Forums

TTEC Tax ?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

TTEC Tax ?

Postby RedVEVO » April 30th, 2018, 2:31 pm

Although the T&T Electricity Commission (T&TEC) has spent more $60 million in the last five months to improve its service, it is hampered by $225 million in arrears, with business and government entities among the biggest debtors.

Chairman Keith Sirju said hospitals and ministries had not paid their electricity bills for several months and this was affecting T&TEC’s cash flow and its ability to carry out certain operations in a timely manner.

He said T&TEC had implemented a plan to recover the arrears but was mindful of the fact that some of the delinquent institutions were not ones where “you just can go and take off the electricity.”

He explained: “Some of these customers that are owing T&TEC are providing services to the country and to citizens. I don’t want to call the names out in public.”

Public Utilities Minister Robert Le Hunte said T&TEC had been trying to do more with less and in the last six months its board has implemented measures, including increasing in-house work and reducing overtime.

He said the public could help by reducing their electricity usage.

Le Hunte said a 15 per cent reduction in customer consumption would save the country $100 million in three years. This means less gas used to produce electricity which would increase the supply that could be sold internationally at a higher price.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2018-04- ... 25-million

" .. T&TEC has applied to the Regulated Industries Commission for a review of its rates.
Le Hunte said the rates citizens paid for electricity was one-sixth of the average paid in other Caribbean countries .. "

Is this another form of "taxation" ?

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Re: TTEC Tax ?

Postby Cantmis » April 30th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Does t&tec operate in other Caribbean countries?

daron
Sweet on this forum

Postby daron » April 30th, 2018, 2:59 pm

T&TEC owed $225 million
Date:
Monday, April 30, 2018 - 14:15

Although the T&T Electricity Commission (T&TEC) has spent more $60 million in the last five months to improve its service, it is hampered by $225 million in arrears, with business and government entities among the biggest debtors.

Chairman Keith Sirju said hospitals and ministries had not paid their electricity bills for several months and this was affecting T&TEC’s cash flow and its ability to carry out certain operations in a timely manner.

He said T&TEC had implemented a plan to recover the arrears but was mindful of the fact that some of the delinquent institutions were not ones where “you just can go and take off the electricity.”

He explained: “Some of these customers that are owing T&TEC are providing services to the country and to citizens. I don’t want to call the names out in public.”

Public Utilities Minister Robert Le Hunte said T&TEC had been trying to do more with less and in the last six months its board has implemented measures, including increasing in-house work and reducing overtime.

Le Hunte said a 15 per cent reduction in customer consumption would save the country $100 million in three years. This means less gas used to produce electricity which would increase the supply that could be sold internationally at a higher price.

T&TEC has applied to the Regulated Industries Commission for a review of its rates. Le Hunte said the rates citizens paid for electricity was one-sixth of the average paid in other Caribbean countries.

“The whole message is that of conservation. As I said, it is a win-in situation and if people reduce their consumption, they will benefit.

In some cases, based on how people utilise electricity, they might be able to reduce by more than 15 per cent and that is not only for our consumers, even the employers.

“I have spoken about the air conditioning units in buildings, so we all have to work towards exercising or inculcating a culture of conservation. Businesses are leaving units on after working hours,” he said.

http://www.cnc3.co.tt/press-release/tte ... 25-million

cueball1990
Trinituner Peong

Postby cueball1990 » April 30th, 2018, 3:38 pm

everytthing raising but man salary boiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 30th, 2018, 4:02 pm

Get ready to pay double or triple your electricity bills. To be fair it is a lot lower than other countries so we need to conserve, especially regarding use of the energy hogging equipment like air conditioning. Set it to 25C and use a fan in conjunction with it and you will feel just as cool as for instance 22C and no fan. Every degree lower is more power being used. And of course turn it off when you leave the room. An AC uses anywhere from 1000-4000 watts whereas a fan uses less than 100!!!. Thats between 10-40 times what the fan uses.

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » April 30th, 2018, 4:06 pm

Le hunt ....mc start with all govt offices 15% less usage ...give lasco fans no more ac

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » April 30th, 2018, 5:06 pm

Le (unte...:|

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » April 30th, 2018, 7:08 pm

redmanjp wrote:Get ready to pay double or triple your electricity bills. To be fair it is a lot lower than other countries so we need to conserve, especially regarding use of the energy hogging equipment like air conditioning. Set it to 25C and use a fan in conjunction with it and you will feel just as cool as for instance 22C and no fan. Every degree lower is more power being used. And of course turn it off when you leave the room. An AC uses anywhere from 1000-4000 watts whereas a fan uses less than 100!!!. Thats between 10-40 times what the fan uses.

but then you will hear the ac men jump in and say "ah air condition doh pull current...it does only pull plenty current when it start up...."

i would like to think instead of "taxing" the citizens more - which may come in the future.....

why not allow home owners to own their own solar equipment ( not just cells - remove taxes on converters and storage batteries make it easier to obtain / purchase)

or invest in some windmills along the northern range or up on the eastern side of the country from mathura to grand rivere??

agreed ton asking consumers to conserve but dont ask consumers to conserve - in order to sell the "saved" gas internationally......

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » April 30th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Wait for the review...short man not using grease this time

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 30th, 2018, 7:18 pm

And price is one thing. The other is we recently ratified the Paris Climate agreement, so you know conservation is a must to lower carbon emissions

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » April 30th, 2018, 10:09 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Wait for the review...short man not using grease this time

And it legal now :lol:

supernedd
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby supernedd » May 1st, 2018, 4:32 am

hahahhaha . nah them can't be serious.. this country in a mess.. . them starting to sound like wasa

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » May 1st, 2018, 6:09 am

Yes we may be paying less than other countries but how do salaries in those other countries compare with salaries here in terms of value/ purchasing power?

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » May 1st, 2018, 6:13 am

skylinechild wrote:
redmanjp wrote:Get ready to pay double or triple your electricity bills. To be fair it is a lot lower than other countries so we need to conserve, especially regarding use of the energy hogging equipment like air conditioning. Set it to 25C and use a fan in conjunction with it and you will feel just as cool as for instance 22C and no fan. Every degree lower is more power being used. And of course turn it off when you leave the room. An AC uses anywhere from 1000-4000 watts whereas a fan uses less than 100!!!. Thats between 10-40 times what the fan uses.

but then you will hear the ac men jump in and say "ah air condition doh pull current...it does only pull plenty current when it start up...."

i would like to think instead of "taxing" the citizens more - which may come in the future.....

why not allow home owners to own their own solar equipment ( not just cells - remove taxes on converters and storage batteries make it easier to obtain / purchase)

or invest in some windmills along the northern range or up on the eastern side of the country from mathura to grand rivere??

agreed ton asking consumers to conserve but dont ask consumers to conserve - in order to sell the "saved" gas internationally......
these solar equipment are already exempted and can be reclaimed in full through your tax returns.

It isn't hard to conserve electricity men does want to have on lights inside in their house whole day run A/C whole day even when u not at home. You would be surprised in some instances that you may actually qualify for the T&tec rebate if your bill is less than $2-300. u get I believe 25% off your bill if I'm. not mistaken. So on top of paying the lowest rate in the Caribbean you get a quarter off your bill for conserving electricity what else allyuh want again? Free current?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 1st, 2018, 6:31 am

boxy wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

these solar equipment are already exempted and can be reclaimed in full through your tax returns.

It isn't hard to conserve electricity men does want to have on lights inside in their house whole day run A/C whole day even when u not at home. You would be surprised in some instances that you may actually qualify for the T&tec rebate if your bill is less than $2-300. u get I believe 25% off your bill if I'm. not mistaken. So on top of paying the lowest rate in the Caribbean you get a quarter off your bill for conserving electricity what else allyuh want again? Free current?

show me a bill for $300 and show me the house that is attached to it....

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » May 1st, 2018, 7:25 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
boxy wrote:
skylinechild wrote:

show me a bill for $300 and show me the house that is attached to it....
Easy.
show me a bill for $300
(Your next bill. cycle if u conserve electricity)

show me the house that is attached to it
Take a selfie in front yuh house with the bill when u surprise even yourself with what u can do by taking lights off when not in use.)

Jesu
Riding on 13's

Postby Jesu » May 1st, 2018, 8:28 am

Saving electricity is one thing. Why aren't there incentives for people to switch to LED lighting or alternative power sources? They all would have the effect of reducing consumption, decentralising power generation so maintenece costs to T&TEC would be reduced, also creating alternative sources of income for T&TEC by way of certification and inspection services.

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby boxy » May 1st, 2018, 9:38 am

the incentives for people. are built in via LED u literally save hundreds via consumption every year it's just that filament bulbs are much cheaper but cost more in the long. run.

There is already incentives for solar power units where u get generous tax exemptions and refunds
Same thing with Air conditioning the inverter units pay back for themselves within the first year of owning one. but people usually buy the $2500 10k btu that China dumps here.
The people that pay 8-900 in electricity need to be cognizant for one bill cycle and they will. see exactly how they were throwing away money

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 1st, 2018, 9:54 am

The Guardian article claims TTEC in debt because of "hospitals and ministries" customers NOT PAYING their TTEC arrears.

So why Le Hunt Ketchup does not focus on clearing up these "hospitals and ministries" arrears ?

Why he does not do his job and stop the mamaguy ?

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » May 1st, 2018, 9:58 am

daron wrote:Image

T&TEC owed $225 million
Date:

T&TEC has applied to the Regulated Industries Commission for a review of its rates. Le Hunte said the rates citizens paid for electricity was one-sixth of the average paid in other Caribbean countries.

“The whole message is that of conservation. As I said, it is a win-in situation and if people reduce their consumption, they will benefit.

In some cases, based on how people utilise electricity, they might be able to reduce by more than 15 per cent and that is not only for our consumers, even the employers.

“I have spoken about the air conditioning units in buildings, so we all have to work towards exercising or inculcating a culture of conservation. Businesses are leaving units on after working hours,” he said.

Is he admitting that they cannot or will not bother to get the money owed?

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 1st, 2018, 10:07 am

abducted wrote:
daron wrote:Image

T&TEC owed $225 million
Date:

Is he admitting that they cannot or will not bother to get the money owed?

Le Hunt Ketchup wanted to bottle WASA water and sell it back to Trini people.

Now he want to add stress and mayhem to people by raising TTEC rates ?

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » May 1st, 2018, 10:17 am

My household bill consistently under $150.00. I dunno what else I hadda do.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 1st, 2018, 12:38 pm

Les Bain wrote:My household bill consistently under $150.00. I dunno what else I hadda do.

u use lasco fan i take it?

TTCP
Street 2NR

Postby TTCP » May 1st, 2018, 12:53 pm

Les Bain wrote:My household bill consistently under $150.00. I dunno what else I hadda do.
So the government not paying its bills so the ppl hadda suffer? Again? Again we have to tighten we belt?... AGAIN????

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » May 1st, 2018, 1:07 pm

redmanjp wrote:

u use lasco fan i take it?

Lasko fan, them spiral lightbulb, and we follow the energy conservation rules they teach kindergartners.

TTCP wrote:
So the government not paying its bills so the ppl hadda suffer? Again? Again we have to tighten we belt?... AGAIN????

Boy I dunno what to say again. We paying for people who like arctic winds and known for leaving their chauffeured vehicle engines running at functions so the vehicle freezing on re-entry.

wickedtuna
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby wickedtuna » May 1st, 2018, 1:20 pm

So ur Internet bill is more than ur electricity bill

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » May 1st, 2018, 1:51 pm

Yep.
Should go down even more when we roll out the LED lightbulbs.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 1st, 2018, 2:42 pm

The $150 means u get the rebate I suppose

Les Bain
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Les Bain » May 1st, 2018, 4:08 pm

I do. My household was trying to maintain a low light bill for some time but I took in a few lectures at a travelling German alternate energy exhibition that was in the country last year and got even more determined to get used to saving energy before the country became forced to do so.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 1st, 2018, 8:18 pm

check this out http://www.yanmarenergy.com.au/types-of-buildings/homes
Nippon made Osaka engineering.
Off the grid AC units that can run on LPG!!! Expensive as hell, but the costs will pay for itself in time.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”