TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 97 cases, 6 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby mero » April 3rd, 2020, 2:00 pm

paid_influencer wrote:PNM / Carnival babies see the statement as a justification for them. "We were right all along," they believe.

I see it as an admission things could have gone drastically and horribly wrong in a way which could have destroyed the country for years into the future. It was an experiment that did not need to have happened.

Men change dey song to coulda yes lmao. Ok paid_blogger, it’s always been simple fcking math. I tort 2nrs smart and educated. The Carnival argument has been debunct many times to the point it’s common fking sense and only complete c*nts still trying to rewind this to make it political .

Nonetheless, same muffler bearings here gonna continue to beat this dead horse after CMO say what he say. Then again Rowley mustbe hold he balls in a vice grip to come and lie on TV.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 3rd, 2020, 2:00 pm

The only truth is that none of us,them we ,allyuh KNOW what the best thing to do is.
Yes its an experiment-its a first time event-so any course of action is an experiment.
No action taken has a certainty of success-therefore everything is weighed with a brutal cost benefit equations.

We are going to have to come to terms with the fact that there is a cost to any action taken-Financial,human,economic social.

Is there an acceptable ratio of X% GDP loss to save Y lives?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 97 cases, 6 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby MaxPower » April 3rd, 2020, 2:01 pm

Sad to say, when this is all under control, Trinis going back to their old stink ways.

Criminals and pests are now in their glee as they can comfortably wear their masks and a hat in public.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 3rd, 2020, 2:05 pm

SMc wrote:
aaron17 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:In today's press conference, the CMO has made the following recommendations on masks:

[*] ALL sick persons should wear a mask (even at home).
[*] ALL elderly persons should wear a mask when in public
[*] ALL persons with chronic medical condition (diabetes, hypertension, etc) should wear a mask when in public
[*] ALL healthcare workers should wear a mask

[*] Mask in this case means any face covering, not necessarily surgical masks.
[*] N95 grade masks should be only be used by healthcare workers and only for specific procedures
All healthy persons should wear a mask...they don't know if they have it.

I hope you have one already- Trump deployed the DPA last night towards 3M (the largest global manufacturer of 95 respirators) which means that they have taken (or tried thus far) to secure all respirators 3M manufactures globally for the US, cutting countries like Canada & Latin America (where T&T sits) out of the US manufactured product. other countries have already responded by not sending respirators made in their region to the US- the expected outcome of the decision is that the US ends up with less respirators- good move.
The War Powers Act has no effect on manufacturing by an American company in a foreign country.

--------

The lets the president force manufacturers to prioritize defense production, set price ceilings, expand private and public production capacity and more. (After 1953, Congress jettisoned provisions that allow the president to requisition materials and property, fix prices and wages, institute credit controls, and force settlement of some labor disputes.) It has since been reauthorized 53 times.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 3rd, 2020, 2:11 pm

paid_influencer wrote:PNM / Carnival babies see the statement as a justification for them. "We were right all along," they believe.

I see it as an admission things could have gone drastically and horribly wrong in a way which could have destroyed the country for years into the future. It was an experiment that did not need to have happened.

hoss, i want to think, its our hot dry dusty climate that helping to keep this virus spread under manners.
also, the deaths and cases of other corona viruses may actually be covid, just not tested out of caution to reduce contact for critical workers.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 3rd, 2020, 2:11 pm

MaxPower wrote:Sad to say, when this is all under control, Trinis going back to their old stink ways.

Criminals and pests are now in their glee as they can comfortably wear their masks and a hat in public.

MAX !

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 3rd, 2020, 2:11 pm

SMc wrote:
bluefete wrote:Actually, the mask thing may not be as bad as some are making it out to be.

You can make a mask from an old jersey, a clean sanitary pad and so on.

The key is to try and prevent transmission via spittle and breathing droplets.

Thats like saying I could make my own effective shades at home, all I need to do is cut the bottom off 2 sprite bottle-run a rubber band through them and stick them over me head, they covering by eyes and I could still kinda see- taadaa.-It dont work that way

Respirators filter out incoming particles, ole jersey + maxi will only help stop particles going out if correctly fitted , and only applies if you already infected with something- good luck if you want to try that. If it does work and you that confident it does, post a pic of you walking around Massey with maxi-pad strapped around your face
Homemade masks have been tested and show an advantage in pathogen transmission.

----------------

Testing the efficacy of homemade masks: would they protect in an influenza pandemic?

Davies A1, Thompson KA, Giri K, Kafatos G, Walker J, Bennett A.

Author information

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

This study examined homemade masks as an alternative to commercial face masks.

METHODS:

Several household materials were evaluated for the capacity to block bacterial and viral aerosols. Twenty-one healthy volunteers made their own face masks from cotton t-shirts; the masks were then tested for fit. The number of microorganisms isolated from coughs of healthy volunteers wearing their homemade mask, a surgical mask, or no mask was compared using several air-sampling techniques.

RESULTS:

The median-fit factor of the homemade masks was one-half that of the surgical masks. Both masks significantly reduced the number of microorganisms expelled by volunteers, although the surgical mask was 3 times more effective in blocking transmission than the homemade mask.

CONCLUSION:

Our findings suggest that a homemade mask should only be considered as a last resort to prevent droplet transmission from infected individuals, but it would be better than no protection.

[URL]https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24229526
[/URL]

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » April 3rd, 2020, 2:15 pm

^^

If you not walking around with a 95 surgical mask by now you is a sufferer :shock:

It cost $5 ..

Just eat one doubles less :roll: :roll:

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 3rd, 2020, 2:19 pm

mero wrote:Men change dey song to coulda yes lmao. Ok paid_blogger, it’s always been simple fcking math. I tort 2nrs smart and educated. The Carnival argument has been debunct many times to the point it’s common fking sense and only complete c*nts still trying to rewind this to make it political .

2ners know when man cuss and get on, is to leave them. take win brotherman. :drinking:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 3rd, 2020, 2:20 pm

Given that world governments are pleading for surgical masks to be left for medical personnel, it means that ordinary citizens are left with the lesser quality masks and as a last resort, in the event of global shortages, have alternatives they can look at.

The key is to prevent droplet transmission from one person to the next and as the researchers concluded, any protection is better than none.
Last edited by bluefete on April 3rd, 2020, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 3rd, 2020, 2:22 pm

RedVEVO wrote:^^

If you not walking around with a 95 surgical mask by now you is a sufferer :shock:

It cost $5 ..

Man in Massy had on full face respirator about 2 weeks ago. His phone rang and he tried to answer it with the mask on. Real jones for those who were around.

Last edited by bluefete on April 3rd, 2020, 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 3rd, 2020, 2:22 pm

It cost $5 ..

What's a 95 Surgical mask ?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 3rd, 2020, 2:23 pm

mero wrote:

Men change dey song to coulda yes lmao. Ok paid_blogger, it’s always been simple fcking math. I tort 2nrs smart and educated. The Carnival argument has been debunct many times to the point it’s common fking sense and only complete c*nts still trying to rewind this to make it political .

Nonetheless, same muffler bearings here gonna continue to beat this dead horse after CMO say what he say. Then again Rowley mustbe hold he balls in a vice grip to come and lie on TV.

that was no great strategic decision. that was just to keep face for elections, and dumb luck it didnt happen.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 3rd, 2020, 2:24 pm

rspann wrote:

It cost $5 ..

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 3rd, 2020, 2:26 pm

Oaaar , A N95 respirator .

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » April 3rd, 2020, 2:32 pm

adnj wrote:
SMc wrote:
aaron17 wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:In today's press conference, the CMO has made the following recommendations on masks:

[*] ALL persons with chronic medical condition (diabetes, hypertension, etc) should wear a mask when in public

[*] N95 grade masks should be only be used by healthcare workers and only for specific procedures

I hope you have one already- Trump deployed the DPA last night towards 3M (the largest global manufacturer of 95 respirators) which means that they have taken (or tried thus far) to secure all respirators 3M manufactures globally for the US, cutting countries like Canada & Latin America (where T&T sits) out of the US manufactured product. other countries have already responded by not sending respirators made in their region to the US- the expected outcome of the decision is that the US ends up with less respirators- good move.
The War Powers Act has no effect on manufacturing by an American company in a foreign country.

--------

The lets the president force manufacturers to prioritize defense production, set price ceilings, expand private and public production capacity and more. (After 1953, Congress jettisoned provisions that allow the president to requisition materials and property, fix prices and wages, institute credit controls, and force settlement of some labor disputes.) It has since been reauthorized 53 times.

I'm not sure what the message is from the post- is it explaining what the DPA is thats fine. I know get that bit which is why I stated 'thus far' 3M has not raised prices but rather the re-sellers that have done so, but the wider issue is the countries that don't have manufacturing capabilities and need product to pass through the US - which will no longer be allowed

adnj wrote:
SMc wrote:
bluefete wrote:Actually, the mask thing may not be as bad as some are making it out to be.

Thats like saying I could make my own effective shades at home, all I need to do is cut the bottom off 2 sprite bottle-run a rubber band through them and stick them over me head, they covering by eyes and I could still kinda see- taadaa.-It dont work that way

Respirators filter out incoming particles, ole jersey + maxi will only help stop particles going out if correctly fitted , and only applies if you already infected with something- good luck if you want to try that. If it does work and you that confident it does, post a pic of you walking around Massey with maxi-pad strapped around your face

----------------

Testing the efficacy of homemade masks: would they protect in an influenza pandemic?

Author information

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

METHODS:

Several household materials were evaluated for the capacity to block bacterial and viral aerosols. Twenty-one healthy volunteers made their own face masks from cotton t-shirts
; the masks were then tested for fit. The number of microorganisms isolated from coughs of healthy volunteers wearing their homemade mask, a surgical mask, or no mask was compared using several air-sampling techniques.

RESULTS:

The median-fit factor of the homemade masks was one-half that of the surgical masks. Both masks significantly reduced the number of microorganisms expelled by volunteers, although the surgical mask was 3 times more effective in blocking transmission than the homemade mask.

CONCLUSION:

Our findings suggest that a homemade mask should only be considered as a last resort to prevent droplet transmission from infected individuals, but it would be better than no protection.

[/URL]

on this one-if you were trying to avoid a STD that would be potentially deadly if you caught it would you be happy to use a contraceptive that was 3x less effective than the recommended?

just asking

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 3rd, 2020, 2:35 pm

Once again, homemade masks are LAST RESORTS.

aaron17

Postby aaron17 » April 3rd, 2020, 2:53 pm

bluefete wrote:
aaron17 wrote:I was reading the moh public health ordinance regulation document. Can someone tell me where the subregulation 2 is?

On pg. 233, there is a 2 (1) and a 2 (2) -which deals with the penalty for carrying more than 50% of people in your taxi

http://news.gov.tt/sites/default/files/ ... NEW%29.pdf
Thanks..I was looking for a public/private workplace on how much ppl should be working.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 3rd, 2020, 3:00 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
sekhar_777 wrote:https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/

"The reports chart movement trends over time by geography, across different categories of places such as retail and recreation, groceries and pharmacies, parks, transit stations, workplaces, and residential."

Google uses anonymous location data collected from our phones to map movement.
Just type in country of interest eg. Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica, Barbados and download pdf.

Doesn't look like TT is doing a good job, looking at the fact that Grocery/Pharmacy has increased +10% and Workplaces is only down -17%. So it seems we have started to head back to work now.

Notice the big peak +80% in Parks/Recreation at end of Feb - this was Carnival.

Compare this to this to
Jamaica Grocery/Pharmacy -36% and Workplaces -29%
Barbados Grocery/Pharmacy -47% and Workplaces -52%
Antigua and Barbuda Grocery/Pharmacy -21% and Workplaces -48%

The warnings are here: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-52055546

Thanks for that link!

hope MOH sees this data

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 3rd, 2020, 3:10 pm

SMc wrote:
adnj wrote:
SMc wrote:
aaron17 wrote:

--------

I'm not sure what the message is from the post- is it explaining what the DPA is thats fine. I know get that bit which is why I stated 'thus far' 3M has not raised prices but rather the re-sellers that have done so, but the wider issue is the countries that don't have manufacturing capabilities and need product to pass through the US - which will no longer be allowed

adnj wrote:
SMc wrote:

----------------

Author information

Abstract

OBJECTIVE:

METHODS:

Several household materials were evaluated for the capacity to block bacterial and viral aerosols. Twenty-one healthy volunteers made their own face masks from cotton t-shirts
; the masks were then tested for fit. The number of microorganisms isolated from coughs of healthy volunteers wearing their homemade mask, a surgical mask, or no mask was compared using several air-sampling techniques.

RESULTS:

CONCLUSION:

[/URL]

on this one-if you were trying to avoid a STD that would be potentially deadly if you caught it would you be happy to use a contraceptive that was 3x less effective than the recommended?

just asking
I believe that what you were referencing was the Trump administration telling 3M that there could be no N95 respirator exports to Canada and Latin America.

Althought the war powers act allows for ot, 3M cautioned against it.

[URL]3M: We'll make more N95 masks for the US but we need to keep exporting them https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB128l7z?m=en-us& ... InAppShare

[/URL]

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » April 3rd, 2020, 3:25 pm

OK..just a heads up from my end.

Keep safe (and don't rely on old jersey and porous condoms to do the job)

S

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 3rd, 2020, 3:28 pm

rspann wrote:

It cost $5 ..

So much?

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 3rd, 2020, 3:32 pm

SMc wrote:OK..just a heads up from my end.

Keep safe (and don't rely on old jersey and porous condoms to do the job)

S

Well yesss fada....

Now they will sure have a shortage of jockey shorts.

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » April 3rd, 2020, 4:07 pm

92200776_3249794685050317_7976565003878662144_n.jpeg

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 3rd, 2020, 4:33 pm

no #7 death yet?

ST Auto
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby ST Auto » April 3rd, 2020, 4:38 pm

Maybe tonight

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 3rd, 2020, 4:40 pm

bluefete wrote:Once again, homemade masks are LAST RESORTS.

better a little something than a mountain of nothing
But I'd venture to say they can be almost effective, depending on how you make it, & what you make it from

problem with homemade masks=they tend to be very porous, & not thick enough or the correct shape to trap & securely hold droplets & aerosols containing pathohens away from the airway entry points.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 3rd, 2020, 4:48 pm

Adjustments.JPG

Not sure how accurate, but something to consider.

Stay indoors.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » April 3rd, 2020, 5:25 pm

n95 masks are going at $25 to $35 if you can get them.
At this time we may have no choice about what kind of mask to wear.
I am of the view if we all wear some form of mask which retards and restricts movement of droplets between individuals, this virus would lose momentum and thus improve our ability to achieve some control.
Wash hands (sanitize), observe social distancing recommendations, avoid congregating and wear some form of facial protection and we on our way to better days.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 3rd, 2020, 5:26 pm

that pic must be inaccurate
a surgical mask is basically a cloth mask

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”