TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Coronavirus - COVID-19 - 7415 cases, 132 deaths, 338 active, 6945 recovered in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

eKeith
Street 2NR
Posts: 69
Joined: September 29th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - New name "COVID 19"

Postby eKeith » March 12th, 2020, 4:59 pm


eKeith
Street 2NR
Posts: 69
Joined: September 29th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - New name "COVID 19"

Postby eKeith » March 12th, 2020, 5:01 pm

Pure PR. It was determined previously that one can be asymptomatic and infectious.
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Wah ever happen to all the screening at the airport

screwbash
Riding on 18's
Posts: 1606
Joined: April 19th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - New name "COVID 19"

Postby screwbash » March 12th, 2020, 5:02 pm

maj. tom wrote:Because masses of people are stupid herd animals. Can't do anything about it.

business men musbe smiling all the way to the bank. it have stocks so tomorrow yuh go get more on the shelf.

eKeith
Street 2NR
Posts: 69
Joined: September 29th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - New name "COVID 19"

Postby eKeith » March 12th, 2020, 5:07 pm

Ozone sanitization should be used. Well known to be useful for killing viruses including SARS.

"Ozone has unique disinfectant properties. As a gas, it has a penetration capacity that liquids do not possess. In view of the fact that MERS and SARS persist on fomites for up to several days, it is suggested that ozone technology be applied to the decontamination of medical environments...

"In conclusion, a proposal is made that oxygen/ozone systemic therapy - demonstrated to be innocuous to humans and animals - be granted research consideration for MERS and SARS. Such therapeutic approach may then be found useful not only in these specific conditions, but also in future Coronavirus epidemics that are certain to emerge."
http://www.triroc.com/sunnen/topics/sars.html
bluefete wrote:If it did not reach before, it is here for sure now.

CAL contacting persons possibly affected by Guyana COVID-19 victim

Caribbean Airlines is in the process of contacting persons who may have been affected by Guyana’s COVID-19 victim on one of its flights.

CAL says the passenger travelled on March 7th 2020 on BWI 521 from New York to Piarco and BW 526 from Piarco to Guyana where she tested positive for the virus.

The airline says the 13 crew members associated with the flights were placed on self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.

It assures that its aircraft are cleaned daily and, in this instance, additional sanitization processes were used.

https://www.103fm.tt/news/cal-contactin ... 19-victim/

eKeith
Street 2NR
Posts: 69
Joined: September 29th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - New name "COVID 19"

Postby eKeith » March 12th, 2020, 5:08 pm

That was a 2014 research paper
eKeith wrote:Ozone sanitization should be used. Well known to be useful for killing viruses including SARS.

"Ozone has unique disinfectant properties. As a gas, it has a penetration capacity that liquids do not possess. In view of the fact that MERS and SARS persist on fomites for up to several days, it is suggested that ozone technology be applied to the decontamination of medical environments...

"In conclusion, a proposal is made that oxygen/ozone systemic therapy - demonstrated to be innocuous to humans and animals - be granted research consideration for MERS and SARS. Such therapeutic approach may then be found useful not only in these specific conditions, but also in future Coronavirus epidemics that are certain to emerge."
http://www.triroc.com/sunnen/topics/sars.html
bluefete wrote:If it did not reach before, it is here for sure now.

CAL contacting persons possibly affected by Guyana COVID-19 victim

Caribbean Airlines is in the process of contacting persons who may have been affected by Guyana’s COVID-19 victim on one of its flights.

CAL says the passenger travelled on March 7th 2020 on BWI 521 from New York to Piarco and BW 526 from Piarco to Guyana where she tested positive for the virus.

The airline says the 13 crew members associated with the flights were placed on self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.

It assures that its aircraft are cleaned daily and, in this instance, additional sanitization processes were used.

https://www.103fm.tt/news/cal-contactin ... 19-victim/

Phone Surgeon
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14014
Joined: October 11th, 2009, 4:06 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby Phone Surgeon » March 12th, 2020, 5:09 pm

Ive been through the airport about 6 times since christmas.
In early january they started using handheld infrared thermometers.

Up to yesterday only a few immigration officers and customs officials have gloves or masks

16 cycles
punchin NOS
Posts: 4854
Joined: May 10th, 2003, 9:25 am

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby 16 cycles » March 12th, 2020, 5:10 pm

surrounded by water and yet still....smh..

User avatar
aaron17
12 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2279
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby aaron17 » March 12th, 2020, 5:16 pm

Next thing they start panic buying car wax and car products lol.

User avatar
MaxPower
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6234
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby MaxPower » March 12th, 2020, 5:37 pm

Bodi stock unaffected...

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15268
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby sMASH » March 12th, 2020, 5:41 pm

covid lime owah?

User avatar
ScHoolboySoloQ
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 225
Joined: August 13th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - New name

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » March 12th, 2020, 5:44 pm

toyota2nr wrote:
hydroep wrote:
TT suspends cruise ship arrivals
Kalifa Sarah Clyne

Health Minister Terrance Deyalsingh says the Cabinet has decided to suspend the arrival of cruise ships to Trinidad and Tobago.

The decision was made based on the recommendation from an inter ministerial committee led by Chief Medical Officer Roshan Parasram.

The decision will affect 12 cruise ships, 5 in Trinidad and 7 in Tobago.

"This is for the wider good to protect 1.3 million people in TT. This is to protect TT from having imported cases. We are taking every reasonable measure to stop and or delay the importation of cases to this country, Deyalsingh said at a post cabinet press briefing.

He acknowledged that this decision may affect the livelihood of people but said it was necessary to protect the country.


https://newsday.co.tt/2020/03/12/tt-suspends-cruise-ship-arrivals/


Too little too late. People have been asking for this for two months. Damn useless incompetent government.


We had weeks to prepare for this but our government said we are prepared to handle this. Carnival was more important. No systems in place to reduce or even prevent this panic buying that going on in this misinformed, last minute, God is a Trini country

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9078
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby redmanjp » March 12th, 2020, 5:53 pm

T&T gets first case of coronavirus COVID-19
by

Sampson Nanton
1 hour ago
Thu Mar 12 2020


Rishard Khan

Min­is­ter of Health Ter­rance Deyals­ingh has con­firmed the first case of coro­n­avirus COVID-19 in Trinidad and To­ba­go.

The an­nounce­ment was made at a news con­fer­ence at the Min­istry of Health that be­gan at 4.15 pm to­day.



"At 2.45 pm to­day we got con­fir­ma­tion of our first case of coro­n­avirus from CARPHA," Min­is­ter Deyals­ingh said.

He iden­ti­fied the per­son as a 52-year old male who flew in­to the coun­try from Switzer­land on Mon­day. He said the per­son has been in self-iso­la­tion.

The min­is­ter said the per­son con­tact­ed their health­care pro­fes­sion­al on Wednes­day and CARPHA to­day con­tact­ed him and said, "we have our first case of COVID-19."

The min­is­ter said the fam­i­ly is in iso­la­tion and that con­tact trac­ing be­gan on Wednes­day.

"It is a mild case," he said.

The an­nounce­ment came one day af­ter a 52-year-old woman died in Guyana from the virus. St Vin­cent and the Grenadines al­so an­nounced it's first case yes­ter­day and Ja­maica al­so an­nounced its sec­ond case.

As of this morn­ing just over 50 peo­ple were test­ed for coro­n­avirus in T&T.


Ear­li­er to­day, Caribbean Air­lines ad­vised that a pas­sen­ger who trav­eled on March 07, 2020 on BW 521 from John F. Kennedy, In­ter­na­tion­al Air­port, New York to Pi­ar­co In­ter­na­tion­al Air­port, Trinidad in tran­sit (on the same day) to BW 526 from Pi­ar­co In­ter­na­tion­al to Ched­di Ja­gan In­ter­na­tion­al Air­port, Guyana sub­se­quent­ly test­ed pos­i­tive for COVID19 at a pub­lic health fa­cil­i­ty in Guyana.

"Caribbean Air­lines as­sures all stake­hold­ers that the safe­ty, se­cu­ri­ty and good health of its cus­tomers and em­ploy­ees is its high­est pri­or­i­ty and when the in­for­ma­tion on the pas­sen­ger was re­ceived, im­me­di­ate ac­tion was tak­en," the state­ment said.

It added: "In ac­cor­dance with es­tab­lished pro­to­cols the Pub­lic Health Au­thor­i­ties have ad­vised that as a pre­cau­tion, the thir­teen (13) crew mem­bers as­so­ci­at­ed with the flights be placed on self-quar­an­tine for a pe­ri­od of four­teen (14) days. This was done, and the em­ploy­ees will be as­sessed and mon­i­tored by the Pub­lic Health Au­thor­i­ties in keep­ing with the di­rec­tives from the Min­istry of Health."

The air­line said that Pub­lic Health Au­thor­i­ties are al­so con­tact­ing all per­sons who may pos­si­bly have been af­fect­ed.

It said the com­pa­ny’s air­craft are cleaned dai­ly at all ports in keep­ing with in­dus­try stan­dards.

CAL said that fur­ther, in this in­stance ad­di­tion­al san­i­ti­za­tion process­es were used as out­lined by the reg­u­la­to­ry au­thor­i­ties.

A laboratory technician prepares COVID-19 patient samples for semi-automatic testing at Northwell Health Labs, Wednesday, March 11, 2020, in Lake Success, N.Y. The US Food and Drug Administration has approved faster testing protocols as the viral outbreak continues to spread worldwide. For most people, the new coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms. For some it can cause more severe illness. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)
A laboratory technician prepares COVID-19 patient samples for semi-automatic testing at Northwell Health Labs, Wednesday, March 11, 2020, in Lake Success, N.Y. The US Food and Drug Administration has approved faster testing protocols as the viral outbreak continues to spread worldwide. For most people, the new coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms. For some it can cause more severe illness. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

John Minchillo

"The air­line re­mains in close con­tact with the Pub­lic Health Au­thor­i­ties and its op­er­a­tions team has ac­ti­vat­ed con­tin­gen­cies for any im­pact on its flights," CAL said, adding, "Caribbean Air­lines as­sures all stake­hold­ers that it con­tin­ues to ac­tive­ly mon­i­tor and re­spond to the evolv­ing COVID 19 is­sue to en­sure the safe­ty and good health of its cus­tomers and em­ploy­ees."

The glob­al death toll from COVID-19 ex­ceeds 4,600.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 8316
Joined: November 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm
Location: POS

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby bluefete » March 12th, 2020, 5:56 pm

4 Litres of hand sanitizer for $220.00 - Diego Martin

Dohplaydat
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1530
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - New name

Postby Dohplaydat » March 12th, 2020, 5:58 pm

ScHoolboySoloQ wrote:
toyota2nr wrote:
hydroep wrote:
TT suspends cruise ship arrivals
Kalifa Sarah Clyne

Health Minister Terrance Deyalsingh says the Cabinet has decided to suspend the arrival of cruise ships to Trinidad and Tobago.

The decision was made based on the recommendation from an inter ministerial committee led by Chief Medical Officer Roshan Parasram.

The decision will affect 12 cruise ships, 5 in Trinidad and 7 in Tobago.

"This is for the wider good to protect 1.3 million people in TT. This is to protect TT from having imported cases. We are taking every reasonable measure to stop and or delay the importation of cases to this country, Deyalsingh said at a post cabinet press briefing.

He acknowledged that this decision may affect the livelihood of people but said it was necessary to protect the country.


https://newsday.co.tt/2020/03/12/tt-suspends-cruise-ship-arrivals/


Too little too late. People have been asking for this for two months. Damn useless incompetent government.


We had weeks to prepare for this but our government said we are prepared to handle this. Carnival was more important. No systems in place to reduce or even prevent this panic buying that going on in this misinformed, last minute, God is a Trini country


Carnival and this was separate issues. It was too soon the cancel Carnival and calls to delay it were nonsensical as predictions clearly showed the impacts would peak from April to the rest of the year.

Preparations should not have been hampered by Carnival.

But anyway, ent we have a big ass hospital to open in Couva? a fully equipped modern place with 230 beds?

K74T
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 18404
Joined: June 7th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby K74T » March 12th, 2020, 6:00 pm

FB_IMG_1584050296388.jpeg

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15268
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby sMASH » March 12th, 2020, 6:04 pm

K74T wrote:FB_IMG_1584050296388.jpeg

hey, it worked for noah and his ark... AYEEEEEEE
Last edited by sMASH on March 12th, 2020, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11299
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby rspann » March 12th, 2020, 6:16 pm

I had Corona Virus since 1972
corona.jpg
corona.jpg (13.37 KiB) Viewed 1628 times


Seriously , these people not afraid to be in these crowds shopping?

User avatar
Miktay
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2030
Joined: July 30th, 2013, 1:13 am

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby Miktay » March 12th, 2020, 6:40 pm

Thiz will hit the subcontinent hard...

India’s first COVID-19 death confirmed in Karnataka; total number of cases cross 70

Fresh cases in Maharashtra, Delhi, Ladakh, A.P., U.P., MEA advises BCCI against IPL
Health officials in Karnataka reported the country’s first COVID-19 death late on March 12 after samples of a 76-year-old man, who was a suspected COVID-19 patient and passed away on March 10 night, tested positive for the disease. The patient from Kalaburgi also had co-morbidities such as asthma, hypertension and diabetes.
He had returned from Saudi Arabia on February 29. According to reports, he fell ill soon after and was admitted to a private hospital and later shifted to the Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS). His throat swab was sent to check for COVID-19 infection.

https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/healt ... 053153.ece

User avatar
sMASH
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 15268
Joined: January 11th, 2005, 4:30 am

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby sMASH » March 12th, 2020, 6:47 pm

Miktay wrote:Thiz will hit the subcontinent hard...

India’s first COVID-19 death confirmed in Karnataka; total number of cases cross 70

Fresh cases in Maharashtra, Delhi, Ladakh, A.P., U.P., MEA advises BCCI against IPL
Health officials in Karnataka reported the country’s first COVID-19 death late on March 12 after samples of a 76-year-old man, who was a suspected COVID-19 patient and passed away on March 10 night, tested positive for the disease. The patient from Kalaburgi also had co-morbidities such as asthma, hypertension and diabetes.
He had returned from Saudi Arabia on February 29. According to reports, he fell ill soon after and was admitted to a private hospital and later shifted to the Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences (GIMS). His throat swab was sent to check for COVID-19 infection.

https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/healt ... 053153.ece

if ur immune system isnt spartan, india is the worst place to be. very dense population, poor hygiene, and an inability to socially repsond in a timely manner to prevent spread.
they too damn greedy and dotish to social isolate.

User avatar
MaxPower
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA
Posts: 6234
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby MaxPower » March 12th, 2020, 7:00 pm

rspann wrote:Seriously , these people not afraid to be in these crowds shopping?


Clearly not.

Can you imagine the germs.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11299
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby rspann » March 12th, 2020, 7:05 pm

Maria Regina school closed because the man daughter attends there

ftitan
Street 2NR
Posts: 33
Joined: October 6th, 2018, 11:02 am

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby ftitan » March 12th, 2020, 7:11 pm

This is exactly why I wait for Ash Wednesday to buy boxes of masks and other supplies. Everyone was stale drunk and people like to panic last minute.
Pennywise and pricesmart everywhere is a mess.

Dohplaydat
Riding on 17's
Posts: 1530
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby Dohplaydat » March 12th, 2020, 7:21 pm

Y'all need to relax, u will get it eventually, just he mindful of spreading it to those as risk.

Only way to stop a pandemic is a complete shut down and quanretine. That isn't possible at all. So go out, live your life, don't panic and keep good hygiene.

User avatar
V2NR 3.0
punchin NOS
Posts: 3234
Joined: February 6th, 2006, 11:10 am
Location: San Juan

Re: Novel Coronavirus - New name "COVID 19"

Postby V2NR 3.0 » March 12th, 2020, 7:23 pm

FrankChag wrote:
V2NR 3.0 wrote:I am trying to find the emergency numbers that the Ministry of Health has put out. Can anyone send them here ?


Someone sent this in a wh grp. Cannot confirm but hope its correct.

Thank you for responding. I saw a number on a pink background.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9078
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby redmanjp » March 12th, 2020, 7:49 pm

Italy recorded almost 200 deaths...not cases...DEATHS in 1 day :shock:
Last edited by redmanjp on March 12th, 2020, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gem_in_i
Shifting into 6th
Posts: 2099
Joined: June 13th, 2008, 12:57 pm
Location: South

Re: Novel Coronavirus - New name "COVID 19"

Postby Gem_in_i » March 12th, 2020, 7:51 pm

8E50FECB-5008-4403-AFB4-F755164569F3.jpeg
Last edited by Gem_in_i on March 12th, 2020, 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11299
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby rspann » March 12th, 2020, 7:54 pm

redmanjp wrote:Italy recorded almost 200 deaths...not cases...DEATHS in 1 day :shock:


What are the odds of Trinidad getting it so bad?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11299
Joined: June 25th, 2010, 10:23 pm
Location: Trinituner 24/7

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby rspann » March 12th, 2020, 7:56 pm

People rushing pricemart , taking risks in the crowd while the smaller groceries have no crowd and you getting everything without restrictions.

Gladiator
punchin NOS
Posts: 2721
Joined: April 20th, 2006, 9:43 am

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby Gladiator » March 12th, 2020, 7:57 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:Y'all need to relax, u will get it eventually, just he mindful of spreading it to those as risk.

Only way to stop a pandemic is a complete shut down and quanretine. That isn't possible at all. So go out, live your life, don't panic and keep good hygiene.


You sound almost as dotish as Deyalsingh

pugboy
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14839
Joined: September 6th, 2003, 6:18 pm

Re: Novel Coronavirus - “COVID 19”

Postby pugboy » March 12th, 2020, 8:02 pm

I now drive thru St James and the pavement vendors have the plain toilet paper normal.
Chinese groceries normal crowd, tru valu ram

rspann wrote:People rushing pricemart , taking risks in the crowd while the smaller groceries have no crowd and you getting everything without restrictions.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: D.S.S, Dizzy28, teems1 and 157 guests