Forums

UNC 2.0?!?!?!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: UNC 2.0?!?!?!

Postby Rovin » October 31st, 2020, 11:17 am

will always have d ole die hards whose leaders in their times were their demigods , like how in panday time it still have ppl all now holding on to his pants leg & many still from 2010 holding on to end of kamla dress

they have to realise d same will not attract new votes , cant keep doing same & expecting a different result

time to put kams in 1 of dem ole time wood rocking chair & tell she relax & enjoy how much life she has left , dise what d poo nm did with manning/rowdy & it worked out for them

i eh so sold on vasant but if dise d best we have at this point in time lets support him & start to build momentum from now ...

Hwells
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Hwells » October 31st, 2020, 1:00 pm

Rovin wrote:will always have d ole die hards whose leaders in their times were their demigods , like how in panday time it still have ppl all now holding on to his pants leg & many still from 2010 holding on to end of kamla dress

they have to realise d same will not attract new votes , cant keep doing same & expecting a different result

time to put kams in 1 of dem ole time wood rocking chair & tell she relax & enjoy how much life she has left , dise what d poo nm did with manning/rowdy & it worked out for them

i eh so sold on vasant but if dise d best we have at this point in time lets support him & start to build momentum from now ...

it probably is the best considering anybody else will probably be part of the cabal which caused the problems in the first place, or too new and young to hold respect and hold support.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 31st, 2020, 3:31 pm

Hwells wrote:
Rovin wrote:will always have d ole die hards whose leaders in their times were their demigods , like how in panday time it still have ppl all now holding on to his pants leg & many still from 2010 holding on to end of kamla dress

it probably is the best considering anybody else will probably be part of the cabal which caused the problems in the first place, or too new and young to hold respect and hold support.

There is a new cabal in UNC run by Kamla and includes her yes men.

Men like tancoo, Rodney Charles, ratiram, arnold ram, khadija and Anita haynes and a few others.

Gone are all the smart strong personalities who made Panday's UNC and early PP successful.

Look at the winners of the last UNC internal election and see how Kamla selected her MPs.

https://unctt.org/official-results-of-u ... ions-2015/

This UNC is a dead party of incompetent and corrupt losers.

If Vasant wins (by some miracle) then I can see the party once again transforming and attracting successful intellectuals like Panday did.

If he doesn't win, he has my full support to launch a new party with Mikela, GG (after his commissioner career) and even bring in Philip Alexander.... .and then once again have a vibrant national party that can defeat PNM.

His third party might not win a seat (or they might, who knows)....but the ultimate goal would be to destroy this UNC and form a proper alternative to PNM.

Honestly at this point it seems PNM sponsoring Kamla to keep the UNC permanently in opposition

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » October 31st, 2020, 4:19 pm

Redman wrote:Oh gorm Zoombindranath...that was 1981..... you eh think its time to let that go?

that is to tell yuh how long now pnm is rubbish, as national governance.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » October 31st, 2020, 6:48 pm

I heard part of Vasant's campaign launch on radio. He was trying out a hustings voice, sounding like a fake Rowley. It was pathetic. He has 0 charisma, worse than Dookaran. Major liability unless he gets some more charismatic people on the platform (and not Anil Roberts, for the love of God).

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 31st, 2020, 7:11 pm

paid_influencer wrote:I heard part of Vasant's campaign launch on radio. He was trying out a hustings voice, sounding like a fake Rowley. It was pathetic. He has 0 charisma, worse than Dookaran. Major liability unless he gets some more charismatic people on the platform (and not Anil Roberts, for the love of God).

lol ok paid UNC troll, you guys are pathetic, #foreverloserskamlasUNC

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 31st, 2020, 7:14 pm

well maybe he right? Anyone has a clip to share?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 31st, 2020, 7:25 pm

Redman wrote:Oh gorm Zoombindranath...that was 1981..... you eh think its time to let that go?
Where is the change?

We in 2020 and PNM is even more racists than before.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 31st, 2020, 7:44 pm

maj. tom wrote:well maybe he right? Anyone has a clip to share?

Even if true, why does it matter? UNC needs to change and evolve and Vasant is by far the smartest most respected member they have that can instigate this change?

UNC will never win a next election. You think in 2025 this version of UNC can defeat a Brian Manning or Start Young led PNM? Never, they'll end up losing worse than in 2020.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 31st, 2020, 8:09 pm

I remember back in 2009, Vasant and Panday standing next to a river with ballot papers in the water and bawling "LOOK HOW KAMLA TIEF D INTERNAL ELECTION'. That was a few months before Kamla became Prime Minister in 2010. That picture would be gold right now, but I can't find it.

Instead I found this gem, back in 2014 when Vasant was making a half-way effort play. This is probably why he has no seat right now.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... 366f034146

Jack: That is foolish talk;Vasant don't have what it takes

Contacted, Warner told the Sunday Guardian, "That is foolish talk. You should not write any and every foolishness you hear. If, however, you do persist to write, then all I have to ask is that you quote what I have said." When told that the information came from within the UNC, but outside of the alleged cabal, he then admitted that he had heard that Bharath was going to contest the leadership. "I am aware of that, but it will burn itself out," he said.

Warner said he did not think Bharath had what it takes to take over the UNC. "Not in our collective lifetime," he said.

Bharath had leadership aspirations in 2010

The Sunday Guardian understands that Bharath had leadership aspirations during the 2010 leadership elections. He was also being groomed by Panday for leadership, party sources said. Bharath, the Sunday Guardian was told, even withheld his support from Persad-Bissessar and only grudgingly voted against Panday.

In a brief telephone interview on Thursday, Panday said he too had heard the rumour that Bharath was going to toss his hat in the election ring. He said every politician had aspirations to become leader, but warned Bharath that the internal electoral machinery may be against him. "The 'cabal', if I may use that word, controls the ballot boxes, the transport of the ballot boxes, the storage of the ballot boxes after the election. It is very difficult to win against that," he said.

...now Club 2014 formed

A new group within the UNC, which is calling itself Club 2014, is set to take over the leadership of the party from PM Kamla Persad-Bissessar.The group, which is made up of some key people in the UNC, has been formed to challenge Persad-Bissessar in the party's upcoming internal elections.A date for the election is yet to be announced.The people who make up Club 2014, sources said, have information on the party's internal election process.

the whole article has more, but it shows how long Vasant has been impotently fighting for leadership and what a real lack of success (or failure if we being blunt) he has been.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 31st, 2020, 8:32 pm

paid_influencer wrote:I remember back in 2009, Vasant and Panday standing next to a river with ballot papers in the water and bawling "LOOK HOW KAMLA TIEF D INTERNAL ELECTION'. That was a few months before Kamla became Prime Minister in 2010. That picture would be gold right now, but I can't find it.

Instead I found this gem, back in 2014 when Vasant was making a half-way effort play. This is probably why he has no seat right now.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/article-6.2. ... 366f034146

Jack: That is foolish talk;Vasant don't have what it takes

Contacted, Warner told the Sunday Guardian, "That is foolish talk. You should not write any and every foolishness you hear. If, however, you do persist to write, then all I have to ask is that you quote what I have said." When told that the information came from within the UNC, but outside of the alleged cabal, he then admitted that he had heard that Bharath was going to contest the leadership. "I am aware of that, but it will burn itself out," he said.

Warner said he did not think Bharath had what it takes to take over the UNC. "Not in our collective lifetime," he said.

Bharath had leadership aspirations in 2010

The Sunday Guardian understands that Bharath had leadership aspirations during the 2010 leadership elections. He was also being groomed by Panday for leadership, party sources said. Bharath, the Sunday Guardian was told, even withheld his support from Persad-Bissessar and only grudgingly voted against Panday.

In a brief telephone interview on Thursday, Panday said he too had heard the rumour that Bharath was going to toss his hat in the election ring. He said every politician had aspirations to become leader, but warned Bharath that the internal electoral machinery may be against him. "The 'cabal', if I may use that word, controls the ballot boxes, the transport of the ballot boxes, the storage of the ballot boxes after the election. It is very difficult to win against that," he said.

...now Club 2014 formed

A new group within the UNC, which is calling itself Club 2014, is set to take over the leadership of the party from PM Kamla Persad-Bissessar.The group, which is made up of some key people in the UNC, has been formed to challenge Persad-Bissessar in the party's upcoming internal elections.A date for the election is yet to be announced.The people who make up Club 2014, sources said, have information on the party's internal election process.

the whole article has more, but it shows how long Vasant has been impotently fighting for leadership and what a real lack of success (or failure if we being blunt) he has been.

LOLz so you believe Jack Warner when it's convenient, need I remind any of you what Jack has said about Kamla?

And nothing you've posted there makes me see Vasant in any bad light. In fact, given that Vasant foresaw Kamla's failure in 2014 means that he has the intelligence, foresight, and balls to take initiative.....sounds like a great future leader.

Also, thanks for posting a link mentioning that Vasant had Basdeo Panday's full support for leader of the UNC. In case you forgot, Bas was the greatest PM this country has ever had.....and he passionately hates what Kamla has made the UNC today.

I need to remind you of what Kamla has done to the UNC. She has removed all persons with intelligence, intellectual ability, track record and balls from the party. It is now a party comprised of weak, uneducated, persons with little to no work experience outside of politics, many who are corrupt, many who are racist and all are Kamla sycophants.

Honestly, how can you support that? How can anyone look at the current UNC and say that is a party I can get behind?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » October 31st, 2020, 8:51 pm

Just for the record - I voted for Kamla on August 10, 2020.

did you?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » October 31st, 2020, 9:38 pm

paid_influencer wrote:Just for the record - I voted for Kamla on August 10, 2020.

did you?

Yes, I did but let me tell you I was very close to not voting or voting PNM. And I know many former UNC voters who did not vote because of disenchantment with this UNC.

Also, for the record, I am a member of the UNC.....but no longer active due to disenchantment. I did attempt to help advise UNC in this election when I saw how clueless their campaign team was. But after meeting with Kanhai, Tancoo, and Feroz I realized UNC is a lost cause and will never win an election.

They will never get an easier election to win than in 2020.

Listen to Vasant Bharat speaker from around the 11 min mark - https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v= ... _permalink

And again around the 52 min mark - https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v= ... _permalink

Let me ask you, do you want UNC to ever win again? Kamla and her band of incompetents will never beat this PNM.

Vasant not only has national appeal, but his intelligence and progressiveness resonate with the middle-class swing voters who badly want an alternative.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 1st, 2020, 3:14 am

Dohplaydat wrote:

Even if true, why does it matter? UNC needs to change and evolve and Vasant is by far the smartest most respected member they have that can instigate this change?

UNC will never win a next election. You think in 2025 this version of UNC can defeat a Brian Manning or Start Young led PNM? Never, they'll end up losing worse than in 2020.

Vasant isn't the untouchable, enlightened saviour that many are making him out to be. Anyone remember the dog rice scandal? The personal "Ministry" Porsche scandal? KPB should consider naming a successor and bowing out gracefully, but Bharath, Devant, and the lot are only coming across as disgruntled toters, no matter their intentions.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 1st, 2020, 3:29 am

De Dragon wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

Vasant isn't the untouchable, enlightened saviour that many are making him out to be. Anyone remember the dog rice scandal? The personal "Ministry" Porsche scandal? KPB should consider naming a successor and bowing out gracefully, but Bharath, Devant, and the lot are only coming across as disgruntled toters, no matter their intentions.

No one is untouchable, but saviour he is. Is anyone challenging Kamla? No, then only he can save UNC.

Also he's been absolved of any wrong doing in the dog rice scandal.

https://trinisweettalk.forumotion.com/t ... vindicated

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 1st, 2020, 6:20 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

No one is untouchable, but saviour he is. Is anyone challenging Kamla? No, then only he can save UNC.

Also he's been absolved of any wrong doing in the dog rice scandal.

https://trinisweettalk.forumotion.com/t ... vindicated

The desperation for deliverance from Opposition should be cause for careful consideration of any and all pretenders to the throne.

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » November 1st, 2020, 7:03 am

Zoom you asked if KPB left and vasant took the mantle if I would vote UNC. In a heart beat. Kamla not represents every corrupt practice and the worst of us. Only UNC diehards and those who vote by race would support this current UNC.
If this nation truly has to change then the leaders have to change and the supporting executive has to change.
Otherwise PNM will continue winning every election.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 1st, 2020, 7:37 am

jhonnieblue wrote:Zoom you asked if KPB left and vasant took the mantle if I would vote UNC. In a heart beat. Kamla not represents every corrupt practice and the worst of us. Only UNC diehards and those who vote by race would support this current UNC.
If this nation truly has to change then the leaders have to change and the supporting executive has to change.
Otherwise PNM will continue winning every election.

And if Vasant turns out to be KPB reincarnate, or worse? What would he need to do, besides his mere presence according to you :roll: in the next 1,2,3 and 4 years to be worthy of voting in?Are we going to end up like the US where the need for change facilitated a hitherto inconceivable Trump presidency?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 1st, 2020, 7:44 am

Men talking like kamla will get vote out.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » November 1st, 2020, 8:52 am

sMASH wrote:Men talking like kamla will get vote out.

Ent. The irony is that the only election KPB can win is an internal party election. She’s winning by a landslide.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 1st, 2020, 9:12 am

Panday has no faith in UNC internal election process

Founder of the United National Congress (UNC) Basdeo Panday has very little faith in the opposition party ever returning to government.

The former prime minister also does not expect much change after the UNC’s internal elections, which is set for December 6.

"There is very little hope for the present opposition to attain government anytime soon," Panday said on Saturday.

"I am seeing the obvious. The person who is fighting the elections is also conducting the elections."

In 2010, he lost the party’s internal elections to Kamla Persad-Bissessar. A few months later, she became this country’s first female prime minister.

Without referring to her by name, Panday said, "If someone is a contestant and that person is in control, organising every aspect of that internal election, who do you think would win?"

In the past, he publicly said the party had lost its way under her leadership.

So far, former trade minister Vasant Bharath has launched his campaign to contest the leadership position.

On Friday, the former St Augustine MP held a press conference saying the membership is fed-up with losing at the polls. He said under Persad-Bissessar's leadership, the party had 11 defeats. He charged that owing to poor leadership, the UNC is in total disarray.

Also commenting on the internal elections was Panday’s brother, Subhas.

Subhas said, "I wish that the best person wins. I hope that whatever happens, the election will further strengthen the party."

He was a national security minister under the People's Partnership administration which Persad-Bissessar led from 2010 to 2015.

Subhas opted not to make additional comments on the issue.

Nomination day is November 15. Apart from electing the political leader, the membership would also elect a new national executive.

Based on the constitution, the leader and other executive positions become vacant at midnight on November 26.

Despite opposition from some UNC members, Persad-Bissessar has strong backing, especially from her Siparia constituents and some MPs, including Dave Tancoo.

https://newsday.co.tt/2020/11/01/panday ... n-process/

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 1st, 2020, 9:30 am

Sounds like they need observers...the irony.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 1st, 2020, 9:37 am

ROFL they should ask the PNM to send observers.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 1st, 2020, 11:38 am

sMASH wrote:Men talking like kamla will get vote out.

She will win unless a miracle happens, Vasant will then then have to form his own party with Mikela, GG and Philip. They need to destroy the UNC

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » November 1st, 2020, 12:10 pm

Phillip doh want any dog rice in his party.

fbcyborg5.png

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 1st, 2020, 12:15 pm

Phillip party is dog rice itself.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » November 1st, 2020, 12:31 pm

paid_influencer wrote:Phillip doh want any dog rice in his party.

fbcyborg5.png

Philip playing both sides son, u new to politics?

But he's right, UNC has no future under Kamla yet allyuh idiots seem to think she's the best.

Honestly, are you all happy with the folks in the party right now?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 1st, 2020, 12:55 pm

NOBODY wants Kamala. She should step down. But by not doing so, Vasant cannot win, nor is he more viable or a better candidate than Kamla in the running. Plus Panday already pointed out that it will be yet another fraud election, like how Kamla won in the past. So the UNC voters are given to pieces of sheit to compare, choose one. Like 2020 UNC vs. PNM. Like 2016 Trump vs. Hillary. People will chose the better piece of sheit based on people being stupid.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 1st, 2020, 12:56 pm

Not happy, i like 1-2 of the new faces but generally UNC now is a turn off.

So I guess if Kamla wins, Patriotic Front will be the COP of 2007? Then when Kamla finally leaves and a new leader is chosen, patriotic going back home to the UNC?

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » November 1st, 2020, 1:04 pm

sooo, when kamla win back the seat, what the non kamla supporters gonna do?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”