TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

"Official" POLICE & Police Commisioner Related Matters thread ...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: "Official" GARY GRIFFITH & POLICE related matters thread ...

Postby Dizzy28 » July 31st, 2020, 9:25 am

maj. tom wrote:Yeah i think so, when they're taking a statement it's "providing false information to a Police Officer."

You can also incriminate yourself even if you're completely innocent by blabbing.
You shouldn't talk to the police, beyond identifying yourself, without a lawyer.

Asking questions in the road is considered taking a statement?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 31st, 2020, 9:33 am

Dizzy28 wrote:WRT the video of with the TTDF fella. Is it an offence to lie to the police in answering the questions asked?
Like Place of Employment?
Also if I'm out the road and by chance left my wallet home and they ask name and I say Joseph when that's not my name?
You can't lie to police, they will record everything and use that against you.

This why you dont answer their questions.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 31st, 2020, 9:34 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
maj. tom wrote:Yeah i think so, when they're taking a statement it's "providing false information to a Police Officer."

You can also incriminate yourself even if you're completely innocent by blabbing.
You shouldn't talk to the police, beyond identifying yourself, without a lawyer.

Asking questions in the road is considered taking a statement?
Yes , they will record everything you say.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 31st, 2020, 9:36 am

Agian never talk to police, a question may sound harmless .

If they ask where to comimg from or going, they can place you at the crime.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 31st, 2020, 9:39 am

Depends on the officer and the situation i guess. You have to ask RS on that. I would say yes if you're a person of interest, because the officer has to write up his report and he will state what occurred in that transaction.

But how would they know you're not telling the truth unless they detain you and ask for your ID, etc? Then you're definitely incriminating yourself. If they just dismiss you and continue on their way, i guess you're free to go.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » July 31st, 2020, 3:06 pm

The police can only demand your name and address under the mv&rt act section 93. Even if you give your name but they believe it is false they can still charge.

Other than that you do not have to answer any question.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 31st, 2020, 3:09 pm

for driver only of vehicle ?
what about a pedestrian

rollingstock wrote:The police can only demand your name and address under the mv&rt act section 93. Even if you give your name but they believe it is false they can still charge.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 31st, 2020, 3:53 pm

pugboy wrote:for driver only of vehicle ?
what about a pedestrian

rollingstock wrote:The police can only demand your name and address under the mv&rt act section 93. Even if you give your name but they believe it is false they can still charge.

Depends on the Situation. If driver have drugs and guns you getting Hold

Choose you friends wisely

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » July 31st, 2020, 3:58 pm

Screenshot_20200731-155733.png

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 31st, 2020, 4:35 pm

zoom rader wrote:
what about a pedestrian

if he is ah taxi driver and i just a passenger that doh know him- that still apply?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 31st, 2020, 4:37 pm

Doh answer and get some bellars ? I answering yes .

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 31st, 2020, 4:44 pm

redmanjp wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
what about a pedestrian

if he is ah taxi driver and i just a passenger that doh know him- that still apply?
Hmmm , RS or Elite will have to answer that

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 31st, 2020, 8:44 pm

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9232083198

Another one... essentially police stop the guy and ask him what he was doing... he told them what he was doing but also expressed he did not like the way the officer spoke to him... amother officer stated that that should not bother him... just follow what the officer tell u to do... i really liked how the civillian imo stood his ground and showed the police he knows his rights and not going to take no intimidation from them... when they tell him that he free to go... the guy say... who say i finish...who say i have to move... aint i have fredom of movement... yes sir stand up for your rights

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 31st, 2020, 8:58 pm

Police just doing their job though. It's the middle of the night and they just inquiring why this man walking the road (he going to the bank in the middle of the night?)... they should have just left him though instead of making this a big deal. Police can't demand people to respect them just so. Make note of a suspicious character on Cipero St. when they doing patrols in the future.

I for one does be glad to see the blue lights flashing in the night.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 31st, 2020, 9:13 pm

We under an soe or something... according to the constitution of trinidad and tobago... i have freedom of movement and a right to privacy... officers are not allowed to just stop and question private citizens without probable cause... the guy in the vid was fully right to make out and belittle the officers in the video... he dared them to arrest him as he know if that matter reach the court whatever charges was going to be dismissed and under his civil suit against the state he woulda get a good couple 10 or 100 of thousands of dollars... the officers knew they get make out... they knew this man knew his stuff... look when he ask if he detained and what the charge is... the officer play twist the language to say that his coworker is lawfully asking u about your whereabouts... he could not say yes u are being detained... as once he said that u must tell me what crime i am suspected of committing... we not a stop and search country... stop giving these officers powers above their purview

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » July 31st, 2020, 10:45 pm

elec2020 wrote:We under an soe or something... according to the constitution of trinidad and tobago... i have freedom of movement and a right to privacy... officers are not allowed to just stop and question private citizens without probable cause... the guy in the vid was fully right to make out and belittle the officers in the video... he dared them to arrest him as he know if that matter reach the court whatever charges was going to be dismissed and under his civil suit against the state he woulda get a good couple 10 or 100 of thousands of dollars... the officers knew they get make out... they knew this man knew his stuff... look when he ask if he detained and what the charge is... the officer play twist the language to say that his coworker is lawfully asking u about your whereabouts... he could not say yes u are being detained... as once he said that u must tell me what crime i am suspected of committing... we not a stop and search country... stop giving these officers powers above their purview

Its a PNM state... what else you expect?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 31st, 2020, 10:54 pm

maj. tom wrote:Police just doing their job though. It's the middle of the night and they just inquiring why this man walking the road (he going to the bank in the middle of the night?)... they should have just left him though instead of making this a big deal. Police can't demand people to respect them just so. Make note of a suspicious character on Cipero St. when they doing patrols in the future.

I for one does be glad to see the blue lights flashing in the night.

is the jackass regiment attitude they does take when they talking, that does send people up ah wall.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 31st, 2020, 11:32 pm

elec2020 wrote:We under an soe or something... according to the constitution of trinidad and tobago... i have freedom of movement and a right to privacy... officers are not allowed to just stop and question private citizens without probable cause... the guy in the vid was fully right to make out and belittle the officers in the video... he dared them to arrest him as he know if that matter reach the court whatever charges was going to be dismissed and under his civil suit against the state he woulda get a good couple 10 or 100 of thousands of dollars... the officers knew they get make out... they knew this man knew his stuff... look when he ask if he detained and what the charge is... the officer play twist the language to say that his coworker is lawfully asking u about your whereabouts... he could not say yes u are being detained... as once he said that u must tell me what crime i am suspected of committing... we not a stop and search country... stop giving these officers powers above their purview
Trini police not that bad, they are tamed compared to most countries.

Just don't look like a bandit to draw attention and rail up to anger them. The few interactions I had with them was at road blocks and they were ok and non hostile.

Good thing about trini police they are not red necks and we live in a black country which is a plus.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 31st, 2020, 11:40 pm

^ i had an interaction with an officer... he stopped me after an amber light... claimed i broke the red... at first it didnt seem like he was giving me a ticket... it seemed like he was just warning me... is when i told him my occupation and where i work... his demeanour changed... he blatanly said how someone like me could get a work their... i didnt know how to respond as that real caught me off guard... he ask me back for my dp... went to his bike... wrote up the ticket... and told me what to do if i want to challenge it... i lost all my respect for ttps then and their... i got charged for something in my opinion i did not do... just because i did not fall into the career he thought i would posses... protect and serve my ass

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 31st, 2020, 11:46 pm

elec2020 wrote:^ i had an interaction with an officer... he stopped me after an amber light... claimed i broke the red... at first it didnt seem like he was giving me a ticket... it seemed like he was just warning me... is when i told him my occupation and where i work... his demeanour changed... he blatanly said how someone like me could get a work their... i didnt know how to respond as that real caught me off guard... he ask me back for my dp... went to his bike... wrote up the ticket... and told me what to do if i want to challenge it... i lost all my respect for ttps then and their... i got charged for something in my opinion i did not do... just because i did not fall into the career he thought i would posses... protect and serve my ass
Invest in a dash camm

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » July 31st, 2020, 11:50 pm

I have two now... a rear and front dash cam... learned my lesson

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 1st, 2020, 12:02 am

elec2020 wrote:I have two now... a rear and front dash cam... learned my lesson
Nice, also choose your words wisely next time. Say as little as possible.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » August 1st, 2020, 12:16 am

^ next time i will bring up the lawyer talk early... name id dob address no problem... anything outside that i would like to seek legal counsel first... i was younger then... naive... now i know better

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » August 1st, 2020, 12:16 am

elec2020 wrote:^ i had an interaction with an officer... he stopped me after an amber light... claimed i broke the red... at first it didnt seem like he was giving me a ticket... it seemed like he was just warning me... is when i told him my occupation and where i work... his demeanour changed... he blatanly said how someone like me could get a work their... i didnt know how to respond as that real caught me off guard... he ask me back for my dp... went to his bike... wrote up the ticket... and told me what to do if i want to challenge it... i lost all my respect for ttps then and their... i got charged for something in my opinion i did not do... just because i did not fall into the career he thought i would posses... protect and serve my ass

So why did you tell him your occupation and where you work.... you was pulling rank orrr. Blasted politicians.... :x

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » August 1st, 2020, 12:31 am

^ he asked... what u wanted me to do lie? Police will ask u where u work... in the first video i posted they ask the soldier fella that normal normal... what your occupation is

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » August 1st, 2020, 9:28 am

elec2020 wrote:^ he asked... what u wanted me to do lie? Police will ask u where u work... in the first video i posted they ask the soldier fella that normal normal... what your occupation is
Next time explain that you have been advise by you lawyer not to answer any questions.

The officer will mostly likely give you a ticket in retaliation.

When ever you get pull over the officer mind is already made up to ticket you .

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » August 1st, 2020, 10:01 am

^ LOL i like that last part... i agree whole heartedly with u there btw

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » August 1st, 2020, 11:44 pm

You got a ticket for being a pnm blogger?
That's elite folks.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » August 1st, 2020, 11:56 pm

Well whatever your glorious occupation is that made the policeman so envious that he just had to give you a ticket surely does not require knowing the difference between there and their
Gladiator wrote:

So why did you tell him your occupation and where you work.... you was pulling rank orrr. Blasted politicians.... :x

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » August 2nd, 2020, 3:08 am

rollingstock wrote:

You got a ticket for being a pnm blogger?
That's elite folks.
!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”