Forums

Medical intern removed after Facebook racial rant

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kewell35
Riding on 16's

Re: Medical intern removed after Facebook racial rant

Postby Kewell35 » November 6th, 2020, 11:11 am

Where the links to the first two recordings?

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » November 6th, 2020, 11:23 am

It's sad but doctors do not have much experience in any other thing or even meeting people and experiences. No organizational experience.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » November 6th, 2020, 11:28 am

So in cases like these, who has more rights? just curious, the person who is speaking and has the right to his privacy and the right to not be recorded or the person who is recording and releasing video and audio without consent?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2020, 11:54 am

maj. tom wrote:oh yes, the stench marinating now. There is a 3rd recording. I haven't heard it yet.

The Express understands the doctor runs a medical facility in San Fernando.

In one recording, released on social media on Wednesday, a man said to be the doctor, is heard telling an employee to ask people applying to become nurses at the facility to include a photograph, as “a lot of people don’t want negro nurses dealing with them”.

“A lot of patients racial so we prefer an Indian nurse,” the man is heard saying.

“I just have to do what’s best for my business. It’s a vibes I does get. So just tell all of them applicants to send a photo ID please,” he said.
https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/probe-racist-doctor/article_106e949a-1fcd-11eb-a57b-67e734a8ecf5.html

How the hell this man practising medicine? How he watches himself in the mirror everyday after taking that oath?
Don't see nutting wrong if this real .

People should have a right to who they want dealing with them.

If Rowlee dont want a non black nurse dealing with him then dats his choise.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 6th, 2020, 11:58 am

Ben_spanna wrote:So in cases like these, who has more rights? just curious, the person who is speaking and has the right to his privacy and the right to not be recorded or the person who is recording and releasing video and audio without consent?

Trinidad law isn't clear on that, nor have i read any common law cases dealing with such. The INTERCEPTION OF COMMUNICATIONS ACT refers throughout of the interception of telecommunications through a network, i.e. wiretapping.
Data Protection Act deals with protection of personal data and use with consent by public bodies. Nothing about a private conversation being recorded.

As far as common knowledge goes, i would say that at least one party within the conversation must know that they're being recorded. Telephone helpdesks announce this as a courtesy. However, distributing private conversations and the resulting fallout could be argued as slander in court.

So this question can only be answered by a lawyer versed in those laws of privacy.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2020, 12:00 pm

mero wrote:"All Indians are innocent even when they are guilty, fck dPNM! " -Zoomindranath Raiderpersad Rajbissessar
The facts are needed , we can't believe any of these red Goverment supporters/actors.

Even if real I don't see a problem.

There are many red Goverment type people that don't like or want to deal with decent Injun people. Dat is their choise

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 6th, 2020, 12:10 pm

You don't see a problem because your racial bias is not letting you see how wrong this is. Nobody going to argue with you on why this behaviour is wrong because everyone is tired in 2020 of this. There are many who agree with you though. You're doing the same thing, behaving the same way that you claim the other side does without being able to take a step back and see that it's wrong as well. Your logic is "if the other side does it, so can we." Two wrongs always make a right in Trinidad.

In medicine especially, there is not supposed to be any discrimination based on anything. Every patient is equal and deserves the same rights and best treatment. Doctors and patients are not supposed to have any racial or otherwise identity when it comes to privacy or treatment. The patient does have a right who they want dealing with them within a medical institution by refusing treatment and leaving. They don't have a right in preferring a certain race to attend to them, nor the other way around. You can't hire someone based on race because that's what people prefer. That's discrimination. Hiring must take place on qualifications and competence, not race or gender. A doctor takes a binding oath to his/her profession to uphold such principles.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2020, 12:17 pm

maj. tom wrote:You don't see a problem because your racial bias is not letting you see how wrong this is. Nobody going to argue with you on why this behaviour is wrong because everyone is tired in 2020 of this. There are many who agree with you though. You're doing the same thing, behaving the same way that you claim the other side does without being able to take a step back and see that it's wrong as well. Your logic is "if the other side does it, so can we." Two wrongs always make a right in Trinidad.

In medicine especially, there is not supposed to be any discrimination based on anything. Every patient is equal and deserves the same rights and best treatment. Doctors and patients are not supposed to have any racial or otherwise identity when it comes to privacy or treatment. The patient does have a right who they want dealing with them within a medical institution by refusing treatment and leaving. They don't have a right in preferring a certain race to attend to them, nor the other way around. A doctor takes a binding oath to his/her professional to uphold such principles.
If you paying money you have a right to whom you want attending to you .

For years we have heard that injun doctors in Trinidad cause afro women not to produce babies. We still waiting on the facts for this and if Afro women don't want injun doctors attending to dem then I don't see a problem.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 6th, 2020, 12:18 pm

Late 2020 and people still trying to reason with zr?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 6th, 2020, 12:22 pm

^ i give up. I realize its a lost cause. Sure even his coffin/tombstone would lay out some derogatory statement or curse to the PNM

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2020, 12:22 pm

De Dragon wrote:Late 2020 and people still trying to reason with zr?
Bro here in red country land all rumours are true without edvedence.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2020, 12:24 pm

elec2020 wrote:^ i give up. I realize its a lost cause. Sure even his coffin/tombstone would lay out some derogatory statement or curse to the PNM
You give up?

So you know the recordings are real for sure ?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 6th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Plot twist.

That's zoom personal dr. And he's the patient that don't want an african in the office.

He's uncomfortable around africans because he suffer from micro-penis

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2020, 1:22 pm

rollingstock wrote:Plot twist.

That's zoom personal dr. And he's the patient that don't want an african in the office.

He's uncomfortable around africans because he suffer from micro-penis
Nah my Doc is Chamely, he a kinda white boy Doc in San Do

I doh trust dem injun docs.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 6th, 2020, 2:48 pm

No one here uses that doctor though ?I’m sure someone could vouch for him and his bedside manner

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 6th, 2020, 3:20 pm

Ben_spanna wrote:So in cases like these, who has more rights? just curious, the person who is speaking and has the right to his privacy and the right to not be recorded or the person who is recording and releasing video and audio without consent?

He might feel he has a right to privacy, (according to Fassness All-Worries he doens't tho), however the person doing the recording has the right to refuse to be physically, verbally and emotionally abused, and that trumps his perceived right to privacy.

If nobody knew he was a child molester, and he was somehow recorded in the act of committing the actual offense of sexually assaulting a boy/girl child, you think his perceived right to privacy would hold any weight against the evidence of his actions? yuh feel he could go in court & say "i didn't consent to d people video recording me bullin d lil boi so ah go sue dem fuh slanderin meh name"? For him to be have a case, he'd have to prove that he didn't say what he was recorded saying, and that it was all a fabrication by his accuser designed to injure him or his character.

It have a principle concept in law, the concept of clean hands. A part of it is basically, if yuh do wrong, yuh can't turn & expect to be able sue the one that exposed your wrong and be rewarded by the system penalizing them for exposing you as the perpetrator of your crimes.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 6th, 2020, 6:53 pm

is how express put this story on their front page today

is this d most important issue, slow news day, pnm or unc eh doing nutten wrong today , not even d usa elections more important ????

u does wonder about d media sometime .... :roll:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Rovin wrote:is how express put this story on their front page today

is this d most important issue, slow news day, pnm or unc eh doing nutten wrong today , not even d usa elections more important ????

u does wonder about d media sometime .... :roll:
It is the red Goverment attempts to mis direct the public once again to build another useless race issue .

All in time for Ravaan season

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » November 6th, 2020, 7:06 pm

everybody have something to sell. Express does sell papers, and race talk is good for selling papers. PNM Women's league out front, because racial indians extremely good for securing PNM votes. PNM wants their voters to hear more stories about racial indians victimizing black people (since forever they pushing that line). Put the focus on race, so no critical review is put on the non-performance of the government and the general shithole conditions we are living in.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2020, 7:13 pm

paid_influencer wrote:everybody have something to sell. Express does sell papers, and race talk is good for selling papers. PNM Women's league out front, because racial indians extremely good for securing PNM votes. PNM wants their voters to hear more stories about racial indians victimizing black people (since forever they pushing that line). Put the focus on race, so no critical review is put on the non-performance of the government and the general shithole conditions we are living in.
Yup we all know that red Goverment supporters don't have any critical thoughts.

Feed dem race talk and they take the bait.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » November 6th, 2020, 7:50 pm

maj. tom wrote:You don't see a problem because your racial bias is not letting you see how wrong this is. Nobody going to argue with you on why this behaviour is wrong because everyone is tired in 2020 of this. There are many who agree with you though. You're doing the same thing, behaving the same way that you claim the other side does without being able to take a step back and see that it's wrong as well. Your logic is "if the other side does it, so can we." Two wrongs always make a right in Trinidad.

In medicine especially, there is not supposed to be any discrimination based on anything. Every patient is equal and deserves the same rights and best treatment. Doctors and patients are not supposed to have any racial or otherwise identity when it comes to privacy or treatment. The patient does have a right who they want dealing with them within a medical institution by refusing treatment and leaving. They don't have a right in preferring a certain race to attend to them, nor the other way around. You can't hire someone based on race because that's what people prefer. That's discrimination. Hiring must take place on qualifications and competence, not race or gender. A doctor takes a binding oath to his/her profession to uphold such principles.

At the risk of playing devil's advocate the doctor and others like him may be caught between a rock and a hard place with trying to balance between anti discrimination laws and client preference. Me personally I have no racial bias and in a public medical facility I will comply to be treated by anyone. However in choosing my personal family doctor I always prefer an older to younger person and I have never visited a female doctor yet nor do I want to and I guess those are biases in itself but since I'm paying I am allowed to be as such. Similarly I believe most women will prefer a female gynecologist and a medical institution may face the same issues when hiring. It kinda reminds me of long ago when people used to place ads in the newspapers seeking ' an east Indian housekeeper.' I'm not sure if that's legal but the point I'm trying to bring across is that when it involves individuals being around close personal spaces or your own body people will have strong personal preferences or biases depending on how you look at it. So the question is how do we balance between what's good for business versus anti discriminatory laws?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » November 6th, 2020, 7:55 pm

I think the whole take home concept behind this entire thing is that the doctor shouldn’t be biased against clients ?
A patient could choose whoever they want to treat them ... that’s their choice . The health care worker is the one who has the oath . Regular jobs you won’t understand that concept of ethics and the like because it’s just about money . And some doctors do cross those ethical lines and the profession no matter all the people who probably couldn’t apply for it should hold itself to a standard . People have inherent biases but he got caught out although nothing may come of it

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » November 6th, 2020, 8:00 pm

Is this the doctor who "sells sick leave" to anyone in Marabella?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 6th, 2020, 8:42 pm

rebound wrote:Is this the doctor who "sells sick leave" to anyone in Marabella?
All doctors sell sick leave.

Red goverment supporters are known for buying these when not sick

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 6th, 2020, 9:27 pm

rebound wrote:Is this the doctor who "sells sick leave" to anyone in Marabella?

No that's a different sawh.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 11th, 2020, 12:24 pm

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/i ... 9a2e7.html

Is it still a façade ZR by the red government to misdirect us. If so how much they pay this man to tarnish his reputation for life.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 11th, 2020, 1:03 pm

The doc is free to feel how he wants and to say it.
We are also free to judge him on that basis.

When people show you who they are-believe them.

Oh and ZR-Dr Chamely is 100% Syrian.Not white.
and has been for the 40+ years I know the family.

Lou Screuz
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Lou Screuz » November 11th, 2020, 1:10 pm

Kenjo wrote:I think the whole take home concept behind this entire thing is that the doctor shouldn’t be biased against clients ?
A patient could choose whoever they want to treat them ... that’s their choice . The health care worker is the one who has the oath . Regular jobs you won’t understand that concept of ethics and the like because it’s just about money . And some doctors do cross those ethical lines and the profession no matter all the people who probably couldn’t apply for it should hold itself to a standard . People have inherent biases but he got caught out although nothing may come of it

the thing i taking home from this thing -

is that there is clearly people in this country who seem to be developing a (coordinated ? ) habit

making a hobby out of recording conversations and taking screen pics of their indo trini employers/co workers and friends

and running quick quick quick to put it out in public

i don't know venezuelans to be giving this kind of trouble

maybe stewart young and max are right :lol:

Just now people will get smart and create a -

Nursing School Scholarship for Venezuelan Refugees

and btw some of these so called anti-racist publicists -

have a lot more in common with the racists they claim to be against ;

than they would like to admit :?

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » November 11th, 2020, 1:28 pm

^ racism exists on both sides. We saw that full scale during the elections. Either way. If one side showing it more than the other who cares. The point is that racism should not be accepted. And these people need to be ostracized. In a small island of just over 1 million people we cannot unite for years. We so backwards because our racial biases are preventing us from growing and moving forward (for instance it is common knowledge that black athletes changed sports, how would sports be if they still ostracized black people to the extent that they used to). If we ever hope to be the big player in the Caribbean that we know we can be we have to get rid of this stupid thinking that I better than he/she cause my complexion lighter. STUPIDITY!

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 11th, 2020, 1:28 pm

You leaving out relevant information such as race.

In case you have not noticed, anytime an indo-trinidadian has a racial 'rant' he/she will be demonised to the highest extent, while Afro-trinidadians can do the same and Indos will beat up a bit/laugh it off, and (most of the time) they will be excused.

If an Indo saying something and uses a derogatory term (in trinidad the only derogatory term is the N one), every single thing he said before, however true or factual it is, will be thrown out the window and the only thing that will be focused on is that word.

This is why I try my best to stay away from both of these groups.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”