TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID-19” - 87 cases, 3 deaths confirmed in T&T

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 31st, 2020, 9:57 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ You see we need those malaria drugs in Trinidad ASAP, Covid is serious business there is ZERO excuse for the government to not import this drug it is FDA approved they need to get on this ASAP and start prescribing it to patients right now otherwise we will have a lot more deaths.

BTW if I wanted to buy this at the pharmacy could I do so? is it currently available?

The scientists are not yet convinced that it works, clinical trials underway
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... t-covid-19

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 31st, 2020, 9:58 pm

T&T registers 4th COVID death

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/tt-registers-4th-covid-death/

Trinidad and Tobago has registered its fourth death from the COVID-19 virus.

The latest victim is an elderly woman who had previous medical issues.

She passed at the Couva hospital this evening.

The death was confirmed by several sources, including the family of the victim whom Guardian Media communicated with, as well as close friends of the family.

As of late this evening, the 87 people had been tested positive for the virus.

The Ministry of Health will issue another COVID-19 update at 10 pm tonight.

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 9.59.43 PM.jpg

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 31st, 2020, 10:00 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ You see we need those malaria drugs in Trinidad ASAP, Covid is serious business there is ZERO excuse for the government to not import this drug it is FDA approved they need to get on this ASAP and start prescribing it to patients right now otherwise we will have a lot more deaths.

BTW if I wanted to buy this at the pharmacy could I do so? is it currently available?

But what about all the doctors who have used it on patients and the patients recovered after being on death's door?

Come on nah man this has been working for a while now Hydroxychloroquin and chloroquin have been prescribed to lots of patients they recovered and gave their testimony.

No reason at this point to not order ASAP, the only thing I don't get is how a drug developed for MALARIA is so effective against something like COVID 19 what is the scientific explanation for this? what is the link?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 31st, 2020, 10:03 pm

Death #4 confirmed

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 31st, 2020, 10:04 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:

But what about all the doctors who have used it on patients and the patients recovered after being on death's door?

Come on nah man this has been working for a while now Hydroxychloroquin and chloroquin have been prescribed to lots of patients they recovered and gave their testimony.

No reason at this point to not order ASAP, the only thing I don't get is how a drug developed for MALARIA is so effective against something like COVID 19 what is the scientific explanation for this? what is the link?

Did you read the article? if the scientists are not yet confident - who is you tho?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 31st, 2020, 10:07 pm

pugboy wrote:It is still experimental and double blind tests yet to be done but they trying anything they can in these desperate times.
Under normal circumstances approving a drug would never happen so quick.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:FINALLY thank god the FDA has come to their senses

This will save us even if it was originally developed for malaria, it works well in most cases for covid

Allyuh ready to take a malaria drug? at worse you not gonna die besides it is safe even if we wiped out malaria in this region a long time ago

That drug has been approved for many years. Any US doctor can prescribe it currently. The FDA approval means that the US can provide it to emergency treatment centers; which is a good thing in and of itself.

A friend of mine takes it for malaria. He tells me that the biggest user complaint is weight gain.

Edit: I believe this is available over the counter in Trinidad and quite a few other countries.
Last edited by adnj on March 31st, 2020, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 31st, 2020, 10:07 pm

Last edited by K74T on March 31st, 2020, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 31st, 2020, 10:08 pm

T&T registers 4th COVID death

Trinidad and Tobago has registered its fourth death from the COVID-19 virus.

The latest victim is an elderly woman who had previous medical issues.

She passed at the Couva hospital this evening.

The death was confirmed by several sources, including the family of the victim whom Guardian Media communicated with, as well as close friends of the family.

As of late this evening, the 87 people had been tested positive for the virus.

The Ministry of Health will issue another COVID-19 update at 10 pm tonight.

https://www.cnc3.co.tt/tt-registers-4th-covid-death/

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 31st, 2020, 10:08 pm

Desperation may have them convinced.
I can see why but if the Chinese and Indians aren't convinced where many drugs originate then the US may not necessarily be right.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 31st, 2020, 10:08 pm

Based on the latest figures:

T&T mortality rate: 4.6%
WHO average: 4.4%

:|
Last edited by hydroep on March 31st, 2020, 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 31st, 2020, 10:08 pm

I meant as treatment for covid.

adnj wrote:
pugboy wrote:It is still experimental and double blind tests yet to be done but they trying anything they can in these desperate times.

This will save us even if it was originally developed for malaria, it works well in most cases for covid

Allyuh ready to take a malaria drug? at worse you not gonna die besides it is safe even if we wiped out malaria in this region a long time ago

That drug has been approved for many years. Any US doctor can prescribe it currently. The FDA approval means that the US can provide it to emergency treatment centers; which is a good thing in and of itself.

A friend of mine takes it for malaria. He tells me that the biggest user complaint is weight gain.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 31st, 2020, 10:10 pm

Well look on the positive side, not many more of them cruisers should die. The quota reached.

I know the rest of them sweating buckets but stats like this usually don’t vary much.

hydroep wrote:Based on the latest figures:

:)

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 31st, 2020, 10:14 pm

pugboy wrote:I meant as treatment for covid.

adnj wrote:

Sorry that part didn't make it into my post before you replied:

Physicians in the US have been able to prescribe the medication for Covid-19 all along.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 31st, 2020, 10:17 pm

pugboy wrote:Well look on the positive side, not many more of them cruisers should die. The quota reached.

I know the rest of them sweating buckets but stats like this usually don’t vary much.

hydroep wrote:Based on the latest figures:

:)

Nah, you thinking normal distribution. This skewed in that the whole cruise was mostly old people, so they are all high risk.
That means that like Italy's aging population, our reported mortality rate might be significantly higher than the world average - and that's just assuming we have successfully nipped the spread

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 31st, 2020, 10:24 pm

adnj wrote:

Edit: I believe this is available over the counter in Trinidad and quite a few other countries.

Thank you I will check my local pharmacy, I need to get some and keep it before the panic buyers in t his country buy out everything.

BTW your friend who takes this drug is there any other major side effects he or she gets besides weight gain? if COVID 19 killing me I would be willing to put back on some weight in the short term to save my life.
I can only assume your friend visits Africa? I am not aware of malaria in the Caribbean I think it was wiped out a long time ago
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on March 31st, 2020, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » March 31st, 2020, 10:24 pm

Most people who die of this disease would do so within 14-19 days of contracting it.

Main cause is acute respiratory distress syndrome. This occurs when fluid builds up in the lungs after inflammation trigger an immune response to fight off the virus. This immune response is sometimes so extreme that it also kills off healthy lung cells causing fluid build up in the lungs.

This is what is causing the need for supplemental oxygen and ventilation. It is also 40% fatal so anyone who requires ventilation is already fight in a very serious place.

Protect yourselves and your love ones.

computercentral
Trinituner Peong

Postby computercentral » March 31st, 2020, 10:28 pm

I thought all the cases are only mild cases only one person come out so far ..........the frig

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » March 31st, 2020, 10:29 pm

ru$$ell wrote:A family member of mine went into SFGH Sunday due to non corona issue, when said person got discharged today, the doctor strongly advised that they find somewhere and stay ALONE for the next few weeks and don't return to said place of habitat where other people reside

Definitely. She was in a hospital environment so she needs to take all necessary precautions. That's the difference between her and frontline staff such as nurses and doctors. They have no choice but to be there but any hospital whether it's to treat corona or not is basically contamination site.

This goes for everyone as well. Your incubation window can always reset. Say you go out and a random person sneezes or coughs on you and go abt their day then your incubation period restarts due to that possible exposure event. You came into contact with a possible contaminant.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » March 31st, 2020, 10:33 pm

computercentral wrote:I thought all the cases are only mild cases only one person come out so far ..........the frig

Symptoms are mild. This virus licking up ppl in 3 weeks time. Depending on the age of the patients it's also continuously dangerous because it affects their lungs.
Lack of sufficient oxygen would also cause organ failure.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » March 31st, 2020, 10:37 pm

FB_IMG_1585708538685.jpeg

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 31st, 2020, 10:38 pm

I had to go and collect mine in a building on the East side of the Queens Park Savannah... Close to where TSTT office is. You have to take it 2 weeks before during and 2 weeks after your travel for it to be effective against malaria IIRC. Its a relatively cheap drug though... remember in the US it was selling for like USD$4 for a card of 10 when another fella had to top up

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 31st, 2020, 10:40 pm

Gladiator wrote:

I had to go and collect mine in a building on the East side of the Queens Park Savannah... Close to where TSTT office is. You have to take it 2 weeks before during and 2 weeks after your travel for it to be effective against malaria IIRC. Its a relatively cheap drug though... remember in the US it was selling for like USD$4 for a card of 10 when another fella had to top up

Ok thanks, how do you take it for Covid? do you wait until you have breathing problems? get very sick? or do you take it all now to prevent any issues from the get go with Covid?

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » March 31st, 2020, 10:40 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
adnj wrote:

Thank you I will check my local pharmacy, I need to get some and keep it before the panic buyers in t his country buy out everything.

BTW your friend who takes this drug is there any other major side effects he or she gets besides weight gain? if COVID 19 killing me I would be willing to put back on some weight in the short term to save my life.
I can only assume your friend visits Africa? I am not aware of malaria in the Caribbean I think it was wiped out a long time ago

No other side effects that were ever mentioned to me. He hunts in Africa regularly.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 31st, 2020, 10:40 pm

Ed you know some ppl already died from overdosing this malaria drug eh
They were taking it preemptively

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 31st, 2020, 10:43 pm

pugboy wrote:Ed you know some ppl already died from overdosing this malaria drug eh
They were taking it preemptively

Yes I read that, doing some research before I take this drug will also consult a health center doctor on it aswell, but no harm in stocking up on it in case sh!t hits the fan you know. I am hoping to not even have to use this drug I don't want to regain all the weight I lost

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 31st, 2020, 10:44 pm

computercentral wrote:I thought all the cases are only mild cases only one person come out so far ..........the frig

IIRC at the first press conference (the one with the "mild, mild, mild, mild" lady) they said apart from the one patient that was in critical condition the others were stable or showing improvement.

The Government has not released details with respect to the deaths so the country can only assume that the patients who they claimed were "stable" and/or "showing improvement" took a turn for the worst.

Unless the latest fatalities are other cases that deteriorated extremely quickly. Either way, the situation is very concerning...:|

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 31st, 2020, 10:44 pm

adnj wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
adnj wrote:

No other side effects that were ever mentioned to me. He hunts in Africa regularly.

Ok thanks

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 31st, 2020, 10:48 pm

Too soon ED... please don't go and do anything stupid.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... aised-drug

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » March 31st, 2020, 10:50 pm

Leave ED to his own devices if you read his post he already sold without doing any sound research and falling victim to confirmation bias.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 31st, 2020, 10:51 pm

I have no idea dude.... be careful eh boy.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
Gladiator wrote:

Ok thanks, how do you take it for Covid? do you wait until you have breathing problems? get very sick? or do you take it all now to prevent any issues from the get go with Covid?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”