Forums

USD account

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Galvatron
Sweet on this forum

USD account

Postby Galvatron » April 20th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Recently opened a USD account. My bank require proof of funds deposited into the account.

I recently bought some USD from a visiting national. Seeing that only financial institutions have the authority to buy and sell forex, is there anyway I can get around this and deposit the cash into my account?

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: USD account

Postby A172 » April 20th, 2019, 3:54 pm

nah no way to deposit as an individual
sell me it if u aint want the cash nah

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 20th, 2019, 5:24 pm

you can buy or sell things for us dollars. keep your receipt or invoice though

if it is a large amount, al-rawi will take it

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 20th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Galvatron wrote:Recently opened a USD account. My bank require proof of funds deposited into the account.

I recently bought some USD from a visiting national. Seeing that only financial institutions have the authority to buy and sell forex, is there anyway I can get around this and deposit the cash into my account?
Can't you say it was a gift??

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » April 20th, 2019, 8:40 pm

Many folks return home after vacationing with foreign currency they didn't use and just deposit same to their US$ account.
This is sometimes done after holding at home for quite a long while.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 20th, 2019, 8:47 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
Galvatron wrote:Recently opened a USD account. My bank require proof of funds deposited into the account.

Can't you say it was a gift??

you can, but if you get 'gifts' every time you deposit, the bank will file suspicious activity reports and al-rawi will seize the money.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » April 20th, 2019, 9:55 pm

It’s a gift. You hosted some family, drive them around, took them out, they stayed by you, had a good time. They have you the money as thanks

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 21st, 2019, 7:14 am

The way things going boy, buy a Serta in Pricesmart. The bank will just take your money and then tell you it not available when you want it.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » April 21st, 2019, 7:36 am

maj. tom wrote:The way things going boy, buy a Serta in Pricesmart. The bank will just take your money and then tell you it not available when you want it.

Yes I don’t think anyone warned him about this . To get back money from US$ accounts is pressure . As you walk out the door it’s given to someone else at their increased exchange rate and won’t be available physically to you , they will then hit you all the Goldilocks and 3 bears story after

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » April 21st, 2019, 7:44 am

Don't forget is about $6us service charge per month depends on the bank

Gem_in_i
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Gem_in_i » April 21st, 2019, 7:50 am

Kenjo wrote:
maj. tom wrote:The way things going boy, buy a Serta in Pricesmart. The bank will just take your money and then tell you it not available when you want it.

Yes I don’t think anyone warned him about this . To get back money from US$ accounts is pressure . As you walk out the door it’s given to someone else at their increased exchange rate and won’t be available physically to you , they will then hit you all the Goldilocks and 3 bears story after

This! Cant get your own money or the amount you want, anytime you want.

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » April 21st, 2019, 8:58 am

the service fees is a killer.

I cant get USD from the bank but they taking out of my account every month. I made a request that they take the fee from my TTD account because I need USD to do biz and it already hard to get and my account manager flat out said no sorry not possible.

So i stop using the account and what little USD was left in there evaporated into fees and the account racked up a negative balance.

I am currently posting this while in hiding.

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » April 21st, 2019, 2:53 pm

Carefull your monthly service charges are more than interest on the account....rbc likes big balances to break even on interest

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » April 21st, 2019, 3:39 pm

Can you accept payment in USD?

"Sell" an asset, show receipt for proof of funds.

:/

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » April 21st, 2019, 3:52 pm

xtech wrote:the service fees is a killer.

I cant get USD from the bank but they taking out of my account every month. I made a request that they take the fee from my TTD account because I need USD to do biz and it already hard to get and my account manager flat out said no sorry not possible.

Word.

xtech wrote:I am currently posting this while in hiding.

:lol:

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » April 23rd, 2019, 12:04 am

If is not much (under 2k) best keep home.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » April 23rd, 2019, 4:16 am

Gem_in_i wrote:
Kenjo wrote:

This! Cant get your own money or the amount you want, anytime you want.
Could never understand why this happens .....it's your cash you deposit into your account and you cannot get it whether it's one week , one month or one year later.......banking system sickening in tnt.....especially for Forex.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » April 23rd, 2019, 6:36 am

Well they take it and invest the money to make more money for the shareholders, and return a very meagre interest to your account. The amount deposited is written on records, but the cash is gone to investors. That's how banks work.

But the issue is that there's an artificial USD shortage created by the government and banks, so it's no sense giving them your hard cash and you cannot get it back when you want it. And the interest on the account is so little, it does not make sense for a private citizen to even open a USD account these days, unless you're a businessman who needs the USD account to do trade.

And that's the way they want to keep the middle class. Make sure the gap is always there.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 23rd, 2019, 9:31 am

SR wrote:Carefull your monthly service charges are more than interest on the account....rbc likes big balances to break even on interest

The paltry US$ I have in a UTC US account luckily attracts no service fees. The quarterly interest is around 0.8% now down from 6% when I first took out that account.

Stress to access the money though.

Rockram
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rockram » April 23rd, 2019, 1:51 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
SR wrote:Carefull your monthly service charges are more than interest on the account....rbc likes big balances to break even on interest

The paltry US$ I have in a UTC US account luckily attracts no service fees. The quarterly interest is around 0.8% now down from 6% when I first took out that account.

It's stress to get the hard currency but i recently withdrew all my USD funds from Unit Trust easily via a CITIBANK Check, used most for the MPC IPO and opened an account with JMMB with the balance, one of the few banks that offer zero fees on a Forex Account.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » April 25th, 2019, 10:02 am

Rockram wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

It's stress to get the hard currency but i recently withdrew all my USD funds from Unit Trust easily via a CITIBANK Check, used most for the MPC IPO and opened an account with JMMB with the balance, one of the few banks that offer zero fees on a Forex Account.

How hard is it to get physical US$ in JMMB?

Rockram
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rockram » April 25th, 2019, 7:49 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
Rockram wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:

How hard is it to get physical US$ in JMMB?

Easier than the UTC for sure... Only withdrew 300$... Got that NP.

EL JEFE
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EL JEFE » April 25th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Deposit in small amounts.

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » January 21st, 2020, 11:41 am

Been reading the posts. So is there any way to invest my usd in Trinidad and gain decent interest?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » January 21st, 2020, 11:51 am

Found out yesterday that a certain Bank - the reason why you get problems to get foreign Exchange for your company is Because youre NOT a borrowing customer- to hell with the Fact that you have been banking with them for over 40 years... if youre NOT a borrowing customer then you are not on a preferred list to get FOREX.
So screw relationships with the bank, its all about if you owe them money .....

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » January 22nd, 2020, 7:27 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:Found out yesterday that a certain Bank - the reason why you get problems to get foreign Exchange for your company is Because youre NOT a borrowing customer- to hell with the Fact that you have been banking with them for over 40 years... if youre NOT a borrowing customer then you are not on a preferred list to get FOREX.
This is true. I know someone that's been a business customer with them for years and because he does not need to borrow from them ...or any bank at all....they forced him to take a loan saying that's the only way he would access their forex supply for his business needs.

Sad state of affairs is this place called Trinidad .

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » January 22nd, 2020, 9:25 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:Found out yesterday that a certain Bank - the reason why you get problems to get foreign Exchange for your company is Because youre NOT a borrowing customer- to hell with the Fact that you have been banking with them for over 40 years... if youre NOT a borrowing customer then you are not on a preferred list to get FOREX.

the previous central bank governor attempted to change the forex distribution system by authorizing more dealers and moving forex control away from the banking cartel.

that central bank governor also named where the forex went - certain businesses got hundred of millions of US$ funds while the average man gets blanked outright. The governor's blog claims 80% of the forex supply is consumed by 20% of the total demand.

The governor was fired by Imbert and nobody said boo. We deserve what we get.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 25th, 2020, 9:51 pm

^^

He sued the State .

Sued = Court Action

He won !!!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » January 26th, 2020, 1:56 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^

He sued the State .

Sued = Court Action

He won !!!
Didn't realise the matter concluded, nice

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » January 26th, 2020, 12:55 pm

sMASH wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:^^

He sued the State .

Sued = Court Action

He won !!!
Didn't realise the matter concluded, nice

Gov't will appeal the ruling .

He will win . And he will be the richest EX Gov in Trinidad :D :D :D

Gov't use the tax payer $$$$ to F.. the taxpayer ..

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”