TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

"Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VII
punchin NOS

Re: "Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby VII » October 10th, 2020, 3:35 pm

Namalco owner claimed that after DUI charge,that one was fishy .

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 10th, 2020, 10:26 pm

^ based on what has been going on lately i tend to believe the suspect rather than the TTPS. Still time will tell who is in the right and who was in the wrong. It is telling though that this happened in july and 3 months later nothing. Aren't DUIs supposed to be open and shut cases?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 12th, 2020, 5:40 pm

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/s ... 266cd.html

For those who interested in participating the survey starts from this wednesday

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » October 16th, 2020, 12:37 pm

this is a direct attack on Griffith from Rowley
“I can tell you as head of the national security council, I have not had the simplest of answers in that matter. All I can say to you is that as a member of the national security council, I am disturbed. I am disturbed and because of what it means, pointing to and fingering unacceptable levels of corruption in the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service,” he said.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 16th, 2020, 1:22 pm

Like one of Rowley family and friends get ketch in the Ponzi scheme?

All the time he was good with all the corruption in every avenue, but is only now he look to pull this card? AND he waited until Gary leaving for Ireland today?

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » October 16th, 2020, 1:46 pm

AAaaaanndddd
He's sent on vacation
Totally unrelated to Rowley's attack on him. Totally.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 16th, 2020, 1:54 pm

And The Games Continue: Little bit more info. than the Guardian.

PSC: Griffith on vacation; TTPS: He's on leave for medical check-up (UPDATED)
KEN CHEE HING 27 MINUTES AGO

MINUTES after the Police Service Commission (PSC) announced that Police Commissioner Gary Griffith was proceeding on vacation, the TTPS issued a release stating Griffith is overseas on leave during which time he will undergo a medical check-up.

The PSC in a release on Friday said Griffith proceeded on vacation leave effective Friday October 16 to Sunday November 01. The PSC's announcement came hours after Griffith revealed that he had sanctioned 15 police officers for their role in the $22 million Drugs Sou-Sou (DSS) scandal.

Griffith had initially cancelled his vacation saying both the PSC and National Security Minister Stuart Young had advised against him taking leave at this point in time as he was needed at the helm to deal with several crises including the DSS issue.

After the PSC's press release on Friday, announcing Griffith's vacation, the TTPS issued its own release which stated Griffith will be out of the country until October 31 and that while abroad, he will undergo a medical check-up.

The TTPS release did not specify if Griffith's leave was on medical grounds or vacation. It also did not state what the medical check-up was for.

The announcement of Griffith's absence came after Prime Minister Dr Rowley, at a PNM post-budget meeting declared the DSS scheme to be no sou-sou but rather a "cancer" that if left unchecked can eat away at the soul of the nation.

The Prime Minister also announced that help was being sought by the British and Barbados police to investigate the DSS scandal. In Griffith's absence, Ag Deputy Police Commissioner McDonald Jacob will act as Police Commissioner.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/10/16/psc-co ... -vacation/

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 16th, 2020, 2:34 pm

GG busy before he goes.

Marlon PierreI SUPPORT GARY GRIFFITH
17m ·

16th October, 2020

MEDIA RELEASE

CoP: TTPS is an Independent Agency

Commissioner of Police, Gary Griffith, notes the comments made by certain politicians during the Budget Debate in the House of Representatives on 14th October, 2020, and reminds every one of the independence of the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS).

The Commissioner of Police wishes to advise that the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service performs its own investigations. It has been a well-settled practice that the TTPS would hire external professional entities to assist with complex investigations, especially issues surrounding fraud. This is not an anomaly as even other entities such as the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), have hired external professionals to assist them in the execution of their functions, including well-known forensic investigator, Bob Lindquist.

The TTPS has always been transparent in its dealings with such matters and has on more than one occasion, informed the public of the engagement of the EMM team, i.e. Edmonds Marshall MacMahon. This is a team of UK lawyers and investigators who specialize in investigating serious fraud and fraud-related offences and are, therefore, engaged by the TTPS to assist in particular matters, namely EMBD, LifeSport and now, the DSS matter. The EMM has been contracted to lend their expertise to the TTPS in an advisory role only, and not as prosecutors.

It is the Commissioner’s hope that all law-abiding citizens would welcome such assistance as it would aid the timely investigation and closure of the said matters. This would ensure that suspicion would not linger over individuals for a lengthy period of time and that innocent persons could be promptly vindicated.

The Commissioner of Police further advises that the TTPS receives Government funding, just as all other arms of the State, including the Judiciary, in the ordinary course of administration. He, therefore, assures the public that no investigation of the TTPS can be initiated or influenced by any politician or sitting Government. Consequently, there exists no infringement on the autonomy of the Office of the Commissioner of Police or the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service, which remain committed to discharging their duties to the citizens of Trinidad and Tobago, effectively and efficiently.

Corporate Communications Unit
16th October, 2020
END

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » October 16th, 2020, 4:05 pm

can somebody remind me

has there ever been a time in this country

where people have been this critical of a COP ?

to me - the fixation has always been on the MoNS

But when it comes to Gary Griffith

from day one

a certain category of bloggers and talk radio hosts and wednesday night tv show host

was demanding that GG fix over half a century of mess

overnight.

think about that.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 16th, 2020, 4:10 pm

ttps has been a cesspool of corruption since jesus was a little boy with nobody to answer to and the commissioners usually silent on everything so nobody could question.

gg like to hear himself so that invites everybody to criticize and often quite rightly as ttps is still a corrupt mess in many quarters.

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » October 18th, 2020, 4:27 pm

maybe i young

but with the exception of gibbs the canadian

i think garry griffith is the first commissioner we have

in my life time anyway -

who doesn't sound like he has a learning disability

anybody else feels this way ?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 22nd, 2020, 5:57 pm

Lou Screuz wrote:maybe i young

but with the exception of gibbs the canadian

i think garry griffith is the first commissioner we have

in my life time anyway -

who doesn't sound like he has a learning disability

anybody else feels this way ?

Geeyore only sounds better than his predecessors, he's still the same ineffective, politically beholden useless entity that most of them were.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 23rd, 2020, 10:44 am

thing is a CoP is chosen by whoever ruling party so they have to bat within a certain crease & probably pick n choose who they go after

if yall watched d narcos series it shows how police, govt, politics, "journalists" run ... 1% & politicians are pulling all d strings

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 23rd, 2020, 10:54 am

That's always the excuse for failure though. That another big fish running the scenes. Someone who could do the job would get it done, get fired and raise heat after, but he would do it because he serves the country. I thought Gary was hard hitting like that with all his talks, he done rich so the salary don't mean anything to him. I thought he wanted to clean up the country because his mouth wrote a lot of tickets like that when he was chosen.

It's not so. He just as corrupt and complicit. Same story when he was Minister of National Security. He would have had even more power then to change things than he has now. He IS a politician. He not fighting them down, he IS one of them.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 25th, 2020, 2:00 pm

An 11-month Sunday Express investigation has revealed these licences have been granted despite recommendations against them from officers tasked with probing whether individuals fit the criteria to have a Provisional Licence (PL) or Firearm Users Licence.

Several people who are now holders of legal licences are under active police investigation and currently before the courts charged with criminal offences.

One such instance uncovered during the Sunday Express investigation showed that on November 4, 2019, a recommendation attached to a file was dispatched by the Superintendent of the South-Western Division regarding a 53-year-old businessman.

The recommendation stated, “Commissioner of Police, the applicant is currently under investigation by the Financial Intelligence Unit and the South-Western Division Gang Unit. He was also arrested for trafficking marijuana and cocaine in a Caribbean island. The application is not recommended.”

The bottom line is: All Firearm Users Licences (FULs) are signed off on by Police Commissioner Gary Griffith.

My post above still not making sense?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 25th, 2020, 2:00 pm

^ another development that highlights how corrupt the TTPS is.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 25th, 2020, 2:17 pm

there are many cases where another officer signs the letter with a note “for” the commissioner below

dunno if gg allows that but i know a few persons who have that in past

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » October 25th, 2020, 2:22 pm

When the cop not around they Hacked it for Shaw

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 26th, 2020, 12:08 am

HERE'S THE PROOF

Here’s the proof the Police Commissioner has asked for.

In a media release yesterday, top cop Gary Griffith stated categorically that he never approved Provisional Licences (PL) and Firearm User’s Licences (FUL) to individuals before the courts charged with criminal offences and individuals who are also under current police investigation. This denial contradicts documents in the Express’ possession, however.

An 11-month investigation published in yesterday’s Sunday Express revealed despite strong recommendations from officers tasked with probing whether individuals fitted the criteria to have a PL and FULs, Griffith ignored advice and affixed his signature approving licences to persons under active police investigation and currently before the courts charged with criminal offences.

Sen Supt of the South-Western Division recommends that a businessman not be granted a Provisional Licence (PL) and Firearm User’s Licence (FUL) as the businessman was being under police investigation by the Financial Intelligence Unit and the South Western Division Gang Unit.

Additionally, the Sunday Express investigation, which is supported by documents bearing Griffith’s signature and the TTPS official stamp, also uncovered instances where applicants did not have the prerequisites such as police Certificate of Character-which is issued by the T&T Police Service—but were issued PL and FUL.

One such instance reported by the Sunday Express showed that, on November 4, 2019, a recommendation attached to a file was dispatched by the Superintendent of the South-Western Division regarding a 53-year-old businessman who is currently under police investigation for marijuana and cocaine trafficking and money laundering.

The businessman is currently before the courts charged with the following offences:

1) May 15, 2010—Larceny;

2) November 8, 2019—Possession of ammunition

3) November 8, 2019—Unlawful possession of ammunition

4) November 8, 2019—Possession of a prohibited animal

He was also arrested in Venezuela in connection with cocaine trafficking and subsequently released.

The applications

Documents in the Express’ possession on this case revealed that the businessman has been granted a Provisional Licence to discharge a revolver, shotgun, pistol. This was signed off by Griffith on September 4, 2020, despite a recommendation from the Senior Superintendent, South-Western Division, on November 4, 2019 that the businessman not be granted a PL.

The recommendation stated, “Commissioner of Police, The applicant is currently under investigation by the Financial Intelligence Unit and the South-Western Division Gang Unit. He was also arrested for trafficking marijuana and cocaine in a Caribbean island. The application is not recommended.”

The businessman in question made an application for an FUL on August 10, 2019.

Additionally, in a letter dated October 16, 2019, his 35-year-old Venezuelan wife stated she was aware her husband of two months (at the time of application), “has applied for a firearm and I have no objections in him obtaining a firearm as it would be for our protection”.

The typed one-page letter was signed by an acting corporal and dated October 16, 2019.

In five other separate instances, reports were made to police stations within the Western, Central and Southern Divisions by spouses of businessmen who alleged they were physically assaulted and threatened by their husbands in 2017 and 2018. All five businessmen were granted FULs in 2019, which were signed off by Griffith.

Approval granted: The approved Provisional Licence for the 53-year old businessman who is currently before the courts facing criminal charges and who is also under active police investigation, signed by Commissioner of Police Gary Griffith on September 4, 2020.

The Sunday Express investigation also revealed that several business owners had their FUL applications fast-tracked and these businesses are also donors who have signed on to the I Support Our Service (ISOS) initiative of the TTPS.

The ISOS, which was launched last year, is the brainchild of Griffith and his wife Nicole. It involves businesses pledging support for the TTPS such as giving police officers price discounts on items or providing tangible items to the TTPS.

Source: https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... d7090.html

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 26th, 2020, 1:39 am

Ohhhhhh snap. After he and TTPS light up the woman and say she wrong. In the first comment (in replies) on the link provided the COP himself say that not one person who acquired a FUL have criminal charges. Lol. I waiting to see how this goes

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 4243867265

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » October 26th, 2020, 6:15 am

Penmanship is a lost art...

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 26th, 2020, 8:38 am

wonder if that businessman sent his application thru the dealer in south with pig farm relations

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 26th, 2020, 5:34 pm

16 cycles wrote:Penmanship is a lost art...

The officer asked me for words to use in his write up....

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » October 26th, 2020, 5:35 pm

pugboy wrote:wonder if that businessman sent his application thru the dealer in south with pig farm relations

The one with the 2.6 Benz .?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 26th, 2020, 6:24 pm

wonder how many $50k’s lumpsums it takes to pay got a benz

Redman wrote:
pugboy wrote:wonder if that businessman sent his application thru the dealer in south with pig farm relations

The one with the 2.6 Benz .?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 27th, 2020, 7:03 pm

i now seeing on tv6 d cops raid back d DSS again ....

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 27th, 2020, 7:11 pm

How u mean. DSS trumps shootings, robbery, murder, rape, etc. To be fair all crime should be investigated equally. But idk why DSS getting so much attention when so much pyramid schemes and sou sou schemes already exist in TnT. I waiting to see Organo Gold/Amway to get raided.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 27th, 2020, 7:22 pm

ent, it have other schemes with men buying cayenne like dat

elec2020 wrote:How u mean. DSS trumps shootings, robbery, murder, rape, etc. To be fair all crime should be investigated equally. But idk why DSS getting so much attention when so much pyramid schemes and sou sou schemes already exist in TnT. I waiting to see Organo Gold/Amway to get raided.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » October 27th, 2020, 7:38 pm

The only cayenne i know comes in a little bottle so i can't comment on that one. Wouldn't be surprised if its the vehicle you talking about. TnT have real money and fools who willing to part with it for the promise of quick riches. Where the investigations for those schemes?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”