Forums

It is illegal to wash your car in public in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » July 7th, 2019, 12:28 pm

How much do you know about the laws of Trinidad and Tobago? Here are a few that you probably didn't know existed:

1. Clotheslines in the street

Everyone knows about airing one's dirty laundry in public, but in T&T it's actually illegal to hang clothes out to dry in the streets.

Under the Section 64 (1) of the Summary Offences Act, "Any person who commits any of the following offences in any street is, for each offence, liable to a fine of two hundred dollars or to imprisonment for one month, that is to say, any person who:

(e) hangs or places any clothes on any line or cord projecting over any part of any street, or on any wall, fence or paling abutting upon any street".

2. Sleeping/loitering in public

Sleeping or loitering in public? You could be given a $200 fine or imprisoned for up to one month if you don't have a good enough reason for doing so.

Under the Section 64 (1) of the Summary Offences Act: "A person committing any of the offences mentioned below in this section may be deemed an idle and disorderly person, and shall be liable to a fine of two hundred dollars, or to imprisonment for one month—

(c) any person found sleeping or loitering in or under any building, including any open outhouse, verandah, gallery, passage, or gateway, or in any vehicle or vessel, without leave of the owner, occupier or person in charge thereof, or on or under any wharf, quay, jetty, bridge, footway, or in any street or other public place, and not giving a good account of himself".

3. Begging

Begging, or encouraging others to beg, is liable to a $200 charge or up to one month in jail under Section 45 of the Summary Offences Act.

"45. A person committing any of the offences mentioned below in this section may be deemed an idle and disorderly person, and shall be liable to a fine of two hundred dollars, or to imprisonment for one month—

"(b) any person wandering abroad or placing himself in any street to beg or gather alms, or causing or procuring or encouraging any child to do so".

4. Fortune telling

Don't even think of pulling out those Tarot cards, because under the Summary Offences Act, you'd be breaking the law.

"45. A person committing any of the offences mentioned below in this section may be deemed an idle and disorderly person, and shall be liable to a fine of two hundred dollars, or to imprisonment for one month—

(e) any person pretending or professing to tell fortunes."

5. Trundling a hoop/hoop rolling in the street

Hoop rolling, also called hoop trundling, is both a sport and a child's game in which a large hoop is rolled along the ground, generally by means of an object wielded by the player. The aim of the game is to keep the hoop upright for long periods of time, or to do various tricks.

Sadly, this pastime is illegal to do in public, according to the Summary Offences Act.

"64. (1) Any person who commits any of the following offences in any street is, for each offence, liable to a fine of two hundred dollars or to imprisonment for one month, that is to say, any person who (k) trundles a hoop;"

6. Being drunk in public

We all know driving while drunk is illegal, but under the Summary Offences Act just walking about in public while inebriated is enough to land you a $100 fine.

"52. (1) Any person found drunk in any street or other public place, whether a building or not, is liable to a fine of one hundred dollars."

Being drunk and causing a disturbance hikes up the punishment to a $200 fine and possible jail time.

"52 (2) Any person who, in any street or other public place, whether a building or not, is drunk and disorderly, or who in any street or public place, is drunk while in charge of any vehicle or cattle, or is guilty of any riotous, indecent, or disorderly behaviour, or of insulting, obstructing, or annoying any passenger therein, or who, in any Government Office, Summary Court, or Police Station, or in any place of public entertainment, is guilty of riotous, indecent or disorderly behaviour, is liable to a fine of two hundred dollars or to imprisonment for two months."

7. Naked children

It's actually illegal for parents to allow children over the age of five to be naked in the streets. Under Section 64 of the Summary Offences Act:

"64. (1) Any person who commits any of the following offences in any street is, for each offence, liable to a fine of two hundred dollars or to imprisonment for one month, that is to say, any person who:

(g) being a parent or guardian or person standing in the relation of parent or guardian to any child above the age of five years, permits such child to go naked."

8. Importing or owning a mongoose

There are some creatures that are just not allowed as pets in T&T and a mongoose is one of them.

Under Section 4 of the Mongoose Act:

"4. (1) No person shall keep or have in his possession any live mongoose. (2) Any person who contravenes this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine of one thousand dollars."

9. Washing cars in public

Planning to wash your car? Don't do it in the street, or you might get in trouble with the law, according to Section 64 of the Summary Offences Act.

S64(1)(a) says anyone who "makes, repairs, washes, or cleans any vehicle (except in case of accident where repair on the spot is necessary)" in any street is liable to a fine of $200 or imprisonment for up to one month.

10. Beating animals

While many think it's cruel to beat an animal, not many know it's actually illegal.

Under Section 79 (1) of the Summary Offences Act: "Any person who cruelly beats, ill-treats, starves, overdrives, overrides, overloads, abuses, tortures, or otherwise maltreats any animal is liable to a fine of four hundred dollars or to imprisonment for two months."

Do you think some of these laws should be reviewed?

http://www.looptt.com/content/10-things ... and-tobago

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: It is illegal to wash your car in public in T&T

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 7th, 2019, 12:49 pm

2,3,4,6,9 are done on a regular

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Is this a thread about typical Trinidadian lifestyle?

Disgusts me

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » July 7th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Whoever wrote the Constitution really had higher hopes and dreams for this country some 60 years ago.

Who would have thought that the backwater Caribbean island that Sir V.S.Naipaul wrote about in his novels was always going to be as true as described? You can pick up The Suffrage of Elvira and The Mystic Masseur today and they still would be believable as if set in the current year on this island.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 7th, 2019, 2:35 pm

We have a million and two laws but very little to enforce it.

Lazy law services

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » July 7th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Ent this article was rehashed a few months ago? On loop.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » July 7th, 2019, 2:47 pm

How much those fines would have been equivalent to today?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 7th, 2019, 2:54 pm

PNM ppl won't adhere to those laws

innocent criminal
Street 2NR

Postby innocent criminal » July 7th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Not all of these laws are necessary I think. But regardless, it shows that the police only enforcing what they feel is wrong! They are not the ones to determine justice! That's what the law is written for. They are just supposed to execute it

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 7th, 2019, 3:38 pm

innocent criminal wrote:Not all of these laws are necessary I think. But regardless, it shows that the police only enforcing what they feel is wrong! They are not the ones to determine justice! That's what the law is written for. They are just supposed to execute it
These law are necessary, in the hood where I live it have a set of PNM youths that wash cars as a hussle in road . They leave all their trash on the road and show no respect for anyone.

As soon as they collect money it's burnt away on herbs and crack

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » July 7th, 2019, 6:18 pm

zoom rader wrote:
innocent criminal wrote:Not all of these laws are necessary I think. But regardless, it shows that the police only enforcing what they feel is wrong! They are not the ones to determine justice! That's what the law is written for. They are just supposed to execute it
These law are necessary, in the hood where I live it have a set of PNM youths that wash cars as a hussle in road . They leave all their trash on the road and show no respect for anyone.

Well Zoomie, do the entrepreneurial thing and throw up a galvanize shed, hire the PNM youths to wash cars for you and teach them a thing or two. Kill two birds with one stone.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 7th, 2019, 8:17 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Well Zoomie, do the entrepreneurial thing and throw up a galvanize shed, hire the PNM youths to wash cars for you and teach them a thing or two. Kill two birds with one stone.
Dem not wuking for nobody.

These PNM youths will wash one to two cars for the day and that's their weed money for the day. Don't leave anything in your yard.

Cah teach dem anything.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 7th, 2019, 9:29 pm

MaxPower wrote:Is this a thread about typical Trinidadian lifestyle?

Disgusts me

It's not on the list, but it should be illegal to be as dotish as you are.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 7th, 2019, 9:31 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

It seems as if you're angling for a job at zoomies establishment.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » July 7th, 2019, 10:11 pm

De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Who are you again?

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 7th, 2019, 11:51 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Who are you again?

De Dragon, says so right above my profile pic :wink:

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » July 8th, 2019, 4:55 am

De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Who are you again?

K

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 8th, 2019, 5:15 am

Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Who are you again?

K

Actually, it's below the profile pic.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 8th, 2019, 5:34 am

De Dragon wrote:Actually, it's below the profile pic.

Visual agnosia i see.

Cant even tell up from down, left from right and ass from elbow....smh

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 8th, 2019, 5:45 am

MaxPower wrote:
De Dragon wrote:Actually, it's below the profile pic.

Visual agnosia i see.

Cant even tell up from down, left from right and ass from elbow....smh

I know the difference between you and an elbow silly man boola............

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » July 8th, 2019, 7:03 am

Disgusts me

& the exact same effect is achieved every time you look in the mirror
all that self hate, son you really should seek professional psychiatrist for diagnosis & treatment before you hurt yourself

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » July 8th, 2019, 7:42 am

De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Joshie23 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Who are you again?

K

Actually, it's below the profile pic.

K

matr1x

Postby matr1x » July 8th, 2019, 10:21 am

Being a kant should be illegal too, but then all of pnm supporters will get charge.

And half of tuner. Not my half though

mero

Postby mero » July 8th, 2019, 11:13 am

matr1x wrote:Being a kant should be illegal too, but then all of pnm supporters will get charge.

And half of tuner. Not my half though
Nalini, who or what is your half exactly? Cuz I'm sure 99% of ppl on here think you're a useless idiot.

Who do you claim half for?

zoomedic
Sweet on this forum

Postby zoomedic » July 8th, 2019, 4:22 pm

If you make your children over five take off alll theirs clothes Heng it up on a line in the streets having them wash your car while you drunk and also you beat your dog all at the same time you can be breaking all the lawd all at once
If and only if
Hahahahaah

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » July 8th, 2019, 10:29 pm

zoomedic wrote:If you make your children over five take off alll theirs clothes Heng it up on a line in the streets having them wash your car while you drunk and also you beat your dog all at the same time you can be breaking all the lawd all at once
If and only if
Hahahahaah

Hoss...what you smoking?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zoomedic
Sweet on this forum

Postby zoomedic » July 9th, 2019, 4:38 am

I know it have you get a chance to think it'd do that to you

zoomedic
Sweet on this forum

Postby zoomedic » July 9th, 2019, 4:39 am

I know it have you get a chance to think it'd do that to you

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 9th, 2019, 6:13 am

88sins wrote:

Disgusts me

& the exact same effect is achieved every time you look in the mirror
all that self hate, son you really should seek professional psychiatrist for diagnosis & treatment before you hurt yourself

And what do you achieve by raping defenseless Venezuelan women?

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » July 9th, 2019, 7:35 am

@ zoomedic, what mc language you learn in school?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”