WASA Service Connection

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

QM
Street 2NR

WASA Service Connection

Postby QM » August 19th, 2019, 10:21 pm

Hi,

I've applied for one of these in Jan and to date no response or contact. I've called many times and only been told they would look into it. I've also gone in to be told call, don't come in. I've contacted regulated industries commission who have said there is a backlog and no definite time as to when it may be done.

Does anyone have any experience with these recently and can give a time frame? Thank you in advance.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: WASA Service Connection

Postby maj. tom » August 20th, 2019, 7:20 am

lol @ WASA "service."
I trying to contact them 13 months now to fix my connection. Response: "it on file. When we have a team in the area we will call"

venom21
Street 2NR

Postby venom21 » August 20th, 2019, 10:10 am

Best option is to go into wasa head office and ask to see director of operations Mr Shepherd, cause all new service connection have to authorised by him from now on, before the low level managers could of authorised a new service connection.

QM
Street 2NR

Postby QM » August 20th, 2019, 10:18 am

Thank you. I will try to make an appoint to see him.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 20th, 2019, 11:36 am

doh stick nah OP cause is wasa u talkin bout , they will drag dey foot so u have to be up in dey tail to get results .... went thru dat last yr & was 5mths without water , had to buy & beg d neighbor

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » August 20th, 2019, 12:45 pm

I applied for a connection since 2017. My father in law to be works in one of the wasa yards and he says wasa hires contractors with equipment to go an do these jobs but they are owing these contractors money now. So the contractors have put their foot down so until they get paid they aren't going to do any work for wasa. So the result is no new connections being done indefinitely.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » August 20th, 2019, 1:28 pm

Musical Doc wrote:I applied for a connection since 2017. My father in law to be works in one of the wasa yards and he says wasa hires contractors with equipment to go an do these jobs but they are owing these contractors money now. So the contractors have put their foot down so until they get paid they aren't going to do any work for wasa. So the result is no new connections being done indefinitely.

Yeah, your father in law to be couldn't be more wrong. Connections are being done chronologically based on the backlog. So persons within the backlog prior you will be addressed first.

Additionally, this person got it correct but it won't work. Sorry.
venom21 wrote:Best option is to go into wasa head office and ask to see director of operations Mr Shepherd, cause all new service connection have to authorised by him from now on, before the low level managers could of authorised a new service connection.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » August 20th, 2019, 2:41 pm

thelem-again wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:I applied for a connection since 2017. My father in law to be works in one of the wasa yards and he says wasa hires contractors with equipment to go an do these jobs but they are owing these contractors money now. So the contractors have put their foot down so until they get paid they aren't going to do any work for wasa. So the result is no new connections being done indefinitely.

Yeah, your father in law to be couldn't be more wrong. Connections are being done chronologically based on the backlog. So persons within the backlog prior you will be addressed first.

venom21 wrote:Best option is to go into wasa head office and ask to see director of operations Mr Shepherd, cause all new service connection have to authorised by him from now on, before the low level managers could of authorised a new service connection.

Which area of wasa do you work? He is part of the crew in south that does new connections and they haven't gone out to do any connections for the year because of the reason I stated.

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » August 20th, 2019, 3:06 pm

Musical Doc wrote:
thelem-again wrote:

Which area of wasa do you work? He is part of the crew in south that does new connections and they haven't gone out to do any connections for the year because of the reason I stated.

I never said I work there and its besides the point. Information and knowledge often goes beyond employees of any organization. My point is simple. The utilization of contractors for new service, disconnections, road restoration and leaks have been suspended since 2016. Hence the backlog in all those areas. All of those jobs types are being done in house but leak repairs are the priority with the other jobs being done chronologically and on a selective basis. Thats why I went further to say that
venom21
is correct.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » August 20th, 2019, 3:29 pm

thelem-again wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:
thelem-again wrote:

I never said I work there and its besides the point. Information and knowledge often goes beyond employees of any organization. My point is simple. The utilization of contractors for new service, disconnections, road restoration and leaks have been suspended since 2016. Hence the backlog in all those areas. All of those jobs types are being done in house but leak repairs are the priority with the other jobs being done chronologically and on a selective basis. Thats why I went further to say that
venom21
is correct.

But up to september last year they went out to do new connections with contractors. We both have 2 differing sources of information on this but I'm just stating what I was told from someone who goes out to do the new connections. In the meantime, all of us who have connecitons pending has to wait :(

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » August 20th, 2019, 3:37 pm

Musical Doc wrote:
thelem-again wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:
thelem-again wrote:

venom21
is correct.

But up to september last year they went out to do new connections with contractors. We both have 2 differing sources of information on this but I'm just stating what I was told from someone who goes out to do the new connections. In the meantime, all of us who have connecitons pending has to wait :(

Yea I know. It's tough and unfair. They should reach 2017 soon. Keep asking for updates so your file wont get lose.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » August 20th, 2019, 3:54 pm

thelem-again wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:
thelem-again wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:
thelem-again wrote:

venom21
is correct.

Yea I know. It's tough and unfair. They should reach 2017 soon. Keep asking for updates so your file wont get lose.

My father in law saw my name on their list of connections to do.... but is when they get their issues sorted out and start back doing connections again. So far there are no answers as to when they gonna start back doing new connections

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » August 20th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Connect yourself to WASA line,
wait for the amnesty thing to come around again,
pay for connection at that time,
WASA bill coming normel.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 20th, 2019, 7:05 pm

Strugglerzinc wrote:Connect yourself to WASA line,
wait for the amnesty thing to come around again,
pay for connection at that time,
WASA bill coming normel.

This works better. The only thing is ,you don't have to wait for amnesty. You can go in, tell them you have an illegal connection, they will regularise it and you pay for 6 months retroactively. The private contractors can do the connection for you on the side. Just talk to the workers. Doh ask me how ah know.

venom21
Street 2NR

Postby venom21 » August 21st, 2019, 7:34 am

thelem-again wrote:

Actually it does work, i'm in charge of chaguanas area and i did five new connections last week authorised by the director , we had meetings with the director about three months ago and he said all connections have to be authorized by him or the ceo, before once I have a crew in my area I would do new service connections one time now it out of our hands, i have customers who went to him and got their connection done before others who waiting on the backlog, if you wait on the backlog you will have a long wait because the priority is on leaks first then no water complaints like choke lines, then after new services is dealt with and we have a limited amount of active crews that rotates around various locations during leak repairs so new service is in the back burner. Any other info you get is just hear say

Mowally
Street 2NR

Postby Mowally » September 9th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Good day Tuners,

I'm reopening this thread. I applied in Jan for my connection. I'm reading on other post that they had to wait since 2018 to get a Site visit!!
I need some helpful info, cus my situation dire. I've been in & called & told My application was closed due to no response (WASA was calling a disconnected tel#)

@QM did you recieve a water supply & sewage connection?

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » September 9th, 2020, 1:24 pm

Mowally wrote:Good day Tuners,

I'm reopening this thread. I applied in Jan for my connection. I'm reading on other post that they had to wait since 2018 to get a Site visit!!
I need some helpful info, cus my situation dire. I've been in & called & told My application was closed due to no response (WASA was calling a disconnected tel#)

I got my connection in May 2020 which I had applied for in 2017. Currently I'm getting run around to try an get my bill emailed to me. I've been trying to avoid going into the office because of the covid situation but it seems I may have to do that

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » September 9th, 2020, 2:12 pm

Sorry to say but you've now started to wait on that New Service Connection. It's quite rare they would close an application from January, just because they were unable to contact you. But if your application was indeed closed, a new application would need to be done, which means a new wait process.

Mowally
Street 2NR

Postby Mowally » September 10th, 2020, 8:53 am

thelem-again wrote:

Sorry to say but you've now started to wait on that New Service Connection. It's quite rare they would close an application from January, just because they were unable to contact you. But if your application was indeed closed, a new application would need to be done, which means a new wait process.

Yea, I visited Kew Place & I threw ah 'trantrum'.. putting it nicely. My file was reopened & the CSR told me I'll get a call in a few weeks time. But I need water as of yesterday.

Mowally
Street 2NR

Postby Mowally » September 10th, 2020, 9:08 am

Musical Doc wrote:

I got my connection in May 2020 which I had applied for in 2017. Currently I'm getting run around to try an get my bill emailed to me. I've been trying to avoid going into the office because of the covid situation but it seems I may have to do that

What did you do in the interim? I need some practical ideas aside from truck borne & asking a neighbor.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 10th, 2020, 9:15 am

a "good Plumber" will fix it ... then wait for the correct time and go to wasa to regularize

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 10th, 2020, 9:21 am

Best idea ever
death365 wrote:a "good Plumber" will fix it ... then wait for the correct time and go to wasa to regularize

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » September 10th, 2020, 9:46 am

Mowally wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:

What did you do in the interim? I need some practical ideas aside from truck borne & asking a neighbor.

My parents live next door so I just ran a hose from by them to fill my tank every week.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » September 10th, 2020, 9:50 am

death365 wrote:a "good Plumber" will fix it ... then wait for the correct time and go to wasa to regularize

Does this still work without being fined? My friend who was waiting on a water connection the same time with me ran a pvc line from his parents next door to his house and apparently a wasa crew passing spotted the line and took pics and sent it in to the office. When he did get his connection he was fined one year of water rates. When he saw it on his bill an went to query it they showed him all the evidence so he had no choice but to pay it.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » September 10th, 2020, 9:52 am

Or you could just get a pnm party card.

Then you wouldn't need water anymore.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 10th, 2020, 10:00 am

Typically for regularizatio, you pay 6months rates and they will fix you on the system.
Unless they changed the requirements recently
Musical Doc wrote:

Does this still work without being fined? My friend who was waiting on a water connection the same time with me ran a pvc line from his parents next door to his house and apparently a wasa crew passing spotted the line and took pics and sent it in to the office. When he did get his connection he was fined one year of water rates. When he saw it on his bill an went to query it they showed him all the evidence so he had no choice but to pay it.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » September 10th, 2020, 10:07 am

Musical Doc wrote:

Sounding like someone snitched on him .wasa workers doing all that investigation sounds suspect unless when they actually came to put up his connection no one was home

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » September 10th, 2020, 10:11 am

The wasa workers were sour they didn't get a chance for 10 of dem to lime under he mango tree doing nothing most of the time or to make a few deep gully potholes by the man house which would eventually become a landslip, so they write him up and fined him.

Mowally
Street 2NR

Postby Mowally » September 10th, 2020, 12:12 pm

maj. tom wrote:The wasa workers were sour they didn't get a chance for 10 of dem to lime under he mango tree doing nothing most of the time or to make a few deep gully potholes by the man house which would eventually become a landslip, so they write him up and fined him.

:-D :-D I could make ah mental image of that!
Hmmmm.. I've no family there. I'll have to 'make ah fren'.. that's reallll B.S doh. I read in earlier post to go to RIC, but I refuse to believe I've to wait 2&3 yrs for a connection & my plot is in a built up, heavy populated area. No WASA links on this thread?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 10th, 2020, 12:32 pm

They moved connections dept to a seperate building, away the head office, so ppl cant ask a padna working there to push their papers
Mowally wrote:
maj. tom wrote:The wasa workers were sour they didn't get a chance for 10 of dem to lime under he mango tree doing nothing most of the time or to make a few deep gully potholes by the man house which would eventually become a landslip, so they write him up and fined him.

:-D :-D I could make ah mental image of that!
Hmmmm.. I've no family there. I'll have to 'make ah fren'.. that's reallll B.S doh. I read in earlier post to go to RIC, but I refuse to believe I've to wait 2&3 yrs for a connection & my plot is in a built up, heavy populated area. No WASA links on this thread?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”