TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

COVID-19 in Trinidad & Tobago (Local Updates & Discussions Only)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 53 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 24th, 2020, 11:51 am

Please send me a link that says 70% alcohol hand sanitizer kills this current t strain of Corona please someone

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » March 24th, 2020, 11:52 am

Brits being airlifted out of T&T

The British High Commission in Trinidad and Tobago is racing to repatriate its citizens who may still be on the islands.

Brits are being told to return to the UK now, while international flights are still available.

British Airways will continue to schedule flights from Piarco International Airport today (Tuesday) and Thursday.

Online re-booking is possible.

BA representatives are also at the Piarco International Airport from 2:30pm today to support re-booking.

On Tuesday, Virgin Atlantic airlines asked all its customers in Tobago to report to the ANR International Airport to rebook on the British Airways flights leaving Piarco today and Friday.

Passengers were told that Caribbean Airlines was still flying the Tobago to Trinidad route, and they could use CAL to get to the Piarco International Airport for their flight home to the UK.

In a video message on Sunday, British High Commissioner Tim Stew told British nationals in Trinidad and Tobago “we are in rather unprecedented times. Things are changing swiftly, day by day…”.

He said that the T&T government had agreed to repatriation flights for British nationals wishing to leave, in spite of the ban on international flight that came until effect at midnight Sunday, with the understanding that the flight crew would not disembark.

Stew and his team at the High Commission will not be leaving.

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/brits-being-airlifted-out-of-t-t/article_b8b57c0e-6dda-11ea-8dfa-0bacb791a344.html

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19” - 52 cases confirmed in T&T

Postby carluva » March 24th, 2020, 11:52 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
maj. tom wrote:I know he saying stay at home, but I want to pass grocery on Thursday or Friday for a few essential items. I hope this activity can be allowed. I have read that handling cash is a big no-no now, and Toronto has mostly stopped direct cash transactions.

better you go today or tomorrow
most government workers getting paid thursday and will be hitting the groceries thursday/friday/saturday

^^^ this is good advice. Do your shopping now while you can because when you go out later in the week, you'll likely face crowds of people who just got paid.

Also a few (anal) tips for when you go out, based on what I do.

Walk with a few pairs of latex/nitrile gloves. You cannot be too sure of the hygiene on trolleys, baskets and shelf items.

Keep your credit card/bank card in pocket so you don't cross contaminate your wallet while tryna get your card out to pay.

Keep hand sanitiser in pocket so you can use if needed.

Do not walk with any adornments (rings, bracelets, watch, etc.) to prevent possible cross contamination.

Use hands only on trolley. Don't lean or rest your forearms on the trolley.

Make your list on paper at home and use this instead of your phone. This will avoid cross contamination of your phone. This list can then be discarded. On that note, avoid using your phone altogether until your hands are clean. Do not use your phone while in the grocery.

If really necessary, take a rag, an empty bucket and a bottle with some bleach solution. This can be used to wipe down the trolley (in the case of Pricesmart where trolleys are all over). The bucket is to prevent leakage from your bottle and to keep your wet rag as well as to keep your discarded gloves to dump at home if a bin is not accessible (Don't do like some nasty people who simply leave their gloves on the ground).

Practice social distancing while shopping. Use your trolley as a barrier and a buffer. I have found that generally Trinis are unfriendly, so if someone is encroaching your space, instead of politely asking them to step back and risk getting a "wrong and strong" response, fake a spaz out and start to cough real haggardly. This works like a charm. You may get a "wrong and strong" comment, but you can give an equally wrong and strong reply like "Who tell you to stand so close to me???"

When your items are packed in the car, you can go back and wash your hands. Be prepared though that some bathroom doors require you to pull from the inside to be able to leave and they have no paper towels. So walk with a few paper towels or napkins in your pocket to use to open the door once your hands are clean. Use hand sanitiser as added precaution after exiting bathroom and definitely before entering your car. Keep a clean rag with you to wipe your hands, in case.

When you reach home keep all items in your pocket then, put back on your gloves, and wipe down everything you bought with that bleach and water solution before packing them inside. (Don't bother with Lysol. Keep that for when you really in a bind.) Better to wipe down each item outside so you don't contaminate inside your clean house. Fruit and veges can be washed outside and doused with a vinegar and water solution as an added measure.

When all items are clean, put them inside to pack or get someone to help you pack. Then discard all the grocery bags and the plastic packaging for some bulk items (e.g. toilet paper, paper towels etc.). Wipe down the area where you unpacked the items outside. Discard the gloves. Wash hands outside. Make your way inside, wash hands again if needed. Remove items from your pocket. Put the credit card/bank card in a safe location that it cannot cross contaminate,or wipe down with a lil Lysol. Do not put back in your wallet just yet. Wash hands once more, and then go take a bathe and put on clean clothes.

Then you are done the shopping ritual until another time.

Now you see why I hate to go out....

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » March 24th, 2020, 11:53 am

Prediction 200 + cases by this time next week , April - May is when the real covid winter will start. They need to shut down this country asap .

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 24th, 2020, 11:54 am

Once again...

And again and again..

The highlight of this press conference is the continued irresponsibility of Trinidadians.

Allyuh disgusting yes.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 24th, 2020, 11:55 am

How many times Deyalsingh say to stay home in the last few days???

FordeG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FordeG » March 24th, 2020, 11:56 am

:evilbat:
Dizzy28 wrote:Stewie buss down Jagdish Pramsook!!

Who? Explain

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 24th, 2020, 11:58 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Please send me a link that says 70% alcohol hand sanitizer kills this current t strain of Corona please someone

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ction.html

https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus#tab=tab_2

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 24th, 2020, 12:00 pm

ED tell him to soak his tolee in a Styrofoam cup of pure puncheon rum for half an hour and see if it still alive.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 24th, 2020, 12:00 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:Tuners I need ur help asap am in work and trying to reason with a man who thinks the earth is flat. He says he will not believe that hand sanitizers work against killing this current case of corona virus unless he sees proof that someone tested it

So can u all provide a scientific link that proves alcohol based rubs kill this specific corona?

Please fcking help me someone I cant handle the dotishness

You working with some real cocolix boy!

Tell your boss, your HSSE rep or call OSHA chief inspector on the people nah man.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 24th, 2020, 12:03 pm

carluva wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:
maj. tom wrote:I know he saying stay at home, but I want to pass grocery on Thursday or Friday for a few essential items. I hope this activity can be allowed. I have read that handling cash is a big no-no now, and Toronto has mostly stopped direct cash transactions.

most government workers getting paid thursday and will be hitting the groceries thursday/friday/saturday

^^^ this is good advice. Do your shopping now while you can because when you go out later in the week, you'll likely face crowds of people who just got paid.

Walk with a few pairs of latex/nitrile gloves. You cannot be too sure of the hygiene on trolleys, baskets and shelf items.

Keep your credit card/bank card in pocket so you don't cross contaminate your wallet while tryna get your card out to pay.

Do not walk with any adornments (rings, bracelets, watch, etc.) to prevent possible cross contamination.

Make your list on paper at home and use this instead of your phone. This will avoid cross contamination of your phone. This list can then be discarded. On that note, avoid using your phone altogether until your hands are clean. Do not use your phone while in the grocery.

If really necessary, take a rag, an empty bucket and a bottle with some bleach solution. This can be used to wipe down the trolley (in the case of Pricesmart where trolleys are all over). The bucket is to prevent leakage from your bottle and to keep your wet rag as well as to keep your discarded gloves to dump at home if a bin is not accessible (Don't do like some nasty people who simply leave their gloves on the ground).

Practice social distancing while shopping. Use your trolley as a barrier and a buffer. I have found that generally Trinis are unfriendly, so if someone is encroaching your space, instead of politely asking them to step back and risk getting a "wrong and strong" response, fake a spaz out and start to cough real haggardly. This works like a charm. You may get a "wrong and strong" comment, but you can give an equally wrong and strong reply like "Who tell you to stand so close to me???"

When your items are packed in the car, you can go back and wash your hands. Be prepared though that some bathroom doors require you to pull from the inside to be able to leave and they have no paper towels. So walk with a few paper towels or napkins in your pocket to use to open the door once your hands are clean. Use hand sanitiser as added precaution after exiting bathroom and definitely before entering your car. Keep a clean rag with you to wipe your hands, in case.

When you reach home keep all items in your pocket then, put back on your gloves, and wipe down everything you bought with that bleach and water solution before packing them inside. (Don't bother with Lysol. Keep that for when you really in a bind.) Better to wipe down each item outside so you don't contaminate inside your clean house. Fruit and veges can be washed outside and doused with a vinegar and water solution as an added measure.

When all items are clean, put them inside to pack or get someone to help you pack. Then discard all the grocery bags and the plastic packaging for some bulk items (e.g. toilet paper, paper towels etc.). Wipe down the area where you unpacked the items outside. Discard the gloves. Wash hands outside. Make your way inside, wash hands again if needed. Remove items from your pocket. Put the credit card/bank card in a safe location that it cannot cross contaminate,or wipe down with a lil Lysol. Do not put back in your wallet just yet. Wash hands once more, and then go take a bathe and put on clean clothes.

A very detailed and informative simple grocery run.

It takes a determined effort to complete all of these steps.....only a few of us take these preventative measures.

To most Trinis....the typical response and attitude is...”oh gawd all that?”

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » March 24th, 2020, 12:04 pm

So team migrate trying to run back home ? Interesting

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » March 24th, 2020, 12:07 pm

So WTF is the position.... they saying to stay home yet people have to go to work... what are we to do. Why cant they have one common position like other countries and tell everybody to stay home. It cant be they saying to stay home but employers would make decisions to suit on employees.

That just can't work...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 24th, 2020, 12:08 pm

Probably the illegal ones who overstay or scraping by in a basement somewhere. I don't see how or why a legal immigrant citizen of USA/CAN/UK would rush to come back here in this emergency. They would have settled and made their permanent homes there with all the income, tax, banking, transport, etc. structures well ingrained.

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » March 24th, 2020, 12:10 pm

FordeG wrote::evilbat:

Who? Explain

Some fella contact t a news outlet here asking to come home. Apparently he "fogot" to say he ain't stranded in Venezuela He's a Trini but long time Venezuelan resident who has a Venezuelan ID card and when he went to get his Venezuelan passport, he put his resident as Venezuela. Like I said. Covid-19 bun he.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 24th, 2020, 12:14 pm

Gladiator wrote:So WTF is the position.... they saying to stay home yet people have to go to work... what are we to do. Why cant they have one common position like other countries and tell everybody to stay home. It cant be they saying to stay home but employers would make decisions to suit on employees.

That just can't work...

Stay home. If you can work from home. then do so. Else only travel to work unless absolutely necessary.

Your employer should make provisions and accommodations that allow you to work from home if possible. Have the conversation with your manager or upline and express the urgency. Else, try to contact OSHA as a last resort as employers have the right to a safe workplace, under the OSH act. I am not sure if this would work or is applicable in this instance (don't see why it won't be) but it is worth a shot if things really bad.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » March 24th, 2020, 12:21 pm

This is Charlotte Street this morning

44F2F775-6A49-4FD1-A09D-AC07515A6292.jpeg

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » March 24th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Anyone wonder where the Minister of Foreign Affairs is at during these press conferences? Majority of these cases are imported and not a word from him or a media release from his ministry. Sad!

demented
Riding on 17's

Postby demented » March 24th, 2020, 12:32 pm

We need something like this before stupid Trinibagonians cause us all to fall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelter_in_place
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stay-at-home_order

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » March 24th, 2020, 12:32 pm

These drivers really fcking dotish out here yes and them men driving container truck and thing eh. Brother man still saying how the only way he going to believe 70% hand sanitizer works is if they take it and put it in a lab and prove it kills this specific strain. He also says he knows hand sanitizer wont work because if it was working it wouldn't have so many people infected

He now say the reason the CDC claim to use hand sanitizer if soap cant be found is because hand sanitizer is so u womt get corona and a stomach flu.

Now he say nobody in the world has taken Corona put it in a lab and proves 70% kills Corona

Ooh for fck sake tuners what the fck to do here now cause he take the hand sanitizer from work and put it in his vehicle and is saying he doing that because co workers stealing it. Omg now we dont have hand sanitizer in work

Guys I just need proof please that 70% alcohol kills this specific strain of corona so I can get him to shut up

So now he stole the hand sanitizer from us
Last edited by EFFECTIC DESIGNS on March 24th, 2020, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 24th, 2020, 12:32 pm

Gladiator wrote:So WTF is the position.... they saying to stay home yet people have to go to work... what are we to do. Why cant they have one common position like other countries and tell everybody to stay home. It cant be they saying to stay home but employers would make decisions to suit on employees.

That just can't work...
:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 24th, 2020, 12:36 pm

DTAC wrote:
FordeG wrote::evilbat:

Who? Explain

Some fella contact t a news outlet here asking to come home. Apparently he "fogot" to say he ain't stranded in Venezuela He's a Trini but long time Venezuelan resident who has a Venezuelan ID card and when he went to get his Venezuelan passport, he put his resident as Venezuela. Like I said. Covid-19 bun he.

like a john oliver strawman set up. one case is alll cases.
*not everybody in lavantee is theif and bandit, doh broad brush we so*

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 24th, 2020, 12:36 pm

MaxPower wrote:
carluva wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:

A very detailed and informative simple grocery run.

It takes a determined effort to complete all of these steps.....only a few of us take these preventative measures.

To most Trinis....the typical response and attitude is...”oh gawd all that?”

and i thought i was being paranoid with wiping down everything and washing hand three 3 times if i have to eat.- is like every time i come back home ah coming out of a Level 4 Biosafety Lab :x

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 24th, 2020, 12:42 pm

Posted from St. Anns hospital
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:These drivers really fcking dotish out here yes and them men driving container truck and thing eh. Brother man still saying how the only way he going to believe 70% hand sanitizer works is if they take it and put it in a lab and prove it kills this specific strain. He also says he knows hand sanitizer wont work because if it was working it wouldn't have so many people infected

He now say the reason the CDC claim to use hand sanitizer if soap cant be found is because hand sanitizer is so u womt get corona and a stomach flu.

Now he say nobody in the world has taken Corona put it in a lab and proves 70% kills Corona

Ooh for fck sake tuners what the fck to do here now cause he take the hand sanitizer from work and put it in his vehicle and is saying he doing that because co workers stealing it. Omg now we dont have hand sanitizer in work

Guys I just need proof please that 70% alcohol kills this specific strain of corona so I can get him to shut up

So now he stole the hand sanitizer the boss

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » March 24th, 2020, 12:43 pm

btw where can i get travel size hand sanitizers? i had bought one a few weeks ago but forgot to check the alcohol content and it doesn't state what it is.

triniterribletim
Sweet on this forum

Postby triniterribletim » March 24th, 2020, 12:45 pm

redmanjp wrote:btw where can i get travel size hand sanitizers? i had bought one a few weeks ago but forgot to check the alcohol content and it doesn't state what it is.

Pennywise had, limited to one per person.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » March 24th, 2020, 12:50 pm

Dem long stories eh.

[X]~Outlaw
Riding on 16's

Postby [X]~Outlaw » March 24th, 2020, 12:51 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:These drivers really fcking dotish out here yes and them men driving container truck and thing eh. Brother man still saying how the only way he going to believe 70% hand sanitizer works is if they take it and put it in a lab and prove it kills this specific strain. He also says he knows hand sanitizer wont work because if it was working it wouldn't have so many people infected

What do we need to do to get you to shut up? :|

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » March 24th, 2020, 1:00 pm

just passed 400k confirmed cases world wide and the Italy France numbers yet to come in, might be ~420k, and possibly 500k by Thur

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 24th, 2020, 1:08 pm

[X]~Outlaw wrote:

What do we need to do to get you to shut up? :|

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”