this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Re: Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 12:00 pm

88sins wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Great post. Thinking about leaving Trinidad for good as well. I have US papers already and a job offer so seriously considering it.

Anyone else thinking about leaving?

If you already have all those things then what is there to consider?

What is keeping you back here in TT? Is it that the US isn't a bed of roses and you rather remain here and be comfortable?

Something tells me that when he says "US papers" he means a copy of the NY Times & the Miami Herald :lol:

US green card.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 12:03 pm

zoom rader wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Great post. Thinking about leaving Trinidad for good as well. I have US papers already and a job offer so seriously considering it.

Well bro

Trinidad is broke ,
only store clerk jobs,
more taxes with little in return
Crime galore
Disgusting nasty Trinis
A lair as a prime minister
Lazy public services , lazy Trinis
Bad customer service
Overprices
No future for the next generation
Idiotic Trinis
Dishonest pp
Red government idiots

Think about it.

You're right about everything. The only thing holding back is friends and family.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 12th, 2021, 12:05 pm

Well there is FaceTime do why not buss out ? When you say family you mean parents ? Just buy good health insurance and you can leave worry free

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 12th, 2021, 12:34 pm

Other countries should be very careful about allowing our Trinidadian brothers and sisters entry.

The irresponsibility, poor work etiquette and cleanliness is a concerning factor.

Very sad that a genuine hard working Trini has to pay the price for the actions of others.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 12th, 2021, 12:36 pm

If said Trini going about it the legal way, then is nobody else business,unlike certain Illegal immigrants from other places
MaxPower wrote:Other countries should be very careful about allowing our Trinidadian brothers and sisters entry.

The irresponsibility, poor work etiquette and cleanliness is a concerning factor.

Very sad that a genuine hard working Trini has to pay the price for the actions of others.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 12th, 2021, 12:46 pm

Yes. If I had what you have their I done gone long time..
You sticking. Zoom said it best...

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 12:48 pm

wtf wrote:

Yes. If I had what you have their I done gone long time..
You sticking. Zoom said it best...

The only thing is friends and family....won't you miss your family here? Away kinda lonelier.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 12:49 pm

MaxPower wrote:Other countries should be very careful about allowing our Trinidadian brothers and sisters entry.

Very true MaxPower.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 12th, 2021, 1:12 pm

buss out dan , u can make new frens & there is always d net to keep in touch with current frens & family

parents not gonna live forever & i sure they rather see u progress than remain stagnant in ur life ... at d end of d day u hadda do what bess for ur self

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » April 12th, 2021, 1:56 pm

Man acting like he's moving to Mars on a space mission. You are literally a plane ticket away from friends and family. Not to mention video calling and it's basically like you are there with them anyhow.

Lonely? There are people who are sent to warzones who spend over a year away from their families. You are migrating with a job offer and secured residency status. You have it better than 99% of the people who going to those countries "desperate".

Is the "job offer" stacking a shelf in ya uncle's corner shop or sweeping the street?

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » April 12th, 2021, 2:04 pm

If yuh have to go, do it before wife/kids/mortgage.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » April 12th, 2021, 2:08 pm

If yuh have to go, get rid of the Trini mentality entirely.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 12th, 2021, 2:11 pm

If yuh have to go, carry me.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » April 12th, 2021, 2:29 pm

For the younger folks .

This present day Trinidad is not suited for your growth, career and status of life. Trinidad stuns your delvopment.

We have a backward thinking red government that is only seeking store clerks and waiter's .

Take the plunged and try abroad. It does not have to be USA or UK.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 2:34 pm

MaxPower wrote:If yuh have to go, get rid of the Trini mentality entirely.

Any advice on how to do this? Thanks for the advice.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 2:35 pm

wtf wrote:If yuh have to go, carry me.

a/s/l

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 12th, 2021, 2:49 pm

trinidad and tobago is eventually heading for a collapse imo. its no secret that the world moving to greener energies. and when that takes a solid hold what will happen to us here? we have no fall back sector. and after decades of mismanagement of the billions we receive we are a bloated economy. when the chickens come home to roost, imo, the layoffs and cut in expenditure needed to balance the economy will be significant. i feel between 2030 and 2035 (by that time several countries pledged to make the sale of motor vehicles illegal for instance, another sign that by then greener energy will be the status quo) is when we shall see things for what they really are in tnt. so if u can do it. leave. or work and get that experience so when u ready to buss out u have 10+ years of nice experience in a solid work in your field. just my 2 cents

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Leaving Trinidad for good...

Postby MaxPower » April 12th, 2021, 3:14 pm

SuperiorMan wrote:

Hello SuperiorMan,

Sure i will be happy to attempt to answer your question.

1. Make up your bed every morning.
2. Be on time for work.
3. Lose the attitude and get rid of the annoying “roll eye” and “steups”.
4. Do not be lazy, ignorant, incompetent and complacent.
5. Do not make liming, partying, feting, zessing and wessing a priority.
6. Get productive.
7. Stop making excuses.
8. Obey the law.
9. Clean up after yourself and do not litter.
10. Stand together/Help eachother.
11. Lose the slang and speak properly.
12. Be responsible.
13. Be respectful to others including animals.

Hope this helps.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » April 12th, 2021, 3:22 pm

I definitely don't qualify as a Trini, except for the slang part.But then again, foreigners have slang as well, probably the worst are blokes from England with cockney accents or the Irish.So I am not a Trini by Max's definition.My life was a lie /wrists
MaxPower wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Hello SuperiorMan,

2. Be on time for work.
6. Get productive.
7. Stop making excuses.
8. Obey the law.
12. Be responsible.

Hope this helps.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 12th, 2021, 4:27 pm

If Trinidad is doomed to fail, why aren't the rich leaving? Seems like they love it here.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » April 12th, 2021, 4:36 pm

wtf wrote:If Trinidad is doomed to fail, why aren't the rich leaving? Seems like they love it here.

They can't make it anywhere else. They will struggle in the real world where they don't have the power and wealth to influence politicians for contracts etc. The wealthy don't even pay for their children's education in TT.

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 12th, 2021, 4:38 pm

Redress10 wrote:
wtf wrote:If Trinidad is doomed to fail, why aren't the rich leaving? Seems like they love it here.

They can't make it anywhere else. They will struggle in the real world where they don't have the power and wealth to influence politicians for contracts etc. The wealthy don't even pay for their children's education in TT.
Is there anything to look forward to by sticking it out and staying in Trinidad?
Anything?

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 4:46 pm

MaxPower wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:

Hello SuperiorMan,

2. Be on time for work.
6. Get productive.
7. Stop making excuses.
8. Obey the law.
12. Be responsible.

Hope this helps.

Thank you MaxPower.....this is powerful advice.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 4:48 pm

I know some who sent their kids to universities in the states....some of them stayed there.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 12th, 2021, 5:03 pm

Mostly eternal employees and workers look to leave..entrepreneurs or those of that mindset see opportunity where workers don't..

Workers always ready to leave for the next wuk,so no surprise they would see the grass being greener over there and see only gloom here.

Typical disgruntled employees ,but it would never be really home..no matter how you try to degrade your country and not see any positives,you are a Trini and will always be one until your die..

And if you think sheit goes down here then clearly you're not familiar with the twisted US..

By all means make your move to percieved betterment,but always respect home , because if things dont work out it's back home you're headed.

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » April 12th, 2021, 5:10 pm

And what about the many foreigners that came here temporarily and haven't left ? I'm talking about Americans,British,French,Germans,Portuguese,Asians etc..

Including recent European subcontractors and foreign employees for OAS etc..,oil company expats,former SUATT officers from the UK, sport coaches,teachers, instructors, Yachties etc,even they can see the potential here that some of us can't..

And it all over the world that's feeling the economic downturn not T&T alone....our problems are chicken feed compared to theirs...our debt to gdp is much lower also..if you cmat make it here you cant make it anywhere,and if you can make it anywhere you can make it here..

But run like dem Vene if allyuh want..

SuperiorMan wrote:

I know some who sent their kids to universities in the states....some of them stayed there.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 5:34 pm

VII wrote:And what about the many foreigners that came here temporarily and haven't left ? I'm talking about Americans,British,French,Germans,Portuguese,Asians etc..

Including recent European subcontractors and foreign employees for OAS etc..,oil company expats,former SUATT officers from the UK, sport coaches,teachers, instructors, Yachties etc,even they can see the potential here that some of us can't..

And it all over the world that's feeling the economic downturn not T&T alone....our problems are chicken feed compared to theirs...our debt to gdp is much lower also..if you cmat make it here you cant make it anywhere,and if you can make it anywhere you can make it here..

But run like dem Vene if allyuh want..

SuperiorMan wrote:

Making 100k+ USD a year isn't running like a vene but ok dude lol.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » April 12th, 2021, 5:34 pm

wtf wrote:
Redress10 wrote:

Is there anything to look forward to by sticking it out and staying in Trinidad?
Anything?

It depends on what you want out of life. The wealthy in Trinidad enjoy influence they can't reproduce in any other developed nation on the planet so they don't have an incentive to leave.

You feel the 1% cud go places like NY or London pull strings the way they do in TT? Just the currency exchange alone and property prices will wipe out a significant amount of their wealth. There are ppl in NY who routinely buy homes for upwards of 40 million usd just to park their money. You need a different level of wealth to be influential in those countries.

Another factor is they won't be able to profit via tenderpreneurship in the developed world. Over there is alot more free market and innovation. Less who you know and more "how good are you".

Life is what you make it. If you want to be competitive in the world and get off this small island then by all means go. Consider things such as healthcare, safety, education etc for your children. All of those things are probably exponentially better in a move developed country but they also come at a higher cost. If you think that it will be automatically better then you probably in for a shock.

Alot of trinis haven't realise that the problem with the country is trinis. If trinis change and improve then the country will improve.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » April 12th, 2021, 5:47 pm

100k usd per year. You throw up a lil grill and sell some fries and chicken and you make that ez.

All them gyro men and food vendors making bank easy easy

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » April 12th, 2021, 5:50 pm

Redress10 wrote:100k usd per year. You throw up a lil grill and sell some fries and chicken and you make that ez.

All them gyro men and food vendors making bank easy easy

lol.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”