TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Skybox or Direct shipping off Amazon ???

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Skybox or Direct shipping off Amazon ???

Postby Premchand1976 » July 14th, 2019, 7:51 am

Is it cheaper / faster to ship direct to Trinidad ( if seller permits ) than to send thru skybox ?

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Skybox or Direct shipping off Amazon ???

Postby The_Honourable » July 14th, 2019, 10:53 am

Skybox is far better unless the seller is sending it to you directly with FedEx, DHL or UPS which usually comes with added shipping costs.

If you see free shipping internationally, snail mail for sure.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » July 14th, 2019, 11:08 am

A guy told me recently he only orders items off amazon that ship directly to T&T, that it comes out cheaper. Never did it myself but just for the peace of mind I'd just use the skybox I'm already accustomed to instead of going through any unnecessary drama.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » July 14th, 2019, 11:24 am

I can't see direct being faster.Skybox gets packages to us within 48 hrs of them receiving it in Miami.

Closer to 36 regularly

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 14th, 2019, 11:36 am

Cheaper, yes. Faster? No way, it's snail mail and not worth the hassle compared to a skybox service. Amazon international shipping uses DHL to local Post service at destination country. When your package arrives at your local TTPost office you have to wait for the written notice to reach you by mail, after 7 days I think you pay per day for storage at the TTPost office up to 30 days and then TTPost returns the package to sender. And then you have to get to the Post Office to collect your mail and pay the handling fee as well as the custom duties+VAT there.

All that bs? Just use a skybox and they will call as soon as it arrives and you get your package same or next day. Dealing with TTPost is just not worth any amount of money ($50?) that you believe that you will save.

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » July 14th, 2019, 11:40 am

I accidentally sent a couple t-shirt via international shipping and it worked out cheapwe than skybox .. The cost is covered in your purchase and DHL brought it home.. Pretty quick too

Began experimenting but noticed heavier items is real failure so use skybox for that

Lighter things may in fact work out cheaper

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 14th, 2019, 2:52 pm

Cheaper, maybe.
Anything to collect from TTpost is like pulling teeth, so there's that.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 14th, 2019, 11:02 pm

^^

TTPOST ? You serious ?

Amazon ships direct now via DHL.

You do not need a SkyBox.

hong kong phooey
punchin NOS

Postby hong kong phooey » July 15th, 2019, 12:01 am

my experience , skybox is cheaper because if you buy 2 of the same item and ship it at different times with the sky box you get 2 different customs charges . Amazon have the correct costoms charge

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 15th, 2019, 6:55 am

the international tracking works with ttpost
BUT
sending via ttpost is very risky

reason being is the idiots their customs depts are very stupid
and are quick to return items if invoice missing or some stupid reason like that.

has happened to me a couple times and when the seller contacted me to say the item returned
and I inquired at ttpost they claim to not know who sent it back.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 15th, 2019, 9:04 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^

TTPOST ? You serious ?

Skybox is faster and more reliable, but the most expensive.
Seabox is slower and less reliable, slightly cheaper than skybox.
Direct shipping is OK (store independent opinion, not just amazon), but it depends on who is handling the final handover. If you get TTPost as the last leg, LEL.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » July 15th, 2019, 8:09 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:

TTPOST ? You serious ?

Direct shipping is OK (store independent opinion, not just amazon), but it depends on who is handling the final handover. If you get TTPost as the last leg, LEL.
If I use DHL ???

assassin
Shifting into 6th

Postby assassin » July 15th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Few years ago I bought 5 dvds. Shipped direct and had to collect from ttpost

In the box I got 4 dvds and a plastic wrapper. Some fcuker didn't just thief 1... he unwrap it and leave d wrapper in d box

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 15th, 2019, 8:33 pm

Premchand1976 wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:

TTPOST ? You serious ?

If I use DHL ???

DHL seems to be more "aggressive" in their cost estimation for duties and vat. Only got one or two with them tho. TTpost is rather loose and seems to undervalue it automagically

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » July 18th, 2019, 11:19 pm

assassin wrote:Few years ago I bought 5 dvds. Shipped direct and had to collect from ttpost

In the box I got 4 dvds and a plastic wrapper. Some fcuker didn't just thief 1... he unwrap it and leave d wrapper in d box

Family ordered a pair of glasses .

TTPOST say it lost !

Family call lawyer to talk to them ..

Glasses was found .

Somebody put on their glasses and see it quick !

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » July 19th, 2019, 5:45 am

The few times that I had ordered auto parts out of Japan and it came straight to Trinidad via EMS, I had no issues with collecting the items from the TTPOST office. I really can't remember exact times, but from the time of delivery to Trinidad to the time I got the notice from TTPOST, it wasn't so bad.

I guess if you are shipping electronics, or high value items that could easily be sold, you may not want to trust TTPOST with your items.

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » July 19th, 2019, 9:15 am

DHL shipping is quick and easy to Trinidad. usually if the say one week it means 3 days 4 for the most.

i usually get back approx 50% of my local taxes back as a refund after a few weeks from 27 Usd i got 11 USd back

iznuttin
Riding on 13's

Postby iznuttin » November 19th, 2019, 2:01 pm

Premchand1976 wrote:Is it cheaper / faster to ship direct to Trinidad ( if seller permits ) than to send thru skybox ?

For SBA, it works well with CERTAIN electronics, clothing and small items. Always compare before deciding.

Very competitive, and sometimes even better than Skybox rates. Amazon estimates Import taxes/duties based on known rates.

Import duties are refunded if Amazon overestimates (happened to me a couple of times) and no additional action is required if Amazon underestimates.

DHL is reliable and you get working hours (signature required) delivery to your home or workplace as indicated when you insert the shipping address on Amazon. You can also call in to DHL to pickup instead if working hours deliveries are not possible.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 31st, 2020, 4:37 pm

Anybody used direct shiping to TT recently? The cost is on par with SeaBox but I will get the package sooner according to the ETA. Wondering how the current Customs scene will play into that.

Jade_Inc.
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Jade_Inc. » August 31st, 2020, 7:08 pm

Once you're using Amazon and it's shipped to your TT address, the customs fees are paid to Amazon on checkout. If it's more, Amazon takes the hit, if it's less, Amazon refunds u

quietdevil
Riding on 13's

Postby quietdevil » August 31st, 2020, 7:47 pm

You dont have to wait for the notification from TTPOST to collect your packages. Once you track it and it says cleared by customs you can go to TTPOST mail centre in Piarco with your tracking number and collect it. I bring in a lot of used car parts and have used this method, way cheaper than skybox. Note though when going to TTPOST walk with your original invoice.

NR8
Riding on 18's

Postby NR8 » August 31st, 2020, 9:02 pm

quietdevil wrote:You dont have to wait for the notification from TTPOST to collect your packages. Once you track it and it says cleared by customs you can go to TTPOST mail centre in Piarco with your tracking number and collect it. I bring in a lot of used car parts and have used this method, way cheaper than skybox. Note though when going to TTPOST walk with your original invoice.

Wait, so it not delivered to you? I saw one person said it was shipped and delivered to him by DHL. Must you collect at TTPost Piarco or sub office?

Jade_Inc. wrote:Once you're using Amazon and it's shipped to your TT address, the customs fees are paid to Amazon on checkout. If it's more, Amazon takes the hit, if it's less, Amazon refunds u

Thanks much!

quietdevil
Riding on 13's

Postby quietdevil » September 2nd, 2020, 2:35 pm

[/quote]Wait, so it not delivered to you? I saw one person said it was shipped and delivered to him by DHL. Must you collect at TTPost Piarco or sub office?[/quote]

Depends on the weight, I usually bring in large items so I collect at TTPOST. I did bring in some parts and DHL did home delivery but buss my ass with duties.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”