TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

"Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

pugboy
TunerGod

Re: "Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby pugboy » February 14th, 2021, 1:36 pm

if they have a vid they will release afterwards
to try and implicate any excuses made beforehand
like how they show the man tiefing dss money a couple days later

btw what is latest with that police who stuff the dss money in he clothes ?

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » February 14th, 2021, 5:51 pm

We celebrate when police kill pests admittedly I do too but it’s a dangerous precedent. We will get to the point where police are simply doing the work for other criminals. Hired killers to knock off rivals etc.
I would also hate to be renting cars and get killed by police because my car happened to be involved. Which is how the story is loooking at the moment

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

"Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby MaxPower » February 14th, 2021, 6:24 pm

I have no sympathy for Morris or his family.

He damn well knew he was renting to a KNOWN and seasoned criminal and his own padna was selling him out.

The SORT officers deserve promotions and are national heroes.

Let this be a lesson for all those who want to interfere with these innocent girls.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » February 14th, 2021, 6:48 pm

Maxpower. In the article a mechanic stated that he told morris to rent the car to the kidnappers. The mechanic risked self incrimination and perverting the course of justice if his statements were false. As such it leaves room to believe that maybe... just maybe... morris was not involved and an innocent man maybe... just maybe was killed... sorry.. 'fell off a chair'

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » February 14th, 2021, 6:50 pm

Nah boi max, if the article is correct, Morris doesn't really sound like a pest. A hustler maybe, probably an arse, but sounds like he wasn't involved. Based on the article.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 14th, 2021, 7:45 pm

Hello elec2020/goalpost,

I am respectfully disagreeing with you both as it is not convincing.

Why would the “handcuffed man” make those comments about Morris?

Did Morris know serial rapist Devon Charles aka Rooster teeth personally?

What is his relation with the other two murderers/rapists who are unfortunately alive?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » February 14th, 2021, 7:54 pm

Fair enough. I accept your right to question the validity of the article. What sells it for me is my boy get beaten 45 mintues to the extent that he later died from his injuries and never once changed his story. That he knew nothing. I waiting on the video like others. But i feel trinidad express waiting on ttps to say trinidad express lieing (like they did with the dss money stealing thing) then release the video. It seem like ttps catch on that play though as they unusually silent

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 14th, 2021, 8:05 pm

maybe he knew them from that neighborhood
esp since he was in that car rental business and probably used to rent cars on a day basis to those types of characters

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 15th, 2021, 6:57 pm

Probe Continues Into Deaths Of Suspects While In Police Custody
A call from National Security Minister, Stuart Young, for those with information on the deaths of two men in police custody recently to take it to the authorities.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby Redman » February 16th, 2021, 7:06 am

MaxPower wrote:Hello elec2020/goalpost,

I am respectfully disagreeing with you both as it is not convincing.

Why would the “handcuffed man” make those comments about Morris?

Did Morris know serial rapist Devon Charles aka Rooster teeth personally?

What is his relation with the other two murderers/rapists who are unfortunately alive?

Breds
Them fellas could have been guilty as sin....we as a country cannot sanction TtPS killing suspects as they did.

It satisfying on a base emotional level...the SUSPECTS have the same rights as you or I.

We need a full investigation and yes by foreign investigators into the whole matter...why she was killed, etc.Soup to nuts

Imho this is a election issue .

Keyser Soze
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Re:

Postby Keyser Soze » February 16th, 2021, 11:15 am

Breds
Them fellas could have been guilty as sin....we as a country cannot sanction TtPS killing suspects as they did.

It satisfying on a base emotional level...the SUSPECTS have the same rights as you or I.

We need a full investigation and yes by foreign investigators into the whole matter...why she was killed, etc.Soup to nuts

Imho this is a election issue .

Redman I envy the patience you have to respond to what people can't see because of their emotional blinders or who knows its probably their turn to gargle for an FUL, but I've resolved myself to leave people to see the outcome of this issue if left unaddressed. This is paving a dangerous precedence for EVERY citizen not just the "suspects" if allowed to go unchecked.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » February 16th, 2021, 11:44 am

police killing ppl, police bring gunmen to kill ppl in police jeep, police renting tools to kill ppl, police coming in unmarked and plain clothes to kill ppl, seen em all already in my community, so this was if anything a justified one to meet the ends required.
These so called rental men an dem know exactly who dey renting too and knowingly facilitate criminal movements with their vehicles, whether it could be drugs selling, hoes moving or jus to put down wuk.
is like the scrap iron man dem, when you come with a load of tstt phone line till smoldering cuz yuh bon it out in a back road you feel dem ent taking it? all ah dem is criminal one way or d nex.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » February 16th, 2021, 12:52 pm

in one of the voicenote he say he have "$1000 on the 45"

45 what?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » February 16th, 2021, 1:01 pm

why u think it have pawn shops in east pos

daxt0r wrote:is like the scrap iron man dem, when you come with a load of tstt phone line till smoldering cuz yuh bon it out in a back road you feel dem ent taking it? all ah dem is criminal one way or d nex.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » February 16th, 2021, 1:08 pm

the chair where he fell off done hide already... actually they must have hidden almost every chair anyone can "fall off to their deaths" to. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 16th, 2021, 2:20 pm

I am in full support of the hangman and the chair.

Innocent until proven guilty just doesn’t cut it.

Allyuh telling me a serial rapist with over 70 offenses who hasnt been convicted is still to be referred as a “suspect”?.....steups.

You think a law abiding citizen could just end up in a chair wrongfully and beaten to a pulp? What are the odds? 99.9 % of them who are interrogated are either guilty or put themselves in that position.

The majority of the country is rejoicing regardless of what these criminal protecting lawyers say.

My NO sympathy stance remains the same.

Allyuh too lenient and want everything to be “fair” and being “fair” in many cases prevents many from getting what they deserve.

Nothing aint fair.

I say again, what are the odds of an innocent man being put on the chair? Once you obey the law and be VERY cautious of your surroundings and who you deal with you have nothing to worry about.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » February 16th, 2021, 4:50 pm

Public stonings I say.
MaxPower wrote:I am in full support of the hangman and the chair.

Innocent until proven guilty just doesn’t cut it.

Allyuh telling me a serial rapist with over 70 offenses who hasnt been convicted is still to be referred as a “suspect”?.....steups.

You think a law abiding citizen could just end up in a chair wrongfully and beaten to a pulp? What are the odds? 99.9 % of them who are interrogated are either guilty or put themselves in that position.

The majority of the country is rejoicing regardless of what these criminal protecting lawyers say.

My NO sympathy stance remains the same.

Allyuh too lenient and want everything to be “fair” and being “fair” in many cases prevents many from getting what they deserve.

Nothing aint fair.

I say again, what are the odds of an innocent man being put on the chair? Once you obey the law and be VERY cautious of your surroundings and who you deal with you have nothing to worry about.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » February 16th, 2021, 5:59 pm

The public discourse about how to deal with those amongst us who perpetrate criminal activity which brings harm to peaceful, law abiding citizens has reached a point where violence seems to be an acceptable reaction.
Admittedly, I myself ponder what would be my response to witnessing an event where someone is being threatened with grievous harm, and what runs through my mind is quite troubling.
When a society is pushed to this tipping point the consequences may be tragic and respect for law and order my very well diminish and control lost.
Anger, fear, frustration and a sense of hopelessness must urgently be replaced with assurances of safety and protection or the possibilities of vigilante justice may find greater viability.
We are in a very delicate place at this time.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » February 16th, 2021, 6:48 pm

ole saying : those who live in glass house shud not throw stones

gary ask somebody if what he daddy did was right .... read d comments

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=357 ... 4324230630

151348465_10222620738339043_8034248093392760618_n.jpg
151348465_10222620738339043_8034248093392760618_n.jpg (29.24 KiB) Viewed 1736 times

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » February 16th, 2021, 6:57 pm

Rovin wrote:ole saying : those who live in glass house shud not throw stones

gary ask somebody if what he daddy did was right .... read d comments

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=357 ... 4324230630

pee enn emm - kamala do eet too.
geegee - bakr do eet too.

sooo, to hell with the constitution. is who could strong arm they positions the most, is what we will follow now?

Ryan197912
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Ryan197912 » February 17th, 2021, 7:06 pm

He fighting with auntie Kamla now...who next???

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » February 18th, 2021, 3:34 pm

Ryan197912 wrote:He fighting with auntie Kamla now...who next???

Dumb faced Geeyore could only be successful at picking internet fights. Imagine this kant's officers beat not one, but TWO people to death and that must go unquestioned and not commented on?

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 19th, 2021, 8:40 pm

so now the police will have less information to work with- why not allow them to store it for at least 5 years before destroying it? so if someone got acquitted due to insufficient evidence but actually did the crime, you now have to erase all his information. information & intelligence are key to crime detection - more crime will follow.

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/judge-to-cops-you-must-destroy-info-on-freed-man/article_b1e3a77e-72c1-11eb-bf95-e328b425ac8d.html

Judge to cops: You must destroy info on freed man
Rickie Ramdass Feb 19, 2021 Updated 6 hrs ago

Margaret
Justice Margaret Mohammed

IT is unconstitutional and illegal for the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) to retain a person’s photographs and other information in its database if that individual was charged with a criminal offence but later acquitted.

In making that declaration yesterday, a High Court judge directed Police Commissioner Gary Griffith to immediately destroy the information belonging to a man who challenged the section of law that allowed for the retention of the information.

Making the ruling was Justice Margaret Mohammed who was to determine the constitutionality of Section 50(2) of the Police Service Act.

In 2014, Parliament amended section 50 of the Act and effectively empowered the TTPS to take and retain the measurements, photographs and fingerprint information of certain persons.

No specified time was stated for the retention of the measurements and photographs, but specified times were stated for the retention of the fingerprint data.

The amended section states: “Where the measurement or photograph taken under subsection (1) is of a person who has not previously been convicted of a criminal offence and such person is discharged or acquitted by a court, all records relating to the measurement or photograph shall be kept by the Commissioner.

The claim was brought by Keston Felix who was charged in May 2017 with using insulting language to the annoyance of persons and resisting arrest.

After being arrested, he was taken to the Morvant Police Station where he was photographed and his fingerprint impressions taken. He was also asked to provide certain personal information such as his address, place of work and family ties which were recorded.

Two years later, the charges were dismissed but in spite of this, Felix said he was informed by his attorneys that the amendment to the Act allowed the TTPS to retain all of his information since the Police Commissioner had no discretion to destroy it.

He therefore filed the claim contending that the amendment infringed on his constitutional right to a private life.

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » February 19th, 2021, 9:59 pm

redmanjp wrote:so now the police will have less information to work with- why not allow them to store it for at least 5 years before destroying it? so if someone got acquitted due to insufficient evidence but actually did the crime, you now have to erase all his information. information & intelligence are key to crime detection - more crime will follow.

If the police improved their conviction rate, this wouldn't be an issue. Even if the police was allowed to keep the information, evidence from an acquitted (and non-existent) case cannot be used in another case in a court of law (as it would amount to hearsay). The lack of convictions from lazy / rogue officers is a more serious issue to be dealt with before detection can be improved.

On the flip side of the coin, what about all the genuine people that had matters pending, got acquitted but years after still getting difficulties with certificates of good character simply due to police not updating records? (I believe you will still receive a certificate of good character but on the back of it will state your pending matters before the court).
Last edited by killercow on February 19th, 2021, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » February 19th, 2021, 10:01 pm

@redmanjp what? If they got acquited because of lack of evidence who fault that? They have resources to find imbert son phone. The guy who question the 'fall of chair' claim and the private beach woman. But they don't have resources to prove someone is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. In those cases it is more than likely that... guess what... the suspect is not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. So why the hell should police have records on someone who has been proven by the courts to be innocent? Some of ya'll beggingfor a police state yes

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 19th, 2021, 10:21 pm

I really dont understand why we can’t just go along with a guy simply falling off a chair to his death.

Why is that so hard to believe.

Its not like they beat his rapist ass to death and they all sticking to the chair story..

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » February 20th, 2021, 1:00 am

i'll take records over falling off ah chair anyday

why would the evidence e.g. fingerprints be hearsay? that's forensic evidence not someone making a claim they see something happen? u retain the fingerprints taken from the suspect and anytime u get fingerprints from a crime scene u compare it against the whole fingerprint databaase. of course since u do not have a criminal record if u are not guilty they still cannot put it on a COC.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Re:

Postby redmanjp » February 20th, 2021, 1:02 am

MaxPower wrote:I really dont understand why we can’t just go along with a guy simply falling off a chair to his death.

Its not like they beat his rapist ass to death and they all sticking to the chair story..

because without evidence my friend u would be just pickup any man on the street that look like a robber/rapist and they are falling off chairs- or u would have to release him for lack of evidence

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 20th, 2021, 7:24 am

redmanjp wrote:
MaxPower wrote:I really dont understand why we can’t just go along with a guy simply falling off a chair to his death.

because without evidence my friend u would be just pickup any man on the street that look like a robber/rapist and they are falling off chairs- or u would have to release him for lack of evidence

Hello redmanjp,

Any man that looks like a robber/rapist is usually a robber/rapist.

The police don’t just pick up any man randomly and put them on the chair...MOST are either responsible for the crime, have covered their tracks or wanted/suspected/known for other matters. Put them on the chair.

Everyone knows who and where the criminals are. We have to order more chairs and start cleaning up.

This law we have is protecting criminals.

This law we have is too lenient for criminals to care.

This law we have encourages crime.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 20th, 2021, 8:52 am

Team,

As as most of you know, there was a 30% increase in FUL applications from women.

Is the approval process improving efficiently?

Remember Trinis are irresponsible, and all it takes is one jackass and then the supposedly increase in FUL approvals goes back to square one.

Thorough background checks must be incorporated in the approval process. Domestic violence is rampant and unreported and having a firearm may not be a good idea in those cases.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”