TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Interchange at Curepe - Churchill Roosevelt Highway/Southern Main Road flyover

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: Interchange at Curepe - Churchill Roosevelt Highway/Southern Main Road flyover

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 25th, 2020, 9:52 am

Dizzy28 wrote:What phase are all the fancy buildings in the background going to be built??

About ah 50 years

android79
3NE 2NR for life

Re: Interchange at Curepe - Churchill Roosevelt Highway/Southern Main Road flyover

Postby android79 » March 25th, 2020, 10:06 am

firelynx wrote:
that is true trini drivers, accident at 5:13

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 25th, 2020, 10:13 am

Eliteauto Landscaping Services plant some nice trees dey boy.

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » March 27th, 2020, 3:09 am

i see theyopen the curepe over pass, but i coming from the east and wanted to go south an they kants block off the south turn. had was to use by grand bazar and come around. how the arse man hadda go south by kaydonna dey who heading from the east?

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 27th, 2020, 7:10 am

Well that part probably not open yet and still under construction. I haven't seen any announcement from the MoWT.

And you getting on like you had to walk to Grand Bazaar and back, like if driving that distance didn't take just 10 minutes in your car.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » March 27th, 2020, 7:58 am

screwbash wrote:i see theyopen the curepe over pass, but i coming from the east and wanted to go south an they kants block off the south turn. had was to use by grand bazar and come around. how the arse man hadda go south by kaydonna dey who heading from the east?
That section is currently being worked on and should open next week

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 27th, 2020, 8:09 am

Had was ...........hehehehehe!!!!
screwbash wrote:i see theyopen the curepe over pass, but i coming from the east and wanted to go south an they kants block off the south turn. had was to use by grand bazar and come around. how the arse man hadda go south by kaydonna dey who heading from the east?

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 29th, 2020, 2:59 pm

They installed the walkover today . I didn't know so I end up in traffic for three hours while they have the crane holding it and workers bolting it down .

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 29th, 2020, 3:04 pm

aye boy i get ketch in that sour puss thing today. Rel sick traffic on a Sunday. I didn't see any bulletins out for those traffic plans. Re-routed through Curepe and pass through Mt. Hope. SMR exits closed!

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 29th, 2020, 7:18 pm

I make the U turn by the traffic light , went back to UWI lights , go through spring village , cremation site and up the highway to GB just a few mins. Fassness make mih go through GB and out to Bamboo to watch the lift. One crane , if you see the sling they rig up.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 29th, 2020, 7:32 pm

That crane was huge. As i was passing earlier to go East i was wondering the cost per day to deploy that thing.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 29th, 2020, 7:37 pm

Junior build the whole thing so the cost included. I wondered how many milions it cost though.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 29th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Will post the dashcam footage when i process it.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 29th, 2020, 8:15 pm

I tell my wife to take pics , then after a while realise she was sleeping.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 30th, 2020, 8:34 pm

rspann wrote:I make the U turn by the traffic light , went back to UWI lights , go through spring village , cremation site and up the highway to GB just a few mins. Fassness make mih go through GB and out to Bamboo to watch the lift. One crane , if you see the sling they rig up.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 30th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Look it up in the air. Watch the sling.
Attachments
Screenshot_20200330-182405.png

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 30th, 2020, 9:22 pm

That is a jokey walkover, it have a support in the middle
Like they cut costs on it.

Who is the big belly red necks working for jsam

Dashcam quality very good.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 30th, 2020, 10:29 pm

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 30th, 2020, 10:41 pm

rspann wrote:Look it up in the air. Watch the sling.

Technically the attachment directly attached to the walkover is a spreader bar. The sling is attached to the crane boom reeving block, which raises or lowers the load. Spreader bars distribute the load evenly across multiple points, especially useful with wide heavy loads like that one.

randolphinshan
Riding on 17's

Postby randolphinshan » March 31st, 2020, 12:58 am

De Dragon wrote:

Technically the attachment directly attached to the walkover is a spreader bar. The sling is attached to the crane boom reeving block, which raises or lowers the load. Spreader bars distribute the load evenly across multiple points, especially useful with wide heavy loads like that one.

Well done PNM. Very soon signed, sealed and delivered. Only thing UNC bandit could do well was steal and pay 6 million for a 2 million fire tender, that is all the sense them had :roll:

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 31st, 2020, 1:18 am

randolphinshan wrote:
De Dragon wrote:

Well done PNM. Very soon signed, sealed and delivered. Only thing UNC bandit could do well was steal and pay 6 million for a 2 million fire tender, that is all the sense them had :roll:

This assclown Token boasting about Roundabout Rohan payback as an achievement yes! :lol:

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 31st, 2020, 7:32 am

Yeah boy Randolph , UNC real thief. It never happened before them , and it stop after them.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 31st, 2020, 8:20 am

two of the biggest white elephant projects a stones throw away from this walkover

mt hope hospital
caroni racing complex, if allyuh old enough

rspann wrote:Yeah boy Randolph , UNC real thief. It never happened before them , and it stop after them.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 31st, 2020, 10:56 am

pugboy wrote:two of the biggest white elephant projects a stones throw away from this walkover

mt hope hospital
caroni racing complex, if allyuh old enough

rspann wrote:Yeah boy Randolph , UNC real thief. It never happened before them , and it stop after them.

Suzanne Sheppard
Published: Thursday, May 17, 2018
Stifled by unchallenged corruption

People who have been around a long time will remember former PNM minister Johnny O’Halloran, a high-ranking member of the Eric Williams Cabinet, who lined his pockets with millions of dollars from foreign firms wanting to secure local contracts.

Among these was the Caroni Racing Complex project, where tonnes of steel and concrete worth close to $100 million disappeared into the Caroni Swamp in a scandal in which Texas construction firm Sam P Wallace was also implicated. That project that was never completed.

Another scandal erupted during the time that he held the portfolio of Industry and Commerce in 1956 and reportedly collected kickbacks for a $43 million sewerage scheme, then as chairman of the Chaguaramas Development Authority, O’Halloran—a close confidant of Williams—rented out state lands to companies without proper procedure.

Some of these incidents date back to before I was born, while other took place in the years just after Independence in 1962, the year of my birth, so I had to rely on historical records for some of these cases.

However few decades later, just as I was completing secondary school, there was another case of corruption which I can remember because it occurred in the latter part of the Williams administration in July 1980. I remember reading all the newspaper accounts of the DC-9 scandal—a questionable deal for purchase of four new DC-9 aircraft for BWIA from the US-based McDonnel Douglas Corporation. A $1.3 million bribe was reportedly paid to another senior government official, Francis Prevatt, for securing this deal.

I recount some of these corruption scandals just to illustrate the fact that here has hardly been a time in this country’s modern history when there hasn’t been that taint over one political administration or another.

In recent times, corruption has shrouded mega projects such as the Brian Lara Cricket Academy (Tarouba Stadium), the Scarborough Hospital and even the Guanapo church scandal.

The jury is still out on the Piarco Airport scandal, which erupted during a UNC administration. Two decades later, former public officials and business figures are still before the courts in cases arising out of that matter.

These cases have cost T&T billions of dollars that could have gone toward development of this country, construction and maintenance of infrastructure and other important state projects. Taxpayers funds which should have been used for the benefit of the wider population, funnel into private bank accounts, siphoned off and accumulated as ill-gotten wealth for a select few.

These incidents—and there are many others that space does not allow me to recount here—fit into the World Bank’s definition of corruption, “the abuse of public office for private gains.”

The World Bank expands on that explanation as follows:

“Public office is abused for private gain when an official accepts edicts or extorts a bribe. It is also abused when private agents actively offer bribes to circumvent public policies and processes for competitive advantage and profit. Public office can also be abused for personal benefit even if no bribery occurs through patronage and nepotism, the thereof state assets or the diversion of state resources.”

The fact is so many cases of corruption—in most instances the perpetrators have been caught or convicted—have been serious hindrances to T&T’s development.

Prospects for prosperity have been reduced over the years because an environment has been allowed to develop where there has not been a consistent demand for transparency and accountability in the conduct of public affairs.

The World Bank and Transparency International have found that in countries like ours where there are higher levels of corruption, less funds are used for the public good and investment. It is just too easy for criminals of the white collar variety, as well as gangs, to circumvent and undermine laws.

O’Halloran, Prevatt and others fled the country, finding safety from arrest and conviction in other jurisdictions. In fact, their easy escapes is highlighted in David Rudder’s 1987 hit, Panama.

Sadly, cases like those, where corruption goes unchallenged, are the norm rather than the exception in this country.

In addition to hampering efforts to fight poverty and inequality, corruption stifles economic growth and diverts desperately needed funds from essential public services, such as education and health.

According to the World Bank, approximately US$1 trillion is siphoned off through bribes every year.

In our corner of the world, corruption allows the illegal drug trade to flourish, as across the region bribes are paid for government, law enforcement and justice system officials to “look the other way.”

Bribery and other corrupt activities have a major economic effect on developing countries like ours, decreasing overall economic GDP per capita and reduces capital formation.

Here in T&T, there are several pieces of anti-corruption legislation. The Integrity in Public Life Act requires public officials to disclose assets throughout their time in office and the Prevention of Corruption Act provides for punishment of corruption in public office. However, to turn things around, there must be enforcement of these laws

But laws are only part of the framework needed to detect and deter acts of corruption. Unfortunately, in this country, many challenges persist. For example, procurement processes are not fully transparent and there have been claims that they can still be manipulated or bypassed.

The Government needs to try harder to prove that it is indeed committed to systems of transparency by setting a time table and pressing ahead with long promised laws and other reforms. The recent improvement in T&T’s ranking in the Corruption Perceptions Index is just not enough, not in a country where the all-time high was 101 in 2016 the record low in 2001.

There is need for improvement in the management of public resources, ensuring more efficiency and fairness with subsidies, tax exemptions, procurement of goods and services and other process. T&T needs more open and transparent processes so that there is less chance for malfeasance and abuse.

Cutting away the miles of extremely burdensome bureaucratic red tape that make it so difficult to conduct business will eliminate many of the practices that breed corruption.

Reducing subsidies, also reduces opportunities for corruption. It has been proven that subsidies can encourage hoarding, shortages, and the emergence of black markets, leading to corruption-generating schemes.

In terms of operating systems and processes, available technologies can be powerful weapons in the fight against corruption. In other parts of the world, online platforms have been successful for tax collection, public procurement and reducing red tape.

Public procurement is also a fertile breeding ground for corruption because purchases of goods and services and awarding of contracts, facilitates graft, kickbacks and collusion. This is an area of particular concern since long-awaited legislation is yet to be fully implemented.

Not too long ago, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley lamented the high level of corruption that persists in the country. His PNM administration came into power on manifesto promises of tackling corruption. It is time to keep those promises.

T&T can move beyond its current developing country status and finally achieve long-term economic stability but to get there, cutting out the corruption is essential.
http://www.classifieds.guardian.co.tt/b ... corruption

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 31st, 2020, 11:02 am

Johnny O make Calder hart look small

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » March 31st, 2020, 11:05 am

You all really think Randull cares about corruption??

Its a particular gripe he has with the past administration..........could be a ten days he didn't get or one of them KPB mugs that was giving out for Xmas he wanted three but they only give him two.

But it certainly has nothing to do with corruption overall

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » March 31st, 2020, 11:07 am

Allyuh lying. PNM never teef. All them thing they saying ain't true. Only UNC teef . Ask one eye.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 31st, 2020, 12:08 pm

Randolph how much ronnani get for kaydonna??

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » March 31st, 2020, 12:45 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Randolph how much ronnani get for kaydonna??

He probably still counting.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 31st, 2020, 12:49 pm

Come now, he's not intelligent enough to answer dem question. He'll simply repeat Kamla/UNC thief with all the variants, lay low for a few days, then repeat.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”