TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Post your FLOOD pics, locations, updates etc etc CHED!!!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: Post your FLOOD pics, locations, updates etc etc CHED!!!

Postby pugboy » December 15th, 2019, 8:45 am

stu little find he boots yet ?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 15th, 2019, 9:05 am

nervewrecker wrote:Well you see, I had pulled up and chat with an old lady from in the area. Don't wanna sound like I taking sides but she said that's what you get when you build in lagoon. Social media uses it for political points and like if they doing something. She said this area always floods and worst than this. She said all up the road even the ground is under water. Years upon years it has been flooding and only with the rise of social media people aware of what is taking place.
Me, I cannot dispute or agree as I maybe 1/3 her age. Just saying what I was told.
Rovin wrote:lemme be d 1 to say it & i know i will sound like our 2 favorites pro peenmites on tuner:

this is unc diehard heartland though , this shuda never be allowed to happen to ppl in this penal area

i sure this suddenly eh happen jesso foss time , when unc was power they shud have looked after their own ppl who loyally supporting them for decades

this is not nice that ppl , their stuff & animals hadda be soaking in dutty water for days & hoping\praying more rain doh fall & sun come out to dry up d water , i doh even want to imagine what going on with ppl toilets & where d sewage going

they does be quick to go sweeten up other ppl areas who doh vote unc but ur own ppl u taking them for granted ..... like we all forget local election was jes last wk monday

How long those areas under UNC grip?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 15th, 2019, 9:06 am

Yes it’s a stupid question.

It’s as stupid as when people ask the same of POS, and other safe PNM seats.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » December 15th, 2019, 9:21 am

Still a false equivalency as PNM has had control of the treasury for 40 years and such had control of real change.

Controlling South forever but bring starved of funds or inclusion in infrastructure programmes can't be the same.

But that's not how it is. We all know PNM was fair and equitable in resource allocation over the years.
Redman wrote:Yes it’s a stupid question.

It’s as stupid as when people ask the same of POS, and other safe PNM seats.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 15th, 2019, 9:40 am

Sure....but what now?

I disagree with the equivalencies being false.

The equivalencies extend to the lack of choice, and lack of accountability.....so the question blames the people( the electorate) that have no choice but the PNM or the UNC.
Implying alternatives that don’t exist.

Both have been proven to be less than worthy .....based on their very own track record.

Here we are....going into yet another GE....with the choice boiling down to 2 parties.
And no alternatives in sight.

How many UNC supporters would accept a well run TNT under the PNM?
I bet the equivalent to the PNM supporters accepting and well run TNT under the UNC.?

What’s the likelihood of a well run TnT?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » December 15th, 2019, 10:00 am

Redman wrote:Sure....but what now?

I disagree with the equivalencies being false.

The equivalencies extend to the lack of choice, and lack of accountability.....so the question blames the people( the electorate) that have no choice but the PNM or the UNC.
Implying alternatives that don’t exist.

Both have been proven to be less than worthy .....based on their very own track record.

Here we are....going into yet another GE....with the choice boiling down to 2 parties.
And no alternatives in sight.

What’s the likelihood of a well run TnT?

Never happen, both current parties have nothing but selfish personal agendas.... and power trips... none of them really have any true interest in the future of this country...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 15th, 2019, 10:44 am

maj. tom wrote:That woman's racism is as deep as a mental illness yes. I thought disgusting racism like that only existed in USA in the 1960s in Montgomery or Selma, Alabama. How could someone be that level of racist in a little place like Trinidad? What a terrible world she has created for herself and the people around her. :| I must be real naive about this, or just never experienced it because I don't associate with people of that kind of hatred.
Now you are beginning to understand

These PNM folk that make these racist statements are not even real trinis , they are offsprings from small islanders.

They learn from their leaders like Impsbert and Jenny primeass who when on racist rant about folk that sells pumpkin, bhaji and polourie.
Last edited by zoom rader on December 15th, 2019, 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

fatboy slim
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby fatboy slim » December 15th, 2019, 10:45 am

pugboy wrote:stu little find he boots yet ?

:drinking: nope. the boots all the way up his arse. :drinking:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 15th, 2019, 11:45 am

very good point,

a first generation political supporter usually thankful for whatever reason will support the party which they think helped their situation
eg the first small islanders who get to stay, venes who get thru with papers, 1% who made it big under pnm initially in 70s

it is the subsequent generations where the ignorance and stupidity magnifies and just get worser and worser
the politicians like that as they are truly blind sheep easily led as they please

zoom rader wrote:
maj. tom wrote:That woman's racism is as deep as a mental illness yes. I thought disgusting racism like that only existed in USA in the 1960s in Montgomery or Selma, Alabama. How could someone be that level of racist in a little place like Trinidad? What a terrible world she has created for herself and the people around her. :| I must be real naive about this, or just never experienced it because I don't associate with people of that kind of hatred.
Now you are beginning to understand

These PNM folk that make these racist statements are not even real trinis , they are offsprings from small islanders.

They learn from their leaders like Impsbert and Jenny primeass who when on racist rant about folk that sells pumpkin, bhaji and polourie.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 15th, 2019, 1:06 pm

Redman wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:Well you see, I had pulled up and chat with an old lady from in the area. Don't wanna sound like I taking sides but she said that's what you get when you build in lagoon. Social media uses it for political points and like if they doing something. She said this area always floods and worst than this. She said all up the road even the ground is under water. Years upon years it has been flooding and only with the rise of social media people aware of what is taking place.
Me, I cannot dispute or agree as I maybe 1/3 her age. Just saying what I was told.
Rovin wrote:lemme be d 1 to say it & i know i will sound like our 2 favorites pro peenmites on tuner:

this is unc diehard heartland though , this shuda never be allowed to happen to ppl in this penal area

i sure this suddenly eh happen jesso foss time , when unc was power they shud have looked after their own ppl who loyally supporting them for decades

this is not nice that ppl , their stuff & animals hadda be soaking in dutty water for days & hoping\praying more rain doh fall & sun come out to dry up d water , i doh even want to imagine what going on with ppl toilets & where d sewage going

they does be quick to go sweeten up other ppl areas who doh vote unc but ur own ppl u taking them for granted ..... like we all forget local election was jes last wk monday

I don't understand what you trying to say.
What does politics have to do with the fact that it floods?
Rowley and Manning does send water while Kamla and Panday does nothing?
Make your point

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 15th, 2019, 1:24 pm

nervewrecker wrote:
Redman wrote:

I don't understand what you trying to say.
What does politics have to do with the fact that it floods?
Rowley and Manning does send water while Kamla and Panday does nothing?
Make your point

ek4ever
Shifting into 6th

Postby ek4ever » December 15th, 2019, 1:30 pm

When you build in a flood plain what else do you expect? It's called a flood plain for a reason

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 15th, 2019, 2:15 pm

but i t must have some kinda solution to this , u jes cyar do like hinds & say dem alligators living in d murky lagoon & leave it like dat

i not a engineer but it must have some kinda water catchment & pump system cuda been devised to send d extra water into a river or even make a man made river & send it ... even a simple man made lake to store it & use for when dry season hits next mth

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 15th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Rovin wrote:but i t must have some kinda solution to this , u jes cyar do like hinds & say dem alligators living in d murky lagoon & leave it like dat

i not a engineer but it must have some kinda water catchment & pump system cuda been devised to send d extra water into a river or even make a man made river & send it ... even a simple man made lake to store it & use for when dry season hits next mth
See how they do it in Guyana

jl6106
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jl6106 » December 15th, 2019, 3:45 pm

Rovin wrote:but i t must have some kinda solution to this , u jes cyar do like hinds & say dem alligators living in d murky lagoon & leave it like dat

There are solutions. There were already solutions that worked in the 50's that were allowed to deteriorate. Could anyone say if the Arena and Navet dams full now?
The solution is to build a number of dams/reservoirs with the associated piping to either divert to any dam that is below required levels and also to rebuild the water gates and pump stations at the major river mouths and pump the water out. Not hope for no more rain and low tides.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 15th, 2019, 4:09 pm

jl6106 wrote:

There are solutions. There were already solutions that worked in the 50's that were allowed to deteriorate. Could anyone say if the Arena and Navet dams full now?
The solution is to build a number of dams/reservoirs with the associated piping to either divert to any dam that is below required levels and also to rebuild the water gates and pump stations at the major river mouths and pump the water out. Not hope for no more rain and low tides.
I guess the goverment to proud ask Guyana how they manage their flooding problems.

Guyana been managing floods for 100 years now.

one eye
3NE 2NR for life

Postby one eye » December 15th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Again, what areas were flooded? UNC constituencies.

Which area was flooded last time? Bamboo village. What is that? A UNC constituency!

This is what i pointed out the last time I got banned. Why didn't kamla see about her own people when she was the PM?

PNM time now! go and hide in the box drains, kamla built for you!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 15th, 2019, 5:27 pm

one eye wrote:Again, what areas were flooded? UNC constituencies.

Which area was flooded last time? Bamboo village. What is that? A UNC constituency!

This is what i pointed out the last time I got banned. Why didn't kamla see about her own people when she was the PM?

PNM time now! go and hide in the box drains, kamla built for you!
Kamala was the prime minister of Trinidad and Tobago she was not the UNC prime minster.

She did her job looking after all TT citizens of all parties

Right now we have a PNM prime minister only.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 15th, 2019, 7:06 pm

So greenvale get more pumps....and not one mc for south

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » December 15th, 2019, 7:07 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:So greenvale get more pumps....and not one mc for south
We have a PNM prime minister and a prime Minster for TT

I hope folk are learning

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 15th, 2019, 7:11 pm

jl6106 wrote:

What's the elevation of these dams in relation to woodland?

Also, if flooding is an issue due to runoff why people still backfilling? And literally in the lagoon too.

I am not pnm or affiliated with any party but I pass there regular and see it. And the ones backfilling backfilling higher than the folks that already there so is them ass to ketch.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 15th, 2019, 11:57 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:So greenvale get more pumps....and not one mc for south

greenvale residents can actually sue the govt.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 16th, 2019, 10:14 am

I live in the area of the Tulsa Tr Picnic site where the pumps and flood gates are. I was told that when the flood water started to rise the person stationed there abandoned his post. So no one was there to start the pumps and manage the gates. Sometimes when it floods in the areas it is the residents who go to open/close the gates

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » December 16th, 2019, 11:05 am

Musical Doc wrote:I live in the area of the Tulsa Tr Picnic site where the pumps and flood gates are. I was told that when the flood water started to rise the person stationed there abandoned his post. So no one was there to start the pumps and manage the gates. Sometimes when it floods in the areas it is the residents who go to open/close the gates

u talking about flood gate, that get blocked off for the army base or sumting decades ago?

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 16th, 2019, 1:11 pm

sMASH wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:I live in the area of the Tulsa Tr Picnic site where the pumps and flood gates are. I was told that when the flood water started to rise the person stationed there abandoned his post. So no one was there to start the pumps and manage the gates. Sometimes when it floods in the areas it is the residents who go to open/close the gates

u talking about flood gate, that get blocked off for the army base or sumting decades ago?

No there is no army base in the area as far as I know. These flood gates are manual gates that are fully functional. There is usually a watchman stationed there on a shift basis to open/close the gates when necessary and start the pump

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » December 16th, 2019, 9:49 pm

This Nasty Stinking PNM .....

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » December 17th, 2019, 1:12 am

Gladiator wrote:This Nasty Stinking PNM .....

This is real? The speaker’s response?

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » December 17th, 2019, 5:29 am

matix wrote:
Gladiator wrote:This Nasty Stinking PNM .....

This is real? The speaker’s response?

yes

https://newsday.co.tt/2019/12/17/newall ... ster-zone/

CUMUTO/MANZANILLA MP Christine Newallo-Hosein has sought to bring a definite matter of urgent public importance to have Penal/Debe and other areas severely affected by recent catastrophic flooding as disaster zones.

She brought the motion at Monday's sitting of the House and included the need for Government to expeditiously implement disaster relief and compensation to those affected.

"The matter is definite as thousands of residents have been marooned for days including the elderly and the infirm as well as pregnant women. The matter is urgent as citizens' homes have suffered water and flood damage and business owners and farmers have suffered irreplaceable damage to their livestock and property. The matter is of public importance given the size of the affected area and the thousands of citizens who are now of severe risk of the public health and environmental hazards in the immediate aftermath of this disaster."

House Speaker Bridgid Annisette-George said she was not satisfied the matter qualified under the standing order.

St Augustine MP Prakash Ramadhar in his contribution to the Administration of Justice (Indictable Proceedings) (Amendment) Bill said as the bill had flooded the House with amendments "while my friends from the South were flooded out."

He added: "But I didn't believe it for a time because I didn't hear anything from the Government to accept even the acknowledgement of flooding in South."

He congratulated Newallo-Hosein for raising the matter.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » December 17th, 2019, 7:06 am

literally like paying the referee to make calls in your favor..../speakers of house

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » December 17th, 2019, 7:13 am

nervewrecker wrote:
jl6106 wrote:

What's the elevation of these dams in relation to woodland?

Also, if flooding is an issue due to runoff why people still backfilling? And literally in the lagoon too.

I am not pnm or affiliated with any party but I pass there regular and see it. And the ones backfilling backfilling higher than the folks that already there so is them ass to ketch.

Is there any research on the area,on why this is actually happening?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”