TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 89 cases, 5 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby pugboy » April 1st, 2020, 1:46 pm

and it seems basically any type of basic mask too they advocating

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » April 1st, 2020, 1:51 pm

That 1mil cases might hit tonight.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 89 cases, 4 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby redmanjp » April 1st, 2020, 1:52 pm

bluefete wrote:There are symptoms linked to the virus that the "experts' do not even acknowledge.

For example - the temporary loss of smell and taste.

But I am just a bush doctor related to Trevor Sayers.

redmanjp wrote:damn- i had diarrhoea a few days ago and still have stomach discomfort

and a coworker now say her child & husband was exposed to a relative in the country who in hospital in New Jersey

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-diarrhea-symptoms.html

MOH does mention acute diarrhoea actually- i better call d hotline

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby Keyser Soze » April 1st, 2020, 1:53 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:Meanwhile Germany testing 500,000 per week.

Whereas how much we testing? About 500 in 20 days? 25/day?
At that rate it would take (1.3m/25) = 52000 days or 142 years.
And bear in mind that is TT alone (not counting the millions of others from the region that also have to use TT labs)

If we have to test at such a sheit rate, why even bother test at all?
In 142 years everyone will be dead anyway.

Why not just accept it and go the Swedish/Dutch route?

Also, Dewayne them should probably unban the person (Kamla) who post the 'fake news' seeing that he/she wasn't far from the truth at all.

Maybe they might give some more news from the future.

And oh GOSH man ollour trini real fuggin annoying - I will continue this post in the next thread

With respect to testing, you have to be showing symptoms in order to get an accurate result from the test.
You can't just go about testing suspected people who are not showing symptoms as you more than likely will get a false negative, which is a false sense of confidence that you are not infected and this can cause local and community spread.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 1st, 2020, 2:18 pm

True, but there are many people who ARE/were showing symptoms and not being tested simply because they have no recent travel history. - I don't know if this has changed since travelling was banned.

By the time they realize that the fella really had Covid (because he was hugging up his neighbour Ramdaye, who was booling her husband nonstop since he return from farrin just before the travel ban) it will be too late, and this will also cause local/community spread.

As much as Keith and Co trying their to keep it under control, this virus has always been one step ahead of Trinis.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » April 1st, 2020, 2:30 pm

88sins wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:
I was not studying the poor countries as much as the larger ones. For example China is the largest foreign holder of US debt. You really think America going and hand over the Port of Long Beach to them like Sri Lanka did with Hambantota?

you think America would actually have an alternative choice? A contract between two governments is still a contract, & if in that contract there is a condition that failure to service the debt results in forfeiture of the indebted asset, only thing stopping foreclosure is a creditors good faith gesture. To the best of my knowledge, the US has not been a recipient of Belt & Road Initiative financing, so they don't have to worry too much there. but if ever they were, they'd be JUST as on the hook as smaller countries with weak economies would be. & right now some of those smaller watching out & trying to see what can be done if this kind of economic slowdown/shutdown continues for so long that it takes them years to recover & they literally cannot pay back what they owe.

US debt to china is mostly trade debt, but it is a lot. No great risk of siezure of assets, but this sort of debt does have it's consequences if not managed properly
Time will tell for us all, nation by nation, fledgling or superpower.
China buys US Treasury Bills, just like most foreign nations. Foreign nations and nationals own only about 20% of US debt.

-------

The U.S. debt to China is $1.07 trillion as of December 2019.1 That's 16% of the $6.7 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries. The rest of the $23 trillion national debt is owned by either the American people or by the U.S. government itself. 

China has the second-greatest amount of U.S. debt held by a foreign country. Japan rose to first place in June 2019. As of December 2019, it owned $1.15 trillion. It's followed by the United Kingdom at $332.6 billion, Brazil at $281.9 billion, and Ireland at $281.8 billion.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-debt-to-china-how-much-does-it-own-3306355

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » April 1st, 2020, 2:57 pm

CARPHA head warns against reopening T&T's borders

People who are currently outside Trinidad and Tobago should stay out to prevent a second or a possible third wave of COVID- 19 cases, says Caribbean Public Health Agency executive director Dr Joy St John.

St John’s recommendation comes even as some members of the public and Opposition continue to call for a reopening of the borders to allow some nationals stranded abroad to return home.

Speaking at a virtual press conference on Wednesday, however, St John said opening the borders will not allow T&T to flatten the curve.

"People with diseases, lung conditions, those older with underlying conditions, there are some people who will not be exposed but if we open our borders and increase traffic from countries with transmission (then we could have a second or third wave)."

Asked whether the Caribbean was already seeing a second wave, St John responded, "We are about to get into the sloping of the curve and we are on the flat part, please don't put a second wave on top of that."

Asked whether other countries outside of the Caribbean were experiencing a second wave, she said, "A second wave on top of the first wave is not the experience globally. There is an epidemic curve, a peaking, waning and then cessation. Usually, if there are no deaths in 14 days you are out of the first wave. Having a second wave means the measures that we put to curtail the disease in the first wave have been lifted."

However, she said most countries are increasing their measures and have expanded the range of businesses that cannot open and implementing certain suppression measures.

"We’re not in the second wave yet," she added.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/carpha-h ... 9a7d5855b3

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 1st, 2020, 3:23 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:True, but there are many people who ARE/were showing symptoms and not being tested simply because they have no recent travel history. - I don't know if this has changed since travelling was banned.

By the time they realize that the fella really had Covid (because he was hugging up his neighbour Ramdaye, who was booling her husband nonstop since he return from farrin just before the travel ban) it will be too late, and this will also cause local/community spread.

As much as Keith and Co trying their to keep it under control, this virus has always been one step ahead of Trinis.

Hello Blaze, this is good.

Even if you call the 877 hotline they are still asking for a travel history within 14 days as the borders were closed less than that time. You must have the majority of the symptoms, if not, and you just have mild/trotman symptoms, you are assured you do not have Covid 19...over the phone, how amazing.

So yes, all the Ramdayes were out and about spreading their germs in all the panic buying and mass congregating.

This virus loves the Trinidadian mentality.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 1st, 2020, 3:25 pm

who is the strong man gg put to talk ?
he looking like a strongman version of ian alleyne

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:POLICE NEWS CONFERENCE

https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television ... 972877500/

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » April 1st, 2020, 3:39 pm

The bald-headed man who talking say we at war and COVID-19 is a death sentence upon the world. So it not "mild, mild, mild, mild" again?...:|

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 1st, 2020, 3:48 pm

Monk BANzai wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:oh gad oye, Rowley say he going after the "recalcitrant minority" :drinking:

hahah listen i come here just to post hat....hahahahahahaha

rowze.png

Excerpt from Dr. Winston Mahabir

“When the PNM lost the Federal Election in 1958, Eric Williams looked no futher than the Indians for a scapegoat. In a most unfortunate speech he branded them as ‘a hostile and recalcitrant minority.’

“My wife and I arrived late at Woodford Square on the evening of that speech, while he was in the middle of his diatribe. I got an unusually subdued round of applause as I reached the platform to hear Eric Williams reveal something to the effect that he was not speaking about Indians like myself.

“It emerged that there were good Indians like myself and bad Indians like those who voted against the PNM. The speech and the experience were traumatic events in my life. I made my reactions abundantly clear to him that very evening. From that night onwards I never realy felt comfortable with Eric Williams. I felt USED, COMPROMISED, DECIEVED.” (Winston Mahabir, speech at University of California October 16, 1965).

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » April 1st, 2020, 3:50 pm

pugboy wrote:what is the ratio of m/f for the entire group of positive folks though ?
and well we not sure bout ian

In terms of Covid-19 status or if m/f?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 1st, 2020, 3:51 pm

the folks presently in quarantine couva,caura etc

DTAC wrote:
pugboy wrote:what is the ratio of m/f for the entire group of positive folks though ?
and well we not sure bout ian

In terms of Covid-19 status or if m/f?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 1st, 2020, 3:52 pm

any footage of that stupud lady and her mild statements ?

hydroep wrote:The bald-headed man who talking say we at war and COVID-19 is a death sentence upon the world. So it not "mild, mild, mild, mild" again?...:|

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » April 1st, 2020, 3:52 pm

MaxPower wrote:
This virus loves the Trinidadian mentality.

That is the main thing right there.

All them big CDC and WHO studying to say how people over X years old , or people with diabetes/cancer/ underlying conditions are at higher risk, but they keep (intentionally?) forgetting the highest risk groups - people with the Trinidadian mentality.

Trinis that ONLY have a Trini passport/birth paper/ID (and NOT the mentality) are at reduced risk.
You would find those in their homes doing something constructive or even just relaxing, but in their homes.

They should rename the virus to "TRINI-19"

Coppershot
Riding on 17's

Postby Coppershot » April 1st, 2020, 4:01 pm

Jump to 6:10..for the ppl that hard headed

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » April 1st, 2020, 4:27 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 90 cases, 4 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 1st, 2020, 4:41 pm

Gary threatens total shutdown which includes Banks and Ssupermarkets

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/g ... ium=social

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 1st, 2020, 4:47 pm

Hello ED,

Your PM made it clear today at the press conference that Gary cannot shut down the banks.

Comments?

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » April 1st, 2020, 4:51 pm

Here you go....

Careful eh it have a man in here like he inside that and playing white knight... he go pull a sword for yuh

pugboy wrote:any footage of that stupud lady and her mild statements ?

hydroep wrote:The bald-headed man who talking say we at war and COVID-19 is a death sentence upon the world. So it not "mild, mild, mild, mild" again?...:|

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 1st, 2020, 5:03 pm

Trinis doing what Trinis do best

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 1st, 2020, 5:06 pm

MaxPower wrote:Hello ED,

Your PM made it clear today at the press conference that Gary cannot shut down the banks.

Comments?

Ok this was a good move on the PM's part because it would only cause yet ANOTHER panic buy.

I do not believe you can shut down banks and supermarkets no matter how bad things get for the simple reason that Trinis love to live for today and not tomorrow. People still need to eat etc but maybe a scare tactic could work shut down supermarkets and everything for 3 days and show them how serious it is then say we giving them one more chance that should sort out these stupid people who refuse to listen.

But shutting down everything is a poor move and not sensible at all, I mean in theory it would be the perfect move eh it would solve our issue but they will need to give people a heads up so they can get groceries and what have you. A shut down for 4 weeks would solve the corona problem but will be a big sacrifice. If Trinis continue what they are doing the government will be forced to do this, the 1% knows full well that such a sacrifice is necessary to get things back on order they wouldn't be against it contrary to what idiots on facebook think when they say 1% won't allow a complete shut down.

The 1% knows the faster we solve this corona the better even if it means a serious sacrifice but with the way Trinis live they might starve to death

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » April 1st, 2020, 5:16 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

Comments?

Ok this was a good move on the PM's part because it would only cause yet ANOTHER panic buy.

I do not believe you can shut down banks and supermarkets no matter how bad things get for the simple reason that Trinis love to live for today and not tomorrow. People still need to eat etc but maybe a scare tactic could work shut down supermarkets and everything for 3 days and show them how serious it is then say we giving them one more chance that should sort out these stupid people who refuse to listen.

But shutting down everything is a poor move and not sensible at all, I mean in theory it would be the perfect move eh it would solve our issue but they will need to give people a heads up so they can get groceries and what have you. A shut down for 4 weeks would solve the corona problem but will be a big sacrifice. If Trinis continue what they are doing the government will be forced to do this, the 1% knows full well that such a sacrifice is necessary to get things back on order they wouldn't be against it contrary to what idiots on facebook think when they say 1% won't allow a complete shut down.

The 1% knows the faster we solve this corona the better even if it means a serious sacrifice but with the way Trinis live they might starve to death
But can he arrest ppl?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 1st, 2020, 5:24 pm

^ They could probably scare people, if Trinis still harden and don't want to listen and say how yuh cah arrest meh da is not the law well push come to shove they can call a state of emergency and is licks in they @ss.

I doubt it will come to this, better to listen to the authority and do what we have to do during this pandemic otherwise SOE coming and people not gonna like that, the video of them giving the vagrant rum to drink and making he do push ups is just a sample of the kind of abuse Trinis will get in the @ss.

Trinis don't realize how serious this situation is and that is the problem we are a doh care God is a Trini culture.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » April 1st, 2020, 5:26 pm

This guy does excellent news on China he has been exposing them for years using evidence, he was the first person to expose WHO Corruption and incompetence. A shame he never got the credit for doing so

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » April 1st, 2020, 5:36 pm

Rowley said nothing today about crowds at banks and groceries. No talk, no actions, just allow the situation to continue as it is.

That is absolutely criminal. And in every sense of the word.

The supermarkets and banks that know what is going on just out their doors and have some responsibility. The solutions are easy enough: more staff inside and outside the bank to handle the situation, assign banking days by last name, give out numbers/tickets at the door, and yes request police support if the crowds get too large for them to manage.

foots
3NE 2NR for life

Postby foots » April 1st, 2020, 5:54 pm

MaxPower wrote:Lol

The TUB girl in the media asking the panel how they doing.

This is no time to pull smalls....

She should have asked non-Dr. Dunce Deyalsingh how he could say they doing well when they doing minimal testing.

She should have asked WHY, even before the stay at home restrictions, why hundreds of citizens with symptoms were denied testings. What impact has this caused to society in the mass uncontrollable irresponsible crowds.

The hospitals would have never been able to handle the volume of people had they done more testings.

Ask that, not giggle questions.

I think that if they did manage to do mass testings, the hospitals weren't going to admit huge amounts of people anyways. Even pre-Covid.....hospitals only admit you if you were sick enough to require hospitalisation in the first place. Otherwise you manage your illness at home/self quarantine.

As it stands now, the public hospitals aren't yet being overwhelmed with legions of folks with severe pneumonia - maybe in a few weeks time. Maybe the contact tracing/social distancing measures are working.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » April 1st, 2020, 6:11 pm

foots wrote:
MaxPower wrote:Lol

The TUB girl in the media asking the panel how they doing.

This is no time to pull smalls....

She should have asked non-Dr. Dunce Deyalsingh how he could say they doing well when they doing minimal testing.

She should have asked WHY, even before the stay at home restrictions, why hundreds of citizens with symptoms were denied testings. What impact has this caused to society in the mass uncontrollable irresponsible crowds.

The hospitals would have never been able to handle the volume of people had they done more testings.

Ask that, not giggle questions.

I think that if they did manage to do mass testings, the hospitals weren't going to admit huge amounts of people anyways. Even pre-Covid.....hospitals only admit you if you were sick enough to require hospitalisation in the first place. Otherwise you manage your illness at home/self quarantine.

As it stands now, the public hospitals aren't yet being overwhelmed with legions of folks with severe pneumonia - maybe in a few weeks time. Maybe the contact tracing/social distancing measures are working.

This is Trinidad, it is extremely unlikely.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » April 1st, 2020, 6:54 pm

As I said a while ago, no country, Trinidad included can afford to completely shutdown. It's economic and social suicide. Businesses still have to run, revenue and cash flow still has to be derived.

Shutting down Trinidad means everything, and I mean everything, stops. Groceries, Banks, Pharmacies, Major Industries in oil gas and petrochemicals to name only a few. The latter companies aside, legally how can you shutdown the country but still mandate a few to work. So now there's legal matters and legal solutions that'll be required. It just bogs down the resources from focusing on the other more urgent matters such as how to deal with the current and emerging situation. Not to mention the mass loss of jobs throughout cause with companies generating no revenue, there's no way to pay overhead expenses which include salaries. And when people don't get paid, then what? Banditing and thieving. In other words, a complete shutdown can quickly lead to social and economic disorder.

We can solve this without a shutdown. It just needs us to cooperate and abide by the rules being imposed right now.
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

Comments?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”