UNC 2.0?!?!?!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: UNC 2.0?!?!?!

Postby mero » September 24th, 2020, 10:55 am

zoom rader wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:She needs to step down, it's not about where are the challengers crap,. At this point she power hungry and every swing voter seeing that and will never vote for her again. Me for sure once she there, I will no longer support the UNC.
That whole party needs a revamp.
If folks not brave enough to challenge her then they will not be fit enough to run a Nation.

So UNC is just a bunch of wimps or Kamla yes men?

Why they not "brave enough" ? Queen of the South so intimidating?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 24th, 2020, 10:57 am

maj. tom wrote:
Sunday, November 26th, 2017

According to the party’s current constitution internal elections are held every two years for all members of the executive except the political leader; the leadership election is held every three years. Eighteen of the Party’s twenty elected posts would be contested, including the position of Political Leader. Mrs Kamla Persad Bissessar has taken the decision to seek a fresh mandate from the party members as the Party prepares for a General Election.
https://unctt.org/unc-to-hold-internal- ... -november/

So it's due by the end of Nov 2020.

For some reason the Wikipedia page has no mention of this.
However there is a tuner thread on the UNC internal elections 2017.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » September 24th, 2020, 11:00 am

Redman wrote:Old habits ....reincarnation

This sounds familiar....off of Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_National_Congress

Internal elections[edit]
An internal party election was held on 5 December 2015, which Persad-Bissessar won. Controversy arose when ballots in favor of Dr. Roodal Moonilal were found near a river and at the back of a school used as a polling station. The ballots were left out in the open with no visible attempts to destroy or hide them. Some names were found twice on the voting list, which may have allowed one individual to vote twice. Dr. Moonilal filed a complaint for these issues to be rectified.

Yesterday in an interview with POWER 102.1FM, Fuad Khan came out directly and said that the UNC's internal elections have not been and will not be free and fair. Kamala has her people to rig the internal elections to keep her in charge.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 24th, 2020, 11:34 am

mero wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
jhonnieblue wrote:She needs to step down, it's not about where are the challengers crap,. At this point she power hungry and every swing voter seeing that and will never vote for her again. Me for sure once she there, I will no longer support the UNC.
If folks not brave enough to challenge her then they will not be fit enough to run a Nation.

When she is voted out you Will still be enslaved in the African party and will follow your tribe.

No need to show concern

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 24th, 2020, 1:36 pm

Unc membership would be on real sheit if they vote back kamla. My issue is the people who gonna oppose her. Moonilal??? Come better than that

Kamla on even more sheit for not stepping down. Idk if she realizes that people voted for the party and not necessarily her

jhonnieblue
Riding on 18's

Postby jhonnieblue » September 24th, 2020, 1:39 pm

U missing the point. People know they facing crap with PNM for the next five years
But guess what I takes time to come forward with good leadership alternatives and they have five year to do that now. Give a viable alternative that will grow from strength to strength and not wait till last minute to realise is a dead cow you beating all the time hoping for a different result.
So forget the fact pnm ruling now
Five years from now we need something better that could rally ALL people against pnm. And that ain't that dead cow kamla
zoom rader wrote:
mero wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

When she is voted out you Will still be enslaved in the African party and will follow your tribe.

No need to show concern

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 24th, 2020, 1:50 pm

only a handful of person i seeing who appear untainted & looking promising - anita haynes , saddam hosein & Faaiq Mohammed

d rest of dem is a bunch ole unproductive farts ...

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 24th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Zoom.

Your posts are usually very cynical and scathing at times and often make reference to taking bovines and also borderline on trolling at times.

However, many of your posts do seem to come from an individual who has alot of knowledge and alot of background.

What I would like to ask you is two fold, and this is really to generate some good dialogue rather than the usual banter. I'm also asking this from the perspective of a Trinidadian and not a PNM or UNC supporter, noting that many of the latter on these forums seem to have the common interest of a better Trinidad, despite political allegiances.

1) What, in your opinion, is needed in this country for a legitimate change towards the right direction and how is can this be achieved?

2) As citizens who have never faced strife, rioted or stood undivided towards a common cause (in other words who constantly take the bovine), how do Trinidadians unite to the common benefit of this country?
zoom rader wrote:
mero wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

No need to show concern

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 24th, 2020, 2:11 pm

Rovin wrote:only a handful of person i seeing who appear untainted & looking promising - anita haynes , saddam hosein & Faaiq Mohammed

Those you listed above are nobodies.

Vasant Bharat can still run for leader. He's the only can that can transform UNC out of their current sheit status.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 24th, 2020, 2:48 pm

Vasant already has a full slate, elections are not likely to be this year but next year. Maybe the campaigning by Devant and others may hasten it but his backers aren't ready so they're glad for it to be next year

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 24th, 2020, 4:40 pm

eliteauto wrote:Vasant already has a full slate, elections are not likely to be this year but next year. Maybe the campaigning by Devant and others may hasten it but his backers aren't ready so they're glad for it to be next year

Which might mean Kamla calling elections ASAP

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 24th, 2020, 8:04 pm

carluva wrote:Zoom.

Your posts are usually very cynical and scathing at times and often make reference to taking bovines and also borderline on trolling at times.

However, many of your posts do seem to come from an individual who has alot of knowledge and alot of background.

What I would like to ask you is two fold, and this is really to generate some good dialogue rather than the usual banter. I'm also asking this from the perspective of a Trinidadian and not a PNM or UNC supporter, noting that many of the latter on these forums seem to have the common interest of a better Trinidad, despite political allegiances.

1) What, in your opinion, is needed in this country for a legitimate change towards the right direction and how is can this be achieved?

2) As citizens who have never faced strife, rioted or stood undivided towards a common cause (in other words who constantly take the bovine), how do Trinidadians unite to the common benefit of this country?
zoom rader wrote:
mero wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

No need to show concern
We seem to be stuck in tribal politics at present.

Only 3 parties have tried to bridge the gap to unite all citizens which were the ONR, NAR and the PP. NJAC tryed but they seemed a bit pro African and that scared off alot of folk.

The PNM is not about uniting all the races, they have showed blantant racism.

One clown on here said that PNM is a national party yet still perceived Indo areas under PNM are neglected and are staved for funding. State resources is given out to party hacks , family and friends.

The only way to unite all citizens is to have strict race and discrimination laws in place .

We have some commercials that was deemed racist, when in fact it is the truth as to our present state. Hinds was looking for the piper in him when approach by a guy that was looking for help.

PNM has never tried to bridge the gap to connect and attact real Indos in their party. They always seem to get scamps that are far removed from Indian society and culture. These so called indians are not injuns and they give the impression that they better that ant other.

Indos in PNM are more shady than the rest. You can quicker trust Hinds and Rowlee than any Indos.

What has Indians in the PNM ever done for normal Indians.

Indians in PNM can never be remember for doing anything to unlift the injun community.

Kamal Mohommed came very closed and was in my view was a genuine person, he was never in any shady dealings. He was casted aside and blanked from being the real prime minister after Williams died. This is how deep racism runs in the PNM .

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 24th, 2020, 10:59 pm

maj. tom wrote:She should not be challenging anybody!
She should step down and let the party reform itself. What is the point of trying to hold on to this power! (what power? the power to lose every election?) What kind of Mugabe sheit is this?

But she is isn't she?, so the only recourse is to oust her like (ironically) she did to Panday.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 25th, 2020, 5:10 am

If unc membership vote for her again, we getting what we deserve. Great is the PNM until 2030 However, this is entirely dependent on who running against her.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 25th, 2020, 7:01 am

Redman wrote:If one abuses the constitution and conventions....then they will likely do so at the party level.

Or is it the other way around?

Morning peanut.

Like how Le Hunte was chosen to contest for la Brea based on the PNM's Constitution? :roll:

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 25th, 2020, 10:26 am

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:If one abuses the constitution and conventions....then they will likely do so at the party level.

Or is it the other way around?

Morning peanut.

Like how Le Hunte was chosen to contest for la Brea based on the PNM's Constitution? :roll:

Hunte was never chosen for La Brea.
as normal you wrong

Not sure why PNM relevant to a UNC thread though.... :roll:

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 25th, 2020, 11:01 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
Rovin wrote:only a handful of person i seeing who appear untainted & looking promising - anita haynes , saddam hosein & Faaiq Mohammed

Vasant Bharat can still run for leader. He's the only can that can transform UNC out of their current sheit status.

at 1 point in their lives kamla, panday & vasant were all unknown or u say putting ppl down as nobodies

2 of them are now MPs & is a mayor , they all seem to be young intelligent ppl who will 1 day do good things or u rather d ole fogeys who never really did much to benefit d ppl

i cud never see what is d big attraction some ppl have to vasant , what charisma, appeal & great things did he do when he was in govt ? or is it ppl bigging him up cause he is d only 1 going up against kamla ?

doh even call names like moonilal, ganga singh, tim goopiesing, bhoe or even glen .... at this point i even prefer prakash ramadar

vasant was once known as d bicycle rice man .... :|

mero

Postby mero » September 25th, 2020, 12:12 pm

Agreed on Faaiq. Good fella

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » September 26th, 2020, 12:19 pm

More ‘step-down’ billboards go up

Devant Maharaj stands near the anti-Kamla billboard on the Churchill Roosevelt Highway, Macoya, yesterday.

More billboards were erected yesterday calling for Political Leader of the United National Congress (UNC) Kamla Persad-Bissessar to step down as head of the party.

The latest were at the Macoya wholesale market, La Romaine and Claxton Bay.

The persons behind it, call themselves a concerned group of UNC members and are led by former government minister and senator, Devant Maharaj.

He started the campaign the same week the UNC lost the August 10 General Election.

Maharaj responded yesterday to Persad-Bissessar’s decision to challenge all comers in the party’s internal elections.

“It appears that she has no shame and has no sense of responsibility. She appears to be intoxicated and drunk with political power holding on at her own expense despite the losses and suffering imposed on the membership of the UNC. I think she should step down and not run for the internal elections. I think she has disqualified herself after losing eleven elections and trying to present all sort of logic to justify her loses,” he said.

He added: “Last night she said the UNC got more votes in Trinidad than the PNM this is what she is presenting as an olive branch of hope to the membership but the Trinidad and Tobago electorate is not based on the popular vote. If that was the case why did Mrs Persad-Bissessar not form her Cabinet today?”

The first billboard appeared in San Juan.

Maharaj said, “The money is coming from the UNC personnel’s simple people who are so disillusioned with the leadership of Kamla Persad Bissessar that they are willing to make the sacrifice in this time of COVID-19 because they recognise a strong opposition is needed to hold the government accountable.”

He added: “At the Monday Night Forum, she said she was brighter than the rest and I agree with her compared to the lot she has in the Parliament, yes she is indeed the brightest, but she is not the brightest in the UNC,” Maharaj said.

Maharaj said more billboards will go up over the coming weeks.

Source: https://www.guardian.co.tt/news/more-st ... 0a22bbfab4

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » September 26th, 2020, 12:35 pm

Rovin wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

at 1 point in their lives kamla, panday & vasant were all unknown or u say putting ppl down as nobodies

2 of them are now MPs & is a mayor , they all seem to be young intelligent ppl who will 1 day do good things or u rather d ole fogeys who never really did much to benefit d ppl

i cud never see what is d big attraction some ppl have to vasant , what charisma, appeal & great things did he do when he was in govt ? or is it ppl bigging him up cause he is d only 1 going up against kamla ?

doh even call names like moonilal, ganga singh, tim goopiesing, bhoe or even glen .... at this point i even prefer prakash ramadar

vasant was once known as d bicycle rice man .... :|

Rovin you are making the mistake UNC continuously made this election. You need someone with national appeal. I'm involved in politics a lot, with the UNC unfortunately. Before the lead up to this election, Faaiq and Anita were unknown to me. I've met them both now and, I strongly strongly dislike Anita, she's got no good ideas, and doesn't understand what being a national politician means. I don't know Faaiq well, only met him very recently, but he is totally unknown.

You can't win outside of your base with these persons. Hell Anita will turn people in the UNC base off with her disgusting attitude.

Listen to Vasant speak, he's by far the most intelligent politician we have locally. He is also the new Panday's golden boy as well and is close with a lot other former Panday boys.

If he comes back to UNC you will have the strongest UNC with folks worth their weight, unlike the current group of nobodies and yes men.
Last edited by Dohplaydat on September 26th, 2020, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » September 26th, 2020, 12:58 pm

Ent Faaiq started off in ILP

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 26th, 2020, 1:40 pm

imo if all d options unc has is vasant well go ahead & give him a try , me eh beatin up :|

same with d other side , they will replace rowdy with who ? ... limited choices on both sides

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 27th, 2020, 6:52 pm

K74T wrote:Ent Faaiq started off in ILP
The man pull ah serious double cross on "honest jack" first day out the gate

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 27th, 2020, 6:57 pm

mero wrote:Agreed on Faaiq. Good fella

VexXx Dogg wrote:
K74T wrote:Ent Faaiq started off in ILP
The man pull ah serious double cross on "honest jack" first day out the gate

And that is why I do not trust him.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 27th, 2020, 7:51 pm

Just over 58 months again until another general election and right now the UNC is weaker than their last save point on August 10th.

The PNM however just finished casting another concrete column to build another decking to move up another floor. The mother goddess is a deity to many and as such, expect more crab in a barrel in-fighting to continue on an unfinished foundation.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 27th, 2020, 8:58 pm

agent007 wrote:Just over 58 months again until another general election and right now the UNC is weaker than their last save point on August 10th.

The PNM however just finished casting another concrete column to build another decking to move up another floor. The mother goddess is a deity to many and as such, expect more crab in a barrel in-fighting to continue on an unfinished foundation.

mikela have time to go some ground work and pull some disenfranchised members of the unc. very reminiscent of COP tho

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » September 27th, 2020, 9:08 pm

While I anticipate same, today the cop is a non entity. The idea is to have a unified ideology which is to remove the PNM. It is a joint effort for all opposing entities to establish similar to what was achieved in 1986, 1995, 2000 and 2010.

Team up and actually do something instead of just collecting a MP salary and a diplomatic passport.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 27th, 2020, 9:10 pm

election is every 3 years, so whomever in the post 2020-2023 is a lame duck in any case.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » September 27th, 2020, 9:33 pm

agent007 wrote:While I anticipate same, today the cop is a non entity. The idea is to have a unified ideology which is to remove the PNM. It is a joint effort for all opposing entities to establish similar to what was achieved in 1986, 1995, 2000 and 2010.

Team up and actually do something instead of just collecting a MP salary and a diplomatic passport.

That has never worked out for the UNC unless you enjoy corbeau sweats, it's the one thing Kamla was correct about, go it alone and build your party to be a real challenger

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » September 27th, 2020, 9:48 pm

agent007 wrote:The idea is to have a unified ideology which is to remove the PNM.

that is a goal, not an ideology.

the lack of a party ideology is a major issue. Marketing 101 is that you have a brand mantra - a simple, meaningful message that gives your party an identity. I said Party eh, it must stay the same regardless of who wears the leadership cap. Everybody in the party, from the grassroots come up, must embrace the ideology.

The PNM has one - 'Great is the PNM and it shall prevail' - the reinforcement of individual identity and self-worth through political victory. Every person in the party, from the lowest member going up, resonates whenever those eight words are said. PNM ideology has never been about policy. Sign your name with the golden ink, left foot right foot, etc - all reinforce the party ideology.

So what is the UNC's ideology? I can't identify it. If it has to guess, it would be 'Aunty Kamla will take care of you,' but that is based completely on Kamla's personal brand and not a party ideology. UNC right now has no message, no definition. And that is a serious problem.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”