TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 90 cases, 4 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby The_Honourable » April 1st, 2020, 6:59 pm

Trinidadians playing the ass... :evil:

It's getting really hard now inno

In the middle of an allergic reaction and in a piriton induced state of mild dropsy...

After a 12-13 hour work day that didn't finish when I got home of course... Never does btw

I talked to a guy whose information came in around 10pm via the hotline

Man sounded very sick...swear he was going to die

Had a very detailed story.

Spent a while organising an ambulance to get him urgently seen..

Forced myself to stay up and near midnight I called him to find out what's happening.

Sounded like a different man... Totally normal... No symptoms... Voice strong...Magic!!

Apparently a carefully concocted story to cheat the system... He wanted a test.

Sigh...

Really... Lying to overworked and tired workers?

And when it come back negative??

Then want? Walk around like a boss and feel you safe?

https://www.facebook.com/sanjiv.parasra ... 6556720411

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 1st, 2020, 7:17 pm

Idk if I'm wrong to think this, but something just telling me that it may be possible to contract this virus by means other than just being in contact with droplet/aerosolized exposure.
I getting the weird suspicion that infection via transdermal means might be quite possible.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 1st, 2020, 7:28 pm

paid_influencer wrote:Rowley said nothing today about crowds at banks and groceries. No talk, no actions, just allow the situation to continue as it is.

That is absolutely criminal. And in every sense of the word.

The supermarkets and banks that know what is going on just out their doors and have some responsibility. The solutions are easy enough: more staff inside and outside the bank to handle the situation, assign banking days by last name, give out numbers/tickets at the door, and yes request police support if the crowds get too large for them to manage.

Good solutions.

But the problem is that its Trinidadians you’re dealing with:

“Dai nuh my wuk”
“Dem eh paying me for dat”
“Never me and outside dey”

Failure with them.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 1st, 2020, 7:30 pm

88sins wrote:Idk if I'm wrong to think this, but something just telling me that it may be possible to contract this virus by means other than just being in contact with droplet/aerosolized exposure.
I getting the weird suspicion that infection via transdermal means might be quite possible.

i google this and cant find nothing related I doubt is true

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » April 1st, 2020, 7:34 pm

ED you get through with the stove ? Make sure because it not going to get better soon.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 1st, 2020, 7:40 pm

I'm beginning to think we should have gone the route of Sweden, S. Korea, Iceland and Japan.

Yes limit mass gatherings, talk about social distancing, washing hands etc, even encourage mask-wearing.....but carry on business as usual, borders open and all.

Why? Trinis too damn harden and stupid, all these drastic measures may very well have little to no impact on flattening our peak.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » April 1st, 2020, 7:40 pm

Have a man on ED work who tell him that cooking at home leads to an increase in stress and considering that he is high risk already geing obese with diabetes he should try to avoid stress as much as possible. What you need to do ED is hire a personal chief. For a place to stay as well as providing materials it have some cheap chiefs you can hire. Just need a little spanish.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 1st, 2020, 7:41 pm

threads needs updating ? , ent MOH says is 5 deaths .... https://www.facebook.com/MinistryofHeal ... =3&theater

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 1st, 2020, 7:44 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
88sins wrote:Idk if I'm wrong to think this, but something just telling me that it may be possible to contract this virus by means other than just being in contact with droplet/aerosolized exposure.

i google this and cant find nothing related I doubt is true

My suspicion isn't based on something that you can find on google, never said anyone said so either.
This is just my personal suspicion based on something I saw while I was comparing SARS-CoV2 to another virus.

I could be wrong, and I hope I am and that it stays that way.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 1st, 2020, 8:07 pm

rspann wrote:ED you get through with the stove ? Make sure because it not going to get better soon.

Yes I bought a cheap table top stove it has a lot of heat I does have to use it on low.

Cooking is lots of work and washing dishes etc but I getting accustomed to it I bought brussel sprouts and broccoli frozen and noodles and carrots oil and seasoning so gonna make some Chinese with them stuff

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 1st, 2020, 8:15 pm

You didn't buy a stove in Courts online the other day ?
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
rspann wrote:ED you get through with the stove ? Make sure because it not going to get better soon.

Yes I bought a cheap table top stove it has a lot of heat I does have to use it on low.

Cooking is lots of work and washing dishes etc but I getting accustomed to it I bought brussel sprouts and broccoli frozen and noodles and carrots oil and seasoning so gonna make some Chinese with them stuff

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 1st, 2020, 8:22 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:You didn't buy a stove in Courts online the other day ?
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

That was for my mother some years ago

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 90 cases, 5 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby Miktay » April 1st, 2020, 8:37 pm

Hope Thiz izan April fools joke...

BEIJING, April 1 (Reuters) - A county in central China's Henan province said on Wednesday it had virtually banned all outbound movement of people, following several cases of coronavirus infection in the area.

No one can travel out of Jia county without proper authorisation, the county, which has a population of about 600,000, said in a post on its social media account. Additionally, residents are not allowed to leave their homes for work unless they have clearance to do so.

Henan province reported one confirmed case in Luohe city on Saturday. Local authorities said the infected person had been in contact with two doctors based in Jia county who later tested positive for the virus even though they had showed no symptoms.

https://news.trust.org/item/20200401151444-l11ny/

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 1st, 2020, 8:52 pm

No wonder they have the most cases globally

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 1st, 2020, 8:57 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

that's cuz you looking at it wrong bruh
Cooking can actually be very therapeutic,especially if you try to get creative but you have to like it. It takes the mind off stresses. Wahing dishes can be the same too, just depends on how you look at it and how hard they are to wash (hint-wash your utensils as soon as you done with them, that way nothing piles up and you'll have less small utensils to wash)

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » April 1st, 2020, 9:19 pm

that cuomo guy on CNN has it

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » April 1st, 2020, 9:27 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:I'm beginning to think we should have gone the route of Sweden, S. Korea, Iceland and Japan.

Yes limit mass gatherings, talk about social distancing, washing hands etc, even encourage mask-wearing.....but carry on business as usual, borders open and all.

Why? Trinis too damn harden and stupid, all these drastic measures may very well have little to no impact on flattening our peak.

nah, u cant get buy in to raid the HSF that way... all these drastic measures are between two weeks and a month late, so its useless for what they should be acheiving. rowley dem just catering for the 3% death toll, pretend we doing some ass with isolation and ventilator, let the underlings run around hot and sweaty earning their salaries, and raid the HSF and rack up international debts.

rememeber, them fellas clocking close to 70. no matter what the country going tru, they will be socially and economically inuslated from it, be it venezuela or haiti level status.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 1st, 2020, 9:31 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

ED, wares is just one thing we cant avoid with cooking.

A little hack, as u finish eat, use the same napkin you have to wipe out the plate/utensils into the garbage one time. As my mate Reek suggested, rinse out the remaining food stuff on the plate/utensils which should just be sauce/oil. This will also help with the sink drain as u will have less food particles to cause clogs etc.

You like dahl btw bro?

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » April 1st, 2020, 9:36 pm

Looks like Watson Duke is about to get into a heap of trouble.

But I will wait for it to play out.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » April 1st, 2020, 9:38 pm

watching that cuomo guy on CNN, I realize i need to prepare a strategy on "what to do when I get sick". because I would have to deal with fevers, rigors, muscle pain, dehydration and worst of all - trying not to infect anybody else (that's the big one).

what room and I gonna be in, how am i gonna move all my stuff there, how will get food prepared (not gonna use the shared kitchen), how to deal with dishes and garbage, how to handle utensils, how to communicate with my family, etc.

I was thinking about just hanging out on the back porch the whole time, but that isn't realistic now that I think about it. might have to move into a downstairs room like that cuomo guy.

gonna start getting the room in order and making a "grab and go" bag for if I start feeling sick.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 1st, 2020, 9:43 pm

MaxPower wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

A little hack, as u finish eat, use the same napkin you have to wipe out the plate/utensils into the garbage one time. As my mate Reek suggested, rinse out the remaining food stuff on the plate/utensils which should just be sauce/oil. This will also help with the sink drain as u will have less food particles to cause clogs etc.

You like dahl btw bro?

Yes love dhal too bad I used to drink it like a soup also.

yeah I realize when I leave wares it becomes way harder to clean so I does end up washing it same time.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 1st, 2020, 9:55 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

You like dahl btw bro?

yeah I realize when I leave wares it becomes way harder to clean so I does end up washing it same time.

Nice.

Boil some dhal with carrots, ochroe, provisions etc, no setta wares.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 1st, 2020, 10:01 pm

MaxPower wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

You like dahl btw bro?

Nice.

doh make joke that sounding good I have sweet potato and carrots so will try it out tomorrow, thanks

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » April 1st, 2020, 10:15 pm

10 PM update

FB_IMG_1585793629961.jpeg

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 1st, 2020, 11:54 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

You like dahl btw bro?

Nice.

doh make joke that sounding good I have sweet potato and carrots so will try it out tomorrow, thanks

Drop some chicken foot in it with some noodles, make it thin by using less peas, and you have a chicken foot soup.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 2nd, 2020, 1:20 am

Somebody just mention dhal and you get rel agreeable bhai Pablo..

How you feel bout tomato choka and pepper roti den ?

MaxPower wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
MaxPower wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

You like dahl btw bro?

Nice.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 2nd, 2020, 3:47 am

100k deaths projected in the US

and that's with social distancing!

1-2 mil without!

per capita we doin pretty good in comparision

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » April 2nd, 2020, 4:03 am

is it my imagination or does the world figures look better today at 4am.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

i find new infections and deaths looking lower or none at all. dont know if the site updated.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » April 2nd, 2020, 6:06 am

Official Government info. vs reality?...:|

COVID ANGER
patient threatens to mash up Couva Hospital; complaints over food, retesting
Yvonne Baboolal

COVID-19 patients at the Couva Hospital who claim they have been asymptomatic for as many as 12 days and believe they are healthy are threatening to revolt.

“It’s like we’re being held here like prisoners against our will,” a patient, who asked for anonymity, told the Express yesterday.

He said he was not even sure if his test was mixed up with somebody else’s at the Caribbean Public Health Agency (Carpha).

He pointed out that according to guidelines stipulated by the Ministry of Health, patients who show no symptoms of ­COVID-19 after seven days are supposed to be tested again.

“If I am negative, they are supposed to let me go in the comfort of my home,” he said.

He said on his floor, there are about 20 people who are showing no symptoms of the virus. “No fever, no coughing, nothing. Some have been asymptomatic seven, ten, 12 days, but they are refusing to test us.

“I tell them to let me run up and down 20 times so they could see how healthy I am, but they not taking me on,” he said.

He said at the same time, really sick people are being brought into the same facility, putting their lives at risk.

The patient threatened to “mash up the place”.

“It is total disaster and it go have a revolt in here just now. The army will have to come because it will have bacchanal. A lot of the patients are very angry because they’re not getting answers. Every day the criteria changing. I will mash up every blasted thing inside here. I will be like a bull in a China tea shop,” he threatened.

No answers

The patient said he has already called his lawyer and is at the point where he feels getting arrested for mashing up the place might be his ticket to freedom.

“If I do mash up things and they arrest me, at least I will go to court and I will get bail and come out,” he said.

He said there is no sanitiser in the bathrooms or Lysol, and not even gloves for the healthy patients. The patient said the biggest mistake in his life was when he recently returned from travelling abroad and got a fever and decided to be a model citizen and call the Ministry of Health.

“That’s like the worst thing I do in my life. I had fever for one day and called the ministry. I got tested and they called be back on the phone and told me I had COVID-19.

“No slip, no paper, nothing showing me I was positive. How I sure they didn’t mix up my test with somebody else own in Carpha?”

He said the patients’ tempera­tures and blood pressure levels are recorded in a journal daily and medical personnel at the hospital know how many patients have been asymptomatic for how long.

He said when they ask under what criteria one patient was discharged, they get no answers.

“When you ask the doctors, you get no answer.”

The patient said people who were with him on the same trip “are good and about outside ­normal”.

Meanwhile, he said patients have to battle with improper and insufficient food and no water to drink. “Two days now patients asking for bottled water to take tablets, and were not given any. Is families have to drop water for us. If the water run out, we have to beg them for some. Inside here is hell.”

Dry bread

The Express also spoke to another ­patient, who asked to remain anonymous.

She said she did a lot of travelling with her family recently, but she was the only one who tested COVID-19-positive.

“They are feeling I contracted the virus down here. I was shocked when I was tested positive. Not even my friends who I was in contact with tested positive,” she said.

She said upon her return home, she went to work as usual and to the grocery, and to MovieTowne once.

“I had fever, shortness of breath, ­nausea, loss of appetite and strong lethargy, but no cough. I was shocked when I tested positive. They called and said they were sending an ambulance to take me Couva because Caura was full and couldn’t take more,” she said.

She said she is feeling better and wants to be tested.

“The Government is saying after ­seven days asymptomatic, you are supposed to be tested again but, in here, they keep moving the goalpost. If they do test you, they don’t bring back the results,” she said.

She said they are given food which is not proper for a sick patient. “For breakfast we might get a bread with cheese inside or four slices of dry bread, with one boiled egg.

“Lunch is a big bowl of rice with a little bit of peas and one small piece of chicken and maybe two small pieces of tomatoes and some cabbage.

“Dinner, is more dry bread with cheese paste or shredded chicken or fish. The food comes late, she said.

One time, the salad was rotten and she vomited, she said. “The nurse told me I was looking thin and I told her, obviously, I’m not getting enough food.”

She said patients are sustained in ­between meals with Ensure protein shakes, fruit and Crix crackers sent by relatives.

She said patients are not allowed to walk outside their room, adding, “The most walking you may do is from your bed to the window and to the bathroom.”

She said some nurses allow them to walk out into the corridors, but they are not to enter “clean areas”, which are designated for only health personnel in personal protective equipment.

The patient said praying three times a day keeps her sane, while patients also ­uplift each other.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/covid-anger/article_8fb34c9e-73ae-11ea-96e7-83d0c293f666.html

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » April 2nd, 2020, 6:19 am

CARPHA has 3-week COVID chemical cover
Rishard Khan & Radhica De Silva

The Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) is actively searching for suppliers of a key ingredient to the COVID-19 testing process amidst a global shortage but says its has cover for at least the next three weeks.

The reagent chemical is crucial to the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing process but increased demand for the chemical, as countries around the world ramp up testing to battle COVID-19, has led to its shortage, CARPHA deputy director and infectious disease specialist Dr Lisa Indar said yesterday.

“The CMML (CARPHA’s Medical Microbiology Laboratory) has been impacted by global shortages of reagents. However, our current reagent capacity is we have enough media to take us through the next three weeks,” Indar said during the organisation’s virtual press conference yesterday.

Indar noted that CARPHA had placed pre-orders for the agents in January before there were any cases of the virus in the Caribbean. However, the delivery of the reagent was now being delayed due to the shortage.

“It’s just the time it’s taking to get to us because of the shortage,” Indar said.

Meanwhile, Caribbean Public Health Agency executive director Dr Joy St John says it would not be wise for countries to reopen borders to travellers from other countries where there are outbreaks of the virus at this stage, since this could lead to a second wave of the virus in those countries.

She said epidemiological data on COVID-19 cases is currently being compiled which shows the analysis of the distribution, patterns and determinants of health and disease conditions in defined populations. This data, she said, is already showing they must be very careful on how they approach treatment and management of the spread of the virus. She noted that a risk profile is also being done on patients, incorporating data on their ages and health history to help in the battle to eradicate the virus.

“We don’t have the full picture. PAHO (Pan American Health Organisation) may have it. We do not just do a demographic profile but also an epidemiological profile because we are aware that there will be second and third waves of the disease,” St John said.

“People with diseases, lung conditions, those older with underlying conditions, there are some people who will not be exposed but if we open our borders and increase traffic from countries with transmission (then we could have a second or third wave).”

Asked whether the Caribbean was already seeing a second wave, St John said, “We are about to get into the sloping of the curve and we are on the flat part, please don’t put a second wave on top of that.”

Asked whether other countries outside the Caribbean were experiencing a second wave, she said, “A second wave on top of the first wave is not the experience globally. There is an epidemic curve, a peaking, waning and then cessation. Usually, if there are no deaths in 14 days you are out of the first wave. Having a second wave means the measures that we put to curtail the disease in the first wave have been lifted.”

However, she said most countries are increasing their measures and have expanded the range of businesses that cannot open and are implementing certain suppression measures.

“We’re not in the second wave yet,” she added.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/carpha-has-3week-covid-chemical-cover-6.2.1091052.69a25003a9

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”