:21 pm

I get what u saying but u can't compare NZ to the indiscipline Trini ppl. We are already going tru an economic crisis. The oil an gas industry is on a brink of collapse, hundreds of ppl lost their jobs in the first lockdown which made no sense. Ppl need to live an follow the guidelines. This will be the new normal. Everytime we have an outbreak we can't lockdown atleast Trinidad cannot survive that way. Sooner ppl get to realise covid here to stay the better. Do what you must to protect yourself an your loved ones

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » August 14th, 2020, 10:29 pm

Why is it we continue to have these announcements on a weekend and with immediate effect?

If restrictions are to be imposed, it is sensible to make an announcement during the week to take effect from the next Monday

Why constantly make employers scramble to interpret, make arrangements and advise staff?
Les Bain wrote:A coworker asked HR on Wednesday about the status on the PM's 2 week restriction period. They said they would know when they get briefed on it. As of quitting time today there's been no staff update email but quitting time was also before news of the 2 deaths.

Waiting like everyone else to hear what's said tomorrow (besides is Kamla MC fault), but i sure antsy at the likelihood of everyone returning to work Monday.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 14th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Im guessing the last spreader would be the Trini panic rush if Keith shuts down tomorrow?

Sigh.

I will say it again.

Wear your f.ucking masks
Social Distance
Stay at Home.

Smfh

I agree but my cousin who works at a private company said their office is cramped with 40 people in a building no larger than 2500 sqft. It is unbearably hot (too hot to wear masks) they have no pandemic leave, only 7 sick days per year. They have to work. What choice they have, even if they wear masks it's likely that whole office will get it soon.

Hello DPD,

Yes i remember clearly in the early stages that you mentioned the working conditions and the unconcerned management with regard to your relative.

Confronting management does not always work in our favor. Im pretty sure that if there was a way to make it better, your cousin wouldnt be in that position in work.

Very unfortunate how difficult it is to get change.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 426 cases, 10 deaths, 277 active, 139 discharged in T&T

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 14th, 2020, 10:43 pm

assassin wrote:Why is it we continue to have these announcements on a weekend and with immediate effect?

If restrictions are to be imposed, it is sensible to make an announcement during the week to take effect from the next Monday

Why constantly make employers scramble to interpret, make arrangements and advise staff?

If it gets bad enough on a particular day, they can’t say we will lock down in 5 days.
By that time things will get exponentially worse. Lockdown and emergency announcements will almost always be “with immediate effect”.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » August 14th, 2020, 10:47 pm

Is there a place to get the Ministry's tallies in 1 file or website table?

I'm currently using data from our world in data.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » August 14th, 2020, 11:36 pm

fokhan_96 wrote:So reallll results hold back till after elections. Most of the new cases were from before elections. Dem have no shame.

Ahh you catching on... lots of suppression especially in testing since April. When batch testing was introduced a few weeks ago, numbers were held back.

Yes Trinis are responsible for letting their guard down but we have to remember the government pounded into the population that they have everything under control. During elections pandemic took a pause. Reopening phases was suppose to be reversed when positives cases began spiking last month.
Last edited by The_Honourable on August 14th, 2020, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » August 14th, 2020, 11:46 pm

With all the suppression of cases taking place, I wondering now how many deaths were covered up / never disclosed...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 14th, 2020, 11:51 pm

The_Honourable wrote:
fokhan_96 wrote:So reallll results hold back till after elections. Most of the new cases were from before elections. Dem have no shame.

Ahh you catching on... lots of suppression especially in testing since April. When batch testing was introduced a few weeks ago, numbers were held back.

Yes Trinis are responsible for letting their guard down but we have to remember the government pounded into the population that they have everything under control. During elections pandemic took a pause. Reopening phases was suppose to be reversed when positives cases began spiking last month.
Stupid Trinis once again got played.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 14th, 2020, 11:55 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

Sigh.

I will say it again.

Wear your f.ucking masks
Social Distance
Stay at Home.

Smfh

no work from home options? no AC?

no company is above the law- if u are a contact of a positive person have to quarantine - it is REQUIRED by law, at least the primary contacts. in any event dey want dey whole staff getting sick, some to the point where they can't breathe?

that makes no sense from even a business perspective, not to mention how OSHA affects this- under OSHA u are entitled to a safe working environment- and u have the right to REFUSE TO WORK if it isn't safe. the only thing is if they home the company may not have to pay them beyond their leave entitlement, however NIS can pay sick leave which isn't paid by the company.

Govt should really address this issue of leave for private sector workers urgently- but i guess that would mean passing an emergency law or something

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » August 14th, 2020, 11:56 pm

i suspect someone at work has it....dry constant cough, had fever last week and always looking tired af :|

...they got a fit for work from a doctor but i have my doubts. HR wants to send them home but can't cuz of the fit for work (which was verified)

unionized environment btw...

had me thinking if there are cases where people are misdiagnosed....i mean the symptoms are so dam common

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » August 14th, 2020, 11:57 pm

stev wrote:i suspect someone at work has it....dry constant cough, had fever last week and always looking tired af :|

...they got a fit for work from a doctor but i have my doubts. HR wants to send them home but can't cuz of the fit for work (which was verified)

unionized environment btw...

how long she was home for? was she tested?
Last edited by redmanjp on August 15th, 2020, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » August 15th, 2020, 12:43 am

she was home for 3 days...she said she was tested but no evidence....just a fit for work from a doctor...HR asked for her test results but she is yet to produce them....can't send her home cuz unions' balls will get tight cuz she used up all her sick days for the year so anymore leave will be taken from salary...(the 3 days wasn't deducted from her days, her entire department just fakes a lot to take leave)

FYI...she was 'sick' carnival week and brought a sick leave

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 15th, 2020, 2:13 am

MaxPower wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Sigh.

I will say it again.

Wear your f.ucking masks
Social Distance
Stay at Home.

Smfh

Hello DPD,

Yes i remember clearly in the early stages that you mentioned the working conditions and the unconcerned management with regard to your relative.

Confronting management does not always work in our favor. Im pretty sure that if there was a way to make it better, your cousin wouldnt be in that position in work.

Very unfortunate how difficult it is to get change.

This is a 1% company that doesn't give a crap about them unfortunately. Their Covid policy was buying Lysol and masks.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 15th, 2020, 6:05 am

stev wrote:she was home for 3 days...she said she was tested but no evidence....just a fit for work from a doctor...HR asked for her test results but she is yet to produce them....can't send her home cuz unions' balls will get tight cuz she used up all her sick days for the year so anymore leave will be taken from salary...(the 3 days wasn't deducted from her days, her entire department just fakes a lot to take leave)

FYI...she was 'sick' carnival week and brought a sick leave
ent u should be able to access 50% salary from NIS? has the union outright rejected the option to keep the employee home or just and assumption?
if the union said they dont want to keep her home, then that is an issue the govt needs to address and direct. the precedent needs to be set publicly for the others to follow.

if was me, i call the test number anonymously and rat she out. but then, after a month or so, ur not supposed to be contagious any more. so it might be futile.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » August 15th, 2020, 6:26 am

We are assuming his analysis of the situation is whole and truthful

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » August 15th, 2020, 6:55 am

ST Auto wrote:I still doh feel any lockdown coming. He already said they can't afford it
He may rollback phases.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”