Forums

More people begging...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

kstt
Riding on 16's

Re: More people begging...

Postby kstt » September 17th, 2018, 6:44 am

Have a decently dressed man outside KFC Couva who selling paintings (he trying). I give when I see him. Really sad cause I can understand how embarrassing he must feel but he has to do it to survive.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 17th, 2018, 7:08 am

K74T wrote:Image

Dem was in de cricket and all too

Dem mc and them....somebody hadda investigate them...you know how long them collecting to build something

daron
Sweet on this forum

Postby daron » September 17th, 2018, 7:41 am

I walking my dog yesterday morning normal routine, a man & his wife "oh small man here me Na 2 wheel stud now break out & i come to see a man i know up the but he not home i going market yu could give me ah lil passage" i just say na & continue if yu going market how your going to buy stuff

cosmo
Ricer

Postby cosmo » September 17th, 2018, 8:42 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:

Dem mc and them....somebody hadda investigate them...you know how long them collecting to build something
so true

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » September 17th, 2018, 8:55 am

daron wrote:I walking my dog yesterday morning normal routine, a man & his wife "oh small man here me Na 2 wheel stud now break out & i come to see a man i know up the but he not home i going market yu could give me ah lil passage" i just say na & continue if yu going market how your going to buy stuff

The well prepared sob stories usually follow a basic pattern:

a. Preface with "Good Morning/Day/Evening/Night, I don't mean to disturb you and I don't normally do this/beg eh, but..."
b. Relate that some unfortunate event has occured.
c. Show they tried to get help from a legitimate source which didn't work out.
d. So now they're "asking for a help".

Just Saturday gone, mankind get hit up with this one from a well spoken middle-aged gentleman:

*He want's me to know that he doesn't beg but...
*He's from Point Fortin, only travels by bus and there are no buses running from San Fernando to Point Fortin this afternoon. Unfortunately he only has bus tickets, no money.
*He walked all the way up from King's Wharf to KFC on Coffee street to see if he could borrow money from his pardner who works there. Said pardner didn't come out to work, so...
*...he wants to know if I can help him with full passage to get home to Point Fortin.

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » September 17th, 2018, 10:16 pm

One showed up at my door tonight. Had to check the camera feeds to make sure she had no friends waiting; just had her 2 children in the driveway. Sh claimed to live in the area and asked for assistance as she needs passage for her children to travel to school.

I told her this far into the month my pockets are dry. She and her children left and seemed to hit every property along the street next. May sound callous but the way how trinis moving the smartman game forward, I have no interest in charity or humanitarian work. My mother in law took her soft heart for a family in her area and in short time, the mother who initiated the begging, and the children would drop by to ask for something. Then the father would show up too. Not me and that.

toyota2nr
18 pounds of Boost

Postby toyota2nr » September 17th, 2018, 10:34 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Great is the pnm?

Same thing I tell them...

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » September 18th, 2018, 6:10 am

cosmo wrote:

so true
They movin in d stands too yes......no mounds...

killercow
Riding on 17's

Postby killercow » May 12th, 2019, 12:12 am

Imagine I gone Rock Pack and see dem dey too! Wdmc
rebound wrote:
cosmo wrote:

so true
They movin in d stands too yes......no mounds...

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » May 12th, 2019, 4:23 am

Les Bain wrote:One showed up at my door tonight. Had to check the camera feeds to make sure she had no friends waiting; just had her 2 children in the driveway. Sh claimed to live in the area and asked for assistance as she needs passage for her children to travel to school.

I told her this far into the month my pockets are dry. She and her children left and seemed to hit every property along the street next. May sound callous but the way how trinis moving the smartman game forward, I have no interest in charity or humanitarian work. My mother in law took her soft heart for a family in her area and in short time, the mother who initiated the begging, and the children would drop by to ask for something. Then the father would show up too. Not me and that.

i duz tell dis kind so that i wasnt dey when she open she leg an get the pleasure so y i hadda giv she chirren money. it have one in curepe, d woman look about late 30's wit 2 chirren under 10, she more dan capable of gettin ah wuk. trinicity mall have one who does vex when yuh blank dem. i duz really wonder if them feel people chuppid so, wen dey was taking they tolie and bawlin out god name if dey duz was studyin that dey cyah mind chirren so y dey open they leg with no rubber, an if it was ah accident yuh get breed yuh aint learn from yuh mistake after the first one. but 99% ah d ppl outside here dotish yes.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 12th, 2019, 10:13 am

begging is on the rise for sure. and not because all that begging have to.
I been approached by a few of them over the years, but it have an easy way to sort out who really doing it cuz they desperate from the lazy useless hustlers.
Offer them a small job, could be anything. If they approach you while you home, offer them a job. any simple task, but it shouldn't be something that they can finish in less than 20 minutes. They begging for $5, offer them $50 to wash your car, or rake leaves, or clear a gutter, or clean your windows.
The genuinely desperate ones that don't want to beg but feel like they have no other option and still have some pride left will be glad to get the little extra, and some would even ask to make it a regular thing. Some might even ask you if you know which of your neighbors looking for someone to do odd jobs.
The hustlers eh go want no part of any kind of work. they rather beg for $5 and get it and go than work for $30, because in their warped mind, begging is work, and you asking them to do anything for the money they want you to give them is you being outta timing.

hadda weed out the bullshitters and hustlers and sprangers in the making. because they really make it difficult for the people that asking for help to get it.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » May 12th, 2019, 10:26 am

Begging is a business for most. Just check some of the groups on fb.....people begging and next few days they selling the items received

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 1st, 2020, 10:59 am

myself just like many others who became unemployed during d covid shutdown have only now opened back my business doors , 1st person to come in d store wanted reapirs which i dont do then 2nd person [a old man i recall he came here b4 while back] is looking for a donation cause he say covid affected everybody & he want to explain his predicament

i told him in a nice way i now open my shop & have not sold anything yet, he said well if u cud give something personal , i repeated what i said & if i havent sold anything i cant give

he might feel ahow like ise ah greedy heartless man but jes like everybody else i wasnt earning any income over d past 9-10wks since my store was closed ...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 1st, 2020, 11:05 am

Rovin wrote:myself just like many others who became unemployed during d covid shutdown have only now opened back my business doors , 1st person to come in d store wanted reapirs which i dont do then 2nd person [a old man i recall he came here b4 while back] is looking for a donation cause he say covid affected everybody & he want to explain his predicament

i told him in a nice way i now open my shop & have not sold anything yet, he said well if u cud give something personal , i repeated what i said & if i havent sold anything i cant give

he might feel ahow like ise ah greedy heartless man but jes like everybody else i wasnt earning any income over d past 9-10wks since my store was closed ...
I don't ever give them any money , I will offer to buy them a meal & drink and most times they refuse.

Some times I give them a lil yard work

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 1st, 2020, 12:30 pm

Vote PNM ,the solution to all problems. No more begging . Everybody will be well off .

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » June 1st, 2020, 1:55 pm

Rovin wrote:myself just like many others who became unemployed during d covid shutdown have only now opened back my business doors , 1st person to come in d store wanted reapirs which i dont do then 2nd person [a old man i recall he came here b4 while back] is looking for a donation cause he say covid affected everybody & he want to explain his predicament

One come by me last week as soon as I reopened after 8 weeks asking for help to buy something to cook.

She didn't know I see she earlier eating some kiss cake and chocolate bar and drinking a big coke walking on the road. When I tell she that she shoulda buy or beg for a bread instead she get vex.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 1st, 2020, 1:59 pm

see how all these con artists does make it bad for d genuine ppl in need

so now we hadda blank everybody from a side ... :|

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 1st, 2020, 2:04 pm

Rovin wrote:see how all these con artists does make it bad for d genuine ppl in need

Bro just keep a lil kiss cake/snack and chubby in your bussiness to give to them. Dont ever give them money, that's what PNM for cuase they care

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » June 1st, 2020, 2:17 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Rovin wrote:see how all these con artists does make it bad for d genuine ppl in need

Bro just keep a lil kiss cake/snack and chubby in your bussiness to give to them. Dont ever give them money, that's what PNM for cuase they care

good advice there.

1 mixpack sunshine snack = 20
1 mixpack kisscake = 25
1 case chubby = 30

anybody come could get a lil holdout bag with a snack, cake and a lil soft drink

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 9th, 2021, 12:01 pm

allyuh doh find this ppl walking up to u with some sad stories for $ getting to be over too much now

is like u can barely go a day without ppl approaching u

doh even talk about in price plaza , is like every 50ft u walk about 3-4 different persons coming by with some story or want to sell u some sh1t u doh have no real use for or that u already own ...

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 9th, 2021, 12:35 pm

Rovin wrote:allyuh doh find this ppl walking up to u with some sad stories for $ getting to be over too much now

doh even talk about in price plaza , is like every 50ft u walk about 3-4 different persons coming by with some story or want to sell u some sh1t u doh have no real use for or that u already own ...
They probably have no other option..

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » April 9th, 2021, 12:47 pm

Rovin wrote:allyuh doh find this ppl walking up to u with some sad stories for $ getting to be over too much now

tarzan
Sweet on this forum

Postby tarzan » April 9th, 2021, 1:26 pm

hydroep wrote:
daron wrote:I walking my dog yesterday morning normal routine, a man & his wife "oh small man here me Na 2 wheel stud now break out & i come to see a man i know up the but he not home i going market yu could give me ah lil passage" i just say na & continue if yu going market how your going to buy stuff

The well prepared sob stories usually follow a basic pattern:

a. Preface with "Good Morning/Day/Evening/Night, I don't mean to disturb you and I don't normally do this/beg eh, but..."
b. Relate that some unfortunate event has occured.
c. Show they tried to get help from a legitimate source which didn't work out.
d. So now they're "asking for a help".

Just Saturday gone, mankind get hit up with this one from a well spoken middle-aged gentleman:

*He want's me to know that he doesn't beg but...
*He's from Point Fortin, only travels by bus and there are no buses running from San Fernando to Point Fortin this afternoon. Unfortunately he only has bus tickets, no money.
*He walked all the way up from King's Wharf to KFC on Coffee street to see if he could borrow money from his pardner who works there. Said pardner didn't come out to work, so...
*...he wants to know if I can help him with full passage to get home to Point Fortin.

encountered the same person some fridays ago....same story...on royal road as well in front of ANSA showroom.....guess thats his sales pitch

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 9th, 2021, 1:52 pm

like i said earlier in this thread , is d effin setta schemers so now u hadda blank all from a side

couple wks ago a middle age injun man come with a police report in he hand as proof oh he was in a bus or maxi & somebody teef he wallet so he need ah 10 to go home , sound genune eh but instinct tell me maybe some of dem will photocopy a police report & change date everyday to work their scheme

how he ketch me i was in d middle of a sale with a customer so to save face b4 customer might think i so stingy ah give him ah $5 even though i asked him why he eh ask a taxi to drop him home & he go pay them , he say he hadda walk in far to his house ... if nobody was in d store i wuda blank him

next day i hear he asked 2 other ppl in d building , 1 said they offer him a phone call for "his relatives to come pick him up" , he said he eh have nobody .... so most likely d 4ker lying to everybody

see why i say u hadda blank all .....

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » April 9th, 2021, 2:48 pm

Cross crossing have a fleet and all dem holding big coils... Offered one to buy food for him instead of giving him money.. Man walk away and stupess... Now anyone dem approach me my jackass behaviour does jump out on them.( cross only clip that is eh)

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 9th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Rovin, I hear yuh eh, & it is enough to make anyone want to write off all of them. But it still have a few people out there that really eh have a choice and would prefer to not having to resort to begging. these are the ones that would suffer the most in the long run when you & everyone else choose to blank everybody.

hadda sort out the bullshitters from the ones genuinely in need fellas, and when you sure they on bs, do not be afraid to embarrass them in front of everybody & show them up for what parasites they are.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » April 9th, 2021, 3:23 pm

Some a little too boldface though,
One asked me for something whilst I was. About to drive out a parking lot
I gave her a choc milk i had, she push she hand inside the window and point at some mints and say she want that too.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » April 9th, 2021, 3:35 pm

I will most likely buy something from you rather than give you money
Except if you have a little child with you.. i will help you no questions asked if you have a young child.

KM_2NR
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby KM_2NR » April 9th, 2021, 3:43 pm

I personally not seeing people begging but I see more people trying to sell your small stuff for cheap like a chocolate bar for $5 or asking for donations for some operation ect .

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » April 9th, 2021, 6:00 pm

Few years back ah healthy looking big arse man ask mih for help(mornee$$). I was using crutches at de time heading for mih old car... 'Boss ah lookin for ah change anyting yuh have tuh spare'. I just tell him "nah pardna I eh hah no money is only card, sorry dey". Man get vex and start bumping how if I wasn't ah cripple he woulda done level me and shtt. I keep on my way and then he start walking towards me ( probably feeling I cyah defend mihself and i'z ah easy take)... Long story short I end up spending 3hrs in de station because I pull on him in the open. Good ting the pharmacy compound had ah camera.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”