Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Petrotrin refinery shut down

Postby De Dragon » March 1st, 2021, 11:14 pm

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:agreed. 2010-2015 was the golden years economically

the only better time was under Manning in the early 00's.

Not according to Plastic. According to him the only time in our history when we had good economic times was 2010-2015, and the only GORTT in our history to squander that windfall was the PP :roll:

Dragon.
Again you embellishing exaggerating and outright making up crap.
You worse than ZR.

You asked what tools the UNC has 2010-2015.
You get the list-which also did not include the simple facts that the country was running surpluses, and had about 40B in debt in 2010, with revenue averaging since 2005 at 42B ish

Despite record oil and revenue-the PP elected to borrow,run deficits and raid every state enterprise for cash-and left a ton of unpaid unfinished business on the books.
We ended up in 2015 with 5 years of record revenue (Avg 51B) 70% more debt, 4 years of deficit spending on record budgets, completed but unsettled wage negotiations and of course Billion dollar law suites from the selected contractors...held back until after elections.- and a messy global picture.
And an economy operating at unsustainable level of expenditure.

PNMs time in office didnt force UNC to spend like idiots-infact the fiscal position was a strong one in 2010....maybe they should have continued it.
The PNM not responsible for 2010-2015. UNC is.

I realize that asking you to be balanced is maybe a waste of time, but you consistently only mention PP when replying to any topic on why we ware where we are economically and socially.
No mention of taking the debt to 120 B from 84 B since the LFD RFD PNM took over, DESPITE raiding the HSF several times. No mention of spending on sheit like Toco Port, Arse Wari Sando vanity project, Roundy land buy scandal etc, all while telling people to belt tighten and peel cassava.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » March 2nd, 2021, 12:22 am

sMASH wrote:Steam plant was Starting up a month now, and no production?
Somethings amiss.
Commissioning in progress, steam, front end and reformer online. Commercial production should commence month end .....afaik

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 2nd, 2021, 9:32 am

Numb3r4 wrote:What's going on with NiQuan and World GTL?

Khan said Government has also managed to bring one of Petrotrin’s former projects to fruition by working alongside a private entity called NiQuan Energy Trinidad Ltd.
NiQuan, he said, acquired Petrotrin’s incomplete gas to liquids plant in 2018.
He said it has now successfully completed the plant and commenced commercial production.
Khan said this is a 4,000 barrel a day ultra low sulphur diesel production facility coming out of natural gas.
He said on March 8 he will be officially commissioning the plant.
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 4dd71.html

De Dragon wrote:I realize that asking you to be balanced is maybe a waste of time, but you consistently only mention PP when replying to any topic on why we ware where we are economically and socially.
No mention of taking the debt to 120 B from 84 B since the LFD RFD PNM took over, DESPITE raiding the HSF several times. No mention of spending on sheit like Toco Port, Arse Wari Sando vanity project, Roundy land buy scandal etc, all while telling people to belt tighten and peel cassava.

Toco port hasn't started yet, the Sando Waterfront was in planning since Carolyn Seepersad Bachan and only you know what is "Roundy land buy scandal" besides the regular rubbish you talk.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 9:38 am

Habit7 wrote:
Numb3r4 wrote:What's going on with NiQuan and World GTL?

Khan said Government has also managed to bring one of Petrotrin’s former projects to fruition by working alongside a private entity called NiQuan Energy Trinidad Ltd.
NiQuan, he said, acquired Petrotrin’s incomplete gas to liquids plant in 2018.
He said it has now successfully completed the plant and commenced commercial production.
Khan said this is a 4,000 barrel a day ultra low sulphur diesel production facility coming out of natural gas.
He said on March 8 he will be officially commissioning the plant.
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 4dd71.html
De Dragon wrote:I realize that asking you to be balanced is maybe a waste of time, but you consistently only mention PP when replying to any topic on why we ware where we are economically and socially.

Toco port hasn't started yet, the Sando Waterfront was in planning since Carolyn Seepersad Bachan and only you know what is "Roundy land buy scandal" besides the regular rubbish you talk.
Bullchit

Millions have already been spent on Toco, just like project pride $.5 billion spent and not a truck load of sand to show for it .

The feasibility study is where red government minsters get rich over night

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 2nd, 2021, 10:19 am

Morning Zoombindranath- you on furlough? or time cut for good behaviour?
Nice to have you back- the UNC lickbamsee squad eh have your class.
Show them how its done.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 2nd, 2021, 10:26 am

toco port is unnecessary the tobago airport upgrade is unnecessary... at this point in time. tourism isnt going to pick up in any big way for a few years. spending that money now is reckless. the toco port only advantage is to shorten the sailing time between trini and pos, and thus save the boat companies' some monies. the thing is, the sailing would be shorter, but the trip to the port would be longer.. through pot hole infested regions.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » March 2nd, 2021, 10:29 am

Redman wrote:Morning Zoombindranath- you on furlough? or time cut for good behaviour?
Show them how its done.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 10:32 am

Redman wrote:Morning Zoombindranath- you on furlough? or time cut for good behaviour?
Show them how its done.
I was not coming back on tuner

I sent numerous emails to Duane admin to have my account deleted for calling your prime minister a black failed leader of the red government idiots.

They say that was racist but I don't recall Duane saying anything when the 1% media houses was repeatedly calling panday as the Indian leader of Trinidad

During my absence I got a large number of emails to come back on tuner as alot of spin and posting of red government propaganda was ripe on tuner as posted by yourself and that narcissis P○rnhabit7 and idiot elect2020.
Last edited by zoom rader on March 2nd, 2021, 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 10:37 am

sMASH wrote:toco port is unnecessary the tobago airport upgrade is unnecessary... at this point in time. tourism isnt going to pick up in any big way for a few years. spending that money now is reckless. the toco port only advantage is to shorten the sailing time between trini and pos, and thus save the boat companies' some monies. the thing is, the sailing would be shorter, but the trip to the port would be longer.. through pot hole infested regions.
You don't understand, millions are being spent on a useless feasibility study to make the red government minster extra millionaires on Toco port

Remeber project pride for a cow shed Airport that was never built by the red government.

That cost .5billion and not a grain of sand to show for it.

How much you think they already spent on Toco port?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 2nd, 2021, 10:39 am

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Not according to Plastic. According to him the only time in our history when we had good economic times was 2010-2015, and the only GORTT in our history to squander that windfall was the PP :roll:

Dragon.
You worse than ZR.

You get the list-which also did not include the simple facts that the country was running surpluses, and had about 40B in debt in 2010, with revenue averaging since 2005 at 42B ish

Despite record oil and revenue-the PP elected to borrow,run deficits and raid every state enterprise for cash-and left a ton of unpaid unfinished business on the books.
We ended up in 2015 with 5 years of record revenue (Avg 51B) 70% more debt, 4 years of deficit spending on record budgets, completed but unsettled wage negotiations and of course Billion dollar law suites from the selected contractors...held back until after elections.- and a messy global picture.

PNMs time in office didnt force UNC to spend like idiots-infact the fiscal position was a strong one in 2010....maybe they should have continued it.

I realize that asking you to be balanced is maybe a waste of time, but you consistently only mention PP when replying to any topic on why we ware where we are economically and socially.

Yes I nail the 2010-2015 period because it was the most opportune time for real change to happen.
They got greedy and ballzed it up.
and YOU friggin asked about what tools the UNC had.....now that you know you move the goalpost to my POV.

Your concern with me and my neutrality is touching....however Ive never claimed to be neutral- thats a frigging red herring-you aint, I aint no one is, as Ive said multiple times over the years-its a choice between A and B
Unc or PNM.
Today its PNM-for me since the SOE its been the PNM.
The moment anyone else convinces me that they have the best ideas and plans-they have my vote.

The UNC cant even get there sheeit together to present a cohesive plan.

At the point where UNC becomes the better party then Im game-of course that seems a long way off.
UNC did capital sheit when they had the tools...with a SOE and Section 34 thrown for good measure.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 10:44 am

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Dragon.
You worse than ZR.

Yes I nail the 2010-2015 period because it was the most opportune time for real change to happen.
They got greedy and ballzed it up.
and YOU friggin asked about what tools the UNC had.....now that you know you move the goalpost to my POV.

Your concern with me and my neutrality is touching....however Ive never claimed to be neutral- thats a frigging red herring-you aint, I aint no one is, as Ive said multiple times over the years-its a choice between A and B
Unc or PNM.
Today its PNM-for me since the SOE its been the PNM.
The moment anyone else convinces me that they have the best ideas and plans-they have my vote.

The UNC cant even get there sheeit together to present a cohesive plan.

At the point where UNC becomes the better party then Im game-of course that seems a long way off.
UNC did capital sheit when they had the tools...with a SOE and Section 34 thrown for good measure.
Total bullchit

You and red government others will always vote accordingly to your tribal DNA

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 2nd, 2021, 10:45 am

Exactly-Im Red.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 10:51 am

Redman wrote:Exactly-Im Red.
Self confession is good for your arse soul

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 2nd, 2021, 11:07 am

My arse soul say he red too.
Only a bigger battam dan he would vote UNC.

Them arse souls does say some chit fuh true

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 11:08 am

Redman wrote:My arse soul say he red too.
Only a bigger battam dan he would vote UNC.

Them arse souls does say some chit fuh true
Please we don't want to know about your alternative lifestyle

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 2nd, 2021, 11:29 am

sMASH wrote:toco port is unnecessary the tobago airport upgrade is unnecessary... at this point in time. tourism isnt going to pick up in any big way for a few years. spending that money now is reckless. the toco port only advantage is to shorten the sailing time between trini and pos, and thus save the boat companies' some monies. the thing is, the sailing would be shorter, but the trip to the port would be longer.. through pot hole infested regions.

Typical UNC. Cry for diversification, then lament when diversification efforts are occurring.

In the few years it will take to make tourism rebound, isn't it wise to upgrade your infrastructure to be ready for it? As oil and gas revenues fall, tourism is the ripest avenue for forex income. Only myopic UNC ppl, who hate Tobago ever since the 12-0 defeat, would oppose that.

Govt spends $400m a year subsidising the sea bridge. 2 hrs into the trip from PPOS and you still haven't left Trinidad. It is wiser to let you spend your gas to go to Toco and the $100 return price to Scarborough is a more true unsubsidised prize. But no, allyuh want it stay just so. So we will continue to spend $4B every decade rather than a singular $1B investment and have a port plus economic opportunities in Toco.

It is becoming more and more clear that UNC doesn't want anything in T&T to improve nor do they have any plans on improvements. If things improve they will lose their talking points so they must do things like lament the restructure of Petrotrin and ignore the profitability of HPCL and Paria.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 2nd, 2021, 11:39 am

not yet bro. i know the typical PNM mentality is to buy ur jordans and guess even tho the credit card max out and courts lookin for u.
when either way the citizen paying for the trip. one is via the govt, who taxing the rich and big businesses, and the pnm route is to put it directly to the citizen, who will have to suffer the bad roads and ball joints to go toco.

wha i bet u, the majority of sailings will remain in PoS, toco will only really have east and south east customers.
i think those projects are not worth the money, but if u have to waste it, at least waste it when the covid straighten out, people bustling and eating sumting and tourism is picking up.

hole ah lil strain nah, stop dipping in the HSF when u spending on USELESS projects. more sandals, money spending with little returning back.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 2nd, 2021, 12:11 pm

Yea, according to you govt should spend it on the $2B a year loss-making PT refinery and not spend it on diversification projects which stimulates the economy during construction and earn revenue after completion. In your myopic mind, the road was bad some time ago, so it will forever remain bad so that you can always lament about it. No consideration that road improvement going on right now from Valencia to Toco, but your prerogative is to not improve it.

Cry about potholes, but vex when the money being spent to fix it.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 12:23 pm

Habit7 wrote:Yea, according to you govt should spend it on the $2B a year loss-making PT refinery and not spend it on diversification projects which stimulates the economy during construction and earn revenue after completion. In your myopic mind, the road was bad some time ago, so it will forever remain bad so that you can always lament about it. No consideration that road improvement going on right now from Valencia to Toco, but your prerogative is to not improve it.

Cry about potholes, but vex when the money being spent to fix it.
It will only stimulate red government minsters pockets .

Ordinary citizens continue to get shaft.

You all forgetting project pride

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 2nd, 2021, 12:26 pm

well, some chamber of commerce collective was on cnc3 this morning saying they willing to invest in the the refinery complex. not necessarily the refinery it self, but the other smaller plants that it comprises.

u getting local buy in... could have floated it in the stock exchange.

business people still think its valuable. so yea, spend that 2b per year, for two years to trim the fat. not 2b ad infinitum, just 2 more years till it gets lean and mean and could pass a fitness check in West Shore.

petrotrin shut down 2 years now, where the smooth roads? my suspensions crying...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 12:32 pm

In 2015 I told tuners that Petrotrin was going to be sold off to 1% , no one believed me. So its all coming to pass now.

The red government trade union got played for elections.

Next kant says Petrotrin still operating, but 3500 all got fired.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 12:35 pm

sMASH wrote:well, some chamber of commerce collective was on cnc3 this morning saying they willing to invest in the the refinery complex. not necessarily the refinery it self, but the other smaller plants that it comprises.

business people still think its valuable. so yea, spend that 2b per year, for two years to trim the fat. not 2b ad infinitum, just 2 more years till it gets lean and mean and could pass a fitness check in West Shore.

petrotrin shut down 2 years now, where the smooth roads? my suspensions crying...
Account to P○rnhabit Petrotrin made 800mill profits.

I guess 1% got paid and are accessing once again our money

No roads for you bia

The Minster even said they going to take away your local funding and give to red government areas

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 2nd, 2021, 1:04 pm

sMASH wrote:well, some chamber of commerce collective was on cnc3 this morning saying they willing to invest in the the refinery complex. not necessarily the refinery it self, but the other smaller plants that it comprises.

You keep contradicting yourself.
sMASH wrote:It SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT ONLINE FOR WIDER ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL REASONS RATHER THAN JUST THE BARE BOTTOM LINE, UNTIL THE STAFFING WAS RATIONALIZED.

If the refinery was still open in 2020 with the freefall in demand and price, it would have been $5b in losses, pull down the GoRTT credit rating, no money to pay off workers and it would have been a catastrophe.

Now you are advocating for racist UNC activist Jaishima Leladharsingh to invest in the refinery and keep it closed. The same man who had a qualifying income for an HDC home under the PP, now wants to be a leading role in buying the refinery.

And allyuh thought Roget was bad.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 1:06 pm

Habit7 wrote:

sMASH wrote:It SHOULD HAVE BEEN KEPT ONLINE FOR WIDER ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL REASONS RATHER THAN JUST THE BARE BOTTOM LINE, UNTIL THE STAFFING WAS RATIONALIZED.

If the refinery was still open in 2020 with the freefall in demand and price, it would have been $5b in losses, pull down the GoRTT credit rating, no money to pay off workers and it would have been a catastrophe.

Now you are advocating for racist UNC activist Jaishima Leladharsingh to invest in the refinery and keep it closed. The same man who had a qualifying income for an HDC home under the PP, now wants to be a leading role in buying the refinery.

Red government don't have any racist?

How you know this UNC guy is a racist?

Ent UNC not in power? Their rumblings mean nothing and have no value.

UNC not important at this stage

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 2nd, 2021, 1:25 pm

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » March 2nd, 2021, 1:39 pm

how you covering the additional losses.
Use some numbers...show your working
Tell me how you would do this...and which market you would use.

You making suggestions...flesh this one out.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 2nd, 2021, 1:47 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Red government don't have any racist?

How you know this UNC guy is a racist?

Ent UNC not in power? Their rumblings mean nothing and have no value.

UNC not important at this stage

so the crude figure free falling would mean we have to pay less to subsist the refinery. all the while u will get ur lay offs.

credit rating only is good to keep on borrowing. ur not going to get a way to repay them. u throw so many people on the bread line and so many severances, thats a lot of cash out the door and a stagnating the economy. the ripple effect of all that money coming out of circulation just cut many businesses in half, and shut down outright a lot more.

annnd u would have been in a position to approach guyana to process their crude, as minister hinds had tweeted out.
all the people chomping at the bits to get the refinery, MUST have had a source to resume.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » March 2nd, 2021, 1:53 pm

Redman wrote:

same numbers that telling u the toco port and sandals is/was going to be good value for money.

stock exchange, i threw that idea out before in the light of the ngl ipo. none of their figures was available to me to show if it made sense or not. its only now u got ur local business people expressing interest. i would trust that they seeing the value in it.
prolly now they can share how they think it making sense.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2021, 2:06 pm

sMASH wrote:
Redman wrote:

same numbers that telling u the toco port and sandals is/was going to be good value for money.

stock exchange, i threw that idea out before in the light of the ngl ipo. none of their figures was available to me to show if it made sense or not. its only now u got ur local business people expressing interest. i would trust that they seeing the value in it.
prolly now they can share how they think it making sense.
house negros have to eat.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » March 2nd, 2021, 2:13 pm

sMASH wrote:so the crude figure free falling would mean we have to pay less to subsist the refinery. all the while u will get ur lay offs.

credit rating only is good to keep on borrowing. ur not going to get a way to repay them. u throw so many people on the bread line and so many severances, thats a lot of cash out the door and a stagnating the economy. the ripple effect of all that money coming out of circulation just cut many businesses in half, and shut down outright a lot more.

annnd u would have been in a position to approach guyana to process their crude, as minister hinds had tweeted out.
all the people chomping at the bits to get the refinery, MUST have had a source to resume.

Even when the price dropped in 2016 PT was still losing on every refined product. 2020 crushed many refineries around the world, PT would not have been immune.

We have been borrowing (deficit spending) since 2009, if after we took on your harebrained idea to keep the refinery going and it fell through, the credit rating is what will determine the rates we will borrow for covid-19 relief aside from the normal borrowing we are doing for a decade now. Those high rates is what will create a stagnant economy and push us to the lender of last resort, IMF. The $2B that PT was losing is money that was coming out of circulation, the $1B that HPCL making is supporting the economy.

It is obvious your armchair expertise falling apart with the littlest prodding.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”