Leaving Trinidad for good...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby adnj » July 26th, 2020, 12:29 pm

fireworks wrote:
Not as cold as it can get in canada but yes last winter was mild.

Yeah don’t think any new work visas are being processed. If you have one and you are in the country you will get a renewal once you still have your job. I am in telecommunications field so I applied and got a job with spectrum. More people working and schooling from home or streaming more so lots of vacancies. They offer training to get you up to speed nothing hard.

It isn't cold until the dog refuses to go outside to pee. I've been through that.

It looks like covid-19 is speeding-up employment transition.

Good luck.

fireworks
Street 2NR

Postby fireworks » July 26th, 2020, 12:43 pm

Kewell35 wrote:
fireworks wrote:I left Trinidad for good a year ago and moved to NY. Got married found a good job and living up in the north country now. Its nice here lots of open space very low crime rates no shootings or murders. Smooth roads hardly any traffic or traffic accidents or crazy drivers, a lot less corona cases than in Trinidad.

Very peaceful BLM protests and No riots here............ Canadian border is just over an hour away by car If things go crazy here.

But Life is pretty cool and laid back compared to life in the over crowded and nasty city. Plus love how I can order stuff online without worrying about if I will get overcharged this time or why I am paying tax on taxes.

My advice moving overseas no matter which country plan ahead stay away from the big cities and all will be well.

The only issue is the loneliness/sense of community that you have in trinidad.

That’s a more a city thing buddy. Plus in my opinion could have More “community” here where I am than in Trinidad. Where In Trinidad everything is more of a who you know society.

Imagine Trinidad police department or fire department doing a drive by celebration for a nobody or a kid in the neighborhood just because it’s their birthday. Or for a celebration outside the hospital every time a covid patient recovered and is released.

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » July 26th, 2020, 1:18 pm

fireworks wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:
fireworks wrote:I left Trinidad for good a year ago and moved to NY. Got married found a good job and living up in the north country now. Its nice here lots of open space very low crime rates no shootings or murders. Smooth roads hardly any traffic or traffic accidents or crazy drivers, a lot less corona cases than in Trinidad.

Very peaceful BLM protests and No riots here............ Canadian border is just over an hour away by car If things go crazy here.

But Life is pretty cool and laid back compared to life in the over crowded and nasty city. Plus love how I can order stuff online without worrying about if I will get overcharged this time or why I am paying tax on taxes.

My advice moving overseas no matter which country plan ahead stay away from the big cities and all will be well.

The only issue is the loneliness/sense of community that you have in trinidad.

That’s a more a city thing buddy. Plus in my opinion could have More “community” here where I am than in Trinidad. Where In Trinidad everything is more of a who you know society.

Imagine Trinidad police department or fire department doing a drive by celebration for a nobody or a kid in the neighborhood just because it’s their birthday. Or for a celebration outside the hospital every time a covid patient recovered and is released.

So you're saying a more rural place? not a city right? you sure you get that same feeling around white americans there? do they readily accept you? Not trying to be mean or anything...just curious as to how that works out.

People can do these acts without a genuine sense of love honestly or a sense of community because it's what their culture is about. It's what they've been taught to do.

I know how it is because I lived in the US and experienced that.

fireworks
Street 2NR

Postby fireworks » July 26th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Kewell35 wrote:
So you're saying a more rural place? not a city right? you sure you get that same feeling around white americans there? do they readily accept you? Not trying to be mean or anything...just curious as to how that works out.

People can do these acts without a genuine sense of love honestly or a sense of community because it's what their culture is about. It's what they've been taught to do.

Nope not Rural rural you don’t want to live out in the sticks here to many crazies live there and the bugs no internet. There are many small cities with rural suburbs. Call it Home Town USA if you may.

An as a non white person they treat me very well and actually check up on me as they know I am a foreigner. Mind you they are all mostly trump supporters

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » July 26th, 2020, 4:33 pm

Kewell35 wrote:
TheBoostLord wrote:I'll give my situation. 31 married, 3 month old baby. I'm a us citizen so i have the option to take my family there, but we would be basically starting from scratch. wife's law degree wont mean a thing. im basically self employed so jumping into another country would see me start from zero. We also have the option of going to canada, in fact we applied and received a permanent resident invitation which is about 80% complete. However the same situation applies, though it might be a bit worse in Canada in that they require you to have canadian work experience & education (immigrants wont have this, even though you enter the country based on education/work experience) so you then again have to start from scratch in most fields. Canada is larger than usa with the budget of California. Great high paying jobs have very high competition. even if you are the best of the best, you still have to go through their system for those jobs since almost everything is regulated, unless you wana open your own business. I have a good amount of family support in a few states in usa, wife has family support in canada. Flip side is we enjoy a certain standard of living in trinidad right now esp with tremendous family support, which we wont be able to sustain if we left. Wife has a good secure well paying job with benefits, and im not doing too bad myself, its just a shame the country is the way it is. We cant really get to enjoy things. walking on the street in florida or ontario feels SO MUCH safer than trinidad, sorry to say. I honestly love this place so im torn every morning when i wake up and i have to continually make a decision to stay or leave. Both wife and i agree that leaving would be much better for our child which we probably would end up doing. What hurts me the most is all the car projects ive been doing for years are almost completed and i wont get to enjoy them. ill have to part out or sell wayyyy under what i spent plus all that time+ energy just gone. I think thats why im so on the fence with moving.

Wonder if this guy ever left.

funny how life turns out. i was all ready and prepped to leave in March to start the process about the same time covid really started hitting. i cant imagine how things would have turned out getting caught up in all that and being locked out of trini if the worst was to happen. In anycase with being stuck here for the time being, im dabbling in a bit of this and that and paving a new way for myself financially. covid has effectively but brakes on migration for a while no matter the destination, so its best to use the opportunity and focus on what i can do instead. it'll work out one way or another.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » July 26th, 2020, 4:44 pm

5 more years of Rowley and we will all look back fondly at covid 19

LAKERS-_-BOSS-_-24
Riding on 13's

Postby LAKERS-_-BOSS-_-24 » July 26th, 2020, 8:30 pm

matr1x wrote:5 more years of Rowley and we will all look back fondly at covid 19
Dw 5 more years and this country will be renamed to venidad

unimatrix-001
Street 2NR

Postby unimatrix-001 » July 27th, 2020, 5:00 pm

fireworks wrote:
Kewell35 wrote:

Nope not Rural rural you don’t want to live out in the sticks here to many crazies live there and the bugs no internet. There are many small cities with rural suburbs. Call it Home Town USA if you may.

An as a non white person they treat me very well and actually check up on me as they know I am a foreigner. Mind you they are all mostly trump supporters

Small cities are the way to go...plus, open your own doubles cart, skip the pepper sauce and you will make it big!

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Postby Kewell35 » August 11th, 2020, 2:59 pm

Nexus wrote:Serious question.
Anyone ever thought about moving to the likes of Indonesia or Malaysia or know anyone that has? Similar climate, low cost of living and crime, yes they are prone to some serious natural disasters and terrorism at times, plus the language barrier might be steep.

Now seeing this post....was discussing this with people the other day but don't know any actual trinis that actually do it.
The economy in those countries improving too.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 11th, 2020, 3:13 pm

all of a sudden this look like a real good idea when borders open

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » August 11th, 2020, 3:21 pm

yup.

how to even start this process? like say, Canada?

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » August 11th, 2020, 3:39 pm

goalpost wrote:yup.

how to even start this process? like say, Canada?

you start by writing to Mister Justin
Dear Mr. Justin
I live in a bad bad place and I would like to live by you. I have no real marketable skills, but I like nice things and your place has nice things.
Can I stay?
Pals forever

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » August 11th, 2020, 3:48 pm

Who inviting alluh into their countries?

What marketable skills you all have?

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » August 11th, 2020, 4:18 pm

anyone know how to buy land in venezuela ? is only a matter of time before the USA invade and dey become a colony. i cud take d boat and go dong an by some hectares of land.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » August 11th, 2020, 4:22 pm

screwbash wrote:anyone know how to buy land in venezuela ? is only a matter of time before the USA invade and dey become a colony. i cud take d boat and go dong an by some hectares of land.

Lol good luck paying many bribes first

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » January 1st, 2021, 4:19 pm

Wondering how the persons who left Trinidad are coping right now seeing that soo many are begging to come back in.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » January 1st, 2021, 4:30 pm

No they aren’t anymore . These were mostly people who traveled and not ones who permanently wanted to get out

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » January 1st, 2021, 4:39 pm

Redress10 wrote:Who inviting alluh into their countries?

I always seeing ads about migrating to Canada on FB. but for me I wonder if I just get a Canadian Visa if it will increase the likelihood of getting a US Visa (so my cousin told me). non immigrant by the way.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » January 1st, 2021, 5:49 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Redress10 wrote:Who inviting alluh into their countries?

I always seeing ads about migrating to Canada on FB. but for me I wonder if I just get a Canadian Visa if it will increase the likelihood of getting a US Visa (so my cousin told me). non immigrant by the way.
Once you can show that you can travel abroad and return it gives you a stronger standing.

Plus it also depends on how much ties and how deep routed you are in Trinidad

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » January 1st, 2021, 6:19 pm

We were chained up when we thought that Habit7 had left, but sadly he returned, and his time at the LFDRFD PNM monastery seemed to be well spent, as he is dotish X 10 now.

Numb3r4
Shifting into 6th

Postby Numb3r4 » January 1st, 2021, 6:40 pm

Be careful about some of those ads they aren't always what they seem, many are just for lawyers or professional immigration services that analyze your chances or getting though they do not always help you get through.

Many of the new processes are quite individual and require you to apply for yourself (as an individual) online within a specific timeframe.

If you are serious about immigration the best thing is the US VISA lottery or getting work in a technical capacity that gives you a marketable skill. Know this, if you do acquire a skill no matter how far you've reached here locally be prepared for a step down when you're there.

If you're just going for a vacation, jut apply, with the Canadian VISA it's best to apply with a passport that has been recently renewed as they usually give a VISA for the length of the passport, in that it will expire with the passport.

The US however will give you a VISA for a set period of years 5 or 10, my last was 10 but recently my parents got 5 so don't know the policy changes. Even if your passport expires the VISA can still be used even with a new passport with no VISA in it, you just simply walk with the old passport, paperclip it or in the old times staple the 2 together, so long as the VISA doesn't expire.

Honestly what they also look for is job history and asset base, if you are currently working and can show proof or your future job situation good (not guaranteed but....). I remember going with a job letter and a letter from my educational institute and these prove that I will be coming back so good for a vacation VISA.

Those who migrated for work well that's different, those that I know who work went legally via the lottery or illegally and married or lived under the radar and "got though" legally via an immigration lawyer, I would NOT advise this, NO WAY.

Some migrated as seasonal workers who did it for a long time back and forth and eventually settled, most don't, they come back. Tough job but if you're single and don't have immediate family (husband, wife, kids) you can try. TOUGH, especially living in the worker camps.

The other migrated on account of working for a multi-national here, that allowed then to transfer to another countries and thus secure work permits and eventually dual citizenship, mind you this process is very long and may bind you to one particular company.

Others just had really specific skills either oil and gas or IT and worked for multi-nationals.

Some were professional and got through on scholarships and then became interns and such and eventually moved on up, however those with families came back as family life here was better/easier and they had help.

If you decide to use any third party or respond to any ad please read the fine print and call around and talk to others, if any person clams to have or offer some special service with the embassy please call and inform the embassy. Foreign embassies don't have specials, unless you have a lot of money.

unimatrix-001
Street 2NR

Postby unimatrix-001 » January 2nd, 2021, 12:44 am

just follow the teachings of 90 day fiancé and u will get thru

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby MaxPower » January 2nd, 2021, 8:56 am

Nexus wrote:Serious question.
Anyone ever thought about moving to the likes of Indonesia or Malaysia or know anyone that has? Similar climate, low cost of living and crime, yes they are prone to some serious natural disasters and terrorism at times, plus the language barrier might be steep.

Trinis quick to say Venezuelans will have Trinidad exactly like their homeland.

Therefore it is safe to say that Trinis will have Indonesia and Malaysia exactly like home (crime and littering) if they were to migrate.

I understand that there will be genuine citizens who simply want a better safer life and will fit in respectfully in other countries......but all i’m saying is too much Trinis migrating will be a problem for others.

Countries should evaluate and investigate Trinis VERY thoroughly and strictly before allowing them to enter or reside.

Some people just need to stay in their lane.

Bamboo boy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Bamboo boy » January 2nd, 2021, 9:01 am

I have been all over the world and as 1 week pass I ready to come back trini. Lol

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » January 2nd, 2021, 11:28 am

Saw this in the express today.
Saturday 2nd January 2021.
20210102_112404.jpeg

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 10:26 am

Great post. Thinking about leaving Trinidad for good as well. I have US papers already and a job offer so seriously considering it.

Anyone else thinking about leaving?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 12th, 2021, 11:09 am

SuperiorMan wrote:Great post. Thinking about leaving Trinidad for good as well. I have US papers already and a job offer so seriously considering it.

Well bro

Trinidad is broke ,
only store clerk jobs,
more taxes with little in return
Crime galore
Disgusting nasty Trinis
A lair as a prime minister
Lazy public services , lazy Trinis
Bad customer service
Overprices
No future for the next generation
Idiotic Trinis
Dishonest pp
Red government idiots

Think about it.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » April 12th, 2021, 11:12 am

SuperiorMan wrote:Great post. Thinking about leaving Trinidad for good as well. I have US papers already and a job offer so seriously considering it.

If you already have all those things then what is there to consider?

What is keeping you back here in TT? Is it that the US isn't a bed of roses and you rather remain here and be comfortable?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 12th, 2021, 11:57 am

Redress10 wrote:

What is keeping you back here in TT? Is it that the US isn't a bed of roses and you rather remain here and be comfortable?

Something tells me that when he says "US papers" he means a copy of the NY Times & the Miami Herald :lol:

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 11:59 am

Redress10 wrote:

Honestly, family and friends.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”