TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Is carnival about showing off your money now?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

FordeG
3NE 2NR for life

Is carnival about showing off your money now?

Postby FordeG » February 28th, 2019, 4:24 pm

I've made anti carnival posts here before, mainly due to the vulgarity on display. But I've also noticed how shallow and blatant the showing off and blinging the festival has become.

It's basically a who's who of showing off who has the most money. It's such a shame.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Re: Is carnival about showing off your money now?

Postby Slartibartfast » February 28th, 2019, 4:39 pm

Nope, that's what T&T is becoming about now. Carnival is just naturally a part of that.

I wonder how many replies it would take before somebody proves my point and calls you a sufferer for even asking.

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » February 28th, 2019, 4:47 pm

It has been for quite a while. It has always been more about the spectacle more than actually enjoying oneself. Between the hangovers, swollen ankles, drained bank accounts and peeling skin, it has moved to making sure that others know you are enjoying yourself rather than actually enjoying yourself. Which is why many persons from sando and other corners of TnT flock to POS to play with the large, expensive bands rather than stay and play in south, or Point Fortin, or Chag etc.

Just replace Fyre festival with Carnival. Its pretty much the same.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » February 28th, 2019, 4:58 pm

Op create this thread, build up hype and then drop off yes lol. Looking forward to part 2.

For me personally, I don't really see the sense in sinning your soul every year by promoting unethical and immoral practices, creating new babies without fathers, spreading STDs, setting back yourself financially and perpetuating escalating crime all to go for ashes on the wednesday and expect God to forgive us. Doing the same thing year over year and expecting different results is insanity.

I like many trinis would either be out of the island or probably down by a beach house for the 4 days than to be in stinky pos. To each their own.

Who doh like what I say, please do not disappoint me, you need to get cracking with that keyboard and express your dissatisfaction. Do it well and with class.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 28th, 2019, 6:02 pm

Wah is the deal with all these carnival debates?? Everybody has their vices, just leave dem be.....geeezzz...

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » February 28th, 2019, 8:03 pm

That's modern consumerism and capitalism at play. If Carnival was to remain something that sounds like a Paul Keens Douglas monologue, it would been dead not long after the high powered Pokemon music called soca took off.

Carnival tries its best to keep current with cultural norms so Carnival eh the problem; is you, OP. You like them old men who complaining that modern sports overpowered and aggressively designed, and they still hoping for the little red Barchetta to make a comeback.

I never cared for Carnival past it being an annual 4 day weekend, but is not my money spending on fetes and them sad looking male costumes.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » February 28th, 2019, 8:09 pm

yeah but how that really affecting you though OP? Checking your post history dey... you should carry a tree with you at all times to replace the oxygen you wasting on this planet.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 28th, 2019, 9:11 pm

Op, I'm not saying you are, but your posts make you sound like a racial, religious fanatic who thinks his ideology and opinions should be forced on others. You know, like the religious bigots that have the holier than thou stance but then get caught out for bulling little boys. Im not saying you are,It just sounds that way.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 28th, 2019, 9:14 pm

I remember op stated in another post that his son saw some tiddddies in some fete or parade or something and like op was upset with what his son was exposed to....op do you prefer your son watching men in speedos

FordeG
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FordeG » February 28th, 2019, 9:17 pm

Fine, I'm religoius and proud of my virtue.

I do have a problem of what carnival has become. A lewd, grotesque display of sexual inhibition and exhibitionism. That is something many many people are disappointed in.

However, I'm appalled at level of 'bling' required now to participate. I overheard a coworker boasting today that he and his wife spent 30k+ on carnival so far. Boasting eh! Like if that is supposed to impress anyone. He also boasting how his wife wearing a thong on carnival Tuesday. Again, this level of thinking is beyond me. Imagine hundreds of men seeing your wife practically naked and you boasting about it.

The level of oppulance and greed being thrown in our faces is appalling.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » February 28th, 2019, 9:23 pm

So if the man wife wear a thong on the beach and everyone watches....close down the beach?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 28th, 2019, 9:25 pm

I agree with you 100% what I'm saying is that everybody is free to make their own choice ,at their own risk without someone judging them. Being judgemental is also a sin. Take a look at yourself ,take the beam out of your own eye so you can see to remove the more from other people's eyes. I was particularly amazed by your opinion on zee TV shows and people who watch them.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » February 28th, 2019, 9:35 pm

Man send me back to read the story of the Pharisee and the tax collector .

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » February 28th, 2019, 9:57 pm

If yuh eh like it ... Fly out ... Society globally is all about the "life"

Let those that want to spend their money on fete and carnival do so...
And you can spend your time in church praying for all

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 28th, 2019, 10:16 pm

I haffi show dem ah har mornee.
Muss play mass..
Big gol chain, some expensive jink in hand, Instagram pics etc
Ollor eh know who is me oh wah?

Yea, i izza kant

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » February 28th, 2019, 10:20 pm

But everything in life is about showing off your money.
Ent yuh want fancy car, fancy house, fancy clothes?

People even try to outdo each other in houses of worship and pass judgement on others for material things.

Convince me otherwise.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » February 28th, 2019, 10:24 pm

This person call one of my guys to install an ac unit.

I carried him as he dont have a vehicle.
Person just wanted to know that their own more expensive than the neighbour own. And put it where the neighbor can see it.

Why I cant get customers like that jed?
Last edited by nervewrecker on February 28th, 2019, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » February 28th, 2019, 10:53 pm

Sigh OP OP OP OP...

You sound depressed. Yuh cant be going fete and staring down people who showing off and checking their money and then beating up with jealousy...u suffering or something?

It must suck to be unattractive and broke.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 1st, 2019, 12:04 am

^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

OP a next carnival ched?

...and wuz yuh religion?

Someone spending 30K on carnival sounds stupid and you not ketching me doing that, but it bothering you? It not bothering me. Is your 30K? Is not mine either so your co-worker could spend it however he wants.

So if the man wife want to go in public like that for Carnival, that bothering you too? Is your wife?

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » March 1st, 2019, 1:14 am

OP please don’t go on a killing spree eh

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » March 1st, 2019, 2:36 am

Op, thaz d trini mentality bai. Rob, kill, jordans, tiida, 1 guiness, repeat...and watch the world burn.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 1st, 2019, 5:03 am

FordeG,
you coming across like a mentally unstable religious zealot with a seriously annoying holier than thou complex who's trying desperately to veil your envy of other people's lifestyles and possessions.
if a person decides to spend a cool million on Carnival, and have a bevy of 18 year old beauties in body painted thongs pleasure him, how exactly is that any of your business? and why do you so desperately feel the need to tell people that you don't like what they're doing & what they should or shouldn't do, particularly when what they're doing doesn't have anything to do with you?

if you feel like you really need a good cause to harp on, here's a suggestion.
go to church and tell priest/pastor/whatever that since you're one of the congregation that routinely pays your tithes and offerings, you want to see the church's financial records and current revenues and expenses and receipts to determine whether or not you should continue giving them your money, because you want to know where your tithes and offerings being spent. if they ask why you want to see that just say you want to see if it's being used to help the less fortunate, or if he using the money to finance his own lifestyle.
let us all know how it works out and your findings.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 1st, 2019, 6:23 am

Op, we responding to your thread and you gone?

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » March 1st, 2019, 8:24 am

88sins wrote:FordeG,
you coming across like a mentally unstable religious zealot with a seriously annoying holier than thou complex who's trying desperately to veil your envy of other people's lifestyles and possessions.
if a person decides to spend a cool million on Carnival, and have a bevy of 18 year old beauties in body painted thongs pleasure him, how exactly is that any of your business? and why do you so desperately feel the need to tell people that you don't like what they're doing & what they should or shouldn't do, particularly when what they're doing doesn't have anything to do with you?

if you feel like you really need a good cause to harp on, here's a suggestion.
go to church and tell priest/pastor/whatever that since you're one of the congregation that routinely pays your tithes and offerings, you want to see the church's financial records and current revenues and expenses and receipts to determine whether or not you should continue giving them your money, because you want to know where your tithes and offerings being spent. if they ask why you want to see that just say you want to see if it's being used to help the less fortunate, or if he using the money to finance his own lifestyle.
let us all know how it works out and your findings.

you left out racist as well... apparently he doesn't like his neighbours watching zee tv either

believe the user's an indo trini with a hilux, about two kids, decent home (but on the corner lot), hitting up one of them churches to give 10% every month

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 1st, 2019, 8:49 am

Op....how did you feel when you heard members of the clergy were touching children??

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » March 1st, 2019, 8:51 am

FordeG wrote:Fine, I'm religoius and proud of my virtue.

I do have a problem of what carnival has become. A lewd, grotesque display of sexual inhibition and exhibitionism. That is something many many people are disappointed in.

However, I'm appalled at level of 'bling' required now to participate. I overheard a coworker boasting today that he and his wife spent 30k+ on carnival so far. Boasting eh! Like if that is supposed to impress anyone. He also boasting how his wife wearing a thong on carnival Tuesday. Again, this level of thinking is beyond me. Imagine hundreds of men seeing your wife practically naked and you boasting about it.

The level of oppulance and greed being thrown in our faces is appalling.
OP why does another man's wife wearing a thong upset you so? Is it because you are afraid that you lack the mental fortitude to resist impure thoughts or are you envious that you do not have a wife that anybody else finds attractive? Maybe the couple both like to show of their beauty. This may surprise you but there are faithful couple that are consensual in their taking part in the lewd behaviour of Carnival. What is immoral about that? Some people are proud of what they worked hard for and like to show it off. Like a good physique. You ever see anybody driving around with a skyline covered in a burka?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 1st, 2019, 9:03 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Op....how did you feel when you heard members of the clergy were touching children??

and I wonder what were his thoughts when it was discovered that so called religious leaders were found to be engaging in homosexual activities, and when it came to light that many so called religious leaders only got involved in the church a weak attempt to fight their homosexual urges, a battle they usually quietly lose, all unbeknownst to their congregation.

tr1ad
2NR phototakerouter

Postby tr1ad » March 1st, 2019, 9:27 am

allyuh is usurpers in here yes

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » March 1st, 2019, 10:00 am

All this thong talk....

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » March 1st, 2019, 10:01 am

Thread defeated by lewdness

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”